Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford City (A) Match Thread 10:12 - Feb 3 with 20892 viewsHullDale

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 8133 viewskel

Good interview that and it’s good to see him so positive. The cynic in me though is when people at football clubs claim not to read social media/message boards. He’s very aware of how people feel so we all need to play a part now (fans and players) in getting us out of this mess.

Up The Dale!
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 7961 viewsDaleiLama

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 10:21 - Feb 3 by kel

Good interview that and it’s good to see him so positive. The cynic in me though is when people at football clubs claim not to read social media/message boards. He’s very aware of how people feel so we all need to play a part now (fans and players) in getting us out of this mess.

Up The Dale!

I never express negativity at the ground vocally (except at the ref and liners when they deserve it) but positivity is sometimes very difficult to muster based on many, many games we've seen in recent seasons. I posted a Tweet from Rhys on another thread where he said the players needed to give the fans something to cheer. It should start from there really - a professional footballer should be seen to be giving his all and be worthy of fan backing. Equally, we are "support"ers, there to support our team. As Dave Brailsford's mantra went - cumulative marginal gains make a difference. EBJ is right, we have a part to play in the rest of the season and we need to help to try to make a difference.

Up the Dale.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 14:29 - Feb 4 with 7381 viewsSheffield_dale

Let's get behind them 💪
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 14:39]
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 14:33 - Feb 4 with 7355 viewsTomRAFC

Match day squad looks much improved, shame for Lloyd to miss out. I'm quite pleased to see Quigley given another chance after his performance off the bench last week. He's been out of form but we know what he's capable of. A good run for him could really help us.

With five loanees starting, one would need to be dropped altogether for Adshead to even get on the bench. We're still in need of an aggressive defensive midfielder, but with the constant selection of Eastwood, I'm hoping this potential free agent is a keeper.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 14:41 - Feb 4 with 7274 viewsrich_dale

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 14:33 - Feb 4 by TomRAFC

Match day squad looks much improved, shame for Lloyd to miss out. I'm quite pleased to see Quigley given another chance after his performance off the bench last week. He's been out of form but we know what he's capable of. A good run for him could really help us.

With five loanees starting, one would need to be dropped altogether for Adshead to even get on the bench. We're still in need of an aggressive defensive midfielder, but with the constant selection of Eastwood, I'm hoping this potential free agent is a keeper.

(After initially putting this on the wrong thread, ahem...)

Feel a bit uncertain about the balance in the back line and who will play as the left sided CH - Taylor didn't look comfortable there the last time he played there. Neither McNulty nor John (or White) in the squad.
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 14:56 - Feb 4 with 7130 viewsseasidedale

With Eastwood constantly being selected, I’m beginning to wonder if Jake has compromising photos of Jim
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:19 - Feb 4 with 6878 viewsNigeriamark

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 14:56 - Feb 4 by seasidedale

With Eastwood constantly being selected, I’m beginning to wonder if Jake has compromising photos of Jim

1-0 down after 10 minutes after a promising start. Cross from the left & somehow their forward taps home at the near post from about 3 yards. Poor defending & our keeper seemed to be going to the back post. They also had a good chance early doors with a 1 on 1 with Eastwood who did well to push their forward wide

We had some good attacks in the first 10 mins too but no final pass or end product

Malarkey looks like a good player on first impressions
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:31 - Feb 4 with 6699 viewsSuddenLad

I reckon that pitch has had a herd of cows on it from Monday to Friday. It's a shocker.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:33 - Feb 4 with 6677 viewsTomRAFC

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:19 - Feb 4 by Nigeriamark

1-0 down after 10 minutes after a promising start. Cross from the left & somehow their forward taps home at the near post from about 3 yards. Poor defending & our keeper seemed to be going to the back post. They also had a good chance early doors with a 1 on 1 with Eastwood who did well to push their forward wide

We had some good attacks in the first 10 mins too but no final pass or end product

Malarkey looks like a good player on first impressions

Did well to push the forward wide? Eastwood was rounded and left on his arse. A defender on the line saved him from yet more humiliation.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:35 - Feb 4 with 6659 viewsfrequency

Looks like its going to be hard to play good football on that pitch

Hate city

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:35 - Feb 4 with 6653 viewselectricblue

That pitch is shocking.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:38 - Feb 4 with 6590 viewsfourfourtwo

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:35 - Feb 4 by frequency

Looks like its going to be hard to play good football on that pitch

We should be sound then.
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:43 - Feb 4 with 6524 viewsrichfoad32

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:33 - Feb 4 by TomRAFC

Did well to push the forward wide? Eastwood was rounded and left on his arse. A defender on the line saved him from yet more humiliation.

What would you have had him doing in a one on one then? He had to be careful not to bring the forward down and not give away a pen.
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:58 - Feb 4 with 6254 viewsDaleiLama

No shots on target in first half. Whatever the plan was It's not working. I used to think Kelly was a plus but he makes so many mistakes and bad decisions. FK in their half and he plays a square ball to Keohane instead of putting a ball into the box. FFS.

With the current state of our midfield I would just let Taylor launch punts upfield and hope for the best. That won't involve Quigley contributing but you never know, Mellor or Hendo might get on the end of something? Need a miracle.

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:59 - Feb 4 with 6253 viewsClivert

..... and another 45mins of our time left in the EFL passes us by.
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:00 - Feb 4 with 6220 viewsfourfourtwo

Turgid and boring.

We had a decent couple of minutes spell at one point but it still didn’t amount to much.

We’re losing this game in the middle of the park, sacrifice a defender and bring Lloyd on
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:02 - Feb 4 with 6188 viewssince58

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 15:58 - Feb 4 by DaleiLama

No shots on target in first half. Whatever the plan was It's not working. I used to think Kelly was a plus but he makes so many mistakes and bad decisions. FK in their half and he plays a square ball to Keohane instead of putting a ball into the box. FFS.

With the current state of our midfield I would just let Taylor launch punts upfield and hope for the best. That won't involve Quigley contributing but you never know, Mellor or Hendo might get on the end of something? Need a miracle.

Quigley is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbke
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:03 - Feb 4 with 6169 viewsSheffield_dale

Trying to find positives...

Mullarkey - Composed
Mellor - Energy

...that is all
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:06 - Feb 4 with 6099 viewsSuddenLad

Why is Keohane captain? He's mute and currently way off his best. Very odd choice. We need a vocal leader, preferably in the middle of the park. Surely Lloyd would be a better option?

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:11 - Feb 4 with 6026 viewsrich_dale

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:06 - Feb 4 by SuddenLad

Why is Keohane captain? He's mute and currently way off his best. Very odd choice. We need a vocal leader, preferably in the middle of the park. Surely Lloyd would be a better option?

We just don't have any natural leaders in the team.
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:11 - Feb 4 with 5990 viewsD_Alien

Gillingham leading Crawley, but if we don't pull our socks up it's irrelevant

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:17 - Feb 4 with 5936 viewsDaleiLama

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:11 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Gillingham leading Crawley, but if we don't pull our socks up it's irrelevant

No changes at HT. So more of the same then. We're playing as if goals don't really matter.

Update: Not out of it yet. Kelly plays a free kick into the box an Quigley gets a shot on target. Hale-fecking-lujah

Edit: much more urgency this half then a knob sets off a flare. Smh
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 16:22]

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:21 - Feb 4 with 5882 viewsKnavesmireBob

Setting up with 3 centre halves when we're bottom of the league and need a complete mentality change says everything. Bentley made it clear when he arrived he was a 4 at the back guy. Our last 3 managers have all made positive starts and then lost their confidence. Which in turn filters through to the players. I hate being so negative but it's so frustrating as it doesn't have to be this way and we're limping out of the football league as a result.
Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:22 - Feb 4 with 5848 viewsSuddenLad

The flare idiots are at it again. It's time they were dealt with properly. They must be known by now. Life bans in order.

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:27 - Feb 4 with 5778 viewssince58

Salford City (A) Match Thread on 16:22 - Feb 4 by SuddenLad

The flare idiots are at it again. It's time they were dealt with properly. They must be known by now. Life bans in order.

Seriki wtf sort of clearance was that.!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024