Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Postponements 12:53 - Dec 23 with 22640 viewsboromat

4 games off this weekend in League One due to Covid-19 infiltrating football club 'bubbles'.

This doesn't bode well for the season I think we're lucky there's not been too many called off due to weather so far but there could be some pile up of fixtures if this is what we are to expect every week. I know there's been talking of a football circuit breaker. I'm not sure how that would work.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Covid Postponements on 13:42 - Dec 23 with 7444 viewsToffeemanc

Paul Lambert at Ipswich certainly isn't happy with the EFL testing programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55413489

Giving the increase of transmission of the new variant and what seems like an inevitable further lockdown in January due to this and the Christmas spike that will follow, I can quite easily see leagues one and two not completing the season again.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Covid Postponements on 14:37 - Dec 23 with 7378 viewsD_Alien

Given this possibility, it's absolutely essential we keep our necks above the bottom four

There's no knowing if or when the season might end, but we need to give ourselves the best chance of staying in L1 by adapting our game in an entirely pragmatic manner

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid Postponements on 17:12 - Dec 23 with 7241 views442Dale

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/maxwell-and-virtue-return-posit

Possible doubt over the game on Boxing Day?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid Postponements on 17:28 - Dec 23 with 7201 viewsblackdogblue

Covid Postponements on 17:12 - Dec 23 by 442Dale

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/maxwell-and-virtue-return-posit

Possible doubt over the game on Boxing Day?

Why do they not put the season on hold for a month until the end of January. It can easily be extended forward a month as it’s not like we will be going on a summer holiday in June does it..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Covid Postponements on 17:34 - Dec 23 with 7188 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 17:28 - Dec 23 by blackdogblue

Why do they not put the season on hold for a month until the end of January. It can easily be extended forward a month as it’s not like we will be going on a summer holiday in June does it..

That's a bit like asking why they don't have a winter break in January.

There's no knowing when the worst of it will come.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid Postponements on 17:50 - Dec 23 with 7166 viewsYorkshire_Dale

And right on cue another "super" strain of the virus, 501.v2, pops up from South Africa to p*ss on our chips even more.
Covid Postponements on 18:50 - Dec 23 with 7075 viewsDalenet

Covid Postponements on 17:28 - Dec 23 by blackdogblue

Euro 2020 is due to be played in June isn't it followed by the delayed Olympics.

Not that that should stop the lower leagues continuing to play.

I hope the vaccines work quickly enough or I can see a real problem with the big summer tournaments that may still need to be held behind closed doors
Covid Postponements on 19:59 - Dec 23 with 6981 viewsnordenblue

Covid Postponements on 18:50 - Dec 23 by Dalenet

Euro 2020 is due to be played in June isn't it followed by the delayed Olympics.

Not that that should stop the lower leagues continuing to play.

I hope the vaccines work quickly enough or I can see a real problem with the big summer tournaments that may still need to be held behind closed doors

It won't matter how quick/slow the vaccine works, they'll never get near to rolling it out in time for this summer,
Login to get fewer ads

Covid Postponements on 20:39 - Dec 23 with 6924 viewsDaleiLama

Covid Postponements on 19:59 - Dec 23 by nordenblue

It won't matter how quick/slow the vaccine works, they'll never get near to rolling it out in time for this summer,

If they give people single shots there's a better chance. Saw a report saying a single = 91% and double = 95% effectiveness. Calls to dish singles out to all front line workers and the more vulnerable and if that still works, a follow up asap.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Covid Postponements on 20:53 - Dec 23 with 6895 viewsD_Alien

Covid Postponements on 20:39 - Dec 23 by DaleiLama

If they give people single shots there's a better chance. Saw a report saying a single = 91% and double = 95% effectiveness. Calls to dish singles out to all front line workers and the more vulnerable and if that still works, a follow up asap.

I'm sure there are scientists looking at the possibilities of single-dose options, but as things stand, the vaccines are licensed only for double-dose use

Worth remembering also, that not everyone needs to be vaccinated before the tiers can start being downscaled - just those most at risk of becoming seriously ill

Once a second and third vaccine comes onstream (Moderna, AstraZeneca) the options are further extended and by that point the distribution network will be much more widespread. In particular, the storage requirements that currently hinder the Biontech vaccine won't apply to AstraZeneca

Covid Postponements on 20:56 - Dec 23 with 6886 viewsscarrow

There's been remarkably few postponements considering. I reckon they'll do anything to avoid stopping the season again. It'll take a full on lockdown.

Poll: Final position

Covid Postponements on 20:58 - Dec 23 with 6881 viewsDaleiLama

Covid Postponements on 20:53 - Dec 23 by D_Alien

I'm sure there are scientists looking at the possibilities of single-dose options, but as things stand, the vaccines are licensed only for double-dose use

Worth remembering also, that not everyone needs to be vaccinated before the tiers can start being downscaled - just those most at risk of becoming seriously ill

Once a second and third vaccine comes onstream (Moderna, AstraZeneca) the options are further extended and by that point the distribution network will be much more widespread. In particular, the storage requirements that currently hinder the Biontech vaccine won't apply to AstraZeneca

Indeed, the cavalry is coming but the indians just got faster. Didn't realise the license deal implications, but if all the doses of Pfizer have been injected into arms here and there are no second doses available at that time .............

Having said that, I'm aware of US and UK approval, but globally, less competition at present for more doses if available

Covid Postponements on 21:10 - Dec 23 with 6854 viewsD_Alien

Covid Postponements on 20:58 - Dec 23 by DaleiLama

Indeed, the cavalry is coming but the indians just got faster. Didn't realise the license deal implications, but if all the doses of Pfizer have been injected into arms here and there are no second doses available at that time .............

Having said that, I'm aware of US and UK approval, but globally, less competition at present for more doses if available

The indians, if the study of viral mutation shows anything, may get faster but also weaker, i.e. less likely to cause severe illness

I'm quietly confident we'll be out of the woods and into the pubs by late Spring, if not before

Covid Postponements on 21:22 - Dec 23 with 6834 viewsDaleiLama

Covid Postponements on 21:10 - Dec 23 by D_Alien

The indians, if the study of viral mutation shows anything, may get faster but also weaker, i.e. less likely to cause severe illness

I'm quietly confident we'll be out of the woods and into the pubs by late Spring, if not before

I'll drink to that. I'll even buy you a pint

Covid Postponements on 21:29 - Dec 23 with 6821 viewsD_Alien

Covid Postponements on 21:22 - Dec 23 by DaleiLama

I'll drink to that. I'll even buy you a pint

Let's hope it's in the Social before heading to the COA

(You'll get one back )

Covid Postponements on 21:57 - Dec 23 with 6773 viewsnordenblue

Absolutely and fingers crossed,but at the current vaccination rate of around 137k a week,approx 19,500 a day it will take a good while to become anywhere near useful, whilst not everyone may need/require a vaccine I'd be more than surprised they'd consider relaxing tiers knowing the majority of the country have the capability to contract and infect everyone else still.
Covid Postponements on 22:18 - Dec 23 with 6748 viewsblackdogblue

Just to get back to my?.. if they did announce we are “non elite” (other posts aside 🤣)..

If the “Government (HanCOCk) sorry”, said it’s all over for League 1, based on last seasons methodology would we stay up?

Hear calculators & statisticians clicking 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Covid Postponements on 22:32 - Dec 23 with 6717 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 22:18 - Dec 23 by blackdogblue

Just to get back to my?.. if they did announce we are “non elite” (other posts aside 🤣)..

If the “Government (HanCOCk) sorry”, said it’s all over for League 1, based on last seasons methodology would we stay up?

Hear calculators & statisticians clicking 😀

At this moment in time we would, because three of the teams below us have played one more game and the other have played the same games but have less points!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid Postponements on 22:40 - Dec 23 with 6712 views442Dale

Covid Postponements on 22:32 - Dec 23 by TVOS1907

At this moment in time we would, because three of the teams below us have played one more game and the other have played the same games but have less points!

STOP THE COUNT.

Covid Postponements on 12:56 - Dec 24 with 6454 views442Dale

Hull affected now.

Covid Postponements on 15:30 - Dec 24 with 6314 views49thseason

Excellent, but what happens if it only lasts a month?
Covid Postponements on 16:23 - Dec 24 with 6273 viewsDaleiLama

Covid Postponements on 15:30 - Dec 24 by 49thseason

Excellent, but what happens if it only lasts a month?

Order more. The cost of vaccination < a reduction of 20% of GDP

Covid Postponements on 16:33 - Dec 25 with 6046 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/statement--blackpool-game-suspe
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 16:34]

Covid Postponements on 17:55 - Dec 25 with 5827 viewsD_Dale

Covid Postponements on 16:33 - Dec 25 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/statement--blackpool-game-suspe
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 16:34]

Confirmed by Blackpool:

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/rochdale-match-postponed/

Possibly only one player has the virus, but the others can't play due to the self-isolation requirement.

A pity the match is off, but maybe there'll be more time for injured players to recover (and possibly a strengthening of the squad when the transfer window reopens).
Covid Postponements on 19:14 - Dec 25 with 5638 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 17:55 - Dec 25 by D_Dale

Confirmed by Blackpool:

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/rochdale-match-postponed/

Possibly only one player has the virus, but the others can't play due to the self-isolation requirement.

A pity the match is off, but maybe there'll be more time for injured players to recover (and possibly a strengthening of the squad when the transfer window reopens).

Dale and Blackpool released the story simultaneously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024