Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 10:19 - Apr 4 with 18990 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another side with a new manager after another new manager embarrassed Steve Cooper who used to be a new manager before he became a slightly older one. That pathetic, gutless, outrageously poor and ridiculous performance by the swans in Birmingham has better not repeat itself or I for one will be very angry and objectionable ( again )

Swansea City v Preston North End
EFL Championship
Monday 5th April 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials
PETER BANKES
James Mainwaring and Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official : Sam Allison

LIVE ON SWANS TV

Swansea City need a win not only boost their confidence as they stutter over the play off line in what has been a torrid and unprofessional time for Steve Cooper and his swans team.

Here’s Peter, he used to work in a bank before he became a referee, he wasn’t a bank teller he was actually a cash point. Being the first human cash point meant a lot to Peter, so much so he Often visits them today to chat, reminisce and gently gaze in to each other’s eyes if he finds one he especially likes. He is a ably assisted by James Mainwaring from Dads Army.

Scott Sinclair
Scott Sinclair joined the Jacks in the summer of 2010 and was an integral part of the that took them to the Premier League for the very first time the following summer, scoring a hat-trick at Wembley as the Swans defeated Reading 4-2 to earn a place at the top table of English football. He spent two years at the Liberty Stadium, before joined Manchester City, scoring 36 goals in 92 appearances — having made his home debut in a game against the Lilywhites, of all people.

Looking to the Bank Holiday clash with Steve Cooper’s side it could be Scott’s first appearance at the ground, since leaving for the Etihad: “I have great memories of my time there,” he recalled. “I was reflecting the other day that it was ten years since the Play-Off Final. “It is a great club, but we will be going there to try and get the three points and hopefully we can come away with the win. “There are a couple of people still there from my time at the club. The squad has changed a lot since I was there, but there are still a couple of old faces and it will be nice to see them.

Swansea City record v PNE
Games won: 26
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 20

The swans have lost only two games from the last seventeen meetings. PNE have beaten Swansea four times away in sixty four meetings. The last time was in 1961, before that 1934. In the last twenty five meetings PNE a have won only five times.

Swansea City Championship form
WDWLLL

Preston North End Championship form:
LDLLLD

Both teams are currently crap.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54693/pne-please-no-excu

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Preston: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van der Berg, Liam Lindsay, Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ben Whiteman, Ryan Ledson (captain), Emil Riis, Ched Evans, Tom Barkhuizen, Brad Potts.

Substitutes: Mathew Hudson, Tom Bayliss, Louis Moult, Paul Gallagher, Jayson Molumby, Paul Huntington, Scott Sinclair, Lewis Coulton, Billy Bodin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54720/swansea-city-fail-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:44 - Apr 5 with 1046 viewstheloneranger

Our bench looks as though we're playing for a point!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 1030 viewsDr_Parnassus

So we have the change of formation, we have the rotation, we have the players starting that people have been calling for.

Everyone happy with how it’s going out of interest?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 996 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:45 - Apr 5 by Dr_Parnassus

So we have the change of formation, we have the rotation, we have the players starting that people have been calling for.

Everyone happy with how it’s going out of interest?

No, so that only leaves Training & Confidence.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:49 - Apr 5 with 970 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:39 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Late challenge no attempt at the ball, must be a Yellow.
Nope.

Just given Guehi a yellow for his first foul after they screamed at the ref.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:50 - Apr 5 with 957 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:49 - Apr 5 by max936

Arguably should have been red
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:50 - Apr 5 with 933 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:47 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

The training is no good? That’s a new one at least.

I was wondering what was going to be blamed.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 933 viewsYossarian

How many shots on goal in the first half?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 921 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:49 - Apr 5 by max936

Yes but some refs may have given red, last man on the edge of the area. It was a poor challenge.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 921 viewsJack11

Reading just gone one nil up...........
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 921 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:50 - Apr 5 by 34dfgdf54

Do, what?
Was it a crunching late tackle?
No.
Was it an elbow to the head?
No.
Was it the last man?
No.
You live in a different fan's world to me.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsonehunglow

Sorry but what did Leon say about Cooper bringing them in ;thought it was to chivy them up.The least most likely man to chivy anyone

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:50 - Apr 5 by 34dfgdf54

How, last man ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsThornburyswan

Lucky to be level at the break for me & with Bournemouth, Barnsley & Reading all winning 7th/8th spot is looking on.

Either a rocket at HT - can’t see Cooper getting the hair dryer out - so how long before Dhanda & Oli Cooper get a go!
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 905 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:51 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Do, what?
Was it a crunching late tackle?
No.
Was it an elbow to the head?
No.
Was it the last man?
No.
You live in a different fan's world to me.

You don’t know the rules it seems.

Third question, arguably yes.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 902 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Barring a very brief spell at the beginning of the half that was poor (again). My favourite bit was when the SwansTV feed went black for a couple of minutes, to be honest.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 902 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:47 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Or just lack of talent.

Well that was 45 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back. Somebody wake me if some football breaks out.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 894 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:51 - Apr 5 by Jack11

Reading just gone one nil up...........

Probably a good thing. I want Bournemouth out of the play-offs.

Reading don’t really concern me anywhere near as much.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:55 - Apr 5 with 873 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 by jackrabbit

Or just lack of talent.

Well that was 45 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back. Somebody wake me if some football breaks out.

What, the same talent that was playing good football?
Something has changed and it not lack of talent.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:57 - Apr 5 with 854 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:55 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

What, the same talent that was playing good football?
Something has changed and it not lack of talent.

It has been coached out of them.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 841 viewsJack11

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Probably a good thing. I want Bournemouth out of the play-offs.

Reading don’t really concern me anywhere near as much.

You could be right Doc but ideally the 6 spots would be a formality now. Another team who could pip us is not ideal.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 835 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 by jackrabbit

Or just lack of talent.

Is the right answer.

We look like a team that has had about 2.5m spent on it in the last 2 years. Can’t wait for the meltdowns next year when Ayew and the other big earners need to be shipped out.

Carnage on the horizon on here, mark my words.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:59 - Apr 5 with 829 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:53 - Apr 5 by 34dfgdf54

You don’t know the rules it seems.

Third question, arguably yes.

Oh sorry, I didn't know you were such an aficionado.
I bow to your such superior knowledge.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 16:00 - Apr 5 with 815 viewsCatullus

Or just lack of talent.

Not a lack of talent, they passed it just fine earlier in the season. I think because Coopr kept doing the same thing time after time when it wasn't working and it drained their confidence. They're scared to try, even a simple forward pass is hard work.

It doesn't help when they're going through the back of you and the ref does very little.

Whittaker looks OK but he shouldn't be gutting pulled wide, he should be in the middle, poaching. Lowe still looks lost though, he shouldn't be on the pitch, he desperately needs a break because his head isn't in it.

It's poor generally but they need a chance to get used to this new formation. Cooper should have done this weeks back.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 16:00 - Apr 5 with 806 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 15:59 - Apr 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Oh sorry, I didn't know you were such an aficionado.
I bow to your such superior knowledge.

“I live in a different world”

Just watch the match, it could have easilly been a red card.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS ! on 16:01 - Apr 5 with 798 viewsbuilthjack

I would drop Ayew and Lowe and put 2 kids in. They have been worse than useless for months. Strolling around, dont challenge, not interested.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024