Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31744 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:41 - Nov 22 with 1112 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:34 - Nov 22 by onehunglow

No,it upsets you.
Other matters upset others but you only have one perspective.
You have to respect democracy ,assuming you are one. Yiu purport to be.

Franco had plenty of support too and it s why Spain has issues with regional flags and the old scores of the civil war .

Spain is not the only one to have issues with 'regional' flags, we played the Basque country in an international in football, Ireland have played them as well, not much chance of England doing that, we undertaken full tour of the Pacific Islands in rugby, not much chance of England doing that, friendship was more important than money, historically we fight for friends, family, country, culture others fight for land and possessions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:44 - Nov 22 with 1086 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:41 - Nov 22 by trampie

Spain is not the only one to have issues with 'regional' flags, we played the Basque country in an international in football, Ireland have played them as well, not much chance of England doing that, we undertaken full tour of the Pacific Islands in rugby, not much chance of England doing that, friendship was more important than money, historically we fight for friends, family, country, culture others fight for land and possessions.

Every now and then yiu drop your guard.
Your hatred of anything English is stark .
You concentrate on anything negative England portrays.
A wonderful diverse country that has accepted millions of “ immigrants” including Welsh in droves

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:50 - Nov 22 with 1094 viewsandrew

I will keep boo’ing the knee until they stop. It’s embarrassing.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:51 - Nov 22 with 1094 viewsLoyalSwansea

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:26 - Nov 22 by trampie

We mainly play teams from the other side of the Dyke, we have or at least did have our own identity, some of our fans flying the same flags as our rivals and identifying the same as them is perverse, historically we are different, wars of independence, we had totally different laws, we treated women differently to them, we voted Liberal they voted Tory, then we voted Labour they voted Tory, since voting began (generalising but it's often the case), we broke away from their state religion, we tend to be sympathetic to the Basques, Irish, red Indians, Kurds etc they tend to be sympathetic to the imperialist powers, we are nearly always on the opposite side to them, it's the same with some other neighbours across the world, Croats and Serbs ect nearly always on different sides.

A group within the Swansea fanbase seemingly aligning with our rivals politically and flying the same flags as our rivals is going to upset a lot of Swansea fans, I don't know why they want to bring loyalist flags, English flags, union jacks (that is mainly associated with England in football) to Swansea games it's bound to upset the apple cart.

Your talking absolute drivel

Your facist views are there for all to see
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:53 - Nov 22 with 1086 viewsandrew

Just woke Labour lefties. They hate white British people for some reason, even though some of them are.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:31 - Nov 22 with 1046 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:51 - Nov 22 by LoyalSwansea

Your talking absolute drivel

Your facist views are there for all to see

They call me Communist on here.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:38 - Nov 22 with 1036 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:26 - Nov 22 by trampie

We mainly play teams from the other side of the Dyke, we have or at least did have our own identity, some of our fans flying the same flags as our rivals and identifying the same as them is perverse, historically we are different, wars of independence, we had totally different laws, we treated women differently to them, we voted Liberal they voted Tory, then we voted Labour they voted Tory, since voting began (generalising but it's often the case), we broke away from their state religion, we tend to be sympathetic to the Basques, Irish, red Indians, Kurds etc they tend to be sympathetic to the imperialist powers, we are nearly always on the opposite side to them, it's the same with some other neighbours across the world, Croats and Serbs ect nearly always on different sides.

A group within the Swansea fanbase seemingly aligning with our rivals politically and flying the same flags as our rivals is going to upset a lot of Swansea fans, I don't know why they want to bring loyalist flags, English flags, union jacks (that is mainly associated with England in football) to Swansea games it's bound to upset the apple cart.

We play teams in the same league as us, in the same division as us in the "ENGLISH FOOYBALL LEAGUE"

When did Wales fight a war of independence? Never, Wales the country has never fought a war, the time you refer too was when we were Principalities, not a country.

You say we are nearly always on the opposite side to them but that's just nonsense. We used to be against them but our men and women have been fighting in the British army for a long time now and you know that.

Why can't a Swansea fan have a Union flag with Swansea on it? There is something perverse here but it is not Swansea fans who feel British as much as Welsh.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:25 - Nov 22 with 959 viewsbennytheblue

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:28 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Swansea have been in that mix for as long as I can remember.
In the minds of these people they get results when they fight, and they get battered as well.

Our support had strong links in the late 80’s with Chelsea as an example. Linfield too. They’ve also pitched themselves in home ends like Millwall as per 1985 ish. It’s what young daft men do, and young daft men will continue being daft sometimes when they are older.

We still have young daft men. It’s how it is.

Always thought that was a bit weird, looking from the east….cosying up to Chelsea fans?
Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:28 - Nov 22 with 952 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:38 - Nov 22 by Catullus

We play teams in the same league as us, in the same division as us in the "ENGLISH FOOYBALL LEAGUE"

When did Wales fight a war of independence? Never, Wales the country has never fought a war, the time you refer too was when we were Principalities, not a country.

You say we are nearly always on the opposite side to them but that's just nonsense. We used to be against them but our men and women have been fighting in the British army for a long time now and you know that.

Why can't a Swansea fan have a Union flag with Swansea on it? There is something perverse here but it is not Swansea fans who feel British as much as Welsh.

Do you consider Swansea an English football team? Catullus? Do you thing we should take English nationality to play in their league so as not to cause offence? Football is not an army like the British Army. It is not in the UN. It has no navy no air force.

Flags that represent the area are Welsh flags not English or British flags in football. The English teams are in the main 95.7% of the time sporting rivals.

It is not that surprising some local fans object to Swansea fans flying the flags of the opposition 95.7% of the time.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:49 - Nov 22 with 936 viewsBillyChong

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:25 - Nov 22 by bennytheblue

Always thought that was a bit weird, looking from the east….cosying up to Chelsea fans?

Not as weird as travelling abroad to cosy up with England at the Euro’s
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:51 - Nov 22 with 923 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:49 - Nov 22 by BillyChong

I read WELSH fans joined in with England fans against the foreigners at the Euros.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:56 - Nov 22 with 930 viewsbennytheblue

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:49 - Nov 22 by BillyChong

Lol you do realise Annis is English yeah. I know quite a few cardiff fans who are English, I’d say it’s almost quite common. Lots of English people live in Cardiff, you might not see em out in the provinces your way
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:23 - Nov 22 with 892 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:56 - Nov 22 by bennytheblue

Lol you do realise Annis is English yeah. I know quite a few cardiff fans who are English, I’d say it’s almost quite common. Lots of English people live in Cardiff, you might not see em out in the provinces your way

Actually that’s the issue with a lot of Cardiff fans. When we ran the England swansea supporters we have over 100 England lads with us. Hence the flags !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:34 - Nov 22 with 871 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:56 - Nov 22 by bennytheblue

Isn't he unusual in as much as where his family originate from and apparently his family's religion would be very surprising considering where he comes from, have you ever seen him do the Ayatollah Benny ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:41 - Nov 22 with 851 views73__73

British 100% 🇬🇧
Wales has never been a country.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:43 - Nov 22 with 832 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:41 - Nov 22 by 73__73

British 100% 🇬🇧
Wales has never been a country.

Do you follow Wales ?
If you are Welsh.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:44 - Nov 22 with 831 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:50 - Nov 22 by andrew

I will keep boo’ing the knee until they stop. It’s embarrassing.

Same here. Unfortunately the club seems to be infested with wokism these days.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:50 - Nov 22 with 815 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:28 - Nov 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Do you consider Swansea an English football team? Catullus? Do you thing we should take English nationality to play in their league so as not to cause offence? Football is not an army like the British Army. It is not in the UN. It has no navy no air force.

Flags that represent the area are Welsh flags not English or British flags in football. The English teams are in the main 95.7% of the time sporting rivals.

It is not that surprising some local fans object to Swansea fans flying the flags of the opposition 95.7% of the time.

The UK and thus the Union flag are not our rivals. England are not our sporting rivals. Swansea are a Welsh team playing in the English league by invitation so maybe best not to pee them off too much.

The Union flag is not our opposition. The Union flag represents the UK of which Wales is a part so it represents me and you.

I'm British and Welsh and proud of it, as is, I suspect, every man and woman from these parts who served in the forces. Football isn't an army in the military sense no but JACKARMY!

When all our exiles kids grow up and many don't consider themselves Welsh but support the Swans, you won't catch me moaning.

PS, no I didn't serve.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:54 - Nov 22 with 798 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:43 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Do you follow Wales ?
If you are Welsh.

I’d rather watch paint dry than watch wales play.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:56 - Nov 22 with 792 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:54 - Nov 22 by 73__73

I’d rather watch paint dry than watch wales play.

Ok, club before country or born Welsh follow England ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:58 - Nov 22 with 781 viewsFlashberryjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:44 - Nov 22 by 73__73

Same here. Unfortunately the club seems to be infested with wokism these days.

Watch out
"Swansea City has launched a new discriminatory reporting service for supporters attending matches at the Swansea.com Stadium"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 773 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:56 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Ok, club before country or born Welsh follow England ?

I follow Swansea city fc. I don’t follow England. International football is shite and has been for a while.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 770 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:58 - Nov 22 by Flashberryjack

Watch out
"Swansea City has launched a new discriminatory reporting service for supporters attending matches at the Swansea.com Stadium"

It may help those who are too scared to confront people.
Hopefully if a report is made there will be a period of surveillance before an ejection or arrest is made.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:01 - Nov 22 with 767 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:59 - Nov 22 by 73__73

I follow Swansea city fc. I don’t follow England. International football is shite and has been for a while.

On that we agree.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:03 - Nov 22 with 760 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:00 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

It may help those who are too scared to confront people.
Hopefully if a report is made there will be a period of surveillance before an ejection or arrest is made.

You mean like Kilkenny, Builth and Trampie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024