Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED 19:07 - Nov 9 with 8841 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the last game before the World Cup and it is another trip north for Swansea City. Third time lucky in recent times for three points ?

Ref :BEN TONER
Lino’s :Graham Kane and Philip Dermott
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Ben Toner yesterday

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58994/anti-football-hudd

Jack Info
Parking at Gasworks Street Car Park.
Spaces are charged at £5 but cannot be purchased on the day. Spaces can be booked in advance by calling (01484) 960 606. Further away — a ten minute walk from the stadium — is Turnbridge Working Men’s Club on St Andrew’s road. The club welcomes away fans and supporters are also able to park here.

Turnbridge Club and Car Parking

A couple before the match ?
Located in Huddersfield Railway Station sits The Head of Steam public house is an excellent place,to meet and has a full range of beers. The venue has direct entrances from Platform 1 and St. George’s Square. The Head of Steam Huddersfield has become a firm favourite with commuters and locals alike. They do a great Pie,mash,peas and gravy for a tenner.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58978/swansea-city-play-

Huddersfield Town: Lee Nicholls, Luke Mbete, Sorba Thomas, Jordan Rhodes, Josh Ruffels, Kaine Kesler-Hayden, David Kasumu, Jack Rudoni, Ben Jackson, Tom Lees (captain), Michal Helik.

Substitutes: Nicholas Bilokapic, Connor Mahoney, Duane Holmes, Brodie Spencer, Brahima Diarra, Loick Ayina, Danny Ward.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Michael Obafemi, Jamie Paterson, Luke Cundle, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 09:54 - Nov 14 with 753 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 00:09 - Nov 14 by sw02sea

Spot on !
Very hard to not agree with all of that.
Bull sh***ing Martin, the most deluded man in football.
Doing to us what he did at Franchise United.
Here’s a funny thing, quite soon after he left, they improved!
As far as he is concerned we are fantastic, brilliant, when we achieve HIS Holy Grail in HIS fantasy football world, of 74% of walking, aimless, possession for possession’s sake football.
Against the worst side in The championship, who set up like you would on a training pitch, when you use 11 dustbins.
Only trouble was, the dustbins nearly won, when yet again Wood was planted to the ground like a tree, rather than move to the ball.
Thank Gawd for Benda, who has saved us so many points and got Martin out of jail more times than Ronnie Biggs.
How many get out of jail cards has RM got left?
Please someone tell me our glorious owners are not going to give him an extended 2,3,4 year contract?
Because they would be even more delusional than this second hand car salesman.

That we are not ,as a group,hectoring the owners to give Benda a longer contract says it all.
We support this chap and seem quite happy to do and even to think as he does

When he says brilliant ,we were

When he says dominant,we were

Disagree and you get hate .

His treatment of Cooper alone should breed contempt of this chap.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:36 - Nov 14 with 690 viewsKeithHaynes

Ok, nobody is hating anyone.
This won’t start again, I can assure you. Talk football.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:38 - Nov 14 with 676 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 00:09 - Nov 14 by sw02sea

Spot on !
Very hard to not agree with all of that.
Bull sh***ing Martin, the most deluded man in football.
Doing to us what he did at Franchise United.
Here’s a funny thing, quite soon after he left, they improved!
As far as he is concerned we are fantastic, brilliant, when we achieve HIS Holy Grail in HIS fantasy football world, of 74% of walking, aimless, possession for possession’s sake football.
Against the worst side in The championship, who set up like you would on a training pitch, when you use 11 dustbins.
Only trouble was, the dustbins nearly won, when yet again Wood was planted to the ground like a tree, rather than move to the ball.
Thank Gawd for Benda, who has saved us so many points and got Martin out of jail more times than Ronnie Biggs.
How many get out of jail cards has RM got left?
Please someone tell me our glorious owners are not going to give him an extended 2,3,4 year contract?
Because they would be even more delusional than this second hand car salesman.

As soon as he left MKD they improved, oh right, relegation candidates now in the same league, that tells me they haven’t improved.
I’m struggling with that one.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:47 - Nov 14 with 661 viewsWhiterockin

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:38 - Nov 14 by KeithHaynes

As soon as he left MKD they improved, oh right, relegation candidates now in the same league, that tells me they haven’t improved.

Facts are often distorted to fit in with a posters agenda. That's the way it is.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:19 - Nov 14 with 640 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:36 - Nov 14 by KeithHaynes

Ok, nobody is hating anyone.
This won’t start again, I can assure you. Talk football.

That reassuring then I can be frank now .

We were dominant and drew 0 -0 with the bottom team

We need to talk football alright and why we accept this relentless torrent of excuses

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:28 - Nov 14 with 637 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 11:38 - Nov 14 by KeithHaynes

They finished 3rd in the league losing to Wycombe in the semi finals of the play offs

so for the season following Martins departure they improved from their previous mid table finishes though our Russ did try to take some credit

They are struggling somewhat this season though but lets not forget they have lost Fisher, Darling and Twine who were possibly amongst their best players

Funny isnt it the season before Russ arrived here we lost in the play off final yet last season we finished 15th 11 places lower than the season before ....lots of excuses around player departures etc similarly could be said abot MKDons this season has Russ improved us?

Data and stats eh!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:42 - Nov 14 with 628 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:28 - Nov 14 by vetchonian

They finished 3rd in the league losing to Wycombe in the semi finals of the play offs

so for the season following Martins departure they improved from their previous mid table finishes though our Russ did try to take some credit

They are struggling somewhat this season though but lets not forget they have lost Fisher, Darling and Twine who were possibly amongst their best players

Funny isnt it the season before Russ arrived here we lost in the play off final yet last season we finished 15th 11 places lower than the season before ....lots of excuses around player departures etc similarly could be said abot MKDons this season has Russ improved us?

Data and stats eh!

I was rather miffed another play off especially after being in a good place.
The coach at that time moved on and it’s all about the current incumbent now .

Opinions indeed

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:49 - Nov 14 with 624 viewsjack247

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 09:54 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

That we are not ,as a group,hectoring the owners to give Benda a longer contract says it all.
We support this chap and seem quite happy to do and even to think as he does

When he says brilliant ,we were

When he says dominant,we were

Disagree and you get hate .

His treatment of Cooper alone should breed contempt of this chap.

This just isn’t true.

There are people on here who won’t hear a bad word against Martin. There are also people who demonise him. The reality is he does some things well and some things badly.

Drop the agenda (for or against). Criticise when he deserves it, praise when he deserves it. He’s deserved both this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:35 - Nov 14 with 606 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:49 - Nov 14 by jack247

This just isn’t true.

There are people on here who won’t hear a bad word against Martin. There are also people who demonise him. The reality is he does some things well and some things badly.

Drop the agenda (for or against). Criticise when he deserves it, praise when he deserves it. He’s deserved both this season.

I would agree with this

though Martin does have the tendency to revert to type when all is going for him.

Lets hope he is learning he has done some things worthy of praise but for me his rating is still in the negative

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:41 - Nov 14 with 604 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 12:49 - Nov 14 by jack247

This just isn’t true.

No agenda

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:49 - Nov 14 with 602 viewsjack247

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:35 - Nov 14 by vetchonian

I would agree with this

though Martin does have the tendency to revert to type when all is going for him.

Lets hope he is learning he has done some things worthy of praise but for me his rating is still in the negative

The stats will back that up, however everybody since Reading, with the debatable exception of Birmingham, has played with tightly packed, deep defences, which obviously impacts on our possession, long balls and pass completion.

I know Reading came out a bit at 2-2 and went for it at 3-2, but the stats would have been similar to the others before our equaliser.

We’re not faffing around in our own box anywhere near as much. We aren’t playing one twos with Benda. We’re looking to transition through midfield quicker, rather than trying to entice strikers out of position, then slowing our build up and allowing opponents to reset.

The problem isn’t that we have reverted to the way we used to play, we haven’t. It’s that Martin hasn’t (yet hopefully) found an answer to teams packing defences.

Most of us are asking for Oko-Flex from the start, or half time at the latest. For such a cavalier manager, he seems oddly reluctant and conservative there.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:42 - Nov 14 with 547 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 13:49 - Nov 14 by jack247

The stats will back that up, however everybody since Reading, with the debatable exception of Birmingham, has played with tightly packed, deep defences, which obviously impacts on our possession, long balls and pass completion.

I know Reading came out a bit at 2-2 and went for it at 3-2, but the stats would have been similar to the others before our equaliser.

We’re not faffing around in our own box anywhere near as much. We aren’t playing one twos with Benda. We’re looking to transition through midfield quicker, rather than trying to entice strikers out of position, then slowing our build up and allowing opponents to reset.

The problem isn’t that we have reverted to the way we used to play, we haven’t. It’s that Martin hasn’t (yet hopefully) found an answer to teams packing defences.

Most of us are asking for Oko-Flex from the start, or half time at the latest. For such a cavalier manager, he seems oddly reluctant and conservative there.

I think he has a "set" way of playing in his head....and expectations of persons to follow conditional instructions even when things do not pan out out and a different approach is required and doesn't like players reverting to instinctive play.

Its not just the stats its what we see often "aimless" passing between the back 3 in our own half when we are behind or drawing

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:05 - Nov 14 with 508 viewsRichardO

Hard to figure out what's going on in Martin's at the moment forced into a relatively inexperienced team at this level after losing Latibeaudie and went of a bit of a run, lost Manning and our game has slipped even though Manning is now back as is Latibeaudie.
Lost Piroe, enter the resurgence of Obefemi and Ntcham. Tried playing them all trying to keep everybody happy, misplace Loyalty or using youngsters as scapegoat.
Maybe the youngsters are making mistakes but the benefits outweighs the cons, if they are a bit erratic then that must leave opposition player wonder what they are going to next as opposed the rigid regime which is predictable and easily defended against.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:14 - Nov 14 with 505 viewsonehunglow

Stats!

Let me stop you right there

Prove nothing

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 20:28 - Nov 14 with 474 viewsjack247

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:42 - Nov 14 by vetchonian

I think he has a "set" way of playing in his head....and expectations of persons to follow conditional instructions even when things do not pan out out and a different approach is required and doesn't like players reverting to instinctive play.

Its not just the stats its what we see often "aimless" passing between the back 3 in our own half when we are behind or drawing

I think this is probably true. What I don’t think he is doing, is reverting to Martinball v1.

He’s simply struggling to overcome teams who play a deep defence abd midfield. We’ve had a run of them lately and taken far fewer points than we should have.

I don’t think he necessarily struggles with instinctive players. Ntcham, Paterson, Cooper all fit that mould. If you mean he doesn’t like players deviating from instructions when they feel the game demands it, I definitely agree.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 20:39 - Nov 14 with 468 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 20:28 - Nov 14 by jack247

I think this is probably true. What I don’t think he is doing, is reverting to Martinball v1.

He’s simply struggling to overcome teams who play a deep defence abd midfield. We’ve had a run of them lately and taken far fewer points than we should have.

I don’t think he necessarily struggles with instinctive players. Ntcham, Paterson, Cooper all fit that mould. If you mean he doesn’t like players deviating from instructions when they feel the game demands it, I definitely agree.

Would you agree that football is basically a simple game that is made more complicated that it needs to be .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024