Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting 17:17 - Oct 14 with 14636 views442Dale

With a potentially crucial revenue stream now not able to be exploited, planning for possible future scenarios takes on even more importance as time continues to tick by. For reference, again, supporters showed real interest at the fans meeting with the Trust on the 25th August in looking at what role we can all play, and a further meeting was requested that evening with it being stressed how important it was to not let too much time pass - before the Halifax and Barnet games were two suggestions (the 2nd and 16th of September).

Last Sunday the following was posted on this messageboard:
Specific details about the opportunities for volunteers are due to be released by the end of this week.

On the other subjects raised in this thread it is crucial the fans meeting the Trust have planned is confirmed as soon as possible. The lack of clarity around our current situation is becoming an obvious problem.
The importance of this fans meeting was established in the Trust newsletter released at the start of October:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20

<<“ We have a fans meeting planned for later this month. It is currently booked in for the morning of the Oldham game. However, given the issues that we faced when we held a meeting ahead of the Bromley game, we are looking at what will be the best way of hosting that event. It is important that such a meeting is held ahead of our meeting with the Directors a few days later, but with a larger crowd expected for this game, it may be counter productive. We will update members sooner rather than later with respect to this.”>>

So, since that post on the 8th and then noting that the newsletter came out at the start of the month, has anyone heard anything about the already scheduled fans meeting? Especially as we were expecting to hear “sooner rather than later”. Or any updates from the volunteer meeting for that matter.

Results should never impact delaying achievable work on the future of the football club, whether it’s when we were winning, or even today. But everyone knows how going out of the cup will be a definite financial blow.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 17:19]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 14:19 - Oct 21 with 1563 viewsD_Alien

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 14:09 - Oct 21 by RAFCBLUE

It’s a fair point DA, but don’t shareholders propose, appoint and remove Directors to a Board of Directors?

Your question “If we had a Board….” doesn’t reflect that with c 15% of shares, the Trust is already a powerful block of votes for deciding the composition and direction of the Boardroom.

True, and that's perhaps why there's a move to try to change the Terms of Reference around the MOU, the outcome of which should be something that Trust members can be confident in, that progress has been made

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:04 - Oct 21 with 1357 viewsTalkingSutty

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 11:41 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

I don't see that as pedantic - it gets to the very heart of the matter

The simple answer is: the Trust must have an awareness of what they wish to get out of the meeting. Do they come away feeling that's been achieved, or not; and how engaged are the Directors in seeking to meet the Trust as a significant shareholder, representing its members and who'll still be here when ownership dust has settled

I accept that's not a concrete outcome (no "building houses on the ground" puns please)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 12:00]

Thanks for the reply.👍
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 16:35 - Oct 24 with 1036 viewsDale_4_Life

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:50 - Oct 17 by judd

Where or from whom did you hear this please?

Hi Judd

I am limiting my posts on here i do not want to offend Mr or Mrs Dale4life.

I would rather not say but i believe what I was told to be true.

For balance the situation is bad but recoverable if sensible action combined with fundraising is sooner rather than later.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 16:44 - Oct 24 with 1011 viewsJames1980

An impression I got speaking to someone on Saturday was there is little or no joined up thinking or holistic approach at the club doesn't really exist.
(Sorry for the management and hippie language)

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 19:59 - Oct 28 with 638 viewsJames1980

Another question.
Had the board members not had to.purchase the shares acquired by MH would the situation be as perilous financial?
Follow up
Were they expecting to be told to purchase those share or was it a surprise?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 19:59]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024