Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! 12:25 - Dec 31 with 12395 viewsNotLoyal

Top of the league Burnley with only two losses this season come in search of paradise at the swansea.com stadium. Swansea City play their second game at home in four days and are on a tremendous run of one win from one game since Friday. This game is not on sky sports and also not available on the red button. Not that many tickets left for home sales, be quick.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59238/biggest-test-of-th

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:16 - Jan 2 with 1929 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:06 - Jan 2 by guthrieintherain

No was a case of Burnley having a better bench than the players who were starting for us.

Be nice if we had a Harvey Barnes type of player to come off the bench
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:09]

When you’re a selling club we’ll never have a Barns on the pitch never mind the bench.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:28 - Jan 2 with 1879 viewsCatullus

I agree with Dr W and Tref. Over all it was still better than we have seen before Friday but it showed our lack of quality in depth.

When Joe went off we were definitely worse, we lost some control and purpose. Piroe was sadly lacking, nothing he tried came off and we had no options. That, for me is why I'd bring Whittaker back. If Obafemi is outers and not coming back and Cullen is already playing we either need to bring in another striker or recall Whittaker AND use him.

That free kick again, always causes us problems, we can do the pointless possession thing when we are 2-3 up but not when we're behind and we have to try something different now and then. Doing the same stuff over and over when it doesn't work is pointless.

Part of our problem is, who do we have that will do something special to unlock defences. Where is our pace or speed of thought, it's all so pre-meditated and obvious.Alllen, Grimes and Fulton are a solid midfield but not really that creative. So I'll go back to a gripe I often bring up, we need proper wingers, people with pace capable of getting behind and causing trouble.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:41 - Jan 2 with 1838 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:16 - Jan 2 by Luther27

When you’re a selling club we’ll never have a Barns on the pitch never mind the bench.

Every club is a selling club, except maybe Real Madrid, Man City and PSG.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:47 - Jan 2 with 1840 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:41 - Jan 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Every club is a selling club, except maybe Real Madrid, Man City and PSG.

I know….but every season there is a new project. The New Year window was meant to build upon what you have. The owners have made it abundantly clear they expect RM to improve and sell our best whilst cutting costs. It just seems to me that January has become a selling window for us.

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 21:22 - Jan 2 with 1767 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:06 - Jan 2 by guthrieintherain

No was a case of Burnley having a better bench than the players who were starting for us.

Harvey Barnes plays for Leicester. But yes our depth is appalling. Awful from Martin and his team to insist Congreve stuck to the touch line when the clock was ticking and we needed one back. Piroe isolated in the centre.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 21:51 - Jan 2 with 1717 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 21:22 - Jan 2 by BillyChong

Harvey Barnes plays for Leicester. But yes our depth is appalling. Awful from Martin and his team to insist Congreve stuck to the touch line when the clock was ticking and we needed one back. Piroe isolated in the centre.

i would have played him alongside Piroe in the middle, run at em.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 1685 viewsjojaca

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:47 - Jan 2 by Luther27

I know….but every season there is a new project. The New Year window was meant to build upon what you have. The owners have made it abundantly clear they expect RM to improve and sell our best whilst cutting costs. It just seems to me that January has become a selling window for us.

We haven't got much to sell anymore. The 10 million plus transfers fees days have come to an end.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 22:37 - Jan 2 with 1636 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 22:02 - Jan 2 by jojaca

We haven't got much to sell anymore. The 10 million plus transfers fees days have come to an end.

I know. Flynn Downes will be our last night for a while.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:02 - Jan 2 with 1594 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:16 - Jan 2 by Luther27

All clubs are selling clubs especially in the Championship with no parachute money or big revenue from Sky or sponsorship.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:09 - Jan 2 with 1582 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 21:22 - Jan 2 by BillyChong

Sorry Ashley Barnes easy mistake lol.

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:11 - Jan 2 with 1575 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:02 - Jan 2 by guthrieintherain

All clubs are selling clubs especially in the Championship with no parachute money or big revenue from Sky or sponsorship.

I know. But it’s how you use the parachute payments to return to the promised land. We failed, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing as the club I believe is relatively solvent.
My bitch is we are now constantly launching a project. I think we are going to be a mid table team in this division…..for a while.

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:17 - Jan 2 with 1552 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:11 - Jan 2 by Luther27

I know. But it’s how you use the parachute payments to return to the promised land. We failed, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing as the club I believe is relatively solvent.
My bitch is we are now constantly launching a project. I think we are going to be a mid table team in this division…..for a while.

You are more than likely right we have to box very clever to get promotion from this league.

But currently we have the 8th biggest budget in the league.

If Burnley did fail to go up they would be in big trouble financially they have gambled and they will win the league easy.

But with a leveraged buyout it's a risky strategy not one I would like us to chance.

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 07:51 - Jan 3 with 1313 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 23:11 - Jan 2 by Luther27

If we were a mid table team in this league for quite a while, would it be such a bad thing if we were being run within our financial restraints. With no parachute payments and relatively no dept as a club our future is quite safe.

Hopefully we can push for promotion, but I don't rate as be and end all off football, so many have gambled and spiraled out of control.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 7:57]
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 09:00 - Jan 3 with 1252 viewsRichardO

The parachute payments are long gone we chanced our arm on a number of managers who hadn't managed at this level with certain levels of success but ultimately two have moved onto bigger things.
The third with who knows what financial restrictions were asked of him with the loss of the payments has struggled, a number of players brought in also seem to have struggled to adapt to his methods and maybe their place in the grand scheme of things which they have seemly tried to control.
Last year there were signs of a team developing but with the ins and outs and exclusion Martin could not get a grip to play a team or formation.
New defenders in same story until force to play a back four earlier in the season with some success, then reverted back again after injuries and omissions back to three at the back which left us unable to compete against Burnley, leading to panic selections the next game that made no sense, then the win against Cardiff's ten men which papered over the cracks..
Last two game, played better formation in front of a home crowd, against Watford we got the first and drove home the advantage eventually with persistent probing from the off.
Against Burnley silly mistakes but still signs of quick forward play enabled by a four at the back
Hope Martin is not panicked into changing the team for the next league game and he can build on those two games.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 10:31 - Jan 3 with 1183 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 09:00 - Jan 3 by RichardO

The parachute payments are long gone we chanced our arm on a number of managers who hadn't managed at this level with certain levels of success but ultimately two have moved onto bigger things.
The third with who knows what financial restrictions were asked of him with the loss of the payments has struggled, a number of players brought in also seem to have struggled to adapt to his methods and maybe their place in the grand scheme of things which they have seemly tried to control.
Last year there were signs of a team developing but with the ins and outs and exclusion Martin could not get a grip to play a team or formation.
New defenders in same story until force to play a back four earlier in the season with some success, then reverted back again after injuries and omissions back to three at the back which left us unable to compete against Burnley, leading to panic selections the next game that made no sense, then the win against Cardiff's ten men which papered over the cracks..
Last two game, played better formation in front of a home crowd, against Watford we got the first and drove home the advantage eventually with persistent probing from the off.
Against Burnley silly mistakes but still signs of quick forward play enabled by a four at the back
Hope Martin is not panicked into changing the team for the next league game and he can build on those two games.

Where did there go to exactly.
We ve analysed everything but that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 15:23 - Jan 3 with 1013 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 10:31 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Where did there go to exactly.
We ve analysed everything but that

Not sure the there you refer to but if you mean a team playing with purpose moving the ball quickly to players who could who could do damage to the opposition and can keep a lead more than 5 minutes.
Last year the defence was poor after losing the likes of Guehi Robertsa and later Bidewell the latter who protected both inconsistent Manning and aging Naughton and that was when Steve Cooper was playing a back four not a back three who we don't have the players to do.
This year the defence have a better record of defending a lead but are still giving silly goals away making it hard to get the kead in the first place but with a back four we don't look as vulnerable in open play hope Martin doesn't drop Cabango because that would be like throwing the baby out with bathwater.

As for hurting the opposition Cullen has possibly revived his career with 3 in 3 so we don't have to rely on Piroe and defenders now have someone else to mark and give Piroe more space, add a goal or two by Cooper, Fulton and even the superstar that is Latibeaudie.
The difference now seems to be after an encouraging game we didn't get stuffed by Burnley as we did earlier in the season, hope he keeps to the same starting eleven in next league game.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:10 - Jan 3 with 974 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 15:23 - Jan 3 by RichardO

Not sure the there you refer to but if you mean a team playing with purpose moving the ball quickly to players who could who could do damage to the opposition and can keep a lead more than 5 minutes.
Last year the defence was poor after losing the likes of Guehi Robertsa and later Bidewell the latter who protected both inconsistent Manning and aging Naughton and that was when Steve Cooper was playing a back four not a back three who we don't have the players to do.
This year the defence have a better record of defending a lead but are still giving silly goals away making it hard to get the kead in the first place but with a back four we don't look as vulnerable in open play hope Martin doesn't drop Cabango because that would be like throwing the baby out with bathwater.

As for hurting the opposition Cullen has possibly revived his career with 3 in 3 so we don't have to rely on Piroe and defenders now have someone else to mark and give Piroe more space, add a goal or two by Cooper, Fulton and even the superstar that is Latibeaudie.
The difference now seems to be after an encouraging game we didn't get stuffed by Burnley as we did earlier in the season, hope he keeps to the same starting eleven in next league game.

I typoed there .
Where did our Parachute go

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:15 - Jan 3 with 972 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:10 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

I typoed there .
Where did our Parachute go

Bennett's wage packet.
If I realised you made a typo I wouldn't have give the longwinded answer trying to answer a question you may have been asking.🤔
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:26 - Jan 3 with 961 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:15 - Jan 3 by RichardO

Bennett's wage packet.
If I realised you made a typo I wouldn't have give the longwinded answer trying to answer a question you may have been asking.🤔

Bennett’s wage packet took up our parachute money !
What about the 62m received for the sale of Gilfi and Oli bunny .

This was big profit which many clubs don’t make .

My point is our owners are parsimonious

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:44 - Jan 3 with 953 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 16:26 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Bennett’s wage packet took up our parachute money !
What about the 62m received for the sale of Gilfi and Oli bunny .

This was big profit which many clubs don’t make .

My point is our owners are parsimonious

Perhaps I should have said in Bennett pocket then I could have said of the 62m in his other pocket.
Investors in any venture expect returns while the value of the club has dropped by being in the Championship surely a bit of money must have headed their way. You would have to ask more informed than me.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:34 - Jan 3 with 857 viewsDr_Winston

It has been explained dozens of times where the parachute money went. The clubs accounts are freely available for anyone who wants to check them.

Are we really going to ask these questions over and over again? How long will it take to sink in? Will it ever?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:37 - Jan 3 with 855 viewsshingle

But if Burnley having a better bench than the players starting for us is the reason for us failing to win then are you using that as the reason for us failing to win against the last eight teams we have failed to beat before we also failed to beat Burnley.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:42 - Jan 3 with 851 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 17:02 - Jan 2 by Brynmill_Jack

We are nowhere near fit or sharp enough. As soon as our energy went our sharpness and accuracy went too. Then tired players get even more tired.

Well that is not true as we are a super fit outfit that play the type of football that renders other teams totally exhausted in the last 10 minutes can you not remember Russell telling us that ages ago.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 20:52 - Jan 3 with 807 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:34 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

It has been explained dozens of times where the parachute money went. The clubs accounts are freely available for anyone who wants to check them.

Are we really going to ask these questions over and over again? How long will it take to sink in? Will it ever?

No I wasn't, my original statement referred the start of the first season where there were no parachute payments and a manager operating under a different financial situation.
Bennett's wage packet was said in jest and the rest was pure conjecture which I said there were many people more qualified to answer than me.
Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 11:14 - Jan 4 with 577 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Burnley : 2022/23 Matchday Thread : No red button ! on 19:34 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

Remind us then please
Not all are accountancy trained
More questions than answers
Will it ever sink in ? Probably not
Now. Explain away the Siggi profit of 32 million

With respect

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024