Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 02:51 - May 2 with 11917 viewsDr_Parnassus

Firstly congratulations to Steve Cooper, the players and everyone at the club for not only reaching the playoffs for the second consecutive year, but amassing a points tally equal to our record best in this division, held previously by our incredible Brendan Rodgers side the year we went up.

We do have a chance to topple that record with any kind of positive result against Watford next week.

Not only is the points tally being exactly the same pretty remarkable, but also the fact we were going in with the best defensive record and yet the worst (joint) scoring record. Whether or not you like the style, like the manager - the blueprint has been very similar with regards to that.

But now the playoffs have been decided and we can look ahead...

The worst possible result for us sadly. They are one of those teams we don’t seem to do well against and think it’s fair to say that on paper have the strongest squad in the playoffs. Our last 6 meetings:-

Bournemouth 3-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 1-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 2-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-3 Bournemouth

0 goals scored. 9 goals conceded.

As many may have gathered by now I approach football the same way as I do with most aspects of life, methodical with a focus on statistics, trends and probabilities.

That premise suggests that you want to avoid the best team over the longest period of time. If you must meet that team then you have a greater chance to beat that team over a shorter period of time.

For example if Man City played Sheff United over a 90 minute match, they would probably be in the region of 1/10 to win, if the rules of the game made that a 180 minute match the odds would probably be 1/20, because the longer the time you have the more chance that the class difference will tell.

So ideally we would have wanted them in the final where aspects such as luck can play a part and not have chance to even itself out over the longer course of 2 legs.

So it’s going to be tough. But not impossible. We had a similar route in the Carling Cup where we were faced with playing Chelsea over 2 legs which set up an easier final. So it’s not out of the question.

Bournemouth rested a host of players against Wycombe yesterday and will probably do so again next week. We didn’t rest as many as I thought we would so would like to see that happen next week, which really is a dead rubber. It would be pretty galling to pick up an injury or red card.

All that is left to play for is home advantage in the second leg.

What will be will be. But whatever happens from here on in, this has been yet another successful season.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 3:06]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:42 - May 8 with 723 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:39 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

The “gotcha” posts were particularly unfortunate.

... and accurate.

I believe it was that exact time you realised you weren’t arguing against me, but mathematical fact.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:19 - May 8 with 675 viewsmagicdaps10

Well this post ended with major egg on the face for the poster.

One thing is never assume as it tends to make an arse of you 😜

Onto B A R N S L E Y
😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:24 - May 8 with 668 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:04 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

“What” is Bournemouth?

You have made your own conclusion.

“So It’s Bournemouth” was in relation to the article, which they were concentrated on due to the 79.1% likelihood we would be playing them.

I went on to clarify the position when questioned and said:-

“ It’s not definite, just probability wise. There is a scenario we can face Barnsley but it’s the most unlikely outcome out of all possible ones left.”

And

“ Not at all out of the question that we face Barnsley, just statistically the least likely. ”

Calm down now child.

What?!?!?!!

I am absolutely cringing for the poor duck.

Bless.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:26 - May 8 with 665 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:32 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Rage? Frustrated? Don’t be so daft.

Maths is in my corner and will always prove me correct. I have no need to feel either, science shows I’m spot on.

The article absolutely was Bournemouth, what’s the point in making it about a team we had a slim chance of playing?

Don’t let this frustration get the better of you like your mate. You will be sending me embarrassingly deranged PM’s next.

He hasn't got a single Mathematics qualification to his name mind. He learnt it all in the bookies, which he got in through the back door because he used to cheat bet on amateur tennis.

It really is a shame to see him end up like this.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:31 - May 8 with 657 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:24 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

What?!?!?!!

I am absolutely cringing for the poor duck.

Bless.

Which bit do you disagree with?

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:32 - May 8 with 656 viewsmagicdaps10

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:32 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Rage? Frustrated? Don’t be so daft.

Maths is in my corner and will always prove me correct. I have no need to feel either, science shows I’m spot on.

The article absolutely was Bournemouth, what’s the point in making it about a team we had a slim chance of playing?

Don’t let this frustration get the better of you like your mate. You will be sending me embarrassingly deranged PM’s next.

😂😂😂😂😂

So what's the point in making it about a team we had a slim chance of playing? 😂😂

Yeah let's make it all about a team that we don't actually end up playing in the two legs 😂

Brilliant 😅

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:33 - May 8 with 654 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:26 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

He hasn't got a single Mathematics qualification to his name mind. He learnt it all in the bookies, which he got in through the back door because he used to cheat bet on amateur tennis.

It really is a shame to see him end up like this.

I love how little you know about me... but actually think you do.

Cute.

Wrong, but cute.

Again. Which part do you disagree with, back door bookie will help you where I can. I like to provide the service to the less gifted amongst us.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:35 - May 8 with 649 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:33 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Cute.

Wrong, but cute.

Again. Which part do you disagree with, back door bookie will help you where I can. I like to provide the service to the less gifted amongst us.

Can you explain this statement?

"All that is left to play for is home advantage in the second leg"
Login to get fewer ads

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:37 - May 8 with 645 viewsonehunglow

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:33 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Cute.

Wrong, but cute.

Not the back door man.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:37 - May 8 with 646 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:32 - May 8 by magicdaps10

😂😂😂😂😂

So what's the point in making it about a team we had a slim chance of playing? 😂😂

Yeah let's make it all about a team that we don't actually end up playing in the two legs 😂

Brilliant 😅

Eh?

It’s self explanatory isn’t it? You put most effort into the most likely outcome.

Don’t tell me you are one of these people that play the lottery then plan in detail how you will spend it.... despite the odds being utterly astronomical that it will ever come to fruition.

We had 79.1% chance of playing Bournemouth over the two legs, so when looking ahead to any potential match-up... it will be that one.

Basic stuff here chaps.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:37 - May 8 with 645 views9MilesHigh

Oh, and this one...

"But now the playoffs have been decided and we can look ahead...

The worst possible result for us sadly. They are one of those teams we don’t seem to do well against and think it’s fair to say that on paper have the strongest squad in the playoffs"

------------------------------------------

What exactly was decided?

And I can't wait for clown-talk out of this one
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:40 - May 8 with 635 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:37 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

Oh, and this one...

The worst possible result for us sadly. They are one of those teams we don’t seem to do well against and think it’s fair to say that on paper have the strongest squad in the playoffs"

Maths, and Dr P are never wrong.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:41 - May 8 with 633 views9MilesHigh

I hope you are alright though Adam mate, maybe we shouldn't joke. I guess you know it's 4.40am where you are, eh?

Seriously pal, are you ok?
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:43 - May 8 with 627 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:35 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

Can you explain this statement?

"All that is left to play for is home advantage in the second leg"

Of course Christopher.

We sat in 4th. Unable to get to 3rd, and pretty much unable to get to 6th (barring an 11 or 12 goal swing).

Meaning all we had to play for against Watford was to get 4th or 5th place which determines home or away advantage in the second leg.

We had no say in the Bournemouth or Barnsley games and were not playing for anything on that front. That was between them as to who played us. It was overwhelmingly likely it would be Bournemouth, Barnsley had other ideas as I explained on page 2 with the following:-

“ It’s not definite, just probability wise. There is a scenario we can face Barnsley but it’s the most unlikely outcome out of all possible ones left”

And

“ Not at all out of the question that we face Barnsley, just statistically the least likely. ”

Happy to help.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:45 - May 8 with 625 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:37 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

Oh, and this one...

The playoffs had been decided.

The 4 teams who were in them had already been determined.

As it stood it was the worst possibly scenario. 4th, 1 game to play and essentially an 80% chance of playing the best squad in the playoffs.

This really isn’t difficult.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:46 - May 8 with 623 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:40 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Maths, and Dr P are never wrong.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Never.

I mean that.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:48 - May 8 with 620 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:41 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

I hope you are alright though Adam mate, maybe we shouldn't joke. I guess you know it's 4.40am where you are, eh?

Seriously pal, are you ok?

Joke? Don’t be silly, you are fuming.

We don’t see you for ages then the second you think you can get one over on me you are on here in record time... except you quickly realise you can’t get one over on me because what I stated was a fact.

Damn, eh?

Next time you reckon?

(Oh and it was 3:40, that’s another thing you think you know but don’t, come on now. When I said put the work in I meant it. You get no free rides with me).
[Post edited 8 May 2021 18:49]

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:49 - May 8 with 618 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:45 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

The playoffs had been decided.

The 4 teams who were in them had already been determined.

As it stood it was the worst possibly scenario. 4th, 1 game to play and essentially an 80% chance of playing the best squad in the playoffs.

This really isn’t difficult.

"The play offs have been decided. The worst possible result for us"

Incorrect. Untrue. Algorithm meltdown.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:51 - May 8 with 616 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:48 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Joke? Don’t be silly, you are fuming.

We don’t see you for ages then the second you think you can get one over on me you are on here in record time... except you quickly realise you can’t get one over on me because what I stated was a fact.

Damn, eh?

Next time you reckon?

(Oh and it was 3:40, that’s another thing you think you know but don’t, come on now. When I said put the work in I meant it. You get no free rides with me).
[Post edited 8 May 2021 18:49]

I used to spend all day every day on here but there comes a point in life when you have to have a serious word with yourself.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:52 - May 8 with 616 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:49 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

"The play offs have been decided. The worst possible result for us"

Incorrect. Untrue. Algorithm meltdown.

They had been decided.

All 4 teams in them had been confirmed. All we had left to play for going into Watford was for home advantage.

It was the worst possible result as we had by far the greatest chance of playing the team we wanted to avoid over the longest period, 2 legs.

This has been explained several times in great detail and even clarified at the time. I understand you are desperate with this one but as usual, you won’t be getting an inch.

Fun innit.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:53 - May 8 with 614 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:51 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

I used to spend all day every day on here but there comes a point in life when you have to have a serious word with yourself.

Who are you kidding.

You exist on here because of me. Deny it all you like but we both know this is true, and that’s all that matters.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:53 - May 8 with 612 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:52 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

They had been decided.

All 4 teams in them had been confirmed. All we had left to play for going into Watford was for home advantage.

It was the worst possible result as we had by far the greatest chance of playing the team we wanted to avoid over the longest period, 2 legs.

This has been explained several times in great detail and even clarified at the time. I understand you are desperate with this one but as usual, you won’t be getting an inch.

Fun innit.

So you wrote a huge post for nothing then?
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:56 - May 8 with 607 views9MilesHigh

I've been worrying about these results since May 2nd and now we may never play them.

What a complete waste of time that was.

Try not to laugh everyone.

It's 5 o clock in the morning and he needs the last word!!

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:56 - May 8 with 606 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:53 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

So you wrote a huge post for nothing then?

For nothing? Not at all.

It was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth and Barnsley going into the last day of the season, which concentrated on the team we were to most likely play.

Writing things for nothing would be like moaning about Cooper playing players out of position to only then forget you said that and state that there is no such thing as being out of position because if a manager chooses you there you “become that position”.

That’s writing stuff for nothing. Wasting time and all that.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:57 - May 8 with 604 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:53 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Who are you kidding.

You exist on here because of me. Deny it all you like but we both know this is true, and that’s all that matters.

It's one of those ones innit.

Just make sure you don't end up like Adam Dimi!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024