Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre half crisis 11:34 - Jan 17 with 6922 viewsBeechball

If McShane is too fragile to play on Tuesday have we got time to sign someone else ?
Centre half crisis on 11:42 - Jan 17 with 5005 viewsJames1980

Roberts and Keohane/Morley as CBs. Hopefully Mclaughlin can last the game. Done will likely be LB. Humphrys, Beesley Newby and Rathbone. Fingers crossed Lund will be back.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Centre half crisis on 13:15 - Jan 17 with 4846 viewsnordenblue

Centre half crisis on 11:42 - Jan 17 by James1980

Roberts and Keohane/Morley as CBs. Hopefully Mclaughlin can last the game. Done will likely be LB. Humphrys, Beesley Newby and Rathbone. Fingers crossed Lund will be back.

McLaughlin will go missing again for a stretch shortly, he must be due, I'd bomb both him and McShane out the door, both dragging a wage for not a great deal,far too fragile.
Centre half crisis on 20:02 - Jan 17 with 4536 viewsboromat

Centre half crisis on 13:15 - Jan 17 by nordenblue

McLaughlin will go missing again for a stretch shortly, he must be due, I'd bomb both him and McShane out the door, both dragging a wage for not a great deal,far too fragile.

It's a shame because they're both very good players but with such a small squad we can afford players not to be available. I think we were all worried about these two at the start of the season and our worries have come to fruition.

Have to move on in the summer especially if we're stuck to the same numbers that we currently are.

For Tuesday without McShane and Lund we could be struggling to put out anything like a competitive team.

Bazunu
McLaughlin Keohane Roberts Done
Newby Morley Rathbone Baah/Dooley
Beesley Humphrys

Would likely be our team and that defence and midfield worries me. In fact I don't think you can play Baah it has to be Dooley to help out defensively. And I know that sounds ridiculous after his sub appearance the other day.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Centre half crisis on 20:15 - Jan 17 with 4493 viewsD_Alien

Centre half crisis on 20:02 - Jan 17 by boromat

It's a shame because they're both very good players but with such a small squad we can afford players not to be available. I think we were all worried about these two at the start of the season and our worries have come to fruition.

Have to move on in the summer especially if we're stuck to the same numbers that we currently are.

For Tuesday without McShane and Lund we could be struggling to put out anything like a competitive team.

Bazunu
McLaughlin Keohane Roberts Done
Newby Morley Rathbone Baah/Dooley
Beesley Humphrys

Would likely be our team and that defence and midfield worries me. In fact I don't think you can play Baah it has to be Dooley to help out defensively. And I know that sounds ridiculous after his sub appearance the other day.

I'd go with Baah. An away fixture against a team chasing promotion (like at Charlton) isn't going to see Donny doubling up on him. Leaving him on the bench risks having the game gone before he can make an impact

And it's not just last week that Dooley's defensive qualities have been lacking, i'm not even sure i'd prefer him over Baah on that score either

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Centre half crisis on 21:19 - Jan 17 with 4409 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Centre half crisis on 20:15 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

I'd go with Baah. An away fixture against a team chasing promotion (like at Charlton) isn't going to see Donny doubling up on him. Leaving him on the bench risks having the game gone before he can make an impact

And it's not just last week that Dooley's defensive qualities have been lacking, i'm not even sure i'd prefer him over Baah on that score either

Must be time to give Dunne a run at left back, maybe with done left midfield to help cover.

Neither Baah or Dooley can defend with any real effect

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Centre half crisis on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 4322 viewsnordenblue

Centre half crisis on 21:19 - Jan 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

Must be time to give Dunne a run at left back, maybe with done left midfield to help cover.

Neither Baah or Dooley can defend with any real effect

Playing any left back actually at left back would be something of a novelty
Centre half crisis on 01:45 - Jan 18 with 4225 viewsYadHoDale

Has Jake Beesley ever played in defence? His dad was a very competent performer there for Wigan, Sheff U and Leeds, so it might be in the genes...
Centre half crisis on 09:20 - Jan 18 with 4038 viewsJames1980

How about 4 2 3 1 with Morley and Brierley sitting in front of the back for as protection, is that too cautious?

Login to get fewer ads

Centre half crisis on 10:13 - Jan 18 with 3926 viewsdingdangblue

Haven't the last 2 visits to Donny seen us 1-0 down within a minute of kick off?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Centre half crisis on 10:15 - Jan 18 with 3925 viewsJames1980

Centre half crisis on 10:13 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

Haven't the last 2 visits to Donny seen us 1-0 down within a minute of kick off?

Perhaps an element of caution might be sensible then.

Centre half crisis on 13:11 - Jan 18 with 3715 viewsdingdangblue

Centre half crisis on 10:15 - Jan 18 by James1980

Perhaps an element of caution might be sensible then.

I'd say the opposite and go for the Charlton approach. Going 1-0 down within a minute is very rare occurance - to do it 2 years running against the same opposition on the same ground is freaky. Something like that happening can't have anything to do with how you approach a game - just rank bad defending or bad luck or a bit of both.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Centre half crisis on 13:35 - Jan 18 with 3661 viewsJames1980

Centre half crisis on 13:11 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

I'd say the opposite and go for the Charlton approach. Going 1-0 down within a minute is very rare occurance - to do it 2 years running against the same opposition on the same ground is freaky. Something like that happening can't have anything to do with how you approach a game - just rank bad defending or bad luck or a bit of both.

Well if attack was the best form of defence with the back four we had against Charlton, you are probably correct.

Centre half crisis on 14:16 - Jan 18 with 3578 viewsboromat

After the last 3 games setting up to be solid and stealing a one nil win would be perfect. To be honest think I'd snatch your hand off if you offered me a nil nil.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Centre half crisis on 14:25 - Jan 18 with 3560 viewsAtThePeake

Centre half crisis on 14:16 - Jan 18 by boromat

After the last 3 games setting up to be solid and stealing a one nil win would be perfect. To be honest think I'd snatch your hand off if you offered me a nil nil.

We have to play to our strengths. Trying to be solid and steal a one-nil win with the players we have available is probably unrealistic.

Tangled up in blue.

Centre half crisis on 14:28 - Jan 18 with 3548 viewsDaleiLama

Centre half crisis on 14:25 - Jan 18 by AtThePeake

We have to play to our strengths. Trying to be solid and steal a one-nil win with the players we have available is probably unrealistic.

Sadly, I agree, dirty sheets are much more likely than clean ones this season. That was before our back line was depleted.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Centre half crisis on 15:56 - Jan 18 with 3426 viewsJames1980

Centre half crisis on 14:28 - Jan 18 by DaleiLama

Sadly, I agree, dirty sheets are much more likely than clean ones this season. That was before our back line was depleted.

So we need to make sure our opponents sheets are absolutely filthy.

Centre half crisis on 16:07 - Jan 18 with 3393 viewsBeechball

Surely Oldham would be open to some sort of deal for Wheater?
Centre half crisis on 17:11 - Jan 18 with 3293 viewsseasidedale

Think he will be too expensive and also has a history of injuries admit it’s better than McShane and mclaughlin
Centre half crisis on 20:40 - Jan 18 with 3081 viewsBeechball

I was thinking of a loan deal with Oldham subbing part of his wages
Centre half crisis on 07:06 - Jan 19 with 2826 viewsJames1980

Not suggesting he cover CH but is Lund going to be available tonight? Wasn't he struggling a bit on Saturday?

Centre half crisis on 20:34 - Jan 19 with 2480 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Centre half crisis on 07:06 - Jan 19 by James1980

Not suggesting he cover CH but is Lund going to be available tonight? Wasn't he struggling a bit on Saturday?

Harrison Mc is out of contract at scunny in summer I believe. Hardly been a dream move for him so maybe an option?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Centre half crisis on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 2381 views1907

Centre half crisis on 20:34 - Jan 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Harrison Mc is out of contract at scunny in summer I believe. Hardly been a dream move for him so maybe an option?

One of the most overrated defenders we ever had. No thanks.
Centre half crisis on 21:21 - Jan 19 with 2365 viewsD_Alien

Centre half crisis on 21:19 - Jan 19 by 1907

One of the most overrated defenders we ever had. No thanks.

Waheyyyy!

Centre half crisis on 21:28 - Jan 19 with 2327 viewsjudd

I think we will see incoming in the shape of:

Legal Manager to help out with the defence and penalties

A couple of accountants to help with clean spread sheets

A Strategy Manager to help with goals

Possibly a geometrist to help with corners

Poll: What is it to be then?

Centre half crisis on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 2306 viewsD_Alien

Centre half crisis on 21:28 - Jan 19 by judd

I think we will see incoming in the shape of:

Legal Manager to help out with the defence and penalties

A couple of accountants to help with clean spread sheets

A Strategy Manager to help with goals

Possibly a geometrist to help with corners

And how about an Entomologist, to help with FlyOnTheWall documentaries?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024