Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31500 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:22 - Nov 21 with 1345 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:16 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

No union jacks have been on display with swans fans for as long as I have been watching them never a problem before

Since when have you been watching them ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:24 - Nov 21 with 1336 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:35 - Nov 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well every country is like that. England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland didn’t exist originally. They were made up of a number of petty kingdoms that were brought into union either by marriage, inheritance or war to come up with the state of affairs we have in the modern day. If you want things to go back to its original state we’d just have Dyfed and Powys knocking the shit out of each other again forever.

Not correct.

Wales is a nation.
Likewise Scotland and England.

Beware of the Risen People

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:29 - Nov 21 with 1326 viewsTreforys_Jack

Some on here are missing the point, they were clear sectarian flags which have no place in Swansea.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:31 - Nov 21 with 1322 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:22 - Nov 21 by trampie

Since when have you been watching them ?

Since the early 90s
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:51 - Nov 21 with 1284 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:24 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

Not correct.

Wales is a nation.
Likewise Scotland and England.

The UK is a nation according to the United Nations. Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's not real.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:57 - Nov 21 with 1263 viewsBoundy

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2020/09/03/swans-supporters-flags-initiative-contin

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:00 - Nov 21 with 1258 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:35 - Nov 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well every country is like that. England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland didn’t exist originally. They were made up of a number of petty kingdoms that were brought into union either by marriage, inheritance or war to come up with the state of affairs we have in the modern day. If you want things to go back to its original state we’d just have Dyfed and Powys knocking the shit out of each other again forever.

You're wasting your time there. Kilky does not accept anything that doesn't match his view of the world.

Try pointing out to him that Wales was a piece of land made up of several kingdoms who fought amongst themselves and weren't united into one whole country and he'll just tell you you're wrong.

Wales didn't exist in Roman times, when the Silures and Demetae were fighting each other nor when Hywel Dda pledged fealty to Athelstan between 928 and 934 CE. These are facts but kilky never accepts them.

Anyway, thats off topic.

Maybe we should just ban all flags in all parts of the ground if only to stop stupid events like yesterday. Away fans are amazed and entertained in equal amounts when home fans start fighting amongst themselves.

Maybe others on here will see that as a taking away of our rights but if people cannot behave, what else do we do?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:08 - Nov 21 with 1241 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:31 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

Since the early 90s

Was there any union jacks in the early 90s ?, I never seen any in the 70s and 80s, most of the time I was on the North Bank, on the very odd occasion in the double decker next to the away fans, travelled away a lot in cars, mini busses ect, drank in the Pantygwydr would pour out of there at about 10 to 3 often straight into away fans, don't remember them having union jacks as a rule but there you go.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 20:12]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:15 - Nov 21 with 1221 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:00 - Nov 21 by Catullus

You're wasting your time there. Kilky does not accept anything that doesn't match his view of the world.

Try pointing out to him that Wales was a piece of land made up of several kingdoms who fought amongst themselves and weren't united into one whole country and he'll just tell you you're wrong.

Wales didn't exist in Roman times, when the Silures and Demetae were fighting each other nor when Hywel Dda pledged fealty to Athelstan between 928 and 934 CE. These are facts but kilky never accepts them.

Anyway, thats off topic.

Maybe we should just ban all flags in all parts of the ground if only to stop stupid events like yesterday. Away fans are amazed and entertained in equal amounts when home fans start fighting amongst themselves.

Maybe others on here will see that as a taking away of our rights but if people cannot behave, what else do we do?

I’m unsure why anyone responds to him, there are Welsh nationalists on this site who I disagree with but at least they put their point across well.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:18 - Nov 21 with 1211 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:08 - Nov 21 by trampie

Was there any union jacks in the early 90s ?, I never seen any in the 70s and 80s, most of the time I was on the North Bank, on the very odd occasion in the double decker next to the away fans, travelled away a lot in cars, mini busses ect, drank in the Pantygwydr would pour out of there at about 10 to 3 often straight into away fans, don't remember them having union jacks as a rule but there you go.

In the 70's and 80's we had overt racism and rampant hooliganism. Things have changed, improved. Move with the times or get left behind.

PS, if you spent so much time in there you could at least get the name right, Pantygwydr.

Putting flags up wasn't so much of a thing back then was it. Many were scarfers, scarves on wrists too in the 70's.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 1203 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:18 - Nov 21 by Catullus

In the 70's and 80's we had overt racism and rampant hooliganism. Things have changed, improved. Move with the times or get left behind.

PS, if you spent so much time in there you could at least get the name right, Pantygwydr.

Putting flags up wasn't so much of a thing back then was it. Many were scarfers, scarves on wrists too in the 70's.

And Swansea was a Welsh team, it's disappointing if that changes.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:32 - Nov 21 with 1188 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:08 - Nov 21 by trampie

Ok so if someone was in the panty back in the 90s with rangers / Union Jack regalia with you being so vocal would you have had a word with them , now answer this wisely
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:45 - Nov 21 with 1166 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:51 - Nov 21 by Catullus

The UK is a nation according to the United Nations. Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's not real.

Is Wales a country?
Yes, Wales is country and not a Principality. Although Wales shares a border with England and is part of Great Britain, Wales is a country in its own right.

Wales was officially recognised as a country in December 2011 by the influential International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) - but it hasn’t really been a Principality for hundreds of years.

The 'United Kingdom' refers to a political union between, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Although the UK is a fully independent sovereign state, the 4 nations that make it up are also countries in their own right and have a certain extent of autonomy.

I am not going to school you again.
Wales is a country.
UK is sovereign state, but not a country.
The UN has UK on its list of member states - which is correct.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:48 - Nov 21 with 1160 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:15 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

I’m unsure why anyone responds to him, there are Welsh nationalists on this site who I disagree with but at least they put their point across well.

Oh hello - poor dab, too hard for you to understand i know.

Bless.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:26 - Nov 21 with 1127 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:16 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

No union jacks have been on display with swans fans for as long as I have been watching them never a problem before

Well you stated that you consider yourself British and Welsh, so doesn't it intrigue you why people would bring just union jacks and other national flags with link to the Wales at all then?

I understand that some don't care about flags at all, but you did reply when the topic was discussed which suggests you aren't oblivious to the flag debate which some are.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:56 - Nov 21 with 1084 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:29 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

Some on here are missing the point, they were clear sectarian flags which have no place in Swansea.

Only if the owners say they are of course?

If the knee has taught us anything, it has taught us that we don’t get to disagree or be offended by clear political gestures if the people say they don’t think it means that.

We will need to hear from them before we can get offended.

Has to be consistent.

If they say they have changed the meaning to mean equality, then anyone disagreeing with that flag is a racist that is pretending that peace flag means sectarianism.

(…Or something)
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 17:24]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:31 - Nov 21 with 1043 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:32 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

Ok so if someone was in the panty back in the 90s with rangers / Union Jack regalia with you being so vocal would you have had a word with them , now answer this wisely

You mean Rangers/Union Jack types in the Pant full of valley commandos supporting the home team, down the Sandfields on a match day 40 odd years ago who had been supping since 10.30am, I don't think there would be much talking.
I actually remember a Scot asking me to fight him for a fiver on the Kingsway in 81, I don't recall answering back with spoken words.

You weren't going to football in the 70s/80s otherwise if you were you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:44 - Nov 21 with 1024 viewstrampie

I recall commandos going on a jolly boys outing to Porthcawl and coming back and stopping off in a pub in an Anglo town to watch Argentina play England in 86, commandos on the tables singing Argentina Argentina, there was some Argy bargy and guess what Argentina won and the VC (valley commandos) won, that is what you was asking wasn't it ? but the other way around.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:07 - Nov 21 with 1000 viewsowainglyndwr

Something that I was thinking about after yesterdays trouble, not every who turned on the ones waving the flags are nationalists , most of them have got fed up with things being rambed into their faces ..
It came to a head yesterday...but started milling around during the cardiff game.. thank god we won that game otherwise , who knows
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:15 - Nov 21 with 992 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:07 - Nov 21 by owainglyndwr

Something that I was thinking about after yesterdays trouble, not every who turned on the ones waving the flags are nationalists , most of them have got fed up with things being rambed into their faces ..
It came to a head yesterday...but started milling around during the cardiff game.. thank god we won that game otherwise , who knows

No doubt you right.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:19 - Nov 21 with 983 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:31 - Nov 21 by trampie

You mean Rangers/Union Jack types in the Pant full of valley commandos supporting the home team, down the Sandfields on a match day 40 odd years ago who had been supping since 10.30am, I don't think there would be much talking.
I actually remember a Scot asking me to fight him for a fiver on the Kingsway in 81, I don't recall answering back with spoken words.

You weren't going to football in the 70s/80s otherwise if you were you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions.

Well 30 years ago my Saturday would be the Cardiff arms first and on to the panty with the old man and a group of his mates , I was a little bit younger then so he kept me away from the gari and singleton etc and during the winter we both had matching Adidas rangers managers jackets ( probably got them knock off somwhere cheap ) anyway no one ever said a word to him back then about his union type jacket because like you said there wouldn’t be much talking
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:31 - Nov 21 with 965 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:19 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

Well 30 years ago my Saturday would be the Cardiff arms first and on to the panty with the old man and a group of his mates , I was a little bit younger then so he kept me away from the gari and singleton etc and during the winter we both had matching Adidas rangers managers jackets ( probably got them knock off somwhere cheap ) anyway no one ever said a word to him back then about his union type jacket because like you said there wouldn’t be much talking

Why would you have Rangers jackets going to watch the Swans ?, is your father a 'sweaty' ?, even so, even if you are jocks why would you have Rangers gear going to watch the Swans ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:38 - Nov 21 with 952 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:31 - Nov 21 by trampie

Why would you have Rangers jackets going to watch the Swans ?, is your father a 'sweaty' ?, even so, even if you are jocks why would you have Rangers gear going to watch the Swans ?

Don’t know I was young but like I said no one ever questioned him and they were definitely not the only type managers jackets non swans that I used to see at the vetch
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:44 - Nov 21 with 939 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:38 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

Don’t know I was young but like I said no one ever questioned him and they were definitely not the only type managers jackets non swans that I used to see at the vetch

A father and his young whippersnapper son would be quite safe amongst valley commando Swans supporters regardless what they were wearing.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:51 - Nov 21 with 928 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:44 - Nov 21 by trampie

A father and his young whippersnapper son would be quite safe amongst valley commando Swans supporters regardless what they were wearing.

I’m sure he would have been quite safe on his own , anyway people have different views and different loyalties however we are all swans fans the infighting has to stop
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024