Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield 14:50 - Sep 25 with 12304 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60932/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 14:53 - Sep 27 with 2646 viewsDareToCalvin

For a loss, I'm pretty happy with that. Yes it's never nice to lose, but we played well I thought against the team who will run away with it this year. As others have said, we were always in the game and the fact they can bring on Ollie Banks and Grigg and have players like Naylor starting, who are seasoned EFL pros, shows the gulf in experience of the squads.
We played some nice stuff and if we play like that in every game from now until May, we will win a hell of a lot more than we'll lose.

Also shoutout to Cameron John, really gutted for him to go off injured. He has improved so much and nothing but respect for his desire to turn his Dale career around. Speedy recovery mate.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 15:09 - Sep 27 with 2573 views49thseason

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:09 - Sep 27 by D_Alien

I'm sure it'll appear on the OS in due course

What do you feel you've missed out on?

Apparently TNT had it on twitter .. Sorry , X, just after the game. The Club caught up 16 hours later, It just seemed To me to be an opportunity to do some really good PR, TV cameras, a decent crowd, and it was a big nothing burger when it could have been a really good opportunity to show the Club in its best light and highlight one of our sponsors. Why didn't they throw it onto the big screen? Was the Chairman there last night? Were any potential investors watching who may have been impressed by something more than a handshake? I don't know. But its too late now, I just see missed opportunities
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 15:17 - Sep 27 with 2545 viewssamueloneils

Take the point about zonal marking. I cant say I have ever seen it successful in the lower divisions- likewise not leaving a player upfield at dead balls., especially with Mouldens excellent quick distribution.

What worries me most though is the total dependence on Mitchell up front. Great to see him score twice recently. What would we do if he was injured? We have no other striker as such. We can`t expect the wide players to keep scoring 60% pf the goals . Rodney back would help but neither of them for instance can head the ball and dominate defenders physically.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 18:47 - Sep 27 with 2243 viewsDale_4_Life

What would be peoples guess on the difference in playing budgets last night.

I will go Chesterfields will be at least x2.5 what we are working with.

Not that it matters. We are where we are as we (The Club) made basket case decisions in the last 2-3 years. I am hoping the purse strings are drawn tight and we have stopped the eye watering month by month losses.

Played some good stuff last night and lost by the odd goal. For now most fans seem reasonably happy with our start to the season and optimistic this group of players (who seem to really get it) will win more games than we lose.

Onwards to our next test Southend at Spotland on Saturday.

Chesterfield are quite obviously going for gold this season, good luck to them.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 22:01 - Sep 27 with 1957 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:49 - Sep 26 by AtThePeake

7 goals against Chesterfield in his career, all for Dale.

It's even better than that, he has 8, including one in the EFL Cup.

21/1/14 at Chesterfield (1)
16/8/14 at Chesterfield (1 pen)
21/2/15 at Spotland (1)
9/1/16 at Spotland (1)
9/8/16 at Spotland (EFL Cup) (1)
26/12/16 at Spotland (2)
25/3/17 at Chesterfield (1)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 09:37 - Sep 28 with 1606 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 22:01 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

It's even better than that, he has 8, including one in the EFL Cup.

21/1/14 at Chesterfield (1)
16/8/14 at Chesterfield (1 pen)
21/2/15 at Spotland (1)
9/1/16 at Spotland (1)
9/8/16 at Spotland (EFL Cup) (1)
26/12/16 at Spotland (2)
25/3/17 at Chesterfield (1)

Ah, I missed the EFL Cup one!

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 08:19 - Sep 29 with 1185 viewsseasidedale

Sorry, but missed it what was Tuesday attendance? Thanks in advance
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 10:27 - Sep 29 with 1030 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 08:19 - Sep 29 by seasidedale

Sorry, but missed it what was Tuesday attendance? Thanks in advance

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024