Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird 07:19 - Apr 20 with 35518 viewsnumptydumpty

People are quoting this as fact prior to last night's game

Where's the evidence please ???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:20]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:02 - Apr 21 with 2391 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 22:58 - Apr 20 by westy

Haha Twot I’ve not heard that for many a year. Tbh we’re all going through the mincer right now. Total headfck this is turning out to be

Yeah, true. It's never boring at our madhouse is it? Even that year under JFH where we finished dead middle of the table with a zero goal difference and the extent of his wisdom was to keep saying "It is what it is" there was still all kinds of crap going on behind the scenes.
Oh for those heady days of a zero goal difference..
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:04 - Apr 21 with 2363 viewsngbqpr

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 06:57 - Apr 21 by Paddyhoops

I’m pretty certain . There’s quite a few players that think our club is a little bit beneath them and have downed tools in preparation for the next loan or move away which obviously won’t work out .
Their attitude is a huge part of our current malaise.

Very few come out with any credit apart from Dykes, Field and despite Dunne and Dickies horrendous form , I genuinely think they care.
Ainsworth who’s job is to get a tune out of this lot has been left with the very type of players
that don’t fit into the he’s style of play .
He’s screwed in my opinion.
I’m not a huge advocate of his style of football and if he doesn’t hit the ground running next season he’ll be gone.
However he deserves our support so let’s get behind now and in the future.

...and Chair in the credit list?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:05 - Apr 21 with 2344 viewstraininvain

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:22 - Apr 21 by daveB

Yeah they are professional etc but come on they are a group of 20 odd year old blokes gathered together every day, you only have to listen to one episode of under the cosh to know what footballers are like, they take the mickey all the time usually out of each others dress sense for starters. When a manager comes in wearing cowboy boots and a leather jacket they are going to take the piss out of him behind his back and if they don't like his tactics or coaching the same. I'm sure when Ainsworth was a player he took the piss a fair bit as well

The decision to appoint Ainsworth looked misguided at the time and gets worse with every story coming out of the club. There was always going to be a culture clash between our squad of prima donnas and Ainsworth whose methods seem to be a throwback to an era long gone. The style of football was never going to fly with this squad.

Nevertheless, someone at the club decided it was a good idea and I daresay that person is paid a lot of money to get such decisions right. Whoever made that call is ultimately responsible for this mess imo.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:11 - Apr 21 with 2308 viewsbosh67

Problem is that Ainsworth can't win.

If he turns a blind eye, plays them and they don't perform he gets slaughtered.
If he leaves them out he gets slaughtered.

The biggest problems are that I don't think Willock trusts his own hamstrings and looks terrified on the pitch. Injuries have caught up with Johansen and his body just won't do what his mind wants to do and Laird may well be a player that needs an arm around him and Ainsworth may feel he doesn't have time to do that here. Plus go up or go down he won't be here next season.

I feel for Ainsworth because he genuinely cares where others don't but I think there are only a handful of players that have bought into his request to play a certain way. The rest just want out of the club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:20 - Apr 21 with 2256 viewsR_from_afar

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:22 - Apr 21 by daveB

Yeah they are professional etc but come on they are a group of 20 odd year old blokes gathered together every day, you only have to listen to one episode of under the cosh to know what footballers are like, they take the mickey all the time usually out of each others dress sense for starters. When a manager comes in wearing cowboy boots and a leather jacket they are going to take the piss out of him behind his back and if they don't like his tactics or coaching the same. I'm sure when Ainsworth was a player he took the piss a fair bit as well

I hear what you are saying, Dave, but if the rumours are true, it shows a total lack of self-awareness. These players are adults. It's one thing larking about if things are going well or acceptably, but these fools need to wise up to the gravity of the situation: we have been abject since October, we have comfortably been the worst side in the division for over half a season and we are hurtling towards a disastrous relegation into a division we have not been in for many a year.

Oh, and when it comes to the "We were eight points above the drop zone before Ainsworth came in" argument made earlier on this thread, that is a very misleading take because it conveniently overlooks the fact that we had been on a long slide down the table.

It's like the driver of a runaway train handing over control to someone else, the train crashing, then the original driver saying: "Well, it didn't crash while I was driving it".

I honestly hate most of these players now.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:32 - Apr 21 with 2204 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:05 - Apr 21 by traininvain

The decision to appoint Ainsworth looked misguided at the time and gets worse with every story coming out of the club. There was always going to be a culture clash between our squad of prima donnas and Ainsworth whose methods seem to be a throwback to an era long gone. The style of football was never going to fly with this squad.

Nevertheless, someone at the club decided it was a good idea and I daresay that person is paid a lot of money to get such decisions right. Whoever made that call is ultimately responsible for this mess imo.

The same players who were cùnting off Critchley in public…. Who the fùck do they think they are, other than the worst team I’ve ever seen in the hoops?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:42 - Apr 21 with 2171 viewsTheChef

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 21:03 - Apr 20 by swisscottage

Geez,.

Laird's been pony for 6 months.
Willock's been pony for 6 months
Johannsen's been pony for 6 months.

Drewe, for all his defensive frailties gives us more attacking threat with his long throw than Laird's ability to hit the defender every single time.
Willock is just a shocking liability and a waste of a shirt these days as is Johansen.

Why does there have to be any conspiracy theory at all about them not being selected?

Ha, thank you!

Arguably Johansen has been pony for 12 months if not more...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:45 - Apr 21 with 2159 viewsBklynRanger

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:20 - Apr 21 by R_from_afar

I hear what you are saying, Dave, but if the rumours are true, it shows a total lack of self-awareness. These players are adults. It's one thing larking about if things are going well or acceptably, but these fools need to wise up to the gravity of the situation: we have been abject since October, we have comfortably been the worst side in the division for over half a season and we are hurtling towards a disastrous relegation into a division we have not been in for many a year.

Oh, and when it comes to the "We were eight points above the drop zone before Ainsworth came in" argument made earlier on this thread, that is a very misleading take because it conveniently overlooks the fact that we had been on a long slide down the table.

It's like the driver of a runaway train handing over control to someone else, the train crashing, then the original driver saying: "Well, it didn't crash while I was driving it".

I agree with what you say about that 8 points above the drop argument. We've got every right to be frustrated that Ainsworth wasn't able to get a tune out f these players, but apart from a couple of very purple purple patches (under Warbs and Dickface) neither could the previous 3 managers.

The football has been poor yes, but so was watching the ball move back and forth between the back 4 / 5, with no movement up front from our better players in the positions that allegedly suited them.

I can't really argue with him coming in and choosing players who give a shit over players who don't - the other approach hasn't worked for months. And he did spend a while trying to get some of those vaguely talented but brittle wee shits on side. If he's fallen out with Laird now he was vocally defending him a couple of weeks ago so something has clearly gone wrong there. One way or another Ainsworth does now bear a proportion of the responsibility, but we all know its far bigger than that.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 9:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:57 - Apr 21 with 2104 viewstoboboly

Classic QPR fans here.

Whenever we get beat by a hardworking, organised team with less talent we all sit and moan that we can't have a team like that. We bemoan players having more power than the manager.

Now we have a manager trying to engender a hard working team, trying to draw a line in the sand, trying to make us more than the sum of our parts and people are suggesting a loanee whom hasn't had a decent game since October should be in the squad.

Baffling.

I can understand slating Ainsworth for tactics/set up, I have been bewildered as well. But I don't think you can slate him for rooting out people who couldn't care about the club, the badge or the fans. He should be applauded, and in fact the 1st half was better than we have seen for a while so maybe there is something in it?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 2099 viewstraininvain

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:32 - Apr 21 by Northolt_Rs

The same players who were cùnting off Critchley in public…. Who the fùck do they think they are, other than the worst team I’ve ever seen in the hoops?

No arguments here. They’re one of the worst squads I’ve seen at qpr. But I still think the appointment of Ainsworth was the equivalent of throwing water on a chip pan fire.

The two positions aren’t mutually exclusive. Many of the players are unprofessional and I can’t wait to see the back of them. But appointing Ainsworth has escalated the situation.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:03 - Apr 21 with 2061 viewsdaveB

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:20 - Apr 21 by R_from_afar

Yeah I am not saying they are right to do it but it's what footballers and any group of young men put together would do. I mean if my boss came in dressed like that and got us all to do the haka I'd probably take the piss out of him as well

Disagree on the 8 points thing, we were 8 points clear on the slide but were about to face 2 of the bottom 3 plus a struggling Birmingham at home. Reading have since been deducted 6 points, it was going to take a horrific run to end up relegated but we've managed it
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:05 - Apr 21 with 2053 viewstoboboly

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:03 - Apr 21 by daveB

Yeah I am not saying they are right to do it but it's what footballers and any group of young men put together would do. I mean if my boss came in dressed like that and got us all to do the haka I'd probably take the piss out of him as well

Disagree on the 8 points thing, we were 8 points clear on the slide but were about to face 2 of the bottom 3 plus a struggling Birmingham at home. Reading have since been deducted 6 points, it was going to take a horrific run to end up relegated but we've managed it

The first rule of work is if you take the piss out of the boss you don't let them catch you. If they catch you then you deserve the fcking they give you.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:09 - Apr 21 with 2009 viewsdaveB

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:05 - Apr 21 by toboboly

The first rule of work is if you take the piss out of the boss you don't let them catch you. If they catch you then you deserve the fcking they give you.

of course.

I do find it quite convenient though that this rumour has come about after all 3 didn't feature the other night. Not a chance it's only these 3 but they are the ones named and thrown under the bus.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:15 - Apr 21 with 1964 viewsNorthernr

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:09 - Apr 21 by daveB

of course.

I do find it quite convenient though that this rumour has come about after all 3 didn't feature the other night. Not a chance it's only these 3 but they are the ones named and thrown under the bus.

I think there's a lot (A LOT) of this stuff been going on behind the scenes over the last 18 months. They've chosen to try and keep it in house, keep a lid on it, keep the show on the road, deal with it in the summer after we stay up, but as it becomes increasingly apparent we're not going to it's going to start seeping out now. Sadly in that atmosphere there will be lots and lots of, as Baz says, the worst sort of Twitter people spreading stuff that is just completely made up, just for the clout of doing so, and then we're back in the situation of not knowing what's true and what's false again.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:16 - Apr 21 with 1958 viewsTheChef

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:15 - Apr 21 by Northernr

I think there's a lot (A LOT) of this stuff been going on behind the scenes over the last 18 months. They've chosen to try and keep it in house, keep a lid on it, keep the show on the road, deal with it in the summer after we stay up, but as it becomes increasingly apparent we're not going to it's going to start seeping out now. Sadly in that atmosphere there will be lots and lots of, as Baz says, the worst sort of Twitter people spreading stuff that is just completely made up, just for the clout of doing so, and then we're back in the situation of not knowing what's true and what's false again.

That future Undr The Cosh episode with Jimmy Dunne is going to be a corker

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:24 - Apr 21 with 1905 viewsrobith

And these days twitter rumour become established fact and people repeat them verbatim as the truth.

The formation thing is interesting though. Everyone using 442 as a stick to beat Ainsworth with, but he rarely played at Wycombe. 433 in attack, 451 in defence, for life. Yet suddenly here he's settled on this?
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:25 - Apr 21 with 1899 viewsNorthernr

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:24 - Apr 21 by robith

And these days twitter rumour become established fact and people repeat them verbatim as the truth.

The formation thing is interesting though. Everyone using 442 as a stick to beat Ainsworth with, but he rarely played at Wycombe. 433 in attack, 451 in defence, for life. Yet suddenly here he's settled on this?

Well he strongly hinted in his interview last week that he'd had to abandon what he wanted to do because the players wouldn't wear it - or "weren't comfortable".
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:25 - Apr 21 with 1897 viewsQPR_Jim

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:11 - Apr 21 by bosh67

Problem is that Ainsworth can't win.

If he turns a blind eye, plays them and they don't perform he gets slaughtered.
If he leaves them out he gets slaughtered.

The biggest problems are that I don't think Willock trusts his own hamstrings and looks terrified on the pitch. Injuries have caught up with Johansen and his body just won't do what his mind wants to do and Laird may well be a player that needs an arm around him and Ainsworth may feel he doesn't have time to do that here. Plus go up or go down he won't be here next season.

I feel for Ainsworth because he genuinely cares where others don't but I think there are only a handful of players that have bought into his request to play a certain way. The rest just want out of the club.

If we're to believe that Beale flogged him to death and that's the reason that he's a shadow of himself, then logically he wouldn't go to Rangers for the benefit of his own career and also because Beale will know he's done. If the rumours are true and in the summer he signs for Rangers at a knocked down price, then it seems clear to me that he's been manufacturing a move since Beale left and both Beale and Willock are complicit in screwing the club over that gave them a platform.

Not sure what a DoF or manager can do in that situation but I'd refuse to sell him to Rangers even if they're the highest bidder.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 1861 viewsTheChef

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:25 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Well he strongly hinted in his interview last week that he'd had to abandon what he wanted to do because the players wouldn't wear it - or "weren't comfortable".

Well clearly he's playing 442 because Chris Martin told him to.

#ITK

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 1824 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:33 - Apr 20 by Hunterhoop

If there is any truth to this, the four of them can do one. Absolutely pathetic. You’re paid by the club. You’re a professional. Knuckle down and do your job better. The only thing that is embarrassing is them.

Whatever you think about his tactics, Ainsworth is ten times the man they are.

The situation we’re in and they’re pissing around at the back of the class like teenagers. D*ckheads. Do your job better before you laugh at or criticise anyone else.

Let's make sure we all take at total face value someone who is just posting for the very first time and get really angry about it shall we?

Bare bones.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 1807 viewsBklynRanger

Mainly to avoid doing any actual work I just had a look at the losing runs this core group of 'men' (copyright PBBC) have been capable of in recent times.

This is since that superb win against Reading at home last season and the subsequent cup loss to Peterborough.

Warbs: 14 games, 8 points (followed by 2 wins in 4 to end the season)
Beale: 5 games, 1 point
Critchley: 12 games, 8 points
Ainsworth: 10 games, 5 points

I don't find any of them that different.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 1771 viewsCamberleyR

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:25 - Apr 21 by QPR_Jim

If we're to believe that Beale flogged him to death and that's the reason that he's a shadow of himself, then logically he wouldn't go to Rangers for the benefit of his own career and also because Beale will know he's done. If the rumours are true and in the summer he signs for Rangers at a knocked down price, then it seems clear to me that he's been manufacturing a move since Beale left and both Beale and Willock are complicit in screwing the club over that gave them a platform.

Not sure what a DoF or manager can do in that situation but I'd refuse to sell him to Rangers even if they're the highest bidder.

Sorry to keep labouring the point but the evidence is before our own eyes that fatso mole face flogged Willock into the ground. After missing three games after playing the opening home game, he played all but 69 minutes of the next seven games playing an average of 80 minutes per game and then 56 in the next at Bramall Lane before the inevitable.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:45 - Apr 21 with 1759 viewsTrom

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:33 - Apr 20 by Hunterhoop

If there is any truth to this, the four of them can do one. Absolutely pathetic. You’re paid by the club. You’re a professional. Knuckle down and do your job better. The only thing that is embarrassing is them.

Whatever you think about his tactics, Ainsworth is ten times the man they are.

The situation we’re in and they’re pissing around at the back of the class like teenagers. D*ckheads. Do your job better before you laugh at or criticise anyone else.

It would be easier to blame Ainsworth if the same players hadn't also shown this attitude with Critchley.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:02 - Apr 21 with 1683 viewsdaveB

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:57 - Apr 21 by toboboly

Classic QPR fans here.

Whenever we get beat by a hardworking, organised team with less talent we all sit and moan that we can't have a team like that. We bemoan players having more power than the manager.

Now we have a manager trying to engender a hard working team, trying to draw a line in the sand, trying to make us more than the sum of our parts and people are suggesting a loanee whom hasn't had a decent game since October should be in the squad.

Baffling.

I can understand slating Ainsworth for tactics/set up, I have been bewildered as well. But I don't think you can slate him for rooting out people who couldn't care about the club, the badge or the fans. He should be applauded, and in fact the 1st half was better than we have seen for a while so maybe there is something in it?

First half was better mainly because Norwich were utter shit, same as Watford. As soon as they started playing even slightly like a real team they carved us open.

Seems a bit easy to say the players don't care etc, maybe they don't but Ainsworth was in public saying Thank you to Ethan Laird the other week for playing against Wigan, he also said there are no bad eggs and they are a great bunch, Laid and co were the cavalry coming to save us so we've gone from that to we're supposed to believe Laird can't even be in the squad (despite coming on a few days ago)

I get that Ainsworth wants to be positive but don't single out players for praise and then we're supposed to believe now that those players are the problem

There are tons of problems at QPR, one of them is going to be to try and find the right characters, again they were all great last season and in October but all evil now. How Ainsworth has set us up though is a big problem and if Critchley had done this he'd have been absolutely slaughtered.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:22 - Apr 21 with 1556 viewsNorthernr

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:45 - Apr 21 by Trom

It would be easier to blame Ainsworth if the same players hadn't also shown this attitude with Critchley.

This group of players has been losing consistently for a year and a half and four managers.
The manager isn't your issue.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024