Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plastic beer glasses 06:37 - Sep 16 with 2838 viewsDale_4_Life

Does anybody know why we were having to drink from Plastic single use pint glasses in the bar on Tuesday night?

I really hope this was a one off and we are back to glass next home game.
Plastic beer glasses on 09:00 - Sep 16 with 2727 viewskel

Have you considered contacting the club?
Plastic beer glasses on 10:14 - Sep 16 with 2623 viewsdingdangblue

Might be cheaper to buy throwaway plastic ones than the water and electricity to keep washing them?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Plastic beer glasses on 12:48 - Sep 16 with 2460 viewsD_Alien

Plastic beer glasses on 10:14 - Sep 16 by dingdangblue

Might be cheaper to buy throwaway plastic ones than the water and electricity to keep washing them?

I'm not an environmental nut or owt, but surely it's just adding to environmental damage to use single-use plastics? One of the key determinants of the Fair Play League push to increase revenues from the Premier League (hopefully included in the delayed Tracy Couch legislation) is that clubs need to score highly on environmental sustainability

We've gone some way to doing this already, for instance, with the new floodlight bulbs and perhaps other measures, but a move to permanent use of plastics would count against us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Plastic beer glasses on 13:42 - Sep 16 with 2371 viewsJames1980

Plastic beer glasses on 12:48 - Sep 16 by D_Alien

I'm not an environmental nut or owt, but surely it's just adding to environmental damage to use single-use plastics? One of the key determinants of the Fair Play League push to increase revenues from the Premier League (hopefully included in the delayed Tracy Couch legislation) is that clubs need to score highly on environmental sustainability

We've gone some way to doing this already, for instance, with the new floodlight bulbs and perhaps other measures, but a move to permanent use of plastics would count against us

There are some alright reusable plastic glasses these days. Not the same as the real thing but passable.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Plastic beer glasses on 13:47 - Sep 16 with 2361 viewsDale_4_Life

Plastic beer glasses on 09:00 - Sep 16 by kel

Have you considered contacting the club?

Not yet I thought someone on here might know the answer.

There could be a perfectly reasonable answer. Let's hope it's a one off.

I have two main issues. The obvious environmental one plus having attended games for several decades we are quite unique when at the ground we can have a proper pint in a proper glass pint glass. I tell this to anyone who will listen and most agree it's an attractive proposition not seen at many league grounds in this day and age.
Plastic beer glasses on 14:49 - Sep 16 with 2277 viewsD_Alien

Plastic beer glasses on 13:42 - Sep 16 by James1980

There are some alright reusable plastic glasses these days. Not the same as the real thing but passable.

Perhaps James, but then they'd have to be washed, thus negating the point by ddb that i responded to

Plastic beer glasses on 18:43 - Sep 16 with 2051 viewsDaleBars

Hello,
I will certainly answer your question. Last season Ratcliffe, Dale Bar & Carlsberg/Pearl Street was all using plastic.

This season changes have been made to introduce glasses back on the bars. All bars did start on glasses. However few little changes have been made, mainly down to security and safety. I will explain.

Ratcliffe and Dale Bar are both on glasses before kick off, unless we do get over run. Which we use plastic whilst we recoup the glasses. It was changed by security to use only plastic at half time in both bars. The reason behind this is because glasses could make their way into the ground. At full time both bars are back on glasses.

Carlsberg/Pearl Street. We introduced glasses on the opening game of the season but due to a altercation it was best practice to use plastics from now on. .This is because of safety and with the Pearl street being the designated family stand. Discussions are on going to possibly introduce glasses in the future. But again we do have the security/safety that glasses could make their way into the stands.

Hopefully this will explain and kinda make sense. If you would like to discuss further I can be found in the Ratcliffe/Dale Bar or ask a member of staff and they will contact us.

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Plastic beer glasses on 18:49 - Sep 16 with 2037 viewsD_Alien

Plastic beer glasses on 18:43 - Sep 16 by DaleBars

Hello,
I will certainly answer your question. Last season Ratcliffe, Dale Bar & Carlsberg/Pearl Street was all using plastic.

This season changes have been made to introduce glasses back on the bars. All bars did start on glasses. However few little changes have been made, mainly down to security and safety. I will explain.

Ratcliffe and Dale Bar are both on glasses before kick off, unless we do get over run. Which we use plastic whilst we recoup the glasses. It was changed by security to use only plastic at half time in both bars. The reason behind this is because glasses could make their way into the ground. At full time both bars are back on glasses.

Carlsberg/Pearl Street. We introduced glasses on the opening game of the season but due to a altercation it was best practice to use plastics from now on. .This is because of safety and with the Pearl street being the designated family stand. Discussions are on going to possibly introduce glasses in the future. But again we do have the security/safety that glasses could make their way into the stands.

Hopefully this will explain and kinda make sense. If you would like to discuss further I can be found in the Ratcliffe/Dale Bar or ask a member of staff and they will contact us.

Brilliant that this has been picked up and answered by the club, a real positive i think, and makes sense now we have an explanation

Such a shame that the club have to take these measures due to a very small number of tools who just can't behave themselves - the sooner they're gone the better, they're not fans

Login to get fewer ads

Plastic beer glasses on 19:08 - Sep 16 with 2001 viewsDaleBars

Plastic beer glasses on 18:49 - Sep 16 by D_Alien

Brilliant that this has been picked up and answered by the club, a real positive i think, and makes sense now we have an explanation

Such a shame that the club have to take these measures due to a very small number of tools who just can't behave themselves - the sooner they're gone the better, they're not fans

Thank you for your reply but I can’t comment on all the details, but the fans are long term Dale supporter's of the club. It was not their fault which lead to the altercation. But safety is paramount and actions have been addressed.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 19:10]

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Plastic beer glasses on 19:14 - Sep 16 with 1987 viewsD_Alien

Plastic beer glasses on 19:08 - Sep 16 by DaleBars

Thank you for your reply but I can’t comment on all the details, but the fans are long term Dale supporter's of the club. It was not their fault which lead to the altercation. But safety is paramount and actions have been addressed.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 19:10]

Sorry, to clarify, i meant those who seek to take glasses into the ground

Any of us can find ourselves involved in an altercation, despite not looking for one but unfortunately there are some who do

Thanks for your replies

Plastic beer glasses on 19:34 - Sep 16 with 1959 viewsDaleiLama

How wonderful is it that a Friday night discussion about the choice of material the beer-drinking receptacles are made of at the club is the biggest off field concern (flares excluded), versus wondering if we'd even have any bars to drink them from not so very long ago.

#skiffgate
#happycontentedsigh

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Plastic beer glasses on 20:42 - Sep 16 with 1878 viewsBlueMessiah

Plastic beer glasses on 19:34 - Sep 16 by DaleiLama

How wonderful is it that a Friday night discussion about the choice of material the beer-drinking receptacles are made of at the club is the biggest off field concern (flares excluded), versus wondering if we'd even have any bars to drink them from not so very long ago.

#skiffgate
#happycontentedsigh

Totally agree, but wouldn't it also be nice if we don't find this forum once again descending into the pre-Morton House environment of petty spats and bitchiness.

I feel we should be better than that after what we've all been through.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Plastic beer glasses on 13:22 - Sep 17 with 1574 viewsDale_4_Life

Plastic beer glasses on 18:43 - Sep 16 by DaleBars

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

So the Crewe game there was one incident that led to wholesale changes? Seems a bit knee jerk given it's widely acknowledged that single use plastics are generally bad!.

I used to encourage friends out of the pub to get to the ground for a couple pre match. I think now we will have the extra pint in the pub and get to the turnstile at 2.50.

I am not sure this has been thought through properly and I would like to ask you to reconsider the decision.
Plastic beer glasses on 13:25 - Sep 17 with 1572 viewsDale_4_Life

In over 25 years of drinking at the club I honestly can't think of one glass related incident at all - Not One!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024