Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid passes 09:12 - Jan 7 with 4430 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m bringing 2 of my grandchildren to Saturdays game,and I was wondering what the situation was regarding covid passes?One is 12 and the other one is 13.Do they need to show a pass to get in,or is it just me?
TIA
Covid passes on 09:21 - Jan 7 with 3142 viewsNorthernr

It's only for over 18s I believe.
And frankly I reckon I could have waved a Tesco Clubcard at them and got in, for all the notice they pay to it.
Covid passes on 09:25 - Jan 7 with 3123 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/

“Who can get a digital NHS COVID Pass

If you're aged 16 or over, you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel. People under 16 may need to show a negative test result.

If you're 18 or over, you can also use your digital NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues. People under 18 do not have to show proof of their COVID-19 status for domestic events or venues in England.

If you had your vaccination in the UK or the Isle of Man, it will automatically show on your NHS vaccination record within 5 days.”

Yep over 18’s only. It does say that a negative test ‘may’ be needed if you’re under 16. I guess you’ll need to find QPR’s policy with that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Covid passes on 09:28 - Jan 7 with 3094 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/important-qpr-latest-covid-protocols-101211

Seems to be over 18s only.

Covid passes on 09:35 - Jan 7 with 3071 viewsTacticalR

I notice that the Android version of the NHS app no longer lets you screenshot the screen with the QR code, so you are completely dependent on the phone signal at the ground.

Air hostess clique

Covid passes on 09:50 - Jan 7 with 3019 viewsfrancisbowles

Covid passes on 09:35 - Jan 7 by TacticalR

I notice that the Android version of the NHS app no longer lets you screenshot the screen with the QR code, so you are completely dependent on the phone signal at the ground.

Can you download it as a PDF or something?
Covid passes on 09:52 - Jan 7 with 3015 viewsstowmarketrange

Thanks for the information.Lucky I just checked my pass and it runs out at 1.07am tomorrow morning,so I’ve just renewed it.
Anyone know how we can stay dry during the game when we’re in the family stand?
Covid passes on 09:52 - Jan 7 with 3011 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Screenshot seems to work ok in the app on my phone with the latest update (Android 12?)

Anyway you can add it to your Google Wallet and screenshot that if you want.

Covid passes on 09:54 - Jan 7 with 2998 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Covid passes on 09:50 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

Yes you can although the PDF layout is less ‘phone friendly’. Also there’s an option to send it on an email.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 9:55]

Login to get fewer ads

Covid passes on 09:57 - Jan 7 with 2991 viewsTacticalR

Yes, I just checked and you can still do that.

Air hostess clique

Covid passes on 10:02 - Jan 7 with 2959 viewsTacticalR

Covid passes on 09:52 - Jan 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Screenshot seems to work ok in the app on my phone with the latest update (Android 12?)

Anyway you can add it to your Google Wallet and screenshot that if you want.

My phone is on Android 11, so it looks as though the behaviour is different on different versions of Android.

The NHS app version is 2.1.0.

Air hostess clique

Covid passes on 10:06 - Jan 7 with 2941 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Does it log you out after a time?
If not then do what I do and open it up before you go or in the pub and just leave it as an open window and pull it back up using the ||| button bottom left. I do the same for my season ticket.
Covid passes on 10:08 - Jan 7 with 2933 viewsdaveB

If you add it to your wallet you can do a screenshot from that.
Covid passes on 10:12 - Jan 7 with 2912 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks guys, for the android tips.
Covid passes on 10:23 - Jan 7 with 2884 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Covid passes on 10:02 - Jan 7 by TacticalR

My phone is on Android 11, so it looks as though the behaviour is different on different versions of Android.

The NHS app version is 2.1.0.

Yes I’ve also got NHS app version 2.1.0.

I updated the System to Android 12 last week after getting tired of the nag screens. I updated all the apps at the same time but not sure if the NHS app was one of them. I just tried screenshot again to make sure and it works fine.

Covid passes on 11:37 - Jan 7 with 2763 viewsderbyhoop

We use them all the time in France. To get into bars, restaurants, etc.

It's no great imposition.
I would always have a printed copy; in case of problems with a signal

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Covid passes on 12:18 - Jan 7 with 2688 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes you can print a PDF version, that's what me and Mrs PP did for the Bournemouth game and looked on smugly as people were stood there peering at their phones!

Edit - after reading all that phone techy nonsense above, I'm sticking to the good old fashioned paper version - no signal required!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 12:20]
Covid passes on 12:37 - Jan 7 with 2655 viewsmikechaj

I emailed the club as I found the Covid passport ‘check’ completely laughable.
There was no check to link ID with the content on the phone screen so it could have been anyone’s.
This was the response:
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Covid-19 status checks that were in place. While I understand your comments about verifying IDs against a Covid-19 certificate, in practice this would cause significant delays for spectators getting into the ground and lead to potential disorder and aggression towards staff.
I emailed again to point out that the current process of checking was no more reassuring to supporters who want to ensure they are sitting next to vaccinated people than no check at all.
I haven’t had any further response…
Covid passes on 12:52 - Jan 7 with 2624 viewslondonscottish

Covid passes on 09:52 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Thanks for the information.Lucky I just checked my pass and it runs out at 1.07am tomorrow morning,so I’ve just renewed it.
Anyone know how we can stay dry during the game when we’re in the family stand?

That depends on your row.

I'm Row L and stay dry as does every one behind me.

Row K's a bit marginal

I'd say anything from Row J to Row A = getting wet.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Covid passes on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 2518 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Covid passes on 12:37 - Jan 7 by mikechaj

There was no check to link ID with the content on the phone screen so it could have been anyone’s.
This was the response:
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Covid-19 status checks that were in place. While I understand your comments about verifying IDs against a Covid-19 certificate, in practice this would cause significant delays for spectators getting into the ground and lead to potential disorder and aggression towards staff.
I emailed again to point out that the current process of checking was no more reassuring to supporters who want to ensure they are sitting next to vaccinated people than no check at all.

What do you think could be done better?

I think it has worked to a certain degree in that more people now have valid vaccine passes but not sure it makes a lot of difference. I’m boostered now so what difference does it make if I have a passport or not? As you say if people really want to evade the rules it’s not that hard. I don’t think there’s a perfect solution for everyone unfortunately.

Covid passes on 14:14 - Jan 7 with 2511 viewsNorthernr

Struggling to get enough stewards already. We all saw what happened at Millwall on the opening day with even a slight change/delay. If they enforced this properly you'd either have to get to the ground before 2pm or you'd be lucky to see half time.
Covid passes on 14:30 - Jan 7 with 2487 viewsTacticalR

This was the response:

You could say the same about any venue in the country. QR codes weren't designed for people to look at, let alone look at quickly.

Previous comment on this last month:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/279749/4344480/va

Air hostess clique

Covid passes on 14:58 - Jan 7 with 2448 viewsPinnerPaul

This was the response:

tbf the club have a point, I believe there ARE specific readers that could check ID against your NH record, but slower and more expensive for the club I guess.

Also club (and government) have said that you CAN enter with proof of a negative test without being vaccinated, so the answer is that no you can't be sure that the person next you is vaccinated, but pre covid the person next to you could have ANY infectious condition and you wouldn't know about it and indeed still could!
Covid passes on 15:55 - Jan 7 with 2386 viewsfrancisbowles

Covid passes on 14:10 - Jan 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

What do you think could be done better?

I think it has worked to a certain degree in that more people now have valid vaccine passes but not sure it makes a lot of difference. I’m boostered now so what difference does it make if I have a passport or not? As you say if people really want to evade the rules it’s not that hard. I don’t think there’s a perfect solution for everyone unfortunately.

Programme it into the booking system. That is register the pass with the club in advance of the match and club store it on the turnstile system. When you scan in, no pass on system no automatic admission. You will then need to get pass or proof of negative test checked before being let in.
Covid passes on 16:37 - Jan 7 with 2314 views81A

I wonder how the 10,000 attendance threshold works ? Does it mean that the legal requirement for the club to check Covid passports won't apply tomorrow but will for the Baggies the following week ?
Covid passes on 17:03 - Jan 7 with 2273 viewsPinnerPaul

Covid passes on 15:55 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

Programme it into the booking system. That is register the pass with the club in advance of the match and club store it on the turnstile system. When you scan in, no pass on system no automatic admission. You will then need to get pass or proof of negative test checked before being let in.

EXCEPT some/most? passes only last 48 hrs, so in effect you're getting everyone (inc away fans?) to do that for every match.

You would need a marquee the size of the pitch to house all the extra box office staff needed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024