Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid passes 09:12 - Jan 7 with 4431 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m bringing 2 of my grandchildren to Saturdays game,and I was wondering what the situation was regarding covid passes?One is 12 and the other one is 13.Do they need to show a pass to get in,or is it just me?
TIA
Covid passes on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 1256 viewsPinnerPaul

Covid passes on 16:37 - Jan 7 by 81A

I wonder how the 10,000 attendance threshold works ? Does it mean that the legal requirement for the club to check Covid passports won't apply tomorrow but will for the Baggies the following week ?

I think they said it was 'expected' attendance based on size of the ground and usual attendance I guess.

Not sure covid, unlike me, steers clear of the FA Cup!
Covid passes on 17:23 - Jan 7 with 1213 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Covid passes on 17:03 - Jan 7 by PinnerPaul

EXCEPT some/most? passes only last 48 hrs, so in effect you're getting everyone (inc away fans?) to do that for every match.

You would need a marquee the size of the pitch to house all the extra box office staff needed!

I think Brighton had an extra layer of checks where they contacted everyone going to the match beforehand. I can’t remember how it worked though or if they’re still doing it. Also I’d imagine they have more resources than we do.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 17:24]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Covid passes on 17:43 - Jan 7 with 1165 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Covid passes on 17:23 - Jan 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

I think Brighton had an extra layer of checks where they contacted everyone going to the match beforehand. I can’t remember how it worked though or if they’re still doing it. Also I’d imagine they have more resources than we do.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 17:24]

This is it.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2409008/plan-b-what-are-the-changes

You need to bring Photo ID apparently as well as the Covid passport. Also fill in a pre-match online covid registration form.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Covid passes on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 1109 viewsfrancisbowles

EXCEPT some/most? passes only last 48 hrs, so in effect you're getting everyone (inc away fans?) to do that for every match.

You would need a marquee the size of the pitch to house all the extra box office staff needed!

Should be possible to set up a self register scheme that involves no input from box office staff. The work would be in the design and installation to get a programme set up and working.
Covid passes on 19:47 - Jan 7 with 1034 viewsWhip_It

Or better still, we could give up the whole idea of inventing unworkable, crazy schemes to vet people trying to watch a football game and get back to some kind of balanced perspective.
Covid passes on 20:33 - Jan 7 with 1000 viewsMatch82

I don't see your last para being a problem we all know there's plenty of room at loftus road to dig down...
Covid passes on 10:06 - Jan 9 with 862 viewsPinnerPaul

Covid passes on 18:38 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

Should be possible to set up a self register scheme that involves no input from box office staff. The work would be in the design and installation to get a programme set up and working.

First sentence is easy to write less easy to actually do and the 2nd, even if possible, would probably be finished by the the time the pandemic is 'over'

Lets just leave it as it is , a good old British 'fudge' that creates the appearance of doing 'something' whilst actually not being of any real benefit at all!
Covid passes on 10:29 - Jan 9 with 825 viewsNortholt_Rs

Covid passes on 12:37 - Jan 7 by mikechaj

I emailed the club as I found the Covid passport ‘check’ completely laughable.
There was no check to link ID with the content on the phone screen so it could have been anyone’s.
This was the response:
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Covid-19 status checks that were in place. While I understand your comments about verifying IDs against a Covid-19 certificate, in practice this would cause significant delays for spectators getting into the ground and lead to potential disorder and aggression towards staff.
I emailed again to point out that the current process of checking was no more reassuring to supporters who want to ensure they are sitting next to vaccinated people than no check at all.
I haven’t had any further response…

So no different to being near other people on the street, in shops, restaurants, pubs, on the train/bus, at work or anywhere else. If you are truly that terrified I guess it’s best to avoid going to any match….or leaving your house at all.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid passes on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 800 viewsLythamR

Covid passes on 10:29 - Jan 9 by Northolt_Rs

So no different to being near other people on the street, in shops, restaurants, pubs, on the train/bus, at work or anywhere else. If you are truly that terrified I guess it’s best to avoid going to any match….or leaving your house at all.

It is different though to be fair
in a shop or on public transport you are not likely to be in close proximity to another person or people for 90 minutes plus with the potential for not only talking but singing and shouting

I take your point about risk, nowhere is going to be completely safe, everyone has to make their own decision about risk/reward
Covid passes on 10:56 - Jan 9 with 773 viewsdavman

Can't blame the club too much on this; the gvmt has, once again, fired from the hip with no practical guidance on how to ensure that people entering have been vaxxed. I "play the game" here like many of you, have been triple vaxxed, have the cards they gave out at the time and can get a passport.

I also know that there are others who don't believe in the vaccine, or believe in some cock and bull great conspiracy who will, no doubt, have their way of "breaking the system". These people have already decided that COVID is a fallacy and relinquished any responsibility to others, so a simple stop and look will not stop them getting in.

As always, it is up to each of us to risk assess. If you're worried, don't go, if your not see you next week.

No-one else will help you, you have access to whatever "facts" you want to believe, so go with it.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024