Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No court action? 15:20 - Feb 15 with 13488 viewsChief

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-club-statement-0

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

No court action? on 05:53 - Feb 16 with 1678 viewsSTID2017

No court action? on 18:11 - Feb 15 by Chief

Unlikely. The trust is finished. The membership will go to zero.

Should have added an "IMHO" to that
You have no basis for stating that as "The membership will go to zero" as fact.
Many ( as clear from discussions on here and on the other forum, as well as other social media) agree with the outcome as being the best solution and will therefore stay or even join the Trust

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

No court action? on 06:05 - Feb 16 with 1665 viewsguthrieintherain

No court action? on 05:53 - Feb 16 by STID2017

Many ( as clear from discussions on here and on the other forum, as well as other social media) agree with the outcome as being the best solution and will therefore stay or even join the Trust

I have read both this thread and the one on the other site.

And have seen very little support for the trust regards this decision

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

No court action? on 06:19 - Feb 16 with 1644 viewsSTID2017

No court action? on 06:05 - Feb 16 by guthrieintherain

I have read both this thread and the one on the other site.

And have seen very little support for the trust regards this decision

My main point is that there are people from both camps on social media posting opinions.
Also obviously this is breaking news so those against the deal made will be raw and angry
Eventually, as with everything else ( remember the furore when the Yanks took over ) apathy will rule and many will remain in the Trust, whilst others will join.
So Chief cannot categorically state that membership will go to zero as if it is fact ?

No court action? on 06:32 - Feb 16 with 1633 views3swan

No court action? on 06:19 - Feb 16 by STID2017

My main point is that there are people from both camps on social media posting opinions.
Also obviously this is breaking news so those against the deal made will be raw and angry
Eventually, as with everything else ( remember the furore when the Yanks took over ) apathy will rule and many will remain in the Trust, whilst others will join.
So Chief cannot categorically state that membership will go to zero as if it is fact ?

I doubt Chief would actually think zero but used it as a phrase to emphasise how low the membership could go.
I believe the same. It is raw at the moment and we don't know if postings are from members or not. Apathy has set in over the years since the sale, as fans want to support the club. Can the same be said of the Trust, will members still renew or just feel let down that they were not communicated with before the agreement was signed.
It's much easier to walk away from the Trust than the club.or

Edit

Predictive text
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 6:35]
No court action? on 06:48 - Feb 16 with 1590 viewsSTID2017

No court action? on 06:32 - Feb 16 by 3swan

I doubt Chief would actually think zero but used it as a phrase to emphasise how low the membership could go.
I believe the same. It is raw at the moment and we don't know if postings are from members or not. Apathy has set in over the years since the sale, as fans want to support the club. Can the same be said of the Trust, will members still renew or just feel let down that they were not communicated with before the agreement was signed.
It's much easier to walk away from the Trust than the club.or

Edit

Predictive text
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 6:35]

"It's much easier to walk away from the Trust than the club"
Very true
Has the Trust in it's current form outlived it's original mandate and is no longer "fit for purpose"
Given that IMHO the voice we as fans will have at boardroom level will never be as strong as it was in the early 2000's and in the golden period prior to the sale to the Yanks, I think this may be the case.
The only way the Trust and their monies would be of any use is if the club reached a "nadir" situation again ( as we did in the mid 1970's, mid 1980's and of course when Petty got involved)
I hope as do we all, that we never have to reach those depths again
If the Trust is dissolved then personally I would like to see any remaining funds used to create some sort of a last legacy to benefit those less able in the Swans fanbase community ( whether that be financially allowing those who cannot afford it to enjoy a luxury trip away to watch Swans for example or making it possible for a group of elderly or disabled to enjoy matches in the hospitality lounges maybe ?)

No court action? on 07:02 - Feb 16 with 1576 views3swan

No court action? on 06:48 - Feb 16 by STID2017

"It's much easier to walk away from the Trust than the club"
Very true
Has the Trust in it's current form outlived it's original mandate and is no longer "fit for purpose"
Given that IMHO the voice we as fans will have at boardroom level will never be as strong as it was in the early 2000's and in the golden period prior to the sale to the Yanks, I think this may be the case.
The only way the Trust and their monies would be of any use is if the club reached a "nadir" situation again ( as we did in the mid 1970's, mid 1980's and of course when Petty got involved)
I hope as do we all, that we never have to reach those depths again
If the Trust is dissolved then personally I would like to see any remaining funds used to create some sort of a last legacy to benefit those less able in the Swans fanbase community ( whether that be financially allowing those who cannot afford it to enjoy a luxury trip away to watch Swans for example or making it possible for a group of elderly or disabled to enjoy matches in the hospitality lounges maybe ?)

Can't disagree with any of that. The voice had been diluted over the years, and imo was only used by the club when needed. If the court case had been won then at least there would have been a sizeable sum in reserve if needed. In today's world £1m can't save a club. Maybe it's not now fit for purpose, as not only have the fans been losing a voice in the club but now losing a voice in the Trust
No court action? on 07:14 - Feb 16 with 1560 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’m sure you just read what you want to read. Who on earth is praising this outcome?

You just like to argue with posters you don’t like so take ridiculous positions and nit pick. How about you leave all that nonsense to one side and actually present an honest position?

You are getting influenced by certain individuals on this forum who have trolled it for years, they know who they are.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 7:33]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

No court action? on 07:48 - Feb 16 with 1529 viewsChief

I can't categorically state that as fact!

Login to get fewer ads

No court action? on 07:50 - Feb 16 with 1527 viewsChief

Well I don't know where you get 'many' from. I've counted 1.

No court action? on 07:54 - Feb 16 with 1525 viewsChief

No court action? on 07:14 - Feb 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m sure you just read what you want to read. Who on earth is praising this outcome?

You just like to argue with posters you don’t like so take ridiculous positions and nit pick. How about you leave all that nonsense to one side and actually present an honest position?

You are getting influenced by certain individuals on this forum who have trolled it for years, they know who they are.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 7:33]

Haha yea very weird aspect of this is to pick up on my 'zero' comment.

It's obvious that vast majority of people think this is a bad deal.

No court action? on 08:50 - Feb 16 with 1480 viewslibertyx

Disgusted with the way the Trust have carried out this betrayal of trust supporters.. Legal action was voted for and should have been carried out or at least gone back to memership with new proposal.
I and several of my friends are older Swans fans 50+ years supporting our club. All members from signing up at the Patti Pavilion. We have now taken the decision that this new trust board agenda was not what the trust was set up to do. We will not be renewing trust membership in the future.
No court action? on 09:10 - Feb 16 with 1454 viewsmajorraglan

No court action? on 08:50 - Feb 16 by libertyx

Disgusted with the way the Trust have carried out this betrayal of trust supporters.. Legal action was voted for and should have been carried out or at least gone back to memership with new proposal.
I and several of my friends are older Swans fans 50+ years supporting our club. All members from signing up at the Patti Pavilion. We have now taken the decision that this new trust board agenda was not what the trust was set up to do. We will not be renewing trust membership in the future.

Totally get where your coming from, but what should happen is everyone should join and vote the current lot out on block. Tbh I am disgusted with what’s happened.
No court action? on 09:19 - Feb 16 with 1440 viewsWhiterockin

Firstly I stopped my membership of the trust several years ago as I felt that were out of touch with what the fans/members wanted. Nothing since has prompted me to rejoin. The trust now seems to be just another shareholder with the trust board making their decisions like a dictatorship. Why should supporters pay an annual membership, we do not pay it to the other shareholders that we do not have any input into. The trust board have their financial security with this deal and can enjoy the directorship perks, so why should members pay any fees. In fact why should members be members, can someone please explain.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

No court action? on 09:44 - Feb 16 with 1383 viewsDewi1jack

I was vociferous on the first vote in favour of legal action.
And on the 2nd

I challenged this Trust board on the idea of them selling out on their own bat with no recourse to the membership.

I bought worthless shares when our club offered them down the vetch, (at least think it was the club, memory problems! Still have the certificate somewhere), prior to the Trust, have been onboard since.
Was around when the bucket collections were going.

If things do go pear shaped again, nearly everyone is going to blame the Trust for not going to court and have the chance of a war chest of £21 million to save our club in it's time of need.
Then the b'stards that have stabbed us in the back yet again, will be forgotten

I have no confidence in the Trust anymore.
I'm out, after all these years.
And that upsets me.
Hey ho. Life goes on.
I'll still watch the Swans.

And i'll probably be exceptionally worried again if it does all go pear shaped.
But, I'll remember the b'stards who put us in that position and maybe won't give a 🟨 anymore either.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

No court action? on 09:50 - Feb 16 with 1365 views3swan

No court action? on 09:19 - Feb 16 by Whiterockin

Firstly I stopped my membership of the trust several years ago as I felt that were out of touch with what the fans/members wanted. Nothing since has prompted me to rejoin. The trust now seems to be just another shareholder with the trust board making their decisions like a dictatorship. Why should supporters pay an annual membership, we do not pay it to the other shareholders that we do not have any input into. The trust board have their financial security with this deal and can enjoy the directorship perks, so why should members pay any fees. In fact why should members be members, can someone please explain.

I wish I could. I was a firm believer in the Trust but did not renew this season. From the moment the Trust was side lined even with a 21% holding, I could see a reason to be a member, now imo there's nothing just a token gesture that means very little.
No court action? on 10:00 - Feb 16 with 1337 viewsVincent_Vega

I've read the thread on here and the other site, I'll listen to the forum on Thursday and if it isn't possible to have a vote of no confidence then I'll be handing back my membership for what its worth.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

No court action? on 10:25 - Feb 16 with 1303 viewsAlgorfajack

No court action? on 10:00 - Feb 16 by Vincent_Vega

I've read the thread on here and the other site, I'll listen to the forum on Thursday and if it isn't possible to have a vote of no confidence then I'll be handing back my membership for what its worth.

#metoo

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

No court action? on 10:48 - Feb 16 with 1254 viewsonehunglow

I recall being ostracised for questioning the Trust even why we needed one in the first place.
We were ALL urged to join. I did.

Sadly, it really does show how deeply duplicitious many of us are when it come to big money.

I wanted the sale but had no idea these jerks would put no money of their own into the club to move us to the next level. For that many of us were also derided.

We need to somehow unite and quit the infighting. It has killed the club many times.

These forums show how bad we are.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No court action? on 11:29 - Feb 16 with 1210 viewsDewi1jack

No court action? on 10:48 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

I recall being ostracised for questioning the Trust even why we needed one in the first place.
We were ALL urged to join. I did.

Sadly, it really does show how deeply duplicitious many of us are when it come to big money.

I wanted the sale but had no idea these jerks would put no money of their own into the club to move us to the next level. For that many of us were also derided.

We need to somehow unite and quit the infighting. It has killed the club many times.

These forums show how bad we are.

" We need to somehow unite and quit the infighting. It has killed the club many times."

What a few of us have been pushing since the 1st vote options came out.
Think it's more true now the fan base has been sold down the swanee twice in 6 or 7 years (since the sale)
So we have common enemies there!

Had no problem with the sale and our previous owners to make money, providing it was on terms not detrimental to the Trust.
Our fears at the time seem to have come true. The Trust has been stitched by that sale. Now stitched again by the current Trust board

We need a common cause and it's not unload the yeehaas. Who IMHO, seem to be trying to get the club financially viable.
Singing the Welsh national anthem over GSTQ last Sunday was a show of how we do come together now and again!

Hopefully our common cause doesn't become a "Petty? Silver Shield" scenario, because quite frankly I believe that many of our older fans who "been there. Done that." may not be on board next time, remembering how it has all turned out now.

I hope to F**k I'm wrong
Accounts may prove me wrong.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

No court action? on 11:49 - Feb 16 with 1191 viewsguthrieintherain

No court action? on 10:25 - Feb 16 by Algorfajack

#metoo

Me 3 the Trust means nothing to me the club everything.

They can stick their £10 where the sun don,'t shine.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 11:52]

No court action? on 13:33 - Feb 16 with 1064 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust made one massive mistake they could not correct.

In 2016 with a x100 return on their investment (10,000% gain). They had to sell but did not. They were worth £21m and could have cashed in at least.
​
The stated they did not want to sell . A horrible mistake. The management of the Trust at that time made it not he Trust board of today, No one else but them to blame in my opinion.

All is not lost. A return to the PL sees them back in clover as Inflation has outrun dilution.

Wise sage since Toshack era

No court action? on 13:42 - Feb 16 with 1040 viewsWhiterockin

No court action? on 13:33 - Feb 16 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust made one massive mistake they could not correct.

In 2016 with a x100 return on their investment (10,000% gain). They had to sell but did not. They were worth £21m and could have cashed in at least.
​
The stated they did not want to sell . A horrible mistake. The management of the Trust at that time made it not he Trust board of today, No one else but them to blame in my opinion.

All is not lost. A return to the PL sees them back in clover as Inflation has outrun dilution.

Wrong the trust board of today made the decision on this agreement against the wishes of the membership. They are to blame, this is not finished.

No court action? on 14:01 - Feb 16 with 1012 viewsReslovenSwan1

No court action? on 13:42 - Feb 16 by Whiterockin

Wrong the trust board of today made the decision on this agreement against the wishes of the membership. They are to blame, this is not finished.

The membership voted for legal action knowing full well they could not fund it. It is a complex business putting an unacceptable load on volunteers.

Member did not understand the concept of "last resort".

The members are to blame for this debacle.

Wise sage since Toshack era

No court action? on 14:11 - Feb 16 with 1004 viewsguthrieintherain

No court action? on 13:42 - Feb 16 by Whiterockin

They are saying it could not go to another vote due to confidentiality clauses.

But they had already had 2 votes so cannot see why a 3rd one could go ahead.

Sure they will have a well rehearsed load of bull to trot out.

The truth of it though is the Trust is a laughing stock with an ever dwindling membership.

Only 60% of 1200 members even voted last time about 700 approx.

Out of principal though the current board members should receive a vote of no confidence what they have done stinks and in my opinion makes them as bad if not worse than the sellouts back in 2016.

Guardians of the club my arse.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 14:13]

No court action? on 14:15 - Feb 16 with 990 viewsWhiterockin

No court action? on 14:11 - Feb 16 by guthrieintherain

They are saying it could not go to another vote due to confidentiality clauses.

But they had already had 2 votes so cannot see why a 3rd one could go ahead.

Sure they will have a well rehearsed load of bull to trot out.

The truth of it though is the Trust is a laughing stock with an ever dwindling membership.

Only 60% of 1200 members even voted last time about 700 approx.

Out of principal though the current board members should receive a vote of no confidence what they have done stinks and in my opinion makes them as bad if not worse than the sellouts back in 2016.

Guardians of the club my arse.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 14:13]

This is along the lines of my thinking as well, the current trust board could end up as popular as the sell outs. But without the financial benefits, unless..........

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024