Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Silent T' Match Thread 08:58 - Feb 1 with 53017 viewsDorse

My record in starting match threads is something akin to falling down an open sewer to avoid walking under a ladder but here goes:

I would expect a result today. Preferably a win but failing that, a draw. However, a loss is also possible,

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 1 with 2264 viewsGreenbay

HT Report
QPR plenty of possession. But no clear cut chances.
Kane impressive as wing back. Several useful crosses.
Johansen on debut in midfield - sharp passes - considering has hardly played this season a very good addition.
Wallace - back after two months - solid so far.
Dickie, Dieng - one great reaction save onto the bar and Barbet off the line, all good.
QPR first 30 minutes in control before Watford started to steadily move up the gears before HT.
If we keep pressing and our energy levels go the distance - certainly a chance of something from this match.
But can Austin, Johansen and even Wallace go the distance?
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 1 with 2266 viewsQPRSteve

Austin is beginning to remind me a bit of Kevin Gallen with his link up play.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:34 - Feb 1 with 2241 viewsgobbles

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:25 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

Todd Kane is having a very good game, except that he cannot cross.

How can a 27 year old professional footballer, who has played full back his entire career, not be able to cross??

How has he never been coached or practised it enough to get decent at it?

It utterly baffles me.

P.s. Geoff Cameron beginning to cause chaos in our back line.

I think Kane has put in 3-4 really good crosses. Having a good game. Missing Dykes up front at the moment for Austin to feed off.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:34]
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 2182 viewsstainrods_elbow

We suddenly seem to look like a real football team - just one with little or no cutting edge, sadly.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 2175 viewssilverbirch

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:32 - Feb 1 by Match82

Just stand where he is aiming

Made me laugh!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 2164 viewsqprd

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 1 by QPRSteve

Austin is beginning to remind me a bit of Kevin Gallen with his link up play.

yep, that move where he takes it down on his chest with his back to goal and then swivels and plays to the flanks is quite impressive
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 2162 viewsStanisgod

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:34 - Feb 1 by gobbles

I think Kane has put in 3-4 really good crosses. Having a good game. Missing Dykes up front at the moment for Austin to feed off.

Yeah, I saw those as well.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:36 - Feb 1 with 2158 viewsQPRSteve

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:34 - Feb 1 by gobbles

Doing OK but his crossing is a bit like the curate's egg.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:36 - Feb 1 with 2144 viewsMalintabuk

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:31 - Feb 1 by FredManRave

CTN

That will do quite nicely.... have done really well against the best home record in all 4 divisions
Never really looked like scoring but apart from one decent from Dieng they don't look like scoring either
Defence looked solid and Barbet having a good game
Love the Fulham lad.... Real testament to him that not played all season and looks so fit.... impressive
Chair our best player
Hope we can keep this up and I'm sure Watford will come hard at us in the 2nd half
Decent you Rssss
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:36 - Feb 1 with 2135 viewsMyke

Not sure why Kane is getting hammered here. Exactly who else is at least attempting to get the ball in the box
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:37 - Feb 1 with 2090 viewskarl

0-0 having edged possession (my feeling) and been the brighter passing team, would have been delighted with that at the start of the game.
Only problem was the dip at 30 mins and although evened up again last 5 mins it does look like Watford could dominate us if we go off the boil, really important first 15!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:37 - Feb 1 with 2080 viewsqprxtc

Is it half time yet?
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:40 - Feb 1 with 1960 viewsted_hendrix

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:37 - Feb 1 by karl

0-0 having edged possession (my feeling) and been the brighter passing team, would have been delighted with that at the start of the game.
Only problem was the dip at 30 mins and although evened up again last 5 mins it does look like Watford could dominate us if we go off the boil, really important first 15!

56% possession.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:41 - Feb 1 with 1877 viewsstevec

They need to keep this level and tempo and not get disheartened even if we lose tonight.

Still maybe one pass too many but I like what I see and it smells different from our usual first half siege.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 with 1815 viewskarl

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:40 - Feb 1 by ted_hendrix

56% possession.

Cheers Ted, not directly at you but are Watford a team who sit in early and take pressure to gradually build a head of steam up and win games later on?
They don't look like they're worried about the game situation and frustrated to not be the dominant side
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 with 1816 viewsgobbles

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:36 - Feb 1 by Myke

Not sure why Kane is getting hammered here. Exactly who else is at least attempting to get the ball in the box

Maybe some are still watching the Reading game. For all the abuse he gets, Kane, who let's remember was a free transfer, puts a shift in every game. Considering how low his form was a few weeks ago, last few games he has really stood up.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:46]
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 with 1808 viewsNov77

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:40 - Feb 1 by ted_hendrix

56% possession.

Wonder how much was in the final third though? ...where it actually counts.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:45 - Feb 1 with 1762 viewsNov77

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 by gobbles

Maybe some are still watching the Reading game. For all the abuse he gets, Kane, who let's remember was a free transfer, puts a shift in every game. Considering how low his form was a few weeks ago, last few games he has really stood up.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:46]

He’s doing the job of two players, right back and right wing.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:45 - Feb 1 with 1740 viewsStanisgod

Sarr in the refs dressing room at the moment selling him a left handed screwdriver.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:46 - Feb 1 with 1708 viewsMyke

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 by karl

Cheers Ted, not directly at you but are Watford a team who sit in early and take pressure to gradually build a head of steam up and win games later on?
They don't look like they're worried about the game situation and frustrated to not be the dominant side

If you recall the home game, it was one of the few when we were actually stronger in the second half. Be nice to repeat that here
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:47 - Feb 1 with 1702 viewsted_hendrix

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 by karl

Cant get the game at the moment. stole those stats from the beeb half time stats.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:47 - Feb 1 with 1671 viewskarl

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 1 by Nov77

Wonder how much was in the final third though? ...where it actually counts.

I would say a good bit more than them, first 20 we had great possession wide and broken their lines. I find very little yo criticise the 1st half considering who we're playing and our form not that long ago.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:50 - Feb 1 with 1604 viewskarl

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:46 - Feb 1 by Myke

If you recall the home game, it was one of the few when we were actually stronger in the second half. Be nice to repeat that here

I struggle to remember what I had for tea last night Myke!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:54 - Feb 1 with 1504 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Ball has had a very up and down game today. Just played Barbet into trouble.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:54 - Feb 1 with 1438 viewsaston_hoop

fck sake. Not a great challenge Geoff

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024