Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED 19:07 - Nov 9 with 8839 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the last game before the World Cup and it is another trip north for Swansea City. Third time lucky in recent times for three points ?

Ref :BEN TONER
Lino’s :Graham Kane and Philip Dermott
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Ben Toner yesterday

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58994/anti-football-hudd

Jack Info
Parking at Gasworks Street Car Park.
Spaces are charged at £5 but cannot be purchased on the day. Spaces can be booked in advance by calling (01484) 960 606. Further away — a ten minute walk from the stadium — is Turnbridge Working Men’s Club on St Andrew’s road. The club welcomes away fans and supporters are also able to park here.

Turnbridge Club and Car Parking

A couple before the match ?
Located in Huddersfield Railway Station sits The Head of Steam public house is an excellent place,to meet and has a full range of beers. The venue has direct entrances from Platform 1 and St. George’s Square. The Head of Steam Huddersfield has become a firm favourite with commuters and locals alike. They do a great Pie,mash,peas and gravy for a tenner.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58978/swansea-city-play-

Huddersfield Town: Lee Nicholls, Luke Mbete, Sorba Thomas, Jordan Rhodes, Josh Ruffels, Kaine Kesler-Hayden, David Kasumu, Jack Rudoni, Ben Jackson, Tom Lees (captain), Michal Helik.

Substitutes: Nicholas Bilokapic, Connor Mahoney, Duane Holmes, Brodie Spencer, Brahima Diarra, Loick Ayina, Danny Ward.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Michael Obafemi, Jamie Paterson, Luke Cundle, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 10:15 - Nov 13 with 1147 viewsjack247

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 10:00 - Nov 13 by vetchonian

Very valid points...yesterday wasnt the first time a team has parked the bus against us and it won't be the last so our football visionary manager needs to find a way around that.

Reading between the lines of Cats posts questions need again to be asked of our selection and tactics in the day. Again this isn't the first time these things have been said.
Yes my thoughts on Martin are well known many will defend him as going into the break we find ourselves joint sixth yet not long ago we were 4th.
Yesterday's football was also not an entertaining watch...do people really believe Martin has it to change yhings

We are still persevering with a CB at WB despite having Finn Steven's on loan why didnt we start the game with boko flex and Pato from the off and take the game to them?
As those of you who post or read the other forums will know many fans are not if supporting of our coach as mist on here and are questioning his ability and tactics I would ask those who are his ardent supporters as post he is a good manager quantify that what are the attributes and performance indicators that say he is or maybe will be

I think there’s a time and a place for starting conservatively and trying to win the game from the bench late on.

There’s also a time and a place for setting out your stall to win the match. I think yesterday was one of those times.

I’m generally on Martins side in debates like this, but yesterday would/should have been earmarked as three points. He’s accountable for the two we dropped.

Plenty more teams will set up like that against us. He’s got to figure out a way to overcome it and quickly.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 10:16 - Nov 13 with 1145 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 10:00 - Nov 13 by vetchonian

Very valid points...yesterday wasnt the first time a team has parked the bus against us and it won't be the last so our football visionary manager needs to find a way around that.

Reading between the lines of Cats posts questions need again to be asked of our selection and tactics in the day. Again this isn't the first time these things have been said.
Yes my thoughts on Martin are well known many will defend him as going into the break we find ourselves joint sixth yet not long ago we were 4th.
Yesterday's football was also not an entertaining watch...do people really believe Martin has it to change yhings

We are still persevering with a CB at WB despite having Finn Steven's on loan why didnt we start the game with boko flex and Pato from the off and take the game to them?
As those of you who post or read the other forums will know many fans are not if supporting of our coach as mist on here and are questioning his ability and tactics I would ask those who are his ardent supporters as post he is a good manager quantify that what are the attributes and performance indicators that say he is or maybe will be

I presented it more curtly
We are stupefyingly boring overall but we can play effectively . One man alone is responsible for that

Why is Cooper subbed no matter what

Why is Grimes the focal point for everything

Why do people look for excuses

Why can’t we question this

Benda saved us again . Why has he not been given another contract

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 10:53 - Nov 13 with 1114 viewsswan65split

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 23:17 - Nov 12 by onehunglow

Brentford beat Man City today and theirvpossession stats are much lower than ours

It’s about getting forward and quick

Great coaching by the camel

They have a striker in form. we don't have a Michu/Scotland /Bony ATM.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:11 - Nov 13 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 10:53 - Nov 13 by swan65split

They have a striker in form. we don't have a Michu/Scotland /Bony ATM.

Toney would struggle in our team.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:51 - Nov 13 with 1040 viewsSTID2017

Some of Swans Independent finest on the OS Travelling Jack Army pictures

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:54 - Nov 13 with 1024 viewsKeithHaynes

Anyone watching Burnley this afternoon, now that’s the pace to play possession football at.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 14:28 - Nov 13 with 990 viewsjojaca

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:54 - Nov 13 by KeithHaynes

Anyone watching Burnley this afternoon, now that’s the pace to play possession football at.

How is exactly is our walking football meant to tire teams outs.

I would be glad to see Russell gone personally, in our modern history we have been blessed with good managers and Russell falls way short on Martinez and Rodgers. Russell can bullshit 90% of teams with his style, but not our fanbase.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 14:29]

Even when you know, you never know?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 14:56 - Nov 13 with 976 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 14:28 - Nov 13 by jojaca

How is exactly is our walking football meant to tire teams outs.

I would be glad to see Russell gone personally, in our modern history we have been blessed with good managers and Russell falls way short on Martinez and Rodgers. Russell can bullshit 90% of teams with his style, but not our fanbase.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 14:29]

I think it’s meant to wear them down ,so they give up .
It must bore them to death so so that might be the plan .

It’s a laughable thought we frighten anyone

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:01 - Nov 13 with 971 viewsBryanSwan

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:54 - Nov 13 by KeithHaynes

Got a good squad of players there and so should expected after bringing in 9 or 10 players all at just below to a lot more than £1m a piece. (And their loans).

Theyve really spent big on getting back up first time around.

I do think we would be a lot more threatening of a side if we actually played with wingbacks who possessed any attacking threat.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:10 - Nov 13 with 965 viewsjojaca

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 14:56 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

It certainly wearing me down. I can't remember a time where we are so inconsistent in terms of playing style and results.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:17 - Nov 13 with 952 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:10 - Nov 13 by jojaca

It certainly wearing me down. I can't remember a time where we are so inconsistent in terms of playing style and results.

I ll be frank with you.
Normally,at the start of the season ,I note which fixtures are convenient for me to attend . I get rather excited when fixtures list comes out .
This year ,I have never felt as detached . Whether it’s the form trash talk or the fact I see our coach as a charlatan,snake oil salesman,deluded clown or simply liar or the fact I’m getting older quickly and have less patience with people who lie .
I saw through Martin within one month and stand by everything Ivecsaud about him,our most divisive manager in our history .
I thought Kyle Joseph would be given his chance and Whittaker too. Then,we brought in Fisher to REPLACE Benda ,this itself was unforgivable .We ve seen Ogbeta brought in never to be played. Now Zoxi flex,a guy with real pace who didn’t see “ details”

That ll be it

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:22 - Nov 13 with 947 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:17 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

I ll be frank with you.
Normally,at the start of the season ,I note which fixtures are convenient for me to attend . I get rather excited when fixtures list comes out .
This year ,I have never felt as detached . Whether it’s the form trash talk or the fact I see our coach as a charlatan,snake oil salesman,deluded clown or simply liar or the fact I’m getting older quickly and have less patience with people who lie .
I saw through Martin within one month and stand by everything Ivecsaud about him,our most divisive manager in our history .
I thought Kyle Joseph would be given his chance and Whittaker too. Then,we brought in Fisher to REPLACE Benda ,this itself was unforgivable .We ve seen Ogbeta brought in never to be played. Now Zoxi flex,a guy with real pace who didn’t see “ details”

That ll be it

You must have been dead excited with Kevin cullis then.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:45 - Nov 13 with 934 viewsjojaca

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:22 - Nov 13 by KeithHaynes

You must have been dead excited with Kevin cullis then.

Different level now, 30 years ago I wouldn't moved an eyebrow if Keith Chegwin had been appointed our manager.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:46 - Nov 13 with 934 viewsSTID2017

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 14:56 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

Seems we frighten several teams who haven't got the guts to challenge us in an open game of football?
Yesterday's performance by Huddersfield was mind numbing and I feel sorry for their fans paying good money to watch that load of rubbish

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:49 - Nov 13 with 929 viewsFireboy2

It helps if you have players who have pace 😉👍
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:00 - Nov 13 with 918 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:49 - Nov 13 by Fireboy2

It helps if you have players who have pace 😉👍

Or they get selected 😂

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:10 - Nov 13 with 903 viewsbuilthjack

Roberts left on the bench today to keep him fit for the World Cup.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:37 - Nov 13 with 891 viewsFireboy2

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:00 - Nov 13 by KeithHaynes

Or they get selected 😂

Very very true mate 👍
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:58 - Nov 13 with 876 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:37 - Nov 13 by Fireboy2

Very very true mate 👍

Give Flex five games over December and early January and he won’t get recalled and he will be the catalyst for a superb second half to the season. We all know that. Most of us anyway mate.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:29 - Nov 13 with 812 viewsbuilthjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:58 - Nov 13 by KeithHaynes

Give Flex five games over December and early January and he won’t get recalled and he will be the catalyst for a superb second half to the season. We all know that. Most of us anyway mate.

Quite a few don't know that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 20:42 - Nov 13 with 748 viewscadleigh

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 15:17 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

I ll be frank with you.

That ll be it

Some excellent points there but the one that really struck home was Fisher. Did Martin really think that all he needed to do to succeed at Swansea was to recreate his mid-table MK Dons Division 1 squad?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 21:51 - Nov 13 with 720 viewscadleigh

I came across the following post on social media which I found so astonishingly daft I felt I had to share it. The poster is obviously either Martin's PR manager or very young indeed.

"I may be in the minority here, but when reading the comments about so many key player positions being square pegs in round holes, you have to marvel at the job the manager is doing... With all that he’s had to deal with throughout both seasons, our position in the league is all the more remarkable for it."

So let's get this straight - Martin has set out a game plan with 11 round holes, but the club keep giving him square pegs to put in them? Even when he's recruited those square pegs himself? And even when he has actual round pegs for those positions but refuses to play them?

Jesus wept.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 22:34 - Nov 13 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 21:51 - Nov 13 by cadleigh

I came across the following post on social media which I found so astonishingly daft I felt I had to share it. The poster is obviously either Martin's PR manager or very young indeed.

"I may be in the minority here, but when reading the comments about so many key player positions being square pegs in round holes, you have to marvel at the job the manager is doing... With all that he’s had to deal with throughout both seasons, our position in the league is all the more remarkable for it."

So let's get this straight - Martin has set out a game plan with 11 round holes, but the club keep giving him square pegs to put in them? Even when he's recruited those square pegs himself? And even when he has actual round pegs for those positions but refuses to play them?

Jesus wept.

Russ seems omnipotent

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 00:09 - Nov 14 with 645 viewssw02sea

Spot on !
Very hard to not agree with all of that.
Bull sh***ing Martin, the most deluded man in football.
Doing to us what he did at Franchise United.
Here’s a funny thing, quite soon after he left, they improved!
As far as he is concerned we are fantastic, brilliant, when we achieve HIS Holy Grail in HIS fantasy football world, of 74% of walking, aimless, possession for possession’s sake football.
Against the worst side in The championship, who set up like you would on a training pitch, when you use 11 dustbins.
Only trouble was, the dustbins nearly won, when yet again Wood was planted to the ground like a tree, rather than move to the ball.
Thank Gawd for Benda, who has saved us so many points and got Martin out of jail more times than Ronnie Biggs.
How many get out of jail cards has RM got left?
Please someone tell me our glorious owners are not going to give him an extended 2,3,4 year contract?
Because they would be even more delusional than this second hand car salesman.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 00:14 - Nov 14 with 644 viewssw02sea

Sorry I was replying to Onehunglow’s :

I ll be frank with you.

That ll be it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024