Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. 22:00 - Dec 10 with 23520 viewsqpr_1968

have'nt got a clue how this one will pan out....

i know we've got no chair...
but i'm gonna sit on a 1-0 win to the r's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:45 - Dec 11 with 2527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo cross comes to Adomah at the back post but he can't quite get there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:46 - Dec 11 with 2518 viewsstrikerace

What a complete collapse over the last 8 weeks. Really since the home win vs Reading. Just a disaster
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:48 - Dec 11 with 2448 viewsDamo1962

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:44 - Dec 11 by andrew1302

We need a new manager quickly to restore some confidence and find some threat up front. We are not too good to go down but good enough to be midway plus.We seem to always be starting slow nowadays and end up chasing games. Seem to think it is confidence and we need someone pronto who can fire the players up. If we don't find the one then we are in trouble and if we're do we will be at least fine. Clearly there are issues or someone would already be here

Think a lot of potential new managers have seen the set up, and have politely said they will wait for the next offer to come their way. Can't really blame them.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:50 - Dec 11 with 2374 viewsngbqpr

Let’s face it, this one’s on Beale.

Yes they’re professionals, yes they’re elite sportsmen, yes they’re well paid etc etc - but it’s a workplace for a bunch of mostly 20 something employees who’ve seen a confident, ambitious, smart talking new 40 something boss waltz in, sell them a dream, do the whole project / honesty & integrity / all-in bit…then f**k off after a few weeks.

Impossible job for an interim manager, flipping difficult for the incoming permanent one.

PBBC.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:54 - Dec 11 with 2200 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FT.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:55 - Dec 11 with 2146 viewsDamo1962

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:50 - Dec 11 by ngbqpr

Let’s face it, this one’s on Beale.

Yes they’re professionals, yes they’re elite sportsmen, yes they’re well paid etc etc - but it’s a workplace for a bunch of mostly 20 something employees who’ve seen a confident, ambitious, smart talking new 40 something boss waltz in, sell them a dream, do the whole project / honesty & integrity / all-in bit…then f**k off after a few weeks.

Impossible job for an interim manager, flipping difficult for the incoming permanent one.

PBBC.

I think we'd have lost this even with Beale still in charge. Look at our results and performance over the past two months or so. Think our problems go deeper than just Beale.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:55 - Dec 11 with 2155 viewsR_from_afar

Well, that was a joy

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:59 - Dec 11 with 2042 viewshubble

I don't know if it's winter gloom and the hangover from the World Cup exit, but suddenly things look really bad for Rangers, and I mean terminally bad. We look like a team circling the drain. Wow, what a comedown from the heady days of mid October.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:59 - Dec 11 with 2041 viewskropotkin41

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 14:55 - Dec 11 by Damo1962

I think we'd have lost this even with Beale still in charge. Look at our results and performance over the past two months or so. Think our problems go deeper than just Beale.

Belief must have fallen away after the whole Wolves thing. I don't think anyone believes we'd have walked the league with Beale in charge, but the drop away in form over the last 7 games or so must surely be put down the his shenanigans.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:12 - Dec 11 with 1827 viewsQPsyR

That was Insipid end of

England and Rangers FFS

I'm never ever staying in on a weekend ever again....Raves all the way till I die, probably soon LOL

Total and utter respect to those that go, how can anyone tolerate that without ripping out all the seats and invading the pitch after 5 minutes...Ipswich 1985 style

All these people writing books about mindfulness and Zen, if they haven't shadowed Rangers fans for a couple of years then they are worse than BealseShi*t*ers
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 17:30]

FKA AcidPixie

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:13 - Dec 11 with 1811 viewsGreenbay

MATCH ANALYSIS
QPR 0 Burnley 3
Where are we? Well the answer is bad.
That’s relegation bad and I’m an optimist.
At the start of this match it was all about how the team would react after the disgraceful Mick Beale left our club.
Initially, under interim head coach Paul Hall, they did react well.
There was energy and plenty of effort — that’s a minimum requirement of course!!
But you can’t compensate for a lack of top half Championship quality players with energy and effort — however hard you try.
And that’s especially against league leaders Burnley, surely guaranteed a quick return to the Premiership.
Why are we so poor?
Well as Bill Clinton used in his 1992 Presidential campaign slogan, ‘it’s the economy stupid’ then we too suffer - because the club has no money.
We can therefore only afford mainly average players and some good loans — Laird and Tim as good examples. That’s the best we can do.
Our income is so small — that we just can’t afford quality unless those players, have a history of injuries, that a top club wants to release to us.
So I do wish many observers would understand that.
We punch well above our weight for a little club.
Sure it’s great to dream — the Warbs year of 2021 — and the start to this season.
But to do it over a whole campaign would be a miracle.
As QPR fans we live for those moments.
In this match there was a gulf in difference between the two sides.
But it was ironic that two very poor referee decisions cost us dearly although I’m sure it would have made little difference in the end. Burnley won at a canter.
Thomas, with his pace, was brought down by their keeper Muric in the box, within seconds of the start.
Admittedly the ball had drifted away from Thomas over the touchline but a penalty should have been given. Then Cork — having apologised for diving just outside the box — was oddly still awarded the free kick and Gudmundsson brilliantly fired home just before midway through the first half.
Maatson made it 2-0 — seconds before HT after Seny had made an impressive save from a long range effort. This goal finished the match
I can understand why Hall played Thomas before he was subbed at HT by Shodipo.
Both men have pace — for me Shodipo the better of the two. But in a non-functioning side it was a hopeless cause with Adomah taking over from the ineffectual Willock.
Tella scored Burnley’s third after Dunne chested poorly back to Seny 20 minutes from time.
Yes we had some half-chances after HT but it was all over by then.
As Kropotkin41 said on this thread - this season is a salvage operation — now that Beale has sabotaged the club.
We are rudderless and nowhere near good enough.
Let’s hope we survive. I’ll take midtable now or our proverbial 16th.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:14 - Dec 11 with 1795 viewscolinallcars

Anyone know Mick Beale's address? I want to send him a card wishing him the compliments of the season.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:15 - Dec 11 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

That was pathetic.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:19 - Dec 11 with 1718 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That was one of the most gutless, pathetic performances I have ever had the misfortune to endure. F*cking freezing too. Club is a mess; too many people stealing a living.

I can only imagine Ferdinand and his bunch of 'super-coaches' think we're decent in training because they're playing against QPR players.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:20 - Dec 11 with 1705 viewsNorthernr

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:19 - Dec 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

That was one of the most gutless, pathetic performances I have ever had the misfortune to endure. F*cking freezing too. Club is a mess; too many people stealing a living.

I can only imagine Ferdinand and his bunch of 'super-coaches' think we're decent in training because they're playing against QPR players.

Well that was training for them and we didn’t look that good at it for me 😂
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:21 - Dec 11 with 1693 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Bought my tickets for Cardiff yesterday. I'm genuinely starting to worry about my sanity.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:23 - Dec 11 with 1672 viewsQPsyR

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:15 - Dec 11 by Northernr

That was pathetic.

A disgrace Northen
Why the fck does it matter to us so much why do we fkn care but can't fkn stop

FFS

FKA AcidPixie

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:26 - Dec 11 with 1626 viewsjtuck

We ended the game with our 3 best outfield players not on the pitch for different reasons...Chair, Willock and Johansen. Wonder if Willock withdrawn at half-time because of injury/fitness or just lacklustre performance. Agree with others that aim now is just to secure mid-table and stabilize. Lack of speed appointing new manager is not helping but can understand club and board taking time after being burned by Beale. Burnley were good but didn't get out of second gear in the 2nd half.

LAranger

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:29 - Dec 11 with 1587 viewsToast_R

Total dross, Willock looked well off form and unhappy he'd be lucky to get a move in January playing like that.

I think we can now agree George Thomas is done.

Jimmy Dunne, wtf was that all about? Bloody amateur.

Three Cheers for Burnley, they were very good .

Think we could be in trouble for the remainder of the season unless we get a coach in who can shake this lot back to life because at the moment, they're stinking the place out.

Then there's the refereeing, absolute shambolic from literally the first minute the absolute weapon.

What a thoroughly depressing 24 hours. I reckon the Fleetwood tickets may not be in such demand after all.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:29 - Dec 11 with 1587 viewstraininvain

Complete lack of self belief combined with a few players not putting in a shift. Need a new manager sharpish. Should really have been sorted within days of Beale going given that we’ve known he’d be off for the best part of three weeks.

Presumably Willock injured again? And no Chair next weekend as Morocco will either be in the final or 3rd vs 4th game.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. (n/t) on 15:29 - Dec 11 with 1583 viewsQPsyR

[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 17:32]

FKA AcidPixie

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:32 - Dec 11 with 1540 viewsDejR_vu

We had a manager who was just about the best fit we could have hoped for. Played good football, developed players, actually sold one for decent money on his watch. He had a bad patch and pulled it round. He had another one and wasn't given the chance to put it right, apparently because he wasn't communicating with the Youth Development Team that haven't produced a decent player in 9+ years (those sold were all signed post academy age). Here's a radical idea, how about the DoF actually managing the situation FFS?

Hired a Billy-Big-Bollocks instead who, in his own ego, was too good for a load of jobs before the QPR one came up, which, as it turns out, wasn't good enough for him either.

This is QPR, we don't need to go looking for trouble FFS, particularly under this idiotic regime.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:35 - Dec 11 with 1495 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:26 - Dec 11 by jtuck

We ended the game with our 3 best outfield players not on the pitch for different reasons...Chair, Willock and Johansen. Wonder if Willock withdrawn at half-time because of injury/fitness or just lacklustre performance. Agree with others that aim now is just to secure mid-table and stabilize. Lack of speed appointing new manager is not helping but can understand club and board taking time after being burned by Beale. Burnley were good but didn't get out of second gear in the 2nd half.

Great post here jtuck its the stark reality staring us in the face.
How many managers have been standing there on that bench and watched us give up dagger goals right on the halft time whistle over the last number of years.Its the one thing you can count on pretty shocking and it ended todays game .
Fair play to the fans who paid their hard earned money down and endured the cold and miserable display from QPR it was pathetic.
We have major issues sadly
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:36 - Dec 11 with 1486 viewsPinnerPaul

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 12:25 - Dec 11 by QPRSteve

I thought we were suppose to have a full squad other than Chair? No JoJo, Roberts or Amos.

or Balougan
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:36 - Dec 11 with 1475 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 15:32 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

We had a manager who was just about the best fit we could have hoped for. Played good football, developed players, actually sold one for decent money on his watch. He had a bad patch and pulled it round. He had another one and wasn't given the chance to put it right, apparently because he wasn't communicating with the Youth Development Team that haven't produced a decent player in 9+ years (those sold were all signed post academy age). Here's a radical idea, how about the DoF actually managing the situation FFS?

Hired a Billy-Big-Bollocks instead who, in his own ego, was too good for a load of jobs before the QPR one came up, which, as it turns out, wasn't good enough for him either.

This is QPR, we don't need to go looking for trouble FFS, particularly under this idiotic regime.

Ferdinand's position should be untenable now. If you owned the club and watched that 'performance' today, surely you'd be asking questions about the Director of Football who has been in situ for EIGHT years.

As you watched George Thomas gamboling around like a newly born lamb (only with less ball control), surely something in your head would question what was going on with your investment?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 15:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024