Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester 17:40 - Mar 25 with 12777 views442Dale

Anyone hear the full interview before the game?

They played a clip not long ago, saying there would be a total review of our football operations.

Oh yeah? Fancy giving us more detailed information via the club’s own media channels rather than random interviews on the radio?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:08 - Mar 26 with 2866 viewsD_Alien

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 20:44 - Mar 26 by pioneer

No, never received it. All i have ever received is the notification about more shares being for sale.

If you've been buying match tickets online, your email address is a requirement therefore you should be receiving the weekly newsletter

If not, it's another example of shite marketing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:09 - Mar 26 with 2859 viewsjudd

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 20:47 - Mar 26 by HullDale

Its an even worse situation than expected if current suppliers / providers to the club feel they can start slagging individuals / the board off on a messageboard without fear of identification or recrimination.

Do you have a link?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:27 - Mar 26 with 2787 views49thseason

That the Board is effectively in Radio Silence mode says to me that there is a Non Disclosure Agreement of some kind in place possibly connected to the sale of shares in the club to a major investor. I have seen this sort of "commenting without really commenting" many times over the years and its often been because there is a deal pending which requires the parties to not let the cat out of the bag or even a hint if there is a creature inside the receptacle. I don't think its because the Board are simply being reluctant to talk to their customers / shareholders.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:32 - Mar 26 with 2769 viewsjudd

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:27 - Mar 26 by 49thseason

That the Board is effectively in Radio Silence mode says to me that there is a Non Disclosure Agreement of some kind in place possibly connected to the sale of shares in the club to a major investor. I have seen this sort of "commenting without really commenting" many times over the years and its often been because there is a deal pending which requires the parties to not let the cat out of the bag or even a hint if there is a creature inside the receptacle. I don't think its because the Board are simply being reluctant to talk to their customers / shareholders.

That's fair comment. A previous incarnation couldn't wait to disclose to the media pack the existence of several non-disclosure agreements.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:34 - Mar 26 with 2757 viewsD_Alien

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:27 - Mar 26 by 49thseason

An NDA, you say?

We've been there before. Any major investor who'd want such a thing is immediately going to raise issues which the full light of fan engagement should be able to scrutinise

If you're right, and if the Trust are involved in this too, that's my last subscription

FWIW, i don't think you are right, although i can understand your grounds for suspicion. It's not as if an investor might be seeking to ensure competitive advantage is it

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:39 - Mar 26 with 2725 views442Dale

Radio silence certainly triumphs radio nonsense at times.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:49 - Mar 26 with 2664 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:39 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Radio silence certainly triumphs radio nonsense at times.

All ‘radio ga ga’ to me
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:50 - Mar 26 with 2656 viewsD_Alien

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:49 - Mar 26 by TyroneShoelaces

All ‘radio ga ga’ to me

Gag a?

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 22:24 - Mar 26 with 2546 viewskel

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:08 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

If you've been buying match tickets online, your email address is a requirement therefore you should be receiving the weekly newsletter

If not, it's another example of shite marketing

I’ve bought tickets online and don’t get it either. And I’ve already mentioned that as a shareholder I don’t get the shareholder ones either.

In fairness though, after my gripes on here about the latter I did receive a very polite phone call from a director about it so I’m hoping that’s now sorted.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 23:52 - Mar 26 with 2438 viewsTVOS1907

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 16:47 - Mar 26 by Rodingdale

With equal amounts of respect - I’d say with the exception of the Hill tenures, we have always promised then disappointed. I remember winning for the first time ever in London beat Barnet 4-0 if memory serves me, I recall we lost the home game by the same margin; classic Rochdale. Liverpool in the cup - take 7,000 fans and get hammered 7-0. We’ve never built a sustained head of steam and kept it up, even the promotion seasons, we fizzled out and came third, remember those big followings at Notts and Newport - great days out but we didn’t press the advantage and win anything did we. We’ve not built our fan base on success, what we have is despite failing to win anything.

But 49thseason said we 'always' disappoint, which isn't true.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 23:59 - Mar 26 with 2432 viewsTVOS1907

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 19:44 - Mar 26 by 49thseason

I wrote to the trust rep on the board never got a reply, and have spoken to SG a couple of times, it was me who suggested turning one of the kitchens into a "dark Kitchen" that did take-aways (purely for delivery) , the potential was quite high given the 2 or 3000 fans who might have used it for starters. That was what brought about the revelation that there was no gas and BG wanted £30k to put it in...

There were a couple of other ideas that I shared here that the marketing team had a rather half hearted go at, Christmas parties being one, but starting selling them in November was never going to work. I suspect there is a lot of "not invented here" going on .
In 7 months we regain the Gold Bond / Lotto, it seems to me this is something we all need to get our teeth into but nothing so far....
Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for a job, but I do have experience and have done business development and management mentoring as well as sales and marketing domestic and international, I just don't have the impression anyone thinks a random supporter can help much, but then there is a similar arrogance in a lot of what the club does.
That I struggled to remember the last Hattrick isn't too surprising as its 5 years ago but in 2008 (I think) we scored 5! Perkins. Le Fondre, Howe, Dagnall 2.

We have to start being entertaining again, I can't stand (literally) many more seasons scoring so few goals... Memo to Board. find a manager who wants to attack and then attack some more! I don't care if the whole of English football has become a defensive wasteland, we need to break the mould and be different.

Oh.. and we need to start selling the 2023 Christmas parties now! 30 x 10place tables x 18 nights at £40 per person is £216k revenue and probably £100k profit plus bar takings plus a raffle
https://www.christmaspartiesunlimited.co.uk/party/1734/christmas-parties-2023-at

Thanks, I knew I hadn't imagined it.

It's very disappointing your attempts at communicating and offering help weren't followed up.

Re the hat-tricks, they will surely correspond to the ability of the team. Cba looking it up at this time of night, but I think Andy Milner's v Hereford in May 1990 was the first one for something like 11 years, which contrasts greatly to the number we had under Hill when we were always disappointing...

It would be interesting to know how the hat-trick stats stack up for other teams at our level. Given Charlie Austin's was only the fourth in League Two all season, I'd hazard a guess our five year wait isn't too dissimilar to the majority of other clubs.

Agree with you about the entertainment factor and the Xmas stuff.

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 00:02 - Mar 27 with 2428 viewsTVOS1907

Its an even worse situation than expected if current suppliers / providers to the club feel they can start slagging individuals / the board off on a messageboard without fear of identification or recrimination.

Who do you mean?

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 00:36 - Mar 27 with 2393 viewskel

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 00:02 - Mar 27 by TVOS1907

Who do you mean?

Good luck getting an answer.

I don’t think all these people on here and Twitter with their insinuations about being ‘ITK’ realise the damage they’re causing to an already fractured fan base. Either post what you’re alluding to or stfu.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 01:15 - Mar 27 with 2360 viewsJames1980

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 00:36 - Mar 27 by kel

Good luck getting an answer.

I don’t think all these people on here and Twitter with their insinuations about being ‘ITK’ realise the damage they’re causing to an already fractured fan base. Either post what you’re alluding to or stfu.

When there was the minutes applause for the board a few people I was at the game with didn't know what it was for and didn't know what they had done to protect the club.
Also as a side note at a different game, when I told the lady selling half time draw tickets I had put money in the collection bucket for the legal fund she seemed to not have a clue what I was talking about

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 01:25 - Mar 27 with 2354 viewsSandyman

Missed this. Can you share a link or two, please?
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 01:50 - Mar 27 with 2344 viewskel

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 01:15 - Mar 27 by James1980

When there was the minutes applause for the board a few people I was at the game with didn't know what it was for and didn't know what they had done to protect the club.
Also as a side note at a different game, when I told the lady selling half time draw tickets I had put money in the collection bucket for the legal fund she seemed to not have a clue what I was talking about

Sorry, James, but I’m failing to see the relevance to my post.

My frustration is that many of us hear things but keep it to ourselves yet we have people cracking on that they know stuff but when you ask them to back it up they go missing or in some cases lock their Twitter account down. I’m pig sick of it now and I’m sure it’s just a case of seeking attention rather than having a care towards the club. One person has been asked on this thread numerous times to provide links to their hints but never, ever replies. It’s frankly pathetic.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 07:19 - Mar 27 with 2198 viewsJames1980

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 01:50 - Mar 27 by kel

Sorry, James, but I’m failing to see the relevance to my post.

My frustration is that many of us hear things but keep it to ourselves yet we have people cracking on that they know stuff but when you ask them to back it up they go missing or in some cases lock their Twitter account down. I’m pig sick of it now and I’m sure it’s just a case of seeking attention rather than having a care towards the club. One person has been asked on this thread numerous times to provide links to their hints but never, ever replies. It’s frankly pathetic.

It was just that with people in the town not being aware of the sacrifices Simon et al have made it makes it easier for the naysayers to spread their BS.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 12:06 - Mar 27 with 1948 views49thseason

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 21:34 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

An NDA, you say?

We've been there before. Any major investor who'd want such a thing is immediately going to raise issues which the full light of fan engagement should be able to scrutinise

If you're right, and if the Trust are involved in this too, that's my last subscription

FWIW, i don't think you are right, although i can understand your grounds for suspicion. It's not as if an investor might be seeking to ensure competitive advantage is it

Its very common in business, especially in mergers and acquisitions, often to prevent competitive parties knowing who else might be involved. Equally the club may be insisting on an NDA or a self imposed silence in case it all falls through. Obviously people at the club will hear whispers but generally there will be no public announcements on progress until all the due diligence is completed and the exact deal is nailed down. lawyers, accountants, etc will all be involved too, then there is the EFL with its fit and proper person stuff.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 12:52 - Mar 27 with 1841 viewssurb_dale

From that Gauge interview with Radio Manc it sounded like any possible interested parties are waiting to see confirmation of which league we'll be in next season. Dont blame them either. This will have a large bearing on club value and also the different rules governing the National League compared with EFL.

Maybe once relegation is confirmed things will start moving. Alternatively its possible certain parties wont be interested if we end up in non-league.

Either way from today the club have to start planning for life in the National League to give us the best chance of hitting the ground running from the off. We cant afford to let things drift and leave it till end of season.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 13:35 - Mar 27 with 1747 viewsD_Alien

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 12:06 - Mar 27 by 49thseason

Its very common in business, especially in mergers and acquisitions, often to prevent competitive parties knowing who else might be involved. Equally the club may be insisting on an NDA or a self imposed silence in case it all falls through. Obviously people at the club will hear whispers but generally there will be no public announcements on progress until all the due diligence is completed and the exact deal is nailed down. lawyers, accountants, etc will all be involved too, then there is the EFL with its fit and proper person stuff.

Yes, i'm aware of how NDA's work, hence the term NDA...

Competitive parties vying with each other to pile money into the club? Really?

Are those involved in the proposed takeover at Man U concerned about their visibility?

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 14:02 - Mar 28 with 1469 viewsBrierls

Today's statement makes more sense of SG's interview on Radio Manchester.

Look at MRKT Insights website - https://mrktinsights.com/ - particularly 'Our Services'. Pretty much what SG referenced.
Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 11:15 - Mar 30 with 1162 viewsAtThePeake

Simon Gauge on Radio Manchester on 18:36 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

I hope you’re not jesting on the last line of your post. Because, with no sense of sarcasm at all, I’d gladly have Chaff involved in any committee ahead of anyone currently at the club.

People either know football, or they don’t. And it’s obvious in both cases.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 18:37]

Tbf 442 - Chaff wanted to keep Stockdale and was happy with the recruitment last summer - so I'll have to disagree!

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024