Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 10:45 - Jan 22 with 765 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53991/the-rochdaleafc.com-p

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 on 12:29 - Jan 22 with 707 viewsfitzochris

Another good listen - and I definitely agree with Chaff's perspective on the home form. Any other season and I suspect action would have been taken before now. Only Walter Joyce, I reckon, has overseen a worse record. Relying on away form is unsustainable and it very much is, as Chaff says, a psychological issue to be resolved as well as a tactical one.

Excellent point made about us not learning lessons too - Humphrys and Beesley work better closer together, so why was that reverted for the start of the Wigan game? It has been one of my consistent criticisms of BBM.

As always though, a positive about BBM is his recruitment.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 on 12:56 - Jan 22 with 684 viewsDaleiLama

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 on 12:29 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

Another good listen - and I definitely agree with Chaff's perspective on the home form. Any other season and I suspect action would have been taken before now. Only Walter Joyce, I reckon, has overseen a worse record. Relying on away form is unsustainable and it very much is, as Chaff says, a psychological issue to be resolved as well as a tactical one.

Excellent point made about us not learning lessons too - Humphrys and Beesley work better closer together, so why was that reverted for the start of the Wigan game? It has been one of my consistent criticisms of BBM.

As always though, a positive about BBM is his recruitment.

Relying on away form + on-going concerns about virus + double dip recession/some fans surviving on lower budgets than in a normal year + increased 2020 prices

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 on 20:16 - Jan 22 with 588 viewsEllDale

Has anyone raised the issue of the pitch in regards to our wretched home form.
Is it too good inasmuch as it’s no longer an advantage and visiting teams enjoy playing on it?
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 on 21:45 - Jan 22 with 540 viewsTVOS1907

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 31 on 20:16 - Jan 22 by EllDale

Has anyone raised the issue of the pitch in regards to our wretched home form.
Is it too good inasmuch as it’s no longer an advantage and visiting teams enjoy playing on it?

Don't think that's the case at all. It's entirely down to the way we are setting-up and playing at home.

Also, our home form has been pretty poor for several seasons.

Since the end of 2016/17 (our last good league season), we've played 73 league games at home and picked up 86 points (So 39.3% of the available points).

In the same time away, we've picked-up 77 points from 75 games (34.2% of the points available).

As you'd expect, more points at home, but not by much.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024