Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Super League 16:39 - Apr 18 with 10851 views442Dale

https://news.sky.com/story/european-super-league-plans-set-to-be-announced-six-e

Things are about to get messy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

European Super League on 23:03 - Apr 20 with 1547 viewsShun

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56823501

It sounds like all six clubs are withdrawing. Good, but what I don’t want to see now is these six clubs being lauded. I had to laugh at a Chelsea fan on the news saying they’re the saviours of English football. No. If I do something stupid and selfish, and then stop doing something stupid and selfish 24 hours later, I shouldn’t be praised for it.
European Super League on 00:02 - Apr 21 with 1461 viewsBigDaveMyCock

European Super League on 23:03 - Apr 20 by Shun

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56823501

It sounds like all six clubs are withdrawing. Good, but what I don’t want to see now is these six clubs being lauded. I had to laugh at a Chelsea fan on the news saying they’re the saviours of English football. No. If I do something stupid and selfish, and then stop doing something stupid and selfish 24 hours later, I shouldn’t be praised for it.

Agreed. On a positive note they’ve probably weakened their position re the Premier League and UEFA. The threat of walking away has now been exposed as unviable. They may have to tow the line a little more, at least for a while.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

European Super League on 07:57 - Apr 21 with 1318 viewsjudd

This has to be the quickest and most humiliating fan-forced backdown since the calamitous Gala Dinner debacle.

I wonder where this now leaves the club thinking on "investors" and the shares EGM that were being discussed at yesterday's board meeting?

Poll: What is it to be then?

European Super League on 09:32 - Apr 21 with 1241 viewsD_Alien

European Super League on 07:57 - Apr 21 by judd

This has to be the quickest and most humiliating fan-forced backdown since the calamitous Gala Dinner debacle.

I wonder where this now leaves the club thinking on "investors" and the shares EGM that were being discussed at yesterday's board meeting?

There's always room on any EFL advisory panel for someone who's fully committed to greater fan ownership of clubs

Oh, the irony...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

European Super League on 12:52 - Apr 21 with 1115 viewsjudd

Interesting reading

https://cfbfootball.com/2021/02/07/kieran-maguire-manchester-uniteds-finances/

Poll: What is it to be then?

European Super League on 04:31 - Apr 22 with 966 viewsDiddyDave

Yes Judd, the rats have crawled back into their holes, but this is just the first real attempt to get summat like this on its evil money grabbing way. Anything that`s got American backing will be one massive money maker for them, American business, the football is just the means to an end. But of course with three of the English clubs involved owned in America, it doesn`t surprise that they`re all for it. The rules surrounding football club ownership in UK must be tightened like it is in Germany or we`ll have no game at all. Smaller clubs will wither and die, it`s already happening now, and it`ll end up with twelve mega teams or so and nowt else.
European Super League on 05:37 - Apr 22 with 958 viewsNigeriamark

I heard someone liken it to a great plan for a lads weekend in Newcastle before they told their wives about it
European Super League on 09:33 - Apr 22 with 856 viewsAtThePeake

The reformed Champions League, which includes an extra four teams (two awarded on 'co-efficient' ranking to ensure a club like Florentino Perez's Real Madrid for example never misses out) and an extra 100 games a season has kind of snuck under the radar in the middle of all this hasn't it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league-reforms-super-leag

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

European Super League on 09:43 - Apr 22 with 855 viewsDaleiLama

European Super League on 04:31 - Apr 22 by DiddyDave

Yes Judd, the rats have crawled back into their holes, but this is just the first real attempt to get summat like this on its evil money grabbing way. Anything that`s got American backing will be one massive money maker for them, American business, the football is just the means to an end. But of course with three of the English clubs involved owned in America, it doesn`t surprise that they`re all for it. The rules surrounding football club ownership in UK must be tightened like it is in Germany or we`ll have no game at all. Smaller clubs will wither and die, it`s already happening now, and it`ll end up with twelve mega teams or so and nowt else.

"this is just the first real attempt to get summat like this on its evil money grabbing way"

The BBC radio Bolton attempt pre-dates even this, but the galling thing is licence payers are paying for it, not American $

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024