Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread 17:07 - Jan 19 with 32311 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 2335 viewsAtThePeake

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 21 by richfoad32

Bentley is less than 6 months in to a two year contract, how much would it cost to pay him up considering we supposedly haven't got a pot to piss in?

I honestly don't think anybody could do anything with this group of players, I don't think with the majority it's a lack of effort it's just that they're simply not up to it.

I wonder why Bentley was given a two year deal. Out of work, last job was two divisions below where we are currently, with a clear objective for one season of keeping us in the EFL. Would he really have rejected the job had we given him a one year deal with the guarantee of a second if he managed to keep us up?

This was the point I was making on Twitter regarding Shan's comments on a lack of due diligence. I strongly believe the likes of Askey and Alexander would've done their due diligence in September and steered well clear of a club with a mess of a squad, a small playing budget and below-par training facilities. Bentley came here because it was highly unlikely he'd get another chance in the EFL from anybody else... so why did we feel the need to offer him a two year deal?

Feels like we just hand out that second year to anyone, hence why we'll be stuck with the likes of Ball, John, Rodney, Taylor, EEL and Sinclair still in the National League next season. Just have to hope they all have pretty large relegation wage decrease clauses written into their contracts - but none of them are playing like they do.

Tangled up in blue.

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:03 - Jan 23 with 2210 viewsNewbury_Dale

Exactly, and its this footballing nous we are missing at boardroom level now. Would messrs Kilpatrick and Dunphy have approved the awarding of two year contracts to players with no resale value like John, Rodney and Sinclair ? Easily replaceable, lower league journeymen. It just inspires complacency on the part of the player. No need to give them contracts this long. Where's their hunger ?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 11:04]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:16 - Jan 23 with 2157 viewsSandyman

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:03 - Jan 23 by Newbury_Dale

Exactly, and its this footballing nous we are missing at boardroom level now. Would messrs Kilpatrick and Dunphy have approved the awarding of two year contracts to players with no resale value like John, Rodney and Sinclair ? Easily replaceable, lower league journeymen. It just inspires complacency on the part of the player. No need to give them contracts this long. Where's their hunger ?

Rodney is bagging a few goals TBF.

Some of these won't show hunger until late February next year when their contract is running out and the Job Centre beckons.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 12:00 - Jan 23 with 1999 viewsHopwoodblue

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:03 - Jan 23 by Newbury_Dale

As has already been said, it’s a complete shambles from top to bottom.
Why no guidance was sort by anyone is beyond me ? Rookie board rookie manager in Stockdale, why didn’t any of them think to ask for help regarding player’s contracts ? I thought Stockdale had a mentor ? Surely they would have advised on the matter ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 12:16 - Jan 23 with 1927 viewsdawlishdale

Nail firmly hit on head. Great question for the forum. I can see no reason why 2 year deals were offered to EBJ . I understand that some of the players wouldn't have come on a 1 year deal...which is where due diligence should be done, especially if finances were tight.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 23 with 1493 viewsmikehunt

I wonder if the only way Stockdale could entice players to the club, in the circumstances we found ourselves in, was to offer 2 year contracts.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:45 - Jan 23 with 1382 viewsAtThePeake

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 23 by mikehunt

I wonder if the only way Stockdale could entice players to the club, in the circumstances we found ourselves in, was to offer 2 year contracts.

I really don't think there were clubs queuing around the bloke to sign up the likes of Tyrese Sinclair and Devante Rodney.

Tangled up in blue.

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 20:06 - Jan 23 with 1230 viewsmikehunt

Which does make the 2 year contracts completely baffling …….

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024