Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 02:51 - May 2 with 11913 viewsDr_Parnassus

Firstly congratulations to Steve Cooper, the players and everyone at the club for not only reaching the playoffs for the second consecutive year, but amassing a points tally equal to our record best in this division, held previously by our incredible Brendan Rodgers side the year we went up.

We do have a chance to topple that record with any kind of positive result against Watford next week.

Not only is the points tally being exactly the same pretty remarkable, but also the fact we were going in with the best defensive record and yet the worst (joint) scoring record. Whether or not you like the style, like the manager - the blueprint has been very similar with regards to that.

But now the playoffs have been decided and we can look ahead...

The worst possible result for us sadly. They are one of those teams we don’t seem to do well against and think it’s fair to say that on paper have the strongest squad in the playoffs. Our last 6 meetings:-

Bournemouth 3-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 1-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 2-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-3 Bournemouth

0 goals scored. 9 goals conceded.

As many may have gathered by now I approach football the same way as I do with most aspects of life, methodical with a focus on statistics, trends and probabilities.

That premise suggests that you want to avoid the best team over the longest period of time. If you must meet that team then you have a greater chance to beat that team over a shorter period of time.

For example if Man City played Sheff United over a 90 minute match, they would probably be in the region of 1/10 to win, if the rules of the game made that a 180 minute match the odds would probably be 1/20, because the longer the time you have the more chance that the class difference will tell.

So ideally we would have wanted them in the final where aspects such as luck can play a part and not have chance to even itself out over the longer course of 2 legs.

So it’s going to be tough. But not impossible. We had a similar route in the Carling Cup where we were faced with playing Chelsea over 2 legs which set up an easier final. So it’s not out of the question.

Bournemouth rested a host of players against Wycombe yesterday and will probably do so again next week. We didn’t rest as many as I thought we would so would like to see that happen next week, which really is a dead rubber. It would be pretty galling to pick up an injury or red card.

All that is left to play for is home advantage in the second leg.

What will be will be. But whatever happens from here on in, this has been yet another successful season.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 3:06]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:58 - May 8 with 780 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:56 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

I've been worrying about these results since May 2nd and now we may never play them.

What a complete waste of time that was.

Try not to laugh everyone.

It's 5 o clock in the morning and he needs the last word!!

You have been worrying about a lot of things it seems.

I’m yet to come across a more frantic and unstable online persona. But again I’m sure you are well aware of that aren’t you.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:58 - May 8 with 780 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:56 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

For nothing? Not at all.

It was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth and Barnsley going into the last day of the season, which concentrated on the team we were to most likely play.

Writing things for nothing would be like moaning about Cooper playing players out of position to only then forget you said that and state that there is no such thing as being out of position because if a manager chooses you there you “become that position”.

That’s writing stuff for nothing. Wasting time and all that.

But you didn't preview Barnsley at all??

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:00 - May 8 with 766 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:58 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

But you didn't preview Barnsley at all??

Where did I claim to?

I said a review of our chances of playing Barnsley or Bournemouth. Then previewed the factually most likely.

Using multiple feeling masking smileys won’t mask the fact you have no point, as usual.

This really isn’t difficult to grasp.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:01 - May 8 with 763 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:58 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

You have been worrying about a lot of things it seems.

I’m yet to come across a more frantic and unstable online persona. But again I’m sure you are well aware of that aren’t you.

This is beautiful....

"I’m yet to come across a more frantic and unstable online persona"

Owned.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:01 - May 8 with 757 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:00 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Where did I claim to?

I said a review of our chances of playing Barnsley or Bournemouth. Then previewed the factually most likely.

Using multiple feeling masking smileys won’t mask the fact you have no point, as usual.

This really isn’t difficult to grasp.

Errr here....

"It was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth and Barnsley"

hehe
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:02 - May 8 with 756 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:01 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

This is beautiful....

"I’m yet to come across a more frantic and unstable online persona"

Owned.

Indeed, what you just wrote is exactly, word for word, is what went through my mind as I typed it.

Uncanny.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:03 - May 8 with 751 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:02 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, what you just wrote is exactly, word for word, is what went through my mind as I typed it.

Uncanny.

So you did claim it then?
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:03 - May 8 with 747 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:01 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

Errr here....

"It was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth and Barnsley"

hehe

Eh?

Read what you just quoted. A preview “of the chances” of playing them.

79.1% chance of playing Bournemouth. Have a wild guess what the chances are of playing Barnsley?

Go on.

Login to get fewer ads

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:04 - May 8 with 745 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:03 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

So you did claim it then?

I did claim what?

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:09 - May 8 with 728 views9MilesHigh

"Bournemouth have a 55.4% chance to win, 26.3% chance to draw and 18.3% chance to lose.

Barnsley have a 35.7% chance to win, 26.4% chance to draw and 37.7% chance to lose.

So in order for Barnsley to even have a chance to overtake them, that chance will only present itself 44.6% of the time. Once it presents itself they will only take advantage 62.1% of the time (in terms of picking up points), but there is still the chance they both draw and still don’t overtake them (6.9% chance).

So when you convert those % odds, multiply them and convert that to implied probability, it states that the chances of us playing Bournemouth is 79.1%."

----------------------------------

What a load of gunk.

Plucking figures from thin air or betting exchanges haha

Putting into simpler terms..... if Bournemouth lose and Barnsley don't, we play Barnsley.

79.1% of that happening my c0ck with Norwich on the beach and Bournemouth afraid of injuries. Also, Barnsley with the incentive to want to play us.

Laughable.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:12 - May 8 with 723 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:56 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

For nothing? Not at all.

It was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth and Barnsley going into the last day of the season, which concentrated on the team we were to most likely play.

Writing things for nothing would be like moaning about Cooper playing players out of position to only then forget you said that and state that there is no such thing as being out of position because if a manager chooses you there you “become that position”.

That’s writing stuff for nothing. Wasting time and all that.

Here love... you said it was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth AND Barnsley.

We all read the pointless Bournemouth preview, past game stats and all.....

but where was the Barnsley preview? Surprised you didn't mention their previous play off win against us?
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:13 - May 8 with 721 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:03 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Eh?

Read what you just quoted. A preview “of the chances” of playing them.

79.1% chance of playing Bournemouth. Have a wild guess what the chances are of playing Barnsley?

Go on.

100%

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-play-fix
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:13 - May 8 with 719 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:09 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

"Bournemouth have a 55.4% chance to win, 26.3% chance to draw and 18.3% chance to lose.

Barnsley have a 35.7% chance to win, 26.4% chance to draw and 37.7% chance to lose.

So in order for Barnsley to even have a chance to overtake them, that chance will only present itself 44.6% of the time. Once it presents itself they will only take advantage 62.1% of the time (in terms of picking up points), but there is still the chance they both draw and still don’t overtake them (6.9% chance).

So when you convert those % odds, multiply them and convert that to implied probability, it states that the chances of us playing Bournemouth is 79.1%."

----------------------------------

What a load of gunk.

Plucking figures from thin air or betting exchanges haha

Putting into simpler terms..... if Bournemouth lose and Barnsley don't, we play Barnsley.

79.1% of that happening my c0ck with Norwich on the beach and Bournemouth afraid of injuries. Also, Barnsley with the incentive to want to play us.

Laughable.

The penny finally dropped... drop that angle and change tactics to something even more ridiculous. Modus Operandi fulfilled.

Nothing is plucked out of thin air, except your ever shifting standpoints depending on what you have decided your opinion will be on whatever given day, usually dictated by whoever holds the opposite.

Every scenario you could think of has already been thought of and calculated in order to reach the price it is. I find it amazing, but not altogether unsurprising that a middle aged upstart from the valleys reckons he’s cracked it and knows more than the industry.

You are funny.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:15 - May 8 with 715 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:13 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

100%

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-play-fix

Absolutely. Excellent turn of events wasn’t it.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:18 - May 8 with 711 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:12 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

Here love... you said it was a preview of the chances of playing Bournemouth AND Barnsley.

We all read the pointless Bournemouth preview, past game stats and all.....

but where was the Barnsley preview? Surprised you didn't mention their previous play off win against us?

Yep.

The chances of playing Barnsley was 20.9%. It was a choice of the two.

That’s like you asking me if I prefer football or cricket and me saying “football” and you saying “prefer football to what?”.

I analysed the chances of playing both, explained them complete with calculation. I went with the preview of the factually most likely play-off scenario.

Why are we having the same conversations, surely this wasn’t all you had? Pretty disappointing isn’t it.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:18 - May 8 with 709 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:13 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

The penny finally dropped... drop that angle and change tactics to something even more ridiculous. Modus Operandi fulfilled.

Nothing is plucked out of thin air, except your ever shifting standpoints depending on what you have decided your opinion will be on whatever given day, usually dictated by whoever holds the opposite.

Every scenario you could think of has already been thought of and calculated in order to reach the price it is. I find it amazing, but not altogether unsurprising that a middle aged upstart from the valleys reckons he’s cracked it and knows more than the industry.

You are funny.

You are not the industry, just a silly little boy with a god complex.

Your maths are amateur, same as everything else about you.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:19 - May 8 with 705 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:18 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

You are not the industry, just a silly little boy with a god complex.

Your maths are amateur, same as everything else about you.

I am the industry.

You are going to have to live with that, as hard as it may be.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:20 - May 8 with 703 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:18 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep.

The chances of playing Barnsley was 20.9%. It was a choice of the two.

That’s like you asking me if I prefer football or cricket and me saying “football” and you saying “prefer football to what?”.

I analysed the chances of playing both, explained them complete with calculation. I went with the preview of the factually most likely play-off scenario.

Why are we having the same conversations, surely this wasn’t all you had? Pretty disappointing isn’t it.

Backed the wrong horse then Adam boy, I notice a trend...
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:21 - May 8 with 698 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 18:48 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Joke? Don’t be silly, you are fuming.

We don’t see you for ages then the second you think you can get one over on me you are on here in record time... except you quickly realise you can’t get one over on me because what I stated was a fact.

Damn, eh?

Next time you reckon?

(Oh and it was 3:40, that’s another thing you think you know but don’t, come on now. When I said put the work in I meant it. You get no free rides with me).
[Post edited 8 May 2021 18:49]

There’s one person on this board “fuming” and that person is the one thrashing away at his keyboard/phone in the middle of the night.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:21 - May 8 with 697 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:20 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

You keep saying that Chris boy, but it never makes sense and you use it in the wrong context.

I am, as always, utterly spot on with what I have said, am saying... and will say.

Whether you like that is an utter irrelevance.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:22 - May 8 with 692 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:19 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I am the industry.

You are going to have to live with that, as hard as it may be.

You are too afraid of who you are let alone "the industry"
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:22 - May 8 with 686 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:21 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

There’s one person on this board “fuming” and that person is the one thrashing away at his keyboard/phone in the middle of the night.

Yes, I am so mad that people think mathematical principles are wrong.

I am about as mad as when I hear someone say the earth is flat.

It’s highly amusing.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:23 - May 8 with 684 views9MilesHigh

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:21 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Twenty past five!!!!

In the AM!!!

Off his tits!!
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:23 - May 8 with 683 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:22 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

You are too afraid of who you are let alone "the industry"

someone’s getting cranky.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:23 - May 8 with 679 viewstrampie

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 19:20 - May 8 by 9MilesHigh

He is always backing the wrong horse, knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024