Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordy signs - 3 year deal 16:00 - May 13 with 7334 viewsSouthBrentR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-sign-jordy-de-wijs-on-three-year-deal-1

Top lad.
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 09:09 - May 14 with 1198 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 23:02 - May 13 by Hunterhoop

My type of centre half. I’d go as far as to say that in the 9 games he’s played, he’s been the best of the 3. And he’s he type of centre half you have to have in this league.

Personally I’m not worried about his injury record. 9 in 23 is misleading. He arrived injured, picked up from his time at Hull. Once we got him on the field he was pretty regular. The broken nose was both a thing that can happen (and a naughty challenge, straight red in my book because there was intent to harm with no intent to play the ball).

We spent 4 years with Grant Hall in this squad. De Wijs is a significantly better centre half with a playing record significantly better than Hall’s too. It may not be 40+ a season, but if we get 30 from him next year in the league, I’d wager we’ll concede fewer again next year, probably 5-10 fewer.

Happy with this. Hope I’m not wrong!

"My type of centre half. I’d go as far as to say that in the 9 games he’s played, he’s been the best of the 3. "

I agree. But the central man should be the best, maybe - more traffic there so more clearances/blocks/interceptions/tackles? He was a huge upgrade on Cameron, I felt.

"Personally I’m not worried about his injury record. 9 in 23 is misleading. He arrived injured, picked up from his time at Hull. Once we got him on the field he was pretty regular. The broken nose was both a thing that can happen (and a naughty challenge, straight red in my book because there was intent to harm with no intent to play the ball)."

It's the muscle injuries that bothered me (0.8%, I think). He went off twice with pulls. I don't mind kissing but I hate that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 09:38 - May 15 with 975 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QUIZ-TIME

If my research is correct - Jordy de Wijs will be only the second contracted QPR player to feature for us, with the ‘de’ suffix in his name. For example - Charles de Gaulle.

Who was the first player and which 2 teams did he play against?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 09:52 - May 15 with 950 viewsQPR_Jim

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 09:38 - May 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

QUIZ-TIME

If my research is correct - Jordy de Wijs will be only the second contracted QPR player to feature for us, with the ‘de’ suffix in his name. For example - Charles de Gaulle.

De Von White?

I thought it was Di Carmine but unfortunately it was Di not De and perhaps more unfortunately whilst checking the spelling I saw that he played way more than 2 games for us.
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 09:58 - May 15 with 934 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Samuel Di Carmine is all I can think of.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:05 - May 15 with 918 viewsMaggsinho

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 09:38 - May 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

QUIZ-TIME

Fernando de Ornelas. Think he played at Reading away but no idea on the second game.
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:20 - May 15 with 889 viewsBazzeR

Dillon De Silva youth team player introduced this season.Think he may have come on a sub against Boro
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:20 - May 15 with 886 viewsMistication92

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 19:51 - May 13 by Maggsinho

I still think you should release these ghost signing profiles - maybe as a Patreon benefit - they’d make fascinating reading.

This would be brilliant!
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:35 - May 15 with 855 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:05 - May 15 by Maggsinho

Fernando de Ornelas. Think he played at Reading away but no idea on the second game.

Yes that’s the only player that I can find, he was on a rolling monthly contract. I’m not sure who the other team he played against is either - will do some digging if nobody else knows.

Di Carmine doesn’t count I’m afraid!

Login to get fewer ads

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:39 - May 15 with 841 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:20 - May 15 by BazzeR

Dillon De Silva youth team player introduced this season.Think he may have come on a sub against Boro

I saw him but didn’t think he’d played for us. Are you sure that wasn’t Deshane Dalling against Boro?

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:49 - May 15 with 815 viewsGloryHunter

de Wijs is not a Dutch name form, is it? Wiki search shows he was in fact born in Belgium. Dutch grandfather though, which is maybe why he has represented the Netherlands from U17 to U21s?
[Post edited 15 May 2021 10:52]
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:56 - May 15 with 798 viewsBazzeR

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:39 - May 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

I saw him but didn’t think he’d played for us. Are you sure that wasn’t Deshane Dalling against Boro?

I should have checked before jumping in..it was Duke-McKenna who came on as sub against Boro.

I think De Silva may have been on the first team bench a couple of times.
Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 11:08 - May 15 with 771 viewseastside_r

Jordy signs - 3 year deal on 10:05 - May 15 by Maggsinho

I remember him coming on as a sub at LR, no idea against whom, when we were in what is now League 1 (wasn’t then.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024