Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T'2023 ODI World Cup 12:19 - Oct 4 with 8730 viewsD_Alien

Starts tomorrow, against our 'old rivals' (in ODI terms) New Zealand

There's talk about it maybe being the last 50-over tournament, or at least marking a curtailment of the number of full-day ODIs being played, so a lot riding on us to retain the trophy and of course India will be desperate to get their hands on it on home turf

As far as i'm concerned, it comes as a welcome sporting relief from Dale

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:05 - Oct 26 with 2191 viewsBigKindo

134 for 7.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:14 - Oct 26 with 2176 viewsD_Alien

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 11:47 - Oct 26 by since58

Cannot believe what im seeing. There has to something serously wrong behind
the scenes to be playing like this.

That's the conclusion i've reached too. It's like Joe Root's final series as test captain in the Caribbean, something has to change

FWIW, i don't think bringing a half-fit Stokes back into the squad helped, with Buttler bound to be overshadowed by his leadership presence

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:16 - Oct 26 with 2163 viewspioneer

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:14 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

That's the conclusion i've reached too. It's like Joe Root's final series as test captain in the Caribbean, something has to change

FWIW, i don't think bringing a half-fit Stokes back into the squad helped, with Buttler bound to be overshadowed by his leadership presence

Just as you think things cannot get any worse…..
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:24 - Oct 26 with 2149 viewssince58

156 all out lowest batting score on this ground ffs.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:26 - Oct 26 with 2146 viewsRodingdale

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:16 - Oct 26 by pioneer

Just as you think things cannot get any worse…..

It’s India on Sunday Skys advert bigging it up is quite amusing - we’ll get annihilated.

Team looks like they don’t want to be there.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:33 - Oct 26 with 2138 viewssince58

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:26 - Oct 26 by Rodingdale

It’s India on Sunday Skys advert bigging it up is quite amusing - we’ll get annihilated.

Team looks like they don’t want to be there.

Hope it rains to save us from more embarressment. 😢😢😢
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:39 - Oct 26 with 2136 viewsJames1980

Is this more of a shock than say Spain getting knocked out of the 2014 world cup in the group stage?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:45 - Oct 26 with 2131 viewsD_Alien

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:39 - Oct 26 by James1980

Is this more of a shock than say Spain getting knocked out of the 2014 world cup in the group stage?

There are no shocks left to be had in English sport, James

Login to get fewer ads

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 07:10 - Oct 27 with 1995 viewsNigeriamark

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 12:45 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

There are no shocks left to be had in English sport, James

Mark Butcher on the Wisden podcast said it could be the worst defence of a world title in sports history. Might be a slight exaggeration but I know what he means. I watched it yesterday, and as some pointed out earlier, you can’t believe what you saw. Every player over 30 years old, the first time ever in the World Cup and only the third time in any ODI. Apparently the experience of being there and having done it before was the big idea. Back to the drawing board !!I think we need to say goodbye to a number of these players & have Buttler back to being just a player again.

I fear for us against India, although it seems we still have a 4% chance of qualifying according to CricInfo !!!
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 10:42 - Oct 27 with 1942 viewspioneer

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 07:10 - Oct 27 by Nigeriamark

Mark Butcher on the Wisden podcast said it could be the worst defence of a world title in sports history. Might be a slight exaggeration but I know what he means. I watched it yesterday, and as some pointed out earlier, you can’t believe what you saw. Every player over 30 years old, the first time ever in the World Cup and only the third time in any ODI. Apparently the experience of being there and having done it before was the big idea. Back to the drawing board !!I think we need to say goodbye to a number of these players & have Buttler back to being just a player again.

I fear for us against India, although it seems we still have a 4% chance of qualifying according to CricInfo !!!

Add up the number of 50 over games the line up have played in the year leading up to defending their title. Pure arrogance thinking they could flick the switch and beat all and sundry.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 20:23 - Oct 28 with 1870 viewspioneer

Fantastic game between Aussies and kiwis following that belter between Saffers and Pakistan.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 14:32 - Oct 29 with 1797 viewsRodingdale

Great performance by the bowlers - over to the batsmen - oh hang on….😬
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 15:05 - Oct 29 with 1776 viewssince58

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 14:32 - Oct 29 by Rodingdale

Great performance by the bowlers - over to the batsmen - oh hang on….😬

Like Brian Clough once said were a good team on paper, but we dont play on paper. Up to now another abject perfomance.!!!
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 15:53 - Oct 29 with 1746 viewssince58

Absolute shambles.
30/0 to 52 /5 wtf.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 16:23 - Oct 29 with 1740 viewsD_Alien

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 15:53 - Oct 29 by since58

Absolute shambles.
30/0 to 52 /5 wtf.

There's defeats, and there's miserable capitulations, and this campaign has been a litany of the latter

Buttler would resign if he's got any sense, and go back to just playing his game

The danger is this will spill over into the test tour of India, who gained another huge psychological advantage today

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 20:52 - Oct 29 with 1670 viewspioneer

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 16:23 - Oct 29 by D_Alien

There's defeats, and there's miserable capitulations, and this campaign has been a litany of the latter

Buttler would resign if he's got any sense, and go back to just playing his game

The danger is this will spill over into the test tour of India, who gained another huge psychological advantage today

If they go into the India tour with the same lack of preparation as they did for this world cup the outcome is likely to be the same.

Too many T20 competitons to kowtow to.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 21:05 - Oct 29 with 1659 viewsEllDale

Or The Hundred.
The whole of August was given over to this with the 50 over domestic competition relegated to basically second string teams.
Fail to Prepare….Prepare to Fail as the old saying goes.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 13:05 - Nov 3 with 1466 viewsD_Alien

Stokes to undergo surgery on the long-standing (no pun intended) knee problem

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ben-stokes-to-undergo-knee-surgery-after-worl

Best of luck, and really hope it works. Wider interview refreshingly short on bullshit, which is precisely why we need his leadership

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 15:12 - Nov 3 with 1378 viewsEllDale

Personally I was intrigued to see an interview with Joe Root where he says that if you look at the England line-up and compare it to that of Australia then he’d rather have the former.
Or am I misunderstanding him?
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 16:54 - Nov 4 with 1251 viewssince58

Rotten tk the core. Absolute shamles on and off the field.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 05:22 - Nov 7 with 1124 viewsNigeriamark

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 15:12 - Nov 3 by EllDale

Personally I was intrigued to see an interview with Joe Root where he says that if you look at the England line-up and compare it to that of Australia then he’d rather have the former.
Or am I misunderstanding him?

Also said that the 50 over format had become less relevant these days. Wasn’t saying that 4 years ago when we were winning it.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 15:58 - Nov 19 with 991 viewsD_Alien

Much as i'd normally be hoping the Aussies get beat whoever they're playing, beating India in their own backyard deserves all credit due, and stops the Indians from being too full of themselves when our test series starts in the new year

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 17:11 - Nov 19 with 908 viewsEllDale

Totally stunning performance from Australia.
We’ve talked on various football threads on here about a having a “winning mentality” and the Aussies certainly have that.
I wanted Australia to win, partially because there was a suspicion that the ruling political party in India were perhaps using the competition for purposes of prestige.
Cricket was the winner though.
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 19:04 - Nov 19 with 864 viewspioneer

T'2023 ODI World Cup on 17:11 - Nov 19 by EllDale

Totally stunning performance from Australia.
We’ve talked on various football threads on here about a having a “winning mentality” and the Aussies certainly have that.
I wanted Australia to win, partially because there was a suspicion that the ruling political party in India were perhaps using the competition for purposes of prestige.
Cricket was the winner though.

That amazing catch by Head changed the game. And then Kohlis dismissal took the crowd out of it.

A great all round performance by the Aussies
T'2023 ODI World Cup on 22:17 - Dec 21 with 534 viewsDorsetDale

Interesting statement from Lancs Chairman regarding future of
The Hundred

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024