Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub Closures 20:05 - Aug 7 with 9878 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Closure of Princess Vic and Adelaide caused carnage in Conningham and The Green today.

Can any recommend any boozers locally that you don’t have take a catheter with you to get pint?
Pub Closures on 17:59 - Aug 8 with 2604 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pub Closures on 17:26 - Aug 8 by traininvain

The reality is that many pubs would close if they had to operate with table service full time due to the extra costs involved eroding already razor thin profit margins.

yeah, i know. it was nice though.

Bare bones.

Pub Closures on 19:18 - Aug 8 with 2448 viewsdaveB

Pub Closures on 17:28 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Also, you couldn't do table service in the crown yesterday even if you'd wanted to. Place was rammed, and most people didn't have a table to serve them at.

oh yeah it wouldn't have been possible yesterday was just a pain queueing for so long, having people push past you and spending most of pre match in queues.
Pub Closures on 19:30 - Aug 8 with 2401 viewsstevec

Pub Closures on 16:15 - Aug 8 by boysfromthebush

Askew was QPR, not one Wall fan would've got in/out of there alive yesterday so wouldn't of been Wall fans.

Trust me.

Ha Cheers, I’m enlightened!

Bit old and out of touch these days but sounds like we still have a crew as well?
Pub Closures on 19:30 - Aug 8 with 2411 viewsdistortR

Pub Closures on 17:28 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Also, you couldn't do table service in the crown yesterday even if you'd wanted to. Place was rammed, and most people didn't have a table to serve them at.

I bring my own table.
Pub Closures on 19:36 - Aug 8 with 2394 viewsBoston

Pub Closures on 19:30 - Aug 8 by distortR

I bring my own table.

Handy, when both halves are 45's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pub Closures on 21:55 - Aug 8 with 2224 viewsrobith

Pub Closures on 20:21 - Aug 7 by stevec

Real shame to see the Adelaide gone. Assume Princess Vic will be open next game, said something about being closed for an event.

We wandered into the Askew Arms, seemed to have been taken over by Millwall fans. Didn’t actually realise until scanning around and noticed the complete absence of QPR shirts. Didn’t hang about, guess the 7 or 8 police vans parked up opposite should have given the game away!

Don’t know the pub name, think it’s the old British Queen, but pleasant enough in there.

Yeah always enjoyed the Adelaide. Had a good vibe and a decent beer selection
Pub Closures on 21:59 - Aug 8 with 2217 viewsrobith

Pub Closures on 11:37 - Aug 8 by Northernr

There’s some suggestion Green King are taking on the Adelaide.
Crown was six deep at the bar at one stage.

Felt exceptionally guilty as when I was my round in the C&S I just walked up and got served immediately. Everyone else had a much longer experience
Pub Closures on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 2181 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 21:55 - Aug 8 by robith

I haven't been in the Adelaide since it was a Charrington pub !
Greene King beers not a patch on what they used to be but I've found that some of their pubs have guest beers.
I wonder if Fuller's, now they are purely a pubco, might be interested. They took over a couple in Hammersmith in recent years.
Login to get fewer ads

Pub Closures on 08:17 - Aug 9 with 2025 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Talking of pub closures 'The Monarch' Camden famous for 'Metalworks' on a sunday night and hosting Camden rocks gigs has had a Bush Ranger like make over.

I predicted to my mate it would be gone within a year or two.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pub Closures on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 1895 viewsrobith

Pub Closures on 22:13 - Aug 8 by colinallcars

I haven't been in the Adelaide since it was a Charrington pub !
Greene King beers not a patch on what they used to be but I've found that some of their pubs have guest beers.
I wonder if Fuller's, now they are purely a pubco, might be interested. They took over a couple in Hammersmith in recent years.

Adelaie has from memory Easy Peeler, Neck Oil and Boogie Van on tap, plus more I'm forgetting. Kept them well too.
Pub Closures on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 1781 viewsSuperhoops2808

Pub Closures on 21:55 - Aug 8 by robith

And dont forget the Scotch eggs - Often had them before the match

The Adelaide was great cos you could have a beer outside, and chat to fans walking by... I remember buying Mel's book over the hedge of that pub and the Ram climbing over to get in.
You could get a Kebab on the opp corner and bring it back in. Had many a post and pre match beer with Bazwot and Rrr's Pricey... Even young Dave (Hayesender)

On the day after the play off final we had a beer in there with Phil Beard too

Some very happy memories in that Pub - Fab place
Pub Closures on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 1721 viewsHayesender

Pub Closures on 19:47 - Aug 9 by Superhoops2808

And dont forget the Scotch eggs - Often had them before the match

The Adelaide was great cos you could have a beer outside, and chat to fans walking by... I remember buying Mel's book over the hedge of that pub and the Ram climbing over to get in.
You could get a Kebab on the opp corner and bring it back in. Had many a post and pre match beer with Bazwot and Rrr's Pricey... Even young Dave (Hayesender)

On the day after the play off final we had a beer in there with Phil Beard too

Some very happy memories in that Pub - Fab place

Christ Brian, I haven't been called young for a few years

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pub Closures on 21:32 - Aug 9 with 1632 viewscolinallcars

Shepherds Bush has lost a number of pubs. The Duke of Edinburgh, the Greyhound, the Brackenbury, the two pubs at each end of the market, two in Askew Rd, the Goldhawk. However, the worst hit area is to the north and east of the Pavilion in Wood Lane - absolute carnage. All the pubs gone.
Pub Closures on 21:37 - Aug 9 with 1623 viewsted_hendrix

Way back when used to meet posters from here in the following pubs the Conningham, the Adelaide, British Queen, the Green, the Springbok and the Crown & Sceptre, the C&S was a good pub after games for sitting outside talking bollocks in the early part of the season.
Hardly any of those posters post on here nowadays.

Springbok used to be the HQ for the LSA.

Halcyon days.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pub Closures on 21:42 - Aug 9 with 1603 viewsQPRSteve

The General Smuts is another pub long gone and forgotten or so it seems. Will always have place in my heart as the first pub I ever drank in - ex Wren boy,
Pub Closures on 21:45 - Aug 9 with 1593 viewsqpr_1968

Pub Closures on 21:32 - Aug 9 by colinallcars

Shepherds Bush has lost a number of pubs. The Duke of Edinburgh, the Greyhound, the Brackenbury, the two pubs at each end of the market, two in Askew Rd, the Goldhawk. However, the worst hit area is to the north and east of the Pavilion in Wood Lane - absolute carnage. All the pubs gone.

ladbroke grove man meself and your right, the pavillion is the last pub going all the way up ladbroke grove even as far as harrow road that qpr fans drank in on match days.

the north pole, volunteer, latimer, cowshed, the western, the narrow boat, big plough, little plough, flora......all gone.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Pub Closures on 21:50 - Aug 9 with 1575 viewsqpr_1968

Pub Closures on 21:32 - Aug 9 by colinallcars

duke of clarence, mailcoach, and odonagues.
all good pubs on match days as well.

Pub Closures on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 1568 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 21:45 - Aug 9 by qpr_1968

ladbroke grove man meself and your right, the pavillion is the last pub going all the way up ladbroke grove even as far as harrow road that qpr fans drank in on match days.

the north pole, volunteer, latimer, cowshed, the western, the narrow boat, big plough, little plough, flora......all gone.

Was the Narrow Boat a Fuller's pub ? I seem to remember going on a pub crawl in the area years ago and fell foul of the rocket fuel that is Fuller's ESB.
Pub Closures on 21:56 - Aug 9 with 1558 viewsqpr_1968

Pub Closures on 21:51 - Aug 9 by colinallcars

Was the Narrow Boat a Fuller's pub ? I seem to remember going on a pub crawl in the area years ago and fell foul of the rocket fuel that is Fuller's ESB.

if i remember rightly yes.
it had one dodgy staircase as well.

Pub Closures on 22:01 - Aug 9 with 1544 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 21:56 - Aug 9 by qpr_1968

if i remember rightly yes.
it had one dodgy staircase as well.

Yes, it's coming back to me now - also there was a pub near Westbourne Grove that had a glass floor and one could look down at the cellar where they brewed the beer. They had one called Dog Bolter. I recall losing the power of speech walking home after a few of those.
Pub Closures on 22:27 - Aug 9 with 1506 viewsTripleR

Pub Closures on 22:01 - Aug 9 by colinallcars

Yes, it's coming back to me now - also there was a pub near Westbourne Grove that had a glass floor and one could look down at the cellar where they brewed the beer. They had one called Dog Bolter. I recall losing the power of speech walking home after a few of those.

Was that the old Tavistock Arms.
Changed the name to Frog & Firkin.
Pub Closures on 22:34 - Aug 9 with 1501 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 22:27 - Aug 9 by TripleR

Was that the old Tavistock Arms.
Changed the name to Frog & Firkin.

That's it - Frog & Firkin. I used to get in some right states in those days. I stick mostly to low gravity beers these days !
Pub Closures on 22:57 - Aug 9 with 1457 viewsphilc

Pub Closures on 22:34 - Aug 9 by colinallcars

That's it - Frog & Firkin. I used to get in some right states in those days. I stick mostly to low gravity beers these days !

Was that Bruces brewery? They used to do some really strong ales, wasn’t it Head Banger or Floor Banger? I walked past the Star in South Harrow last week, now shut, which I seem to remember was a firkin pub and thought that how well they would do now with all the hipster / craft breweries. A pub brewing it’s own beer would do well, assuming of course it was IPA etc, although I do miss an old style bitter, but even I’m getting bored with Doom Bar, Abbot Ales etc. Sorry just finished a rather nice Spanish red so rambling a bit. Probably time for bed.
Pub Closures on 23:13 - Aug 9 with 1429 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 21:50 - Aug 9 by qpr_1968

duke of clarence, mailcoach, and odonagues.
all good pubs on match days as well.

I used to go to the Clarence on Sunday lunchtimes when they had a band of West Indian blokes playing steel drums and then on to the Kensington for pub rock.
If you'd have told me then that all these pubs would die, I'd have thought you were crackers. It's a national shame.
Pub Closures on 08:56 - Aug 10 with 1320 viewsGroveR

Pub Closures on 21:45 - Aug 9 by qpr_1968

It's an absolute shocker. I used to drink in the Cowshed, it had it's edges but it was the last of the community pubs in the area (I'll let anyone else who drank in their do the "care in the..." jokes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024