Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED 19:07 - Nov 9 with 8840 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the last game before the World Cup and it is another trip north for Swansea City. Third time lucky in recent times for three points ?

Ref :BEN TONER
Lino’s :Graham Kane and Philip Dermott
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Ben Toner yesterday

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58994/anti-football-hudd

Jack Info
Parking at Gasworks Street Car Park.
Spaces are charged at £5 but cannot be purchased on the day. Spaces can be booked in advance by calling (01484) 960 606. Further away — a ten minute walk from the stadium — is Turnbridge Working Men’s Club on St Andrew’s road. The club welcomes away fans and supporters are also able to park here.

Turnbridge Club and Car Parking

A couple before the match ?
Located in Huddersfield Railway Station sits The Head of Steam public house is an excellent place,to meet and has a full range of beers. The venue has direct entrances from Platform 1 and St. George’s Square. The Head of Steam Huddersfield has become a firm favourite with commuters and locals alike. They do a great Pie,mash,peas and gravy for a tenner.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58978/swansea-city-play-

Huddersfield Town: Lee Nicholls, Luke Mbete, Sorba Thomas, Jordan Rhodes, Josh Ruffels, Kaine Kesler-Hayden, David Kasumu, Jack Rudoni, Ben Jackson, Tom Lees (captain), Michal Helik.

Substitutes: Nicholas Bilokapic, Connor Mahoney, Duane Holmes, Brodie Spencer, Brahima Diarra, Loick Ayina, Danny Ward.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Michael Obafemi, Jamie Paterson, Luke Cundle, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:21 - Nov 12 with 1554 viewsnantywatcher

A goal would take us into the top 6 - is that not enough incentive?
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:28 - Nov 12 with 1523 viewsJohnw102

It’s like over 50s walking football at the moment, makes Arsenal of the 80s look dynamic.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:33 - Nov 12 with 1503 viewsAnotherJohn

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:28 - Nov 12 by Johnw102

It’s like over 50s walking football at the moment, makes Arsenal of the 80s look dynamic.

Looks like even RM agreed - 3 subs.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:37 - Nov 12 with 1489 viewsnantywatcher

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:28 - Nov 12 by Johnw102

Nothing wrong with over 50's walking football!!!!
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:40 - Nov 12 with 1471 viewsJohnw102

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:37 - Nov 12 by nantywatcher

Nothing wrong with over 50's walking football!!!!

There is if they are getting that silly money for playing it.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:47 - Nov 12 with 1442 viewsBryanSwan

That was the 3pts right there back off the post.
Not a good result dropping points to these, they look absolutely woeful.
Surely we should've gone for the win earlier and brought our attacking threat on with more time to go.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:48 - Nov 12 with 1431 viewsAlgorfajack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:47 - Nov 12 by BryanSwan

Surely we should've gone for the win earlier and brought our attacking threat on with more time to go.

Stop talking sense Bryan

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:55 - Nov 12 with 1382 viewsJohnw102

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:47 - Nov 12 by BryanSwan

Stop worrying about 3 points the 73% possession is the important statistic.

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:59 - Nov 12 with 1357 viewsBryanSwan

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:48 - Nov 12 by Algorfajack

Stop talking sense Bryan

With a minute or two left we have a corner, only 3 men in the box attacking it.
It's pathetic, are we happy with the draw?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:01 - Nov 12 with 1331 viewscockett_jack

What a frustrating game, players are woefully lacking effectiveness in the final third
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:03 - Nov 12 with 1306 viewsAnotherJohn

2 points dropped against the bottom team. Leon has just said "you can't criticize their commitment". I beg to differ.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:04 - Nov 12 with 1298 viewsFlashberryjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:59 - Nov 12 by BryanSwan

At least our set move coach is doing a great job.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:12 - Nov 12 with 1250 viewslifelong

I actually enjoyed the game.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:22 - Nov 12 with 1204 viewsunion_jack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:12 - Nov 12 by lifelong

What??!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:28 - Nov 12 with 1175 viewsjack247

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:55 - Nov 12 by Johnw102

Stop worrying about 3 points the 73% possession is the important statistic.

This is a real problem for us. We’ve pretty much played possession for possessions sake for most of Martins tenure. We’re not doing that now, we’ve got more attacking intent, but when teams set up to let us have the ball and invite us on to them, we just haven’t got the guile to break them down. It’s been apparent the last few games.

We looked more dangerous when Paterson and Oko-Flex were on. That probably needed to happen sooner.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:32 - Nov 12 with 1150 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 16:59 - Nov 12 by BryanSwan

Top teams chisel out 90 min+ wins by dogged determination and will. This is not Martin nor Swansea at present. Lovely mid table sort of fellas going through a process. Remember Martin was not best please to see Fulton line up to blast in a 30 year winner the other week. Martin careers has been spent entirely in the grey one of midfield anonymity. There i no indication he can break the glass ceiling.

This always looked the case when KoL came in instead of new fresh thinking and drive.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:38 - Nov 12 with 1127 viewsDr_Winston

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:28 - Nov 12 by jack247

This is a real problem for us. We’ve pretty much played possession for possessions sake for most of Martins tenure. We’re not doing that now, we’ve got more attacking intent, but when teams set up to let us have the ball and invite us on to them, we just haven’t got the guile to break them down. It’s been apparent the last few games.

We looked more dangerous when Paterson and Oko-Flex were on. That probably needed to happen sooner.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why RM is so reluctant to play Oba up top with Piroe floating behind him as a #10 when they scored 26 goals between them in that setup last season. It almost feels like he's doing everything in his power not to.

Add the lack of quality width offered by Lati/whoever this season compared to Wolf & Christie last time around and it's not hard to see why the forwards are struggling for goals.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:50 - Nov 12 with 1085 viewsTreforys_Jack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:12 - Nov 12 by lifelong

I really respect you as a poster lifey, but you are definitely easily pleased.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 1047 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58994/anti-football-hudd

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 1046 viewslifelong

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:50 - Nov 12 by Treforys_Jack

I really respect you as a poster lifey, but you are definitely easily pleased.

Yes, any crumb of comfort is acceptable these days.😁
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:06 - Nov 12 with 1033 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:03 - Nov 12 by lifelong

Yes, any crumb of comfort is acceptable these days.😁

I think I would rather be a Swanse supporter than Huddersfield tonight, that’s my crumb.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:10 - Nov 12 with 1018 viewsJohnw102

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:03 - Nov 12 by AnotherJohn

2 points dropped against the bottom team. Leon has just said "you can't criticize their commitment". I beg to differ.

Added to 2 points dropped at home to the team 2 from bottom of the league a week ago.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:29 - Nov 12 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:06 - Nov 12 by KeithHaynes

I think I would rather be a Swanse supporter than Huddersfield tonight, that’s my crumb.

So happy with a 0.0 draw
My God, what has happened to us . Huffs are digshite but we enjoyed it . Sorry I ain’t having that let’s have some honesty
Let’s have some coaching
Let’s have players with pace
Let’s attack the opponent
Let’s bury this obsession with possession
All clubs do is sit back and wait for us to give the ball away
Happy ,course looks good on the forum

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:32 - Nov 12 with 942 viewsjack247

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 17:38 - Nov 12 by Dr_Winston

I cannot for the life of me fathom why RM is so reluctant to play Oba up top with Piroe floating behind him as a #10 when they scored 26 goals between them in that setup last season. It almost feels like he's doing everything in his power not to.

Add the lack of quality width offered by Lati/whoever this season compared to Wolf & Christie last time around and it's not hard to see why the forwards are struggling for goals.

Unfortunately, neither are anywhere near the form they were in last season. Either in that set up or up front individually. Piroe especially. If either of them were still that clinical, it would mask a lot of our creativity problems.

Completely agree about the wingbacks. There’s a time and a place for steady Eddies who are going to follow the plan, cover teammates, always be in position etc, but when your opponents are bottom and have no attacking intent, the likes of Flex need to be on a lot sooner.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 🔴 UPDATED on 18:33 - Nov 12 with 941 viewsBadlands

No height in attack so we lack that option to keep defenders guessing.
Hard to break down a parked bus

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024