Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Craig Dawson potential transfer 13:38 - Jan 16 with 7980 viewsSheffield_dale

Just wondered if anyone knows whether Dale will receive anything from the potential £6m Dawson transfer from West Ham to Wolves?

Did we have a "% of all future transfer clause" inserted?

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 14:33 - Jan 23 with 1258 viewsD_Alien

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 14:30 - Jan 23 by fourfourtwo

This is quite an interesting interview with FGR DOF which is more eloquently put than I can muster:

Long-term and strategic planning were recurrent themes in our members answers with Rich Hughes, Director of Football, Forest Green Rovers FC adding:

“The role has several benefits, but the main one in our opinion is an ability to provide continuity and stability in transition periods for a football club, with the average tenure of a head coach or manager being as short as it is, clubs should not find themselves in a scenario where a manager leaves and the club finds itself without structure or information.

“Having a Sporting Director in situ also means that the club is able to work on a medium to long term basis as opposed to continued short term strategies. Having a Sporting Director will also be beneficial to a Head Coach or manager as it will give them a sounding board to develop forward and will avoid the Head Coach becoming stuck in an echo chamber.”

Sounds great, doesn't it

Doesn't stop FGR being rock bottom of L1, as we are of L2

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 14:58 - Jan 23 with 1180 viewsfourfourtwo

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 14:33 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Sounds great, doesn't it

Doesn't stop FGR being rock bottom of L1, as we are of L2

I mean they've done pretty well just to even get into League One. Yes they've had investment from the owner but the model to move through divisions has also clearly worked. They're not cut adrift by any stretch so definitely have a chance of staying up. If they do come down then that will be the real test of the system to see how they settle & go again.
Craig Dawson potential transfer on 15:36 - Jan 23 with 1099 viewsJames1980

I know the training ground has been a point of discussion since before he joined the board room, but both that and a director of football were things Bottomley claimed he wanted investment for.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 15:56 - Jan 23 with 1029 views49thseason

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 15:36 - Jan 23 by James1980

I know the training ground has been a point of discussion since before he joined the board room, but both that and a director of football were things Bottomley claimed he wanted investment for.

Bottomley wanted anything that A) he could claim was his idea and talk about on the telly and B) could justify giving himself and his pals a pay increase for.
Craig Dawson potential transfer on 16:13 - Jan 23 with 996 viewsJames1980

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 15:56 - Jan 23 by 49thseason

Bottomley wanted anything that A) he could claim was his idea and talk about on the telly and B) could justify giving himself and his pals a pay increase for.

But an idea is not necessarily bad if it was mooted by BotBot.

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 16:31 - Jan 23 with 972 views49thseason

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 16:13 - Jan 23 by James1980

But an idea is not necessarily bad if it was mooted by BotBot.

Have you checked your attic? He might be living there, you may be the only person in the world with a good word for the bloke. Seriously anyone who could spend £50k on hand sanitiser and stickers was obviously either mentally ill or up to no good. You could buy sanitiser for £2 a bottle, so 25k bottles for 75000 uses that's 3 squirts per bottle max. Even Hancock did better deals than that!
Craig Dawson potential transfer on 16:37 - Jan 23 with 953 viewsJames1980

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 16:31 - Jan 23 by 49thseason

Have you checked your attic? He might be living there, you may be the only person in the world with a good word for the bloke. Seriously anyone who could spend £50k on hand sanitiser and stickers was obviously either mentally ill or up to no good. You could buy sanitiser for £2 a bottle, so 25k bottles for 75000 uses that's 3 squirts per bottle max. Even Hancock did better deals than that!

Saying having improved training facilities and or a DoF is not necessarily a bad idea just because that man supported those notions isn't having a good word to say about him persay (sic).

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 18:52 - Jan 23 with 822 views442Dale

One thing is for sure, we’ll never move forward if people insist on bringing up certain individuals from the past.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 19:21 - Jan 23 with 759 viewsJames1980

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 18:52 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

One thing is for sure, we’ll never move forward if people insist on bringing up certain individuals from the past.

Sorry for bringing up said individual. I don't think ideas should necessarily be poo pooed because said person was in support of them is all.

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 728 views442Dale

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 19:21 - Jan 23 by James1980

Sorry for bringing up said individual. I don't think ideas should necessarily be poo pooed because said person was in support of them is all.

No I know. We all know about the past, our problems today are a result of many, many mistakes made over the years. It’s how we choose to deal with them now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 19:44 - Jan 23 with 704 viewsTVOS1907

Craig Dawson potential transfer on 14:29 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Cameron John's salary sank in the split second i read about it, along with my heart

You're preaching to the converted on each of those individual points, and it's clear the board are inexperienced in footballing matters, which can't be held against them (but is by some)

Coincidentally, Cameron John started his professional career with Wolves...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024