Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Martin - That difficult second album 15:42 - Mar 13 with 5986 viewsChrisNW6

I think I have seen enough positives from Chris Martin to hope for 1yr deal in the summer. Another year of working with both Dykes and Armstrong would benefit both and I don't see any negatives. He has kept himself in reasonable shape and doesn't seem to struggle injury wise. Probably not going to excite the football purists but I think we are all expecting a tough season next year.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:22 - Mar 14 with 1163 viewskensalriser

He's trying to fix us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:26 - Mar 14 with 1145 viewsGloucs_R

Personally I think he's too old to last another 15 months in the championship. But let's enjoy what he brings to this team at this moment in time.

I hope we have learnt a lesson from giving players such as Uncle an additional contract because they are good to have around the place. Unfortunately we need players who are good to have around the place and can play 30 or 40 games a season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:31 - Mar 14 with 1131 viewsTheChef

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:17 - Mar 14 by ParkRoyalR

Haha, I'm with Davman, reckon you got me wrong with a few other posters who were always trying to defend the indefensible,

I thought Martin was just what we needed from the get-go, always a top championship level player and had the experience and physical presence we desperately needed with Dykes out,

Unfortunate for him that he has'nt got to play alongside our match-winners (Willock mainly and Chair) but is an option as a last 20 minutes replacement for Dykes (a la Matt Smith), just need to check if he's married to a busy popstar or is more focussed on a fledgling media career, if he's in, he needs to be all-in, as the club suffered hugely due to being ridden by those two last year.

Well yeah it was more the sounding of the Charlie Austin klaxon

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 12:39 - Mar 14 with 1040 viewsBrizR

I've been thinking the same. Always fit when needed, never had pace to begin with so he's not likely to lose it, made a clear difference when he came in - he's a communicator to the lads around him, and going the other way he clearly relishes getting up in people's faces and causing them problems. Very Ainsworth player in that way, someone you'd want on your side to slug it out in this division.

Also think he'd be good for Armstrong's development - Sinclair's already shown some fire and willingness to throw that weight of his around, Martin surely will be able to help with that side of his game.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 13:22 - Mar 14 with 973 viewsParkRoyalR

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 11:31 - Mar 14 by TheChef

Well yeah it was more the sounding of the Charlie Austin klaxon

Goodman, before Saturday's performance that could have triggered my 'those fecking charlatans' switch big-time, but seeing so many players wearing our shirt with pride and running themselves into the ground and I'm in a much better place.

Dickie's confidence came back in that 2nd Half, Kakay played like the fan he is without his positional play undermining what we all love about him, Drewe fronted up to players twice his size and didnt take a backwards step, Dykes rushed himself back to help the cause, Dozzell did an excellent man-marking job and really got into their best players face,

I'm on a real high after Saturday seeing every single player (including Adomah who was so key to seeing that game out) giving 100%, the days of players sulking in the stands and pointing that they must have the ball exactly to their feet are almost a distant memory,

And sure they will be a distant memory if we can get a draw tonight and stay up this year, UR's!
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 13:35 - Mar 14 with 935 viewsRangersw12

We have enough non scoring forwards at the club so it's a no from me.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 15:59]
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:21 - Mar 14 with 846 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 19:13 - Mar 13 by paulhoop2

Never got why people on here criticised him so much no one else hot close to 12 goals last year . He’s proved himself must have summit about him to captain side so early in his time. shows Dickie / Dunne and dieng up really as they must be more natural choices and have captained us more recently in absence of Jo Jo

Yep and hes not even fat either!
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:24 - Mar 14 with 829 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 22:26 - Mar 13 by stevec

Martin has always been a good player, never liked him playing against us for that reason.

My worry is, as good as he’s been and he’s doing a good job now, I believe he’s 34 years old and there’s every chance any time now he’s going to go the same route as Adomah and whilst the minds willing it’s not a lot of use if the body doesn’t follow.

Let’s see how the rest of this season goes and even if alls well, give no more than a one year contract.

Yes agree.

Happens to many 'older' players, you seem to go from hero to zero quicker as the years roll by.

Depends how cheap or not he is I guess and who else we get in the summer, but as an experienced guy in the dressing room who can make maybe 25 appearances next season, you would think he would be worth a go.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:28 - Mar 14 with 818 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 09:56 - Mar 14 by daveB

I think saying he's done better than Austin is generous. Austin when he first came back had a massive impact on and off the pitch, his second season has tainted that but those first few months he was superb. Martin has done exactly what i expected, been a decent target man, worked hard but not been more than a 6/10 in any game so far for me which is still better than what came before him but not anything to get excited about either.

Excluding Saturday Clive was dreaming of giving ANYONE a 6, as we all were!

In the current market/financial climate, think you will struggle to get much better without taking a risk.

Agree about Austin comparison though.
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:31 - Mar 14 with 809 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 13:35 - Mar 14 by Rangersw12

We have enough non scoring forwards at the club so it's a no from me.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 15:59]

Given our form and injuries the one has got in the number of games hes played, is none too shabby!
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:36 - Mar 14 with 795 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:21 - Mar 14 by PinnerPaul

Yep and hes not even fat either!

Fair play to you Pinner Paul you defend his size all the time but he is pretty plump to be fair .
Of course the extra bulk helps him battle those beasts and he loves to get involved and truly stands up for his team.
Its pretty refreshing to see someone on a short term deal play with such pride and passion for QPR .
Hope he can get a few goals this week he has earned them
Chris Martin - That difficult second album on 18:40 - Mar 14 with 780 viewsPinnerPaul

He's really not to be fair!

Just look at the offy video day he signed, side on view in a snug shirt - he is NOT fat!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024