Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 10:19 - Apr 4 with 18992 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another side with a new manager after another new manager embarrassed Steve Cooper who used to be a new manager before he became a slightly older one. That pathetic, gutless, outrageously poor and ridiculous performance by the swans in Birmingham has better not repeat itself or I for one will be very angry and objectionable ( again )

Swansea City v Preston North End
EFL Championship
Monday 5th April 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials
PETER BANKES
James Mainwaring and Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official : Sam Allison

LIVE ON SWANS TV

Swansea City need a win not only boost their confidence as they stutter over the play off line in what has been a torrid and unprofessional time for Steve Cooper and his swans team.

Here’s Peter, he used to work in a bank before he became a referee, he wasn’t a bank teller he was actually a cash point. Being the first human cash point meant a lot to Peter, so much so he Often visits them today to chat, reminisce and gently gaze in to each other’s eyes if he finds one he especially likes. He is a ably assisted by James Mainwaring from Dads Army.

Scott Sinclair
Scott Sinclair joined the Jacks in the summer of 2010 and was an integral part of the that took them to the Premier League for the very first time the following summer, scoring a hat-trick at Wembley as the Swans defeated Reading 4-2 to earn a place at the top table of English football. He spent two years at the Liberty Stadium, before joined Manchester City, scoring 36 goals in 92 appearances — having made his home debut in a game against the Lilywhites, of all people.

Looking to the Bank Holiday clash with Steve Cooper’s side it could be Scott’s first appearance at the ground, since leaving for the Etihad: “I have great memories of my time there,” he recalled. “I was reflecting the other day that it was ten years since the Play-Off Final. “It is a great club, but we will be going there to try and get the three points and hopefully we can come away with the win. “There are a couple of people still there from my time at the club. The squad has changed a lot since I was there, but there are still a couple of old faces and it will be nice to see them.

Swansea City record v PNE
Games won: 26
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 20

The swans have lost only two games from the last seventeen meetings. PNE have beaten Swansea four times away in sixty four meetings. The last time was in 1961, before that 1934. In the last twenty five meetings PNE a have won only five times.

Swansea City Championship form
WDWLLL

Preston North End Championship form:
LDLLLD

Both teams are currently crap.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54693/pne-please-no-excu

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Preston: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van der Berg, Liam Lindsay, Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ben Whiteman, Ryan Ledson (captain), Emil Riis, Ched Evans, Tom Barkhuizen, Brad Potts.

Substitutes: Mathew Hudson, Tom Bayliss, Louis Moult, Paul Gallagher, Jayson Molumby, Paul Huntington, Scott Sinclair, Lewis Coulton, Billy Bodin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54720/swansea-city-fail-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:34 - Apr 5 with 1304 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Apr 4 by johnlangy

Yes, Whittaker on from the start.

We now are in a position where paradoxically the pressure is slightly off us (however sh*t we are ATM).

Is it time for Cooper to go bezerk , have a complete brain storm and drop our front two?
Ayew isn’t offering much right now and Lowe should be benched as he looks knackered and mentally shot.

Cullen and Whittaker up top? Tell them to run the channels and get Smith , Grimes and Fulton to keep feeding them. The rest much the same though I wouldn’t mind resting Freddie and Kyle. Let’s try Hamer and give let poor Ben Cabango in from the icy cold area of Coopers disdain.

We need to drastically reinvent ourselves to get back some confidence before the play offs start.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:38 - Apr 5 with 1296 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 08:15 - Apr 5 by Chief

Well you've praised Sousa on another thread for how our defence was under him and that's definitely one thing that has improved under Cooper since last season.

Cooper deserves criticism for some things, but let's be balanced.

Why do you think our defensive improvement is down to Cooper and not the Defensive Coach?
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:39 - Apr 5 with 1293 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:38 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Why do you think our defensive improvement is down to Cooper and not the Defensive Coach?

Cooper as manager is responsible for assembling his coaching team and allowing them the responsibility to work with the players. Margetson came with Cooper.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:44 - Apr 5 with 1281 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Apr 4 by AndyCole

It seems fans wanting the best for our players and manager are in the minority.

Healthy dose of realism in the No Excuses piece fair play. Notably: ‘ It’s time to stand by Steve Cooper, many swans supporters will disagree, but the reaction to losing three games on the bounce was borderline craziness. ’

All the facts point to us winning and drawing upon one of our biggest strengths this term, bouncebackability. Let’s hope the players put in the hard yards once they cross the whitewash, as they have done for the most part this season.

Two words prove you wrong.
Gary Monk
Swansea got to their highest position ever in the prem under his management and played the direst football seen to that point.
Things were so bad it split the Club and it has never really recovered.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Apr 5 with 1277 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:44 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Two words prove you wrong.
Gary Monk
Swansea got to their highest position ever in the prem under his management and played the direst football seen to that point.
Things were so bad it split the Club and it has never really recovered.

Well that's not really right is it. When we were 8th in the Premier League the club was not 'split'.

When we started struggling the season after that (potentially triggered by some off field shenanigans) was when things started falling apart.

It was down to league position not style of play. That was just added on as extra charge.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:49 - Apr 5 with 1268 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:39 - Apr 5 by Chief

Cooper as manager is responsible for assembling his coaching team and allowing them the responsibility to work with the players. Margetson came with Cooper.

So what, he has a good coach working for him.
That does not make him the good coach and it also has nothing to do with Game and Player Management.
It also has nothing to do with his total inability to change the way he thinks or learn from his mistakes, or maybe he doesn't think.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:51 - Apr 5 with 1270 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:49 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

So what, he has a good coach working for him.
That does not make him the good coach and it also has nothing to do with Game and Player Management.
It also has nothing to do with his total inability to change the way he thinks or learn from his mistakes, or maybe he doesn't think.

I didn't say it did.

The point was solely about our defence, not other parts of management.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 10:53 - Apr 5 with 1257 viewsonehunglow

I find that first line of AC post profoundly moving in all the wrong ways.

I find it sickening that decent fans ,like AC ,are being conned by the chap called our coach.

He has been found out by us and the media will eventually catch on.Easy on the eye we aint,Hendrie-you utter jerk.most are utterly disillusioned ,upset,angry,annoyed,miffed,deflated and many households will recoil every time our m

We don't know who or what are the minority or majority but I reckon the manager ,his silent assistant and a forlorn looking Tatey taking their places in the technical area ,doesn't give joy to the Jack world.

The time is now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:13 - Apr 5 with 1164 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:22 - Apr 5 by Chief

I've no doubt that in keeping with the modern trend for spoilt entitled fans demanding instant success while playing flawless free flowing football that the atmosphere would be toxic.

Glad there are no fans there at the moment, it would be embarrassing with us at 4th in the table.

Instant success! Are you working geological time? Cooper has been in charge for 21 months and has had 4 transfer periods.
Today has to be a win and performance; if not Winter has to show him the door.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:37 - Apr 5 with 1147 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:13 - Apr 5 by Badlands

Instant success! Are you working geological time? Cooper has been in charge for 21 months and has had 4 transfer periods.
Today has to be a win and performance; if not Winter has to show him the door.

Transfer periods during which times he's spent a fraction of what we've sold and have done very well out of loans he's brought to the club.

In that 18 months we've had a play off finish and now are currently 4th. That for our constraints does constitute success.

So you'll have the knives out for Winter if Cooper isn't sacked if we lose today then will you????

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:40 - Apr 5 with 1133 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:37 - Apr 5 by Chief

Transfer periods during which times he's spent a fraction of what we've sold and have done very well out of loans he's brought to the club.

In that 18 months we've had a play off finish and now are currently 4th. That for our constraints does constitute success.

So you'll have the knives out for Winter if Cooper isn't sacked if we lose today then will you????

Currently
I got bolloked when we were second.

What if we were 6th

What if we were 7th.

It matters not.

Just deal with the now

Playoffs mean nothing unless you go up in them

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:45 - Apr 5 with 1135 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:37 - Apr 5 by Chief

Spending a fraction of what's been sold is how Championship clubs operate. Norwich and Watford both sold ~£40m of players this season, the former spent £10m, the latter £0m. Brentford £50m sold vs £7m spent.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Apr 5 with 1098 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:45 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

Spending a fraction of what's been sold is how Championship clubs operate. Norwich and Watford both sold ~£40m of players this season, the former spent £10m, the latter £0m. Brentford £50m sold vs £7m spent.

Indeed and we are up there in the league with those types of sides despite having an undoubtedly weaker squad than them.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 14:01 - Apr 5 with 1088 viewsKeithHaynes

Going for it.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Preston: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van der Berg, Liam Lindsay, Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ben Whiteman, Ryan Ledson (captain), Emil Riis, Ched Evans, Tom Barkhuizen, Brad Potts.

Substitutes: Mathew Hudson, Tom Bayliss, Louis Moult, Paul Gallagher, Jayson Molumby, Paul Huntington, Scott Sinclair, Lewis Coulton, Billy Bodin.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 14:01 - Apr 5 with 1088 viewsThornburyswan

Looks like a 4-2-3-1 to me, interesting.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 14:02 - Apr 5 with 1083 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 14:01 - Apr 5 by Thornburyswan

That’s our best side for me.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:04 - Apr 5 with 1074 views34dfgdf54

433 ain’t it?

The exact side I said I would pick.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 14:08 - Apr 5 with 1051 viewsgordondg

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 14:01 - Apr 5 by Thornburyswan

433,I'd have had our most experienced back four,Naughton Cabango Bennett Guehi.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:09 - Apr 5 with 1045 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:20 - Apr 5 with 991 viewsonehunglow

Far better selection. Now be brave and go for it and prove us doubters wrong

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:30 - Apr 5 with 953 viewsraynor94

3-0

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:36 - Apr 5 with 923 viewsJohnw102

Would have gone for Yan rather than CH.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 889 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:36 - Apr 5 by Johnw102

Would have gone for Yan rather than CH.

Watford only drew. Getting the hibbee jeebies perhaps. It happens every year to someone. Swanea can still get to second but need to pull their finger out. tody and for the next few weeks. Swansea have much easier fixtures.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:49 - Apr 5 with 869 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:44 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Watford only drew. Getting the hibbee jeebies perhaps. It happens every year to someone. Swanea can still get to second but need to pull their finger out. tody and for the next few weeks. Swansea have much easier fixtures.

Too late imo, btw that team would have smashed brum on friday.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 14:52 - Apr 5 with 863 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Think Cooper must read this site. Pretty much exactly the team I would've picked- let's see if it works.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024