Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Rittenhouse 21:57 - Nov 10 with 14995 views73__73

A true American hero.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:19 - Nov 12 with 1060 viewsRonaldStump

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:16 - Nov 12 by Scotia

"I never resort to threats or name calling"

Threats, no. Name calling, yes. It's often your only way out of an argument.

Anyway back to the OP. So a teenager who drives 20 miles with an illegally owned, semi automatic rifle and shoots and kills two people. One of whom was shot in the back, and another who was unarmed, and also shoots and injures someone identified as a paramedic is an Amerincan hero?

I'm glad I don't live there.

Oh sorry i forgot some people get offended by being called a berk or a brainwashed nutter, I've been called far worse by professor plum and co on many occasions. Water off a duck's back.

(He She Him)

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:48 - Nov 12 with 1051 views73__73

Kyle Rittenhouse on 10:15 - Nov 12 by Catullus

Dr P says it was clearly self defence then says he shot an unarmed man. A court might see that as a step too far. I won't call it murder but he has possibly still broken a law. These things happen when mob rule takes over.

People like guns for the same reasons they like fast cars, the adrenaline rush. Guns give people a feeling of power. Shooting a target is very different to shooting people though.

With so many guns in circulation and so much hate coursing through it, it's looking bad for America. I'm glad i don't live there.

What has being unarmed got to do with things.
Next time you are in a country that has armed police, go and try and one over the head with a skateboard and see what happens
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 12:03]

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:50 - Nov 12 with 1050 viewsScotia

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:19 - Nov 12 by RonaldStump

Oh sorry i forgot some people get offended by being called a berk or a brainwashed nutter, I've been called far worse by professor plum and co on many occasions. Water off a duck's back.

It's not about being offended, I'm not.

You said you don't call people names. You do.

You obviously forgot. You seem to be quite forgetful.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:57 - Nov 12 with 1039 views73__73

Kyle Rittenhouse on 08:38 - Nov 12 by KeithHaynes

People taking up guns because they can, just to enforce their opinions regardless of the alleged cause tells me they have already lost.

What about people destroying people’s businesses etc, just because they can ?

Also don’t forget when this incident happened, the police were so stretched they couldn’t protect people’s business and even people themselves.

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:59 - Nov 12 with 1035 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 10:15 - Nov 12 by Catullus

Dr P says it was clearly self defence then says he shot an unarmed man. A court might see that as a step too far. I won't call it murder but he has possibly still broken a law. These things happen when mob rule takes over.

People like guns for the same reasons they like fast cars, the adrenaline rush. Guns give people a feeling of power. Shooting a target is very different to shooting people though.

With so many guns in circulation and so much hate coursing through it, it's looking bad for America. I'm glad i don't live there.

Unarmed means he didn’t have a weapon.

You don’t have to have a weapon pointed at you in order to defend yourself.

Unless you know different?

If you were aiming a boot at someone’s head and they were armed, I’d fully support them using it.

If you are willing to potentially inflict a fatal blow or one that can inflict devastating harm to the individual, then you can’t argue with what is done to stop you from doing so.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Kyle Rittenhouse on 12:11 - Nov 12 with 1017 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:16 - Nov 12 by Scotia

"I never resort to threats or name calling"

Threats, no. Name calling, yes. It's often your only way out of an argument.

Anyway back to the OP. So a teenager who drives 20 miles with an illegally owned, semi automatic rifle and shoots and kills two people. One of whom was shot in the back, and another who was unarmed, and also shoots and injures someone identified as a paramedic is an Amerincan hero?

I'm glad I don't live there.

The only potential crime there is illegally owning a gun. First offence for that I think I read was a $500 fine. Second offence 2 years in jail.

With regards to the two people shot, one was about to cave his head in with a skateboard as he were on the floor, the other was in an armed group who discharged their firearm first while chasing him before attacking Rittenhouse and trying to take his gun.

That last part is important. You are permitted to use anything up to and including lethal force to stop a potentially lethal threat. Someone trying to take your gun is a lethal threat.

Try to take a police officers gun. You will meet the same fate, for the same reason.

However due to the political nature of this event, I fear for the boy.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 8:16]

Kyle Rittenhouse on 18:43 - Nov 12 with 947 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kyle Rittenhouse on 12:11 - Nov 12 by Dr_Parnassus

The only potential crime there is illegally owning a gun. First offence for that I think I read was a $500 fine. Second offence 2 years in jail.

With regards to the two people shot, one was about to cave his head in with a skateboard as he were on the floor, the other was in an armed group who discharged their firearm first while chasing him before attacking Rittenhouse and trying to take his gun.

That last part is important. You are permitted to use anything up to and including lethal force to stop a potentially lethal threat. Someone trying to take your gun is a lethal threat.

Try to take a police officers gun. You will meet the same fate, for the same reason.

Makes me glad I live in damp, drizzly Wales. America is bonkers and has far too much influence on the UK.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 19:36 - Nov 12 with 938 viewsScotia

Kyle Rittenhouse on 12:11 - Nov 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Proven thus far.

He shot a paramedic, someone in the back and someone attacking him with a skateboard. A skateboard for heavens sake.

He wasn't a police officer he was armed with an illegal weapon. He shouldn't have been holding it for someone to try to take it off him. He seems to have put himself in the position to be on the end of a lethal threat. Would you be able to say the same in your defence if you were an armed robber.

He seems to be anything but a hero. He seems to be a pathetic coward.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Rittenhouse on 20:12 - Nov 12 with 919 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kyle Rittenhouse on 19:36 - Nov 12 by Scotia

Proven thus far.

He shot a paramedic, someone in the back and someone attacking him with a skateboard. A skateboard for heavens sake.

He wasn't a police officer he was armed with an illegal weapon. He shouldn't have been holding it for someone to try to take it off him. He seems to have put himself in the position to be on the end of a lethal threat. Would you be able to say the same in your defence if you were an armed robber.

You obviously haven't been watching the trial, you obviously are ignoring the backgrounds of the people he shot and ignoring the fact that they were rioting which had previously killed people doing so.
You are also ignoring the fact he was shot at first, you are ignoring the FBI Drone video evidence.
You are also ignoring the evidence of the person he shot who admitted he was pointing a pistol at his head at the time.
You are ignoring the fact that he was there to protect someones property.
You are ignoring the fact that a skateboard can kill you just as easily as any other "blunt instrument" wielded in anger.

They were criminals creating anarchy, they were not out for a stroll in the park.

You are like the poeple who said the Trump supporter shot in cold blood deserved it because he was there, I am sure if that first shot had killed him you would have said the he also deserved it.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 21:23 - Nov 12 with 895 viewsScotia

Kyle Rittenhouse on 20:12 - Nov 12 by A_Fans_Dad

You obviously haven't been watching the trial, you obviously are ignoring the backgrounds of the people he shot and ignoring the fact that they were rioting which had previously killed people doing so.
You are also ignoring the fact he was shot at first, you are ignoring the FBI Drone video evidence.
You are also ignoring the evidence of the person he shot who admitted he was pointing a pistol at his head at the time.
You are ignoring the fact that he was there to protect someones property.
You are ignoring the fact that a skateboard can kill you just as easily as any other "blunt instrument" wielded in anger.

They were criminals creating anarchy, they were not out for a stroll in the park.

You are like the poeple who said the Trump supporter shot in cold blood deserved it because he was there, I am sure if that first shot had killed him you would have said the he also deserved it.

What a pile of brainwashed nonsense. Do you really think any of that is a mitigating factor?

He was miles from home with a massive, illegally owned gun shooting unarmed people and a paramedic.

He decided to travel there, with a gun and shoot a man with a skateboard, a paramedic and someone in the back but it's OK because someone else had a gun too and he was protecting a complete strangers property?

I haven't watched the trial, if what you've said is correct he deserves to be found guilty. None of that should be a defence in a civilised country, but that seems to be the problem in the states since 2016.

He blubbed like a baby in court. God help him when he's deservedly spending the rest of his days in jail.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 22:49 - Nov 12 with 874 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 19:36 - Nov 12 by Scotia

Proven thus far.

You don’t have to be a police officer to hold a gun, anyone who has a licence can. They weren’t taking his gun off him because he didn’t have a licence, they were taking it off him presumably to use it against him. At that point whether he had a licence or not is moot.

A skateboard can kill you in an instant, it’s a lump of wood and metal. You honestly reckon if you were sat on the floor and someone was taking a massive swing of it aimed towards you temple you would laugh it off? I can only assume you would wake up in hospital, if you were lucky enough to wake at all.

You are leaving out a lot of the story when you say “shot in the back”, he shot him 4 times in quick succession after he was attacked and tried to have his gun taken off him, the last shot was during him turning away. He didn’t “shoot someone in the back” as you are trying to portray.

He does not seem to be a coward. He travelled to help protect people’s homes from being burned down. Something others were standing by and watching or actions that cowardly defended in a lot of instances, it ended tragically but to make out he is some evil murderer as opposed to a young boy trying to protect a community from absolute criminal carnage is just false.

Kyle Rittenhouse on 23:45 - Nov 12 with 857 viewsGwyn737

Kyle Rittenhouse on 22:49 - Nov 12 by Dr_Parnassus

You don’t have to be a police officer to hold a gun, anyone who has a licence can. They weren’t taking his gun off him because he didn’t have a licence, they were taking it off him presumably to use it against him. At that point whether he had a licence or not is moot.

A skateboard can kill you in an instant, it’s a lump of wood and metal. You honestly reckon if you were sat on the floor and someone was taking a massive swing of it aimed towards you temple you would laugh it off? I can only assume you would wake up in hospital, if you were lucky enough to wake at all.

You are leaving out a lot of the story when you say “shot in the back”, he shot him 4 times in quick succession after he was attacked and tried to have his gun taken off him, the last shot was during him turning away. He didn’t “shoot someone in the back” as you are trying to portray.

He does not seem to be a coward. He travelled to help protect people’s homes from being burned down. Something others were standing by and watching or actions that cowardly defended in a lot of instances, it ended tragically but to make out he is some evil murderer as opposed to a young boy trying to protect a community from absolute criminal carnage is just false.

Justice will take its course and we’ll all have to go with the outcome.

But… if there’s anyone on here who’d drive their child x amount of miles with a loaded gun to protect somebody else’s property, I’d be surprised.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 00:10 - Nov 13 with 842 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 23:45 - Nov 12 by Gwyn737

Justice will take its course and we’ll all have to go with the outcome.

But… if there’s anyone on here who’d drive their child x amount of miles with a loaded gun to protect somebody else’s property, I’d be surprised.

The court process will take its course, whether justice will be done is yet to be seen and open for interpretation I guess.

As for nobody on here would drive their son, agreed I can’t imagine me ever doing it. I’d probably be one of those that stand by and watch as people burn someone’s home down, sadly. Apart from obviously verbally telling them that they shouldn’t.

Any member of the public who actively goes out of their way to protect the community from gangs of criminals, attacking people and burning down homes, knowing they are putting themselves in real danger has my respect.

Last year was horrendous. These gangs were being allowed to do as they like, protected by the media and glorified by Hollywood and ignored by large parts of the public, simply because of political preferences.

Democrat governors even holding the police back from protecting people from them because the carnage was helping their political aims. Just sickening.

People were always going to take it into their own hands to protect themselves and others. They were let down and let down badly.

Which is why trials like this don’t sit right with me, untrained people had to do the jobs of the police as they were not being protected. Things like this happening was inevitable.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 0:25]

Kyle Rittenhouse on 01:09 - Nov 13 with 823 viewsmax936

Kyle Rittenhouse on 18:43 - Nov 12 by Treforys_Jack

Makes me glad I live in damp, drizzly Wales. America is bonkers and has far too much influence on the UK.

THIS in Bundles

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kyle Rittenhouse on 03:36 - Nov 13 with 799 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kyle Rittenhouse on 00:10 - Nov 13 by Dr_Parnassus

The court process will take its course, whether justice will be done is yet to be seen and open for interpretation I guess.

As for nobody on here would drive their son, agreed I can’t imagine me ever doing it. I’d probably be one of those that stand by and watch as people burn someone’s home down, sadly. Apart from obviously verbally telling them that they shouldn’t.

Any member of the public who actively goes out of their way to protect the community from gangs of criminals, attacking people and burning down homes, knowing they are putting themselves in real danger has my respect.

Last year was horrendous. These gangs were being allowed to do as they like, protected by the media and glorified by Hollywood and ignored by large parts of the public, simply because of political preferences.

Democrat governors even holding the police back from protecting people from them because the carnage was helping their political aims. Just sickening.

People were always going to take it into their own hands to protect themselves and others. They were let down and let down badly.

Which is why trials like this don’t sit right with me, untrained people had to do the jobs of the police as they were not being protected. Things like this happening was inevitable.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 0:25]

The issue I have is he went to defend someone else's property that had nothing remotely to do with him and not even in his town or neighborhood. If he wants to defend liberty and freedom, then join the police or army. To me, he thought he'd act the tough guy and got way out of his depth very quickly by the looks of it. Desperately sad situation to end up in.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 07:55 - Nov 13 with 769 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 03:36 - Nov 13 by Treforys_Jack

The issue I have is he went to defend someone else's property that had nothing remotely to do with him and not even in his town or neighborhood. If he wants to defend liberty and freedom, then join the police or army. To me, he thought he'd act the tough guy and got way out of his depth very quickly by the looks of it. Desperately sad situation to end up in.

The irony of this is that if he was a police officer, he would be stood down from protecting the houses.

It’s the whole reason they wanted to help, for me it doesn’t matter if he’s defending his own home or defending other peoples. It makes it even more impressive on his character that he would do that for others.

They were let down by everyone pandering to these criminal riots and they had to take it into their own hands and head it off. I will never criticise them for that, I was one of the main posters on here daily calling the actions of the criminal gangs as abhorrent and vile. My views have not changed.

He was interviewed before the incidents, seemed a really decent kid.

Kyle Rittenhouse on 08:34 - Nov 13 with 754 viewscontroversial_jack

Kyle Rittenhouse on 03:36 - Nov 13 by Treforys_Jack

Spot on! It's not his job to defend someone else property. He was just a vigilante.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 08:50 - Nov 13 with 751 viewsCountyJim

So he shot a paramedic and he's a hero

You couldn't make this stuff up only in America
Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:08 - Nov 13 with 740 viewscontroversial_jack

It's a bonkers place. Why anyone would want to go there is beyond me
Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:20 - Nov 13 with 737 viewsScotia

Kyle Rittenhouse on 08:50 - Nov 13 by CountyJim

So he shot a paramedic and he's a hero

You couldn't make this stuff up only in America

I genuinely can't believe the tone of this thread. Its completely bonkers.

He shot a paramedic, a bloke with a skate board and someone in the back (that's OK because he shot him 3 times in the front first) and he's a hero.

If people were saying the same about an Islamic fundamentalist doing similar I wonder what would happen to this thread?
Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:39 - Nov 13 with 727 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:20 - Nov 13 by Scotia

I genuinely can't believe the tone of this thread. Its completely bonkers.

He shot a paramedic, a bloke with a skate board and someone in the back (that's OK because he shot him 3 times in the front first) and he's a hero.

If people were saying the same about an Islamic fundamentalist doing similar I wonder what would happen to this thread?

The tone of the thread is only something you can’t believe because you keep framing it in a way to make it sound so.

He didn’t try to shoot a paramedic, didn’t shoot a guy because he had a skateboard and didn’t shoot someone in the back as they were running.

He went to stand outside a neighbourhood to try and stop people from burning down homes. A group of armed people attacked him, fired their gun and he returned fire when someone tried to steal his gun. He was chased, fell while running where someone tried to kick his head off, missed then tried to cave his head in with a wooden and metal skateboard, he shot him.

He then went to the police to inform them of everything that happened and was told to go home. The next day he went into the police station to tell them again.

He was let down by the politics at the time that was allowing these riots. I can’t fault him for his intentions, however he was untrained. That’s always going to happen when the police are told they aren’t allowed to protect people, they will protect themselves.

Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:40 - Nov 13 with 726 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 08:34 - Nov 13 by controversial_jack

Spot on! It's not his job to defend someone else property. He was just a vigilante.

It’s not my job to stop someone mugging a pensioner.

I’d like to think I would though.

Especially if the police had been taken out of the area for political reasons.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 9:41]

Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:53 - Nov 13 with 721 viewscontroversial_jack

Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:40 - Nov 13 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not my job to stop someone mugging a pensioner.

I’d like to think I would though.

Especially if the police had been taken out of the area for political reasons.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 9:41]

That's a completely different scenario. You wouldn't be out armed with an illegal weapon patrolling the streets as a vigilante.

He's a domestic terrorist, but we will have to wait to see the outcome.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 10:28 - Nov 13 with 705 viewsScotia

Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:39 - Nov 13 by Dr_Parnassus

The tone of the thread is only something you can’t believe because you keep framing it in a way to make it sound so.

He didn’t try to shoot a paramedic, didn’t shoot a guy because he had a skateboard and didn’t shoot someone in the back as they were running.

He went to stand outside a neighbourhood to try and stop people from burning down homes. A group of armed people attacked him, fired their gun and he returned fire when someone tried to steal his gun. He was chased, fell while running where someone tried to kick his head off, missed then tried to cave his head in with a wooden and metal skateboard, he shot him.

He then went to the police to inform them of everything that happened and was told to go home. The next day he went into the police station to tell them again.

He was let down by the politics at the time that was allowing these riots. I can’t fault him for his intentions, however he was untrained. That’s always going to happen when the police are told they aren’t allowed to protect people, they will protect themselves.

But he did shoot a paramedic, a skateboard wielding man and someone in the back. If he didn't want to shoot anyone he shouldn't have taken an illegally owned gun with him, he shouldn't have owned a gun in the first place.

What heroic about his actions? Did he risk his life to save someone else's? Did he run in to a burning building to save someone's life? Push an old lady out of the way of an oncoming truck?

No he shot people, with a massive gun, some of whom were unarmed, whilst apparently protecting property that was nothing to do with him from alleged damage. He got caught and cried like a baby.

He's no more a hero than a terrorist, its just that you're on the same side.
Kyle Rittenhouse on 11:06 - Nov 13 with 694 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Rittenhouse on 09:53 - Nov 13 by controversial_jack

That's a completely different scenario. You wouldn't be out armed with an illegal weapon patrolling the streets as a vigilante.

He's a domestic terrorist, but we will have to wait to see the outcome.

Don’t be so ridiculous.

He was defending people from having their homes burned down by the domestic terrorists. He didn’t invite them to do it did he?

If the domestic terrorists weren’t burning down people’s homes then he wouldn’t have been there.

That doesn’t sound much like a terrorist to me.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024