Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin official 15:07 - Jun 2 with 12263 viewsBAWHoops

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Austin official on 16:37 - Jun 2 with 2575 viewsnix

Robith I really hope you get your day out with your dad. It would be fantastic and the thought of it has probably made a world of difference to him.

As for Clive's article, I'm not surprised you don't get all the signings right as we spent a number of depressing years where several managers, a CEO, the owners, the scouts and basically everyone concerned got it horribly wrong and they're supposed to be the experts. What they glaringly failed to do was even a modicum of due diligence. The kind of thing you'd do if you were hiring a new admin guy on £20k: ring up the old company, speak to people in the industry who might know him, read between the lines, look at why they'd put him on secondment to the warehouse etc, etc. We also listened to the equivalent of the recruiters bigging up their salary and actually frigging believed them!!!! Injuries, not a problem any more, his knee's fine. Stinking out the dressing room, not at all, just a bit of a culture clash with the manager... Can't be ar*ed, definitely not, just a bit unfit and needs a new challenge...

Anyhoo, back to Charlie, it's synchronicity. If we get anything like the Charlie of the last five months, the KPF will be rocking. And let's face it, that's what we go for.
Austin official on 16:44 - Jun 2 with 2526 views00calben

I would make him club captain
Austin official on 16:48 - Jun 2 with 2504 viewsTonto

when he came back in January, I thought it had all the hallmarks of a car crash. I was wrong. His relationship and mentoring of Lyndon Dykes in particular was top notch. he appears to have become the "QPR" voice in the dressing room and it rubbed off.

I totally get he will probably be out for some periods in the next two years, but this seems like a good deal for all.

Welcome Back (again) Charlie

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Austin official on 16:50 - Jun 2 with 2488 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austin official on 16:48 - Jun 2 by Tonto

when he came back in January, I thought it had all the hallmarks of a car crash. I was wrong. His relationship and mentoring of Lyndon Dykes in particular was top notch. he appears to have become the "QPR" voice in the dressing room and it rubbed off.

I totally get he will probably be out for some periods in the next two years, but this seems like a good deal for all.

Welcome Back (again) Charlie

I was also wrong.

I thought he was going to be a overweight, disinterested, Jordon Rhodes type.
Austin official on 16:50 - Jun 2 with 2485 viewsHayesender

Thats the excitement wee out of the way.

Just Johansen now for the full on excitement poo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Austin official on 17:07 - Jun 2 with 2395 viewsNorthernr

Austin official on 17:23 - Jun 2 with 2298 viewspaulparker

Well chuffed
He was a massive influence not only on the pitch but off it imo , our season changed the day he walked back in the door, a future manager here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin official on 17:26 - Jun 2 with 2291 viewsBerkoRanger

A huge well done to everyone at the club, including the owners, for making this possible. Great news!!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Austin official on 17:37 - Jun 2 with 2239 viewsBerkoRanger

I'm old enough to remember the Rodnee and Stanlee chant. How about Charleee, Charleee, Charleee as the same slow chant.
Austin official on 17:49 - Jun 2 with 2179 viewsbosh67

This is massive for us. I wonder if we can get Johansen in based on this as he and Charlie became very good friends here and it may be the sway Jojo needed? If that happens and with the likes of Austin, Dykes, Willock, Adomah, Chair etc this could be a monster season for us. Buzzing!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin official on 17:55 - Jun 2 with 2168 viewsdaveB

Austin official on 16:10 - Jun 2 by PinnerPaul

MW did say recently that he was hoping for 2/3 signings in 'early June'.

Then its hold on to what we've got and then it could be a very exciting season.

Only slight fly in the ointment is that I've never heard Charlie praise MW and how he enjoys working with him etc etc, usual trite nonsense I suppose but a bit odd he never seems to mention him.

Apologies for talking nonsense if that's not true but I certainly can't remember such an interview if he has.

He's spoken about Warburton a fair bit, always says he likes him as a manager and full of praise on Talksport and in his podcast
Austin official on 17:56 - Jun 2 with 2160 viewsdaveB

Austin official on 16:20 - Jun 2 by robith

Being annoyingly sincere for a minute, last August my dad got a medical diagnosis that was basically curtains. I know Charlie's return really kept his spirits up through chemo in lockdown, and certainly enabled us to have something else to talk about.

Now by some combination of medical science, his own stubborn grit and pure cosmic coincidence, he's still here and fingers crossed, while medium term it's still bad news, will be into the start of the season.

I'm a big hard rugby player, but I'm not afraid to admit the possibility of going back to Loftus Road at least once more with the auld fella, and getting to see CHARLIE F**KING AUSTIN play for us, has made me pretty emotional today

What a day that will be, Hope your Dad keeps going and can enjoy a lot more days down the Bush
Austin official on 18:09 - Jun 2 with 2108 viewsDannytheR

I was very sceptical about him coming back in January and I can't remember the last time I was so happy being repeatedly proved dead wrong.

Don't want to jinx things in terms of what we might or might not do next season. BUT however that pans out, he's already proved he can be what makes Dykes the kind of striker who sells for the kind of money that could set us up very nicely indeed for the future. And long term that could be the real result here.

Anyway you slice it, you gotta love him.
Austin official on 18:14 - Jun 2 with 2081 viewsdmm

I'm so delighted and we know he'll be as important in the dressing room as he is on the pitch.

And not only so. He'll be important in the stands too, and I'm sure the board knows that. How many supporters will have got out of the habit of going to games? A fair few I'd wager. The board knows signing Austin can be a big draw in helping to bring back supporters to the KPFS.
Austin official on 18:17 - Jun 2 with 2070 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 17:55 - Jun 2 by daveB

He's spoken about Warburton a fair bit, always says he likes him as a manager and full of praise on Talksport and in his podcast

Fair enough Dave, my bad as the kids (used to?) say!
Austin official on 18:19 - Jun 2 with 2068 viewsdezzar

Welcome back/home Charlie . Come on sign, Stefan , you know it makes sense
Austin official on 18:19 - Jun 2 with 2065 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 18:14 - Jun 2 by dmm

I'm so delighted and we know he'll be as important in the dressing room as he is on the pitch.

And not only so. He'll be important in the stands too, and I'm sure the board knows that. How many supporters will have got out of the habit of going to games? A fair few I'd wager. The board knows signing Austin can be a big draw in helping to bring back supporters to the KPFS.

I would wager EVERY fan has got out of the habit of going to games!

Know what you mean though!
Austin official on 18:22 - Jun 2 with 2048 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austin official on 16:20 - Jun 2 by robith

Being annoyingly sincere for a minute, last August my dad got a medical diagnosis that was basically curtains. I know Charlie's return really kept his spirits up through chemo in lockdown, and certainly enabled us to have something else to talk about.

Now by some combination of medical science, his own stubborn grit and pure cosmic coincidence, he's still here and fingers crossed, while medium term it's still bad news, will be into the start of the season.

I'm a big hard rugby player, but I'm not afraid to admit the possibility of going back to Loftus Road at least once more with the auld fella, and getting to see CHARLIE F**KING AUSTIN play for us, has made me pretty emotional today

Solidarity mate.

I have my fingers crossed for you and your Dad.
Austin official on 18:24 - Jun 2 with 2033 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 18:22 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Solidarity mate.

I have my fingers crossed for you and your Dad.

Sure we all do, that's what makes the sport and this club in particular so special to us.
Austin official on 18:57 - Jun 2 with 1936 viewsGaryT

Austin official on 16:44 - Jun 2 by 00calben

I would make him club captain

Assistant captain, I'd give the armband to Johanson.

Fantastic news about Charlie so just one more piece of the puzzle to go. Seriously, we need everyone to shower Jojo with messages of undying love and adoration...or we just hold Konk hostage until he joins.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way, what's it to be Jojo?"

Austin official on 19:02 - Jun 2 with 1908 viewsNorthernr

Austin official on 18:19 - Jun 2 by PinnerPaul

I would wager EVERY fan has got out of the habit of going to games!

Know what you mean though!

Not quite, C and S was 40 strong by the end of the season, and heard it was similar at The Askew for Luton
Austin official on 19:25 - Jun 2 with 1812 viewsQPR_Jim

Austin official on 15:42 - Jun 2 by danehoop

Agree Simmo big statement of intent/expectation from the owners.

Really hoping that the signings to this point act as an encouragement to Johansen as well. There is the foundation of a really special squad and manager for the season ahead. Its clear that we see him as being the fulcrum around which we want to build it. Sure he knows just how much we want him and it was clear how much he enjoyed his time with us. Seeing those other loan signings being made permanent, the likely offer of a minimum 3 year contract and staying in London must be tempting (if the financial package is sufficiently competitive).

If Johansen does sign and we can keep the momentum and progression going it might be a special season.

Its the hope that kills isnt it?

Really pleased to have CA back.

I hope that the signings we've made will indicate to Johansen that if he were to choose to come here, the core of the team will be the same as the end of last season.
Austin official on 20:13 - Jun 2 with 1653 viewsBklynRanger

Great news. Not even so much about getting Charlie back, which is great anyway, but the continuity, style of play, mix of experience and youth - all very encouraging.
Austin official on 20:24 - Jun 2 with 1597 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Austin official on 16:10 - Jun 2 by PinnerPaul

MW did say recently that he was hoping for 2/3 signings in 'early June'.

Then its hold on to what we've got and then it could be a very exciting season.

Only slight fly in the ointment is that I've never heard Charlie praise MW and how he enjoys working with him etc etc, usual trite nonsense I suppose but a bit odd he never seems to mention him.

Apologies for talking nonsense if that's not true but I certainly can't remember such an interview if he has.

I do remember an interview where CA commented about how good MW had been to him.

I get the impression there's a mutual respect there but Charlie knows better than to get too close to a QPR manager...

Welcome back Charlie Austin!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Austin official on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 1576 viewsNed_Kennedys

Very pleased with this, and fantastic to see the club get their business done early.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024