Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver 16:05 - Nov 13 with 8601 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/friendforafiver_altrincham/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:06 - Nov 20 with 1803 viewsD_Alien

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:51 - Nov 20 by TVOS1907

Walk in backwards...

I've already requested a seat facing the back wall

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:09 - Nov 20 with 1788 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:51 - Nov 20 by TVOS1907

Walk in backwards...

Walk in backwards on Boxing Day as opposed to 'Walking Backwards for Christmas'

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:23 - Nov 20 with 1735 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:50 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

Last post…

Is there only me that can see issues with this.. ok .. Season Card holders aside and whatever they paid this year would be pretty hissed off with a quid.. 2 quid matches moving forwards & the more I think about it, it was half season tickets…

As a club we don’t have the infrastructure on match days to increase the crowd x 3 within a week depending on ticket sales if everyone bought them as Xmas presents…

Someone who is well remembered is posting me 3 pound coins to get me to go… still not having it but that’s my decision..

We have tried free tickets to Schools etc but sending e mails like the club have done on this without a plan behind it is beyond me

We would be able to plan because any bought in advance would allow the club to plan for things like stewarding/bar staff numbers. Much as they do for a bigger cup game when numbers rise - see Spurs/Newcastle.

Don’t get me wrong, there have always been issues around capitalising on when we get bigger crowds, but that is a whole separate subject and we do indeed need to hear about the plan going forward after the Fylde game. However, it’s a great initiative on a day when families often look for things to do.

Again, no season card holder who wants the club to progress should have issues with ideas like 49season’s. If you can afford a season card, why be bothered in the future whether other fans benefit from offers? If we can find anyone who really would be annoyed by it, then maybe we should ask what they’d like to see happen instead.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:45 - Nov 20 with 1666 viewsblackdogblue

Ok you got me 442…

We would be able to plan because any bought in advance would allow the club to plan for things like stewarding/bar staff numbers. Much as they do for a bigger cup game when numbers rise - see Spurs/Newcastle.

Ok… tickets are on sale up & until Xmas Eve… 4,000 people buy them at 4pm as as last minute gift on the website…

Plan F or Z for that 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:50 - Nov 20 with 1658 viewsRodingdale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:45 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

Ok you got me 442…

Ok… tickets are on sale up & until Xmas Eve… 4,000 people buy them at 4pm as as last minute gift on the website…

Plan F or Z for that 🤷‍♂️

What a nice problem to have that would be.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:01 - Nov 20 with 1620 viewsDaleBars

Hiya everyone,

I thought I'd share some insights from the bar side. During our last Tuesday home match against Gateshead, we made a total revenue of £3,700.85 from all the bars including Ratcliffe, Dale bar, 1907, AK Bar, and Our Spot.

After not having a home match for three weeks, we lost eight staff members due to other commitments or seeking more regular work. During the match against Aldershot on Saturday, we were six members short, which meant an average of three staff members per bar.

The match turned out to be busier than we had anticipated, which was fantastic. Despite being understaffed, the bars performed exceptionally well under pressure. In fact, it was our third-highest bar taking of the season. The staff worked tirelessly, with some members putting in 12-16 hour shifts. We thank you for your patience and apologise if your waiting time was longer than usual.

Tomorrow bring a friend for fiver, we will not be increasing the number of staff at the bars. Tuesday nights are particularly challenging to staff, as we tend to lose more team members due to university, college, or full-time employment commitments. As I'm writing this, I have just received a message from a team member who has been asked to work at their full-time job. We anticipate a turnout similar to the one we had for the Aldershot match last weekend.

I understand that waiting time could be longer if the match turns out to be busier than expected. However, I would like to remind you that staffing on Tuesday nights is usually challenging. Therefore, I kindly request your patience if you end up having to wait longer than anticipated. Please bear with us as we value your purchases, and we would hate to lose your custom.

We are closing the AK Bar in hospitality boxes.

See you all tomorrow.
Bar Team

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:11 - Nov 20 with 1588 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:01 - Nov 20 by DaleBars

Hiya everyone,

I thought I'd share some insights from the bar side. During our last Tuesday home match against Gateshead, we made a total revenue of £3,700.85 from all the bars including Ratcliffe, Dale bar, 1907, AK Bar, and Our Spot.

After not having a home match for three weeks, we lost eight staff members due to other commitments or seeking more regular work. During the match against Aldershot on Saturday, we were six members short, which meant an average of three staff members per bar.

The match turned out to be busier than we had anticipated, which was fantastic. Despite being understaffed, the bars performed exceptionally well under pressure. In fact, it was our third-highest bar taking of the season. The staff worked tirelessly, with some members putting in 12-16 hour shifts. We thank you for your patience and apologise if your waiting time was longer than usual.

Tomorrow bring a friend for fiver, we will not be increasing the number of staff at the bars. Tuesday nights are particularly challenging to staff, as we tend to lose more team members due to university, college, or full-time employment commitments. As I'm writing this, I have just received a message from a team member who has been asked to work at their full-time job. We anticipate a turnout similar to the one we had for the Aldershot match last weekend.

I understand that waiting time could be longer if the match turns out to be busier than expected. However, I would like to remind you that staffing on Tuesday nights is usually challenging. Therefore, I kindly request your patience if you end up having to wait longer than anticipated. Please bear with us as we value your purchases, and we would hate to lose your custom.

See you all tomorrow.
Bar Team

Firstly, a big thank you to yourself and all your staff. Hopefully all Dale fans will cut them a bit of slack and wait a little longer for a pint with no moaning tomorrow!

Also, explanations and detail like this are so simple yet so effective. This could so easily apply across the entire club, because it allows fans to appreciate the efforts of all involved.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 23:46 - Nov 20 with 1445 views49thseason

Thinking about the attitude of season ticket holders to the selling of cheaper seats or cut- price season,tickets for new purchasers, the solution surely is to recognise the longer-term season ticket holders ( say 5 consecutive seasons) by perhaps admitting them into some sort of " executive club" whereby they get perks like permanently reserved seats for ALL games, discounts at bars and tea stands, raffles for special events like a "Dinner with the Manager" or a 5 years members dinner or create a 5 year, 5 star member's cap or tie. People like to be "clubbed".. it helps with supporter retention too.
We all want a successful club, capable of standing on its own two feet, either we get more fans onboard or we will all lose out. Getting arsey because the club is selling cheaper seats is counter-productive, we need more people in the ground its that simple.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 00:03 - Nov 21 with 1441 viewsSandyman

This season ticket holder thinks the £1 on Boxing Day initiative is an excellent move and is trying to encourage semi-interested people to take it up. No gripes - the more in the COA the merrier on 26th December, and beyond. Please do your best to sell this to friends, family and workmates.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 11:43 - Nov 21 with 1285 viewsDale69er

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 00:03 - Nov 21 by Sandyman

This season ticket holder thinks the £1 on Boxing Day initiative is an excellent move and is trying to encourage semi-interested people to take it up. No gripes - the more in the COA the merrier on 26th December, and beyond. Please do your best to sell this to friends, family and workmates.

And this season ticket holder also agrees.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 11:50 - Nov 21 with 1281 views100notout

Me too. Thank Christ not everyone is like BDB

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 13:38 - Nov 21 with 1164 viewsDalenet

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 11:50 - Nov 21 by 100notout

Wouldn't it be good if we could attract 6,000+ to Spotland on the day and get a bit of an atmosphere going

Then follow up with a massive half season tickets for £100 for the last 10 games of the season from January. I see that lots of conference clubs are pushing half season tickets
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 13:55 - Nov 21 with 1144 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 13:38 - Nov 21 by Dalenet

Wouldn't it be good if we could attract 6,000+ to Spotland on the day and get a bit of an atmosphere going

Then follow up with a massive half season tickets for £100 for the last 10 games of the season from January. I see that lots of conference clubs are pushing half season tickets

How about buy a ticket for Boxing Day get entered into a draw to win a half season ticket.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 13:55 - Nov 21 with 1138 views100569

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:03 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

Is there only me who understands any form of marketing here….

Make it a Balmy Summer Saturday… really enjoyed that will have to go again…

This will hiss season ticket holders off…

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/afcfyldeboxingday_onepound/

ST holder......not bothered.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 14:02 - Nov 21 with 1128 views100569

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 23:46 - Nov 20 by 49thseason

Thinking about the attitude of season ticket holders to the selling of cheaper seats or cut- price season,tickets for new purchasers, the solution surely is to recognise the longer-term season ticket holders ( say 5 consecutive seasons) by perhaps admitting them into some sort of " executive club" whereby they get perks like permanently reserved seats for ALL games, discounts at bars and tea stands, raffles for special events like a "Dinner with the Manager" or a 5 years members dinner or create a 5 year, 5 star member's cap or tie. People like to be "clubbed".. it helps with supporter retention too.
We all want a successful club, capable of standing on its own two feet, either we get more fans onboard or we will all lose out. Getting arsey because the club is selling cheaper seats is counter-productive, we need more people in the ground its that simple.

What about 2,3,4,5 yr season tickets ?
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 15:14 - Nov 21 with 1033 viewsDalenet

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:01 - Nov 20 by DaleBars

Hiya everyone,

See you all tomorrow.
Bar Team

Just a thought - and not intended as a criticism but as an idea. Lots of pubs are quiet early in the week now - many stay closed. Can you ask a few pubs this side of town if they have any experienced bar staff that would welcome an additional shift working as a casual for you for Tuesday night games. Just so long as you are not taking them from their busy periods I am sure they might be prepared to ask their staff for you. Only an idea.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:54 - Nov 21 with 918 viewsblackdogblue

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 11:50 - Nov 21 by 100notout

Oy… times change…😀 was just recalling past debates on here & fair play to the update on staff levels..Proves my point.. in case the point has been missed.. the bars would double staff in anticipation… what’s the minimum wage now for an 18 year old.. £7.50?

If across all bars they got 10 extra staff for say 3 hours…

£7.50 x 10 x 3 = £225 to cough up for staff…

Would need to sell an extra 226 tickets to turn a profit for the club of a quid….

Like I have said, Marketing & Commercial activities are not well thought about….

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:00 - Nov 21 with 904 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:54 - Nov 21 by blackdogblue

Oy… times change…😀 was just recalling past debates on here & fair play to the update on staff levels..Proves my point.. in case the point has been missed.. the bars would double staff in anticipation… what’s the minimum wage now for an 18 year old.. £7.50?

Would need to sell an extra 226 tickets to turn a profit for the club of a quid….

Like I have said, Marketing & Commercial activities are not well thought about….

That money for extra staff would be easily outstripped by the amount of drinks sold when there’s a bigger crowd. DaleBars posted on here the sales for the Oldham game.

I’m sure he’d be saying if such schemes were not financially good business sense. By all accounts, the bars have been very successful over recent times.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/293233/page:5
See the post at 21:44 on Oct 22nd for the Oldham bar sales.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 18:08]

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:34 - Nov 21 with 854 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:54 - Nov 21 by blackdogblue

It’s more than 226 on that example.

There will be Employer National Insurance on the wages and of the £1 ticket fee the club will retain just 80p as the 20% VAT goes to HMRC.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:39 - Nov 21 with 842 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:34 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

There will be Employer National Insurance on the wages and of the £1 ticket fee the club will retain just 80p as the 20% VAT goes to HMRC.

Good job they’re selling more pints then and creating interest in the club going forward.

Capitalising on goodwill is important. We’ve missed enough opportunities in the recent past so let’s hope this is the start of some change.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:46 - Nov 21 with 831 viewsdawlishdale

Unlikely they would need an additional 30 staff !! More likely an additional 2 or 3 per bar.

This is another example of you changing tack. You would have applauded this initiative up to the middle of the year I'm almost certain.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 830 viewsblackdogblue

Precisely & thanks for that…

My point 442 is if no one turns up or does not go to the bars.. no beer & drinks profits would be made & the club shelled out for extra staff just in case..

The club would also buy in extra barrels of beer which have a sell by date….

I’m not being negative or trying not to be… how can you plan for increased crowds at a quid a ticket…

CBA searching the thread but presume this applies to away fans as well… it’s not the Biffos with show me allegiance to Rochdale or I am cancelling your E Ticket??

If I was a KFC Fylde fan, me Mrs BDB & the boy could spend £3 sat quietly in the Main Stand & watch the game… What is an away ticket for an Adult? £30… another £87 lost there again…

Oh I wish I could win the fookin lottery….

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 757 viewsD_Alien

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:46 - Nov 21 by dawlishdale

Unlikely they would need an additional 30 staff !! More likely an additional 2 or 3 per bar.

This is another example of you changing tack. You would have applauded this initiative up to the middle of the year I'm almost certain.

Around the same time when football became something to post about, not just finance?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:32 - Nov 21 with 718 viewsblackdogblue

30 staff??

10 staff x 3 hours (minimum)…

Based on 30 hours not staff… please keep up if you want to have a pop 😎

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:33 - Nov 21 with 718 viewsRAFCBLUE

I think you might have misread blackdog's earlier example dawlish.

Blackdog was suggesting 10 extra staff for 3 extra hours at £7.50 per hour. 30 x £7.50 = £225

10 extra staff across the Ratcliffe, Dale Bar, 1907 lounge, AK Bar, WMG and Willbutts isn't that many.

It's a plausible marketing initiative being attempted on Boxing Day.

The cost / benefit can't be assessed until it has been actually tried.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 19:51]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024