Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maidenhead away match thread. 15:38 - Oct 7 with 11546 views442Dale

Winning 1-0, Mitchell again.

Six goals for the no.9 so far and it is the first week in October.

Great to see Rodney back involved.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 15:48]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Maidenhead away match thread. on 15:13 - Oct 8 with 2038 viewsTVOS1907

Maidenhead away match thread. on 14:37 - Oct 8 by 49thseason

Well lets put it this way then, those of us who have watched for this and the previous 5 seasons have seen us lose or draw 101 times out of 138 attempts, despite the mathematical exactitudes 37 wins in 138 attempts is desperately poor. Unlike rolling a fair die, we have 100s of variables and different oppositions to contend with, I get that, but the likelihood is that we will draw or lose, and over time the draw or loss is running at the better part of 75 % of attempts.... at home!.. its not normal....

"In the five seasons between 2015-16 and 2019-20, the home team won in 45.8% of Premier League matches and 43.3% of EFL Championship matches.

Across Europe’s top leagues, Spain’s La Liga had the highest percentage of home wins with 46.6%, followed by the French Ligue 1 with 45.4%, Germany’s Bundesliga with 44.8%, and Italy’s Serie A with 44.6%."

Currently in L2 home wins are running at 48%, in the National League its 40%

Our away form is fairly normal, there is simply no tangible home advantage.

I know.

But, from September-December 2016 we won ten consecutive home games. The premise of the post I replied to is that anyone turning up at any point in that run would have had a 100% chance of seeing us win, which simply isn't true.

We know the home form isn't good enough and I'm sure everyone at the club knows that as well. Turning it around is one of the many challenges we face.

Presumably this was one of the subjects you raised when you had your individual meeting at the club?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 15:18]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Maidenhead away match thread. on 15:56 - Oct 8 with 1928 views49thseason

Maidenhead away match thread. on 15:13 - Oct 8 by TVOS1907

I know.

But, from September-December 2016 we won ten consecutive home games. The premise of the post I replied to is that anyone turning up at any point in that run would have had a 100% chance of seeing us win, which simply isn't true.

We know the home form isn't good enough and I'm sure everyone at the club knows that as well. Turning it around is one of the many challenges we face.

Presumably this was one of the subjects you raised when you had your individual meeting at the club?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 15:18]

No comment, but nice try..
Maidenhead away match thread. on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 1899 viewsTVOS1907

Maidenhead away match thread. on 15:56 - Oct 8 by 49thseason

No comment, but nice try..

"We have done our job, we buy tickets, ...... Its time for those with the real ability to change things to pull their fingers out, figure out what the problem is and fix it."

... which means people at the club, does it not?

I don't want to know the ins and outs of your individual meeting(s), but surely the above cropped up in conversation?

Maidenhead away match thread. on 17:20 - Oct 8 with 1766 viewsD_Alien

Maidenhead away match thread. on 16:10 - Oct 8 by TVOS1907

"We have done our job, we buy tickets, ...... Its time for those with the real ability to change things to pull their fingers out, figure out what the problem is and fix it."

... which means people at the club, does it not?

I don't want to know the ins and outs of your individual meeting(s), but surely the above cropped up in conversation?

Perhaps it was "a wasted opportunity"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Maidenhead away match thread. on 20:05 - Oct 8 with 1537 viewsTVOS1907

Maidenhead away match thread. on 17:20 - Oct 8 by D_Alien

Perhaps it was "a wasted opportunity"

No comment..

Maidenhead away match thread. on 06:57 - Oct 9 with 1273 viewsDale_4_Life

Good to see Rodney back.. if he can start to fire he could be the missing jigsaw piece.

Also credit to Kairo Mitchell who pulled the trigger quickly with his left foot and it resulted in the opening goal. It was a frustration to not see Mitchell shoot v Solihull in what looked like an easier opportunity so fair play on Saturday.

There is something there its just finding the magic formulae to go on an extended run and average 2 points a game to push for the top 7.

FA Cup Action on Saturday and then Oldham at home. An exciting two weeks as a Dale supporter.
Maidenhead away match thread. on 10:46 - Oct 9 with 1064 viewswheniwasyourage

Maidenhead away match thread. on 06:57 - Oct 9 by Dale_4_Life

Good to see Rodney back.. if he can start to fire he could be the missing jigsaw piece.

Also credit to Kairo Mitchell who pulled the trigger quickly with his left foot and it resulted in the opening goal. It was a frustration to not see Mitchell shoot v Solihull in what looked like an easier opportunity so fair play on Saturday.

There is something there its just finding the magic formulae to go on an extended run and average 2 points a game to push for the top 7.

FA Cup Action on Saturday and then Oldham at home. An exciting two weeks as a Dale supporter.

I know I usually use AI to mock the performances and tactics (computer said no) but...

Hayes, Rodney & Sinclair

Could be a really devastating trio... interesting to watch how they combine and perform.
Maidenhead away match thread. on 12:10 - Oct 9 with 966 viewsAtThePeake

Maidenhead away match thread. on 20:53 - Oct 7 by 49thseason

Winning at home is the whole raison d'etre of a football club, fans want to watch their club win at home, Last season Wrexham won 22 out of 23 games and look what happened to their crowds, Notts County won 17, drew 5 and lost just 1. We have won just 37 times at home in the last 138 attempts! Frankly its amazing anyone bothers to attend.
Fix the home form and you solve so many of the clubs problems not to mention putting a spring in the step of the whole town

It's pure negligence from those at the club to not consider winning more home games over the last six or seven years really.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024