Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? 14:11 - Jul 26 with 2490 viewskel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-62301091

Aren’t rugger boys supposed to be more respectful than footballers who showed huge support for a footballer recently coming out?
Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 14:37 - Jul 26 with 2430 viewsDaleiLama

Sfairesphobia is the fear of balls and spherical objects ......... make of that what you will?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 19:37 - Jul 26 with 2208 viewsEllDale

It’s difficult to say in this country.
On the one hand Hull KR have just been fined following alleged homophobic chanting from the their fans.
On the other most people have been very supportive of Super League referee James Child who came out over the winter and who married his husband the other week.
I believe that it’s very different in Australia where up to 30% of top flight players have South Sea heritage and apparently as a result tend to hold firmer religious views on many modern issues.
Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 19:49 - Jul 26 with 2185 viewsD_Alien

Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 14:37 - Jul 26 by DaleiLama

Sfairesphobia is the fear of balls and spherical objects ......... make of that what you will?

To be sfaire, we're all descended from Homo Erectus

[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 19:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 19:49 - Jul 26 with 2183 viewsNigeriamark

Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 19:37 - Jul 26 by EllDale

It’s difficult to say in this country.
On the one hand Hull KR have just been fined following alleged homophobic chanting from the their fans.
On the other most people have been very supportive of Super League referee James Child who came out over the winter and who married his husband the other week.
I believe that it’s very different in Australia where up to 30% of top flight players have South Sea heritage and apparently as a result tend to hold firmer religious views on many modern issues.

All "Macho" team sports have this issue & it does the rounds of Journo news stories on a regular basis

A number of these religious rugby players who are anti gay are very quick to trot this out as a reason to speak out. However when their colleagues batter their wives or kids which I would assume is also against religious beliefs, they stay very quiet & continue to play with these said colleagues
Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 19:59 - Jul 26 with 2155 viewsEllDale

Very true, I couldn’t agree more.
Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 20:00 - Jul 26 with 2155 viewsjudd

I read somewhere that Australia is currently twinned with the 1960s

Poll: What is it to be then?

Does rugby have a problem with homophobia? on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 2011 viewsdownunder

It is not Rugby that has the problem IMHO, it is religion. Ironic that the same players play regularly on Sunday, as well as the point Nigeria Mark makes. it was not too long ago that there was an abuse cover up by the Australian Catholic Church. NZ has similar issues, with an abuse cover up in a religious school, plus we have to put up with Bishop Tamaki and his Destiny Church, the Gloriavale Cooperites, and several other "cults".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024