Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton docked ten points 12:50 - Nov 17 with 5325 viewsEllDale

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/17/everton-deducted-10-points-prem

Everton docked ten points on 22:15 - Nov 17 with 2005 viewsDalenet

Everton docked ten points on 19:59 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

It would have helped members if a proxy form could have been emailed to members rather than an elusive game of hide and seek. Why could SurveyMonkey not have been used?

Exiles make up circa 30% of the Trust, very few of the 260 or so will be there in person tomorrow.

Unless a member remembered to get their proxy form in 48 hours ago or are in the Dale Bar at 11am for a 3pm kickoff their opinion counts for nought.

Also if you’re a Dale fan with concerns reading this who is going to turn up on the off chance you can’t actually attend unless your already a Trust member since attendance at the meeting and voting is restricted to current Trust members only.

To be fair the proxy form was attached to the agenda, last years minutes, and the accounts in the email that was sent to members. Not sure what else the Trust is supposed to do.
Everton docked ten points on 22:21 - Nov 17 with 1977 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 20:31 - Nov 17 by judd

Why should non- members be allowed to attend ?

The genuine insinuation judd is that anyone can turn up which I don't think is true.

Saturday not only allows supporters to take part in the Trust AGM, but raise any further questions or issues you believe could be discussed at the Trust’s twice postponed meeting with the club which is scheduled for Thursday 23rd November.

That’s not quite correct.

You have to be a Trust member tonight to be allowed in tomorrow. Or have remembered to file your proxy on Wednesday.

I don’t believe you can join the Trust just before tomorrow’s meeting just to vote or can you do that?

If you can’t, it’s just Trust members having their constitutional say so a maximum of just over 900 people, less those who can't / choose not to attend.

It will be the usual constitutional meeting and nothing more or less exciting than that.

I'f it's more than that then most of us who can't attend are only going to hear about it later.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Everton docked ten points on 22:37 - Nov 17 with 1949 viewsjudd

Everton docked ten points on 22:21 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

The genuine insinuation judd is that anyone can turn up which I don't think is true.

Saturday not only allows supporters to take part in the Trust AGM, but raise any further questions or issues you believe could be discussed at the Trust’s twice postponed meeting with the club which is scheduled for Thursday 23rd November.

That’s not quite correct.

You have to be a Trust member tonight to be allowed in tomorrow. Or have remembered to file your proxy on Wednesday.

I don’t believe you can join the Trust just before tomorrow’s meeting just to vote or can you do that?

If you can’t, it’s just Trust members having their constitutional say so a maximum of just over 900 people, less those who can't / choose not to attend.

It will be the usual constitutional meeting and nothing more or less exciting than that.

I'f it's more than that then most of us who can't attend are only going to hear about it later.

Doubt very much any supporter not being a Trust member would have an issue with such semantics.

As in any organisation there is always room for improvement in terms of operational compliance, otherwise implosion could ensue.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Everton docked ten points on 22:58 - Nov 17 with 1916 views442Dale

The quote above was from another thread, not from the Trust. I can categorically assure everyone that there was no insinuation that the meeting was open to all supporters or, in fact, it had even crossed my mind about non members attending. Apologies to the Trust if they thought that. I’m sure they’d let me know tomorrow.

And the Agenda clearly lists an AOB section. It would be quite something if the Trust didn’t want to hear from supporters (members present) who “raise any further questions or issues you believe could be discussed at the Trust’s twice postponed meeting with the club which is scheduled for Thursday 23rd November”

Imagine making this an issue!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Everton docked ten points on 08:24 - Nov 18 with 1713 viewsblackdogblue

I must admit I did read it all including the proxy and found it a bit strange to print fill in & post in a digital world nowadays..

Being honest I do not have a printer at home anymore as never used it & ink was expensive to replace, I do have one at work though but not everyone will. Then there is the extortionate cost of a stamp.

The form which is still available to view from the link in the last Trust e mail update is still available and to me there is nothing startling or important on it unless there is a mass surge to oust all of the Dale Trust Board??

being a member of the Rochdale Supporters Trust Limited appoint the chair of the meeting as my proxy to vote on my behalf at the annual general meeting of the Society to be held on Saturday 12th November 2022 at 11:00am, and at any adjournment of the meeting, on the following resolutions, as indicated by an ‘X’ in the appropriate box and, on any other resolutions, as he thinks fit:

1. Accept the minutes of the AGM held on the 12th November 2022.
2. Receive and adopt the audited accounts for the 12 months period ending 30th June 2023
3. Confirm the appointment of the Society's Auditors – Horsfield and Smith
4. Confirm the appointment of the Board of Directors for the year ending 30th June 2024

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Everton docked ten points on 10:34 - Nov 18 with 1578 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 08:24 - Nov 18 by blackdogblue

I must admit I did read it all including the proxy and found it a bit strange to print fill in & post in a digital world nowadays..

Being honest I do not have a printer at home anymore as never used it & ink was expensive to replace, I do have one at work though but not everyone will. Then there is the extortionate cost of a stamp.

The form which is still available to view from the link in the last Trust e mail update is still available and to me there is nothing startling or important on it unless there is a mass surge to oust all of the Dale Trust Board??

being a member of the Rochdale Supporters Trust Limited appoint the chair of the meeting as my proxy to vote on my behalf at the annual general meeting of the Society to be held on Saturday 12th November 2022 at 11:00am, and at any adjournment of the meeting, on the following resolutions, as indicated by an ‘X’ in the appropriate box and, on any other resolutions, as he thinks fit:

1. Accept the minutes of the AGM held on the 12th November 2022.
2. Receive and adopt the audited accounts for the 12 months period ending 30th June 2023
3. Confirm the appointment of the Society's Auditors – Horsfield and Smith
4. Confirm the appointment of the Board of Directors for the year ending 30th June 2024

Valid points especially on the form appointing for the 2022 meeting.

Given Agenda point 6 on resignations comes before points 7 and 8 I doubt their will be any form of ousting. Anyone who volunteers abd gives their time for free should be applauded.

There are 12 members seeking reelection which I'd expect to be unanimously passed shortly after 11.00.

I'm sure it will all be on here later.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Everton docked ten points (n/t) on 11:51 - Nov 18 with 1496 viewskel

Everton docked ten points on 10:34 - Nov 18 by RAFCBLUE

Valid points especially on the form appointing for the 2022 meeting.

Given Agenda point 6 on resignations comes before points 7 and 8 I doubt their will be any form of ousting. Anyone who volunteers abd gives their time for free should be applauded.

There are 12 members seeking reelection which I'd expect to be unanimously passed shortly after 11.00.

I'm sure it will all be on here later.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 11:53]
Everton docked ten points on 00:54 - Nov 19 with 1183 viewsdingdangblue

Everton docked ten points on 17:06 - Nov 17 by blackdogblue

Pains me to say it, look at Wigan… started on a minus & climbed there way out of trouble with a lot of goals from Humphrey who’s heart was Dale until someone offered him money…

Everton were doing well under Dyche but now find themselves on the same 4 points as Burnley 😀

Everton will be thankful of the 10 point deduction in a season with Burnley,Luton and Sheffield Utd in the Premier League.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Everton docked ten points on 19:11 - Nov 20 with 918 viewsRodingdale

Everton docked ten points on 17:06 - Nov 17 by blackdogblue

Pains me to say it, look at Wigan… started on a minus & climbed there way out of trouble with a lot of goals from Humphrey who’s heart was Dale until someone offered him money…

Everton were doing well under Dyche but now find themselves on the same 4 points as Burnley 😀

Mayor of Liverpool, pleading Everton’s founder member of the football league in mitigation. Reminds me Burnley doing the same when faced with relegation from the football league all those years ago.
Everton docked ten points on 19:22 - Nov 20 with 896 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:11 - Nov 20 by Rodingdale

Mayor of Liverpool, pleading Everton’s founder member of the football league in mitigation. Reminds me Burnley doing the same when faced with relegation from the football league all those years ago.

The single biggest reason why Burnley were such a big rival for a short time. They wound up a lot of clubs in that era.

Everton docked ten points on 19:23 - Nov 20 with 892 viewsEllDale

Wasn’t it Bob Lord’s Burnley who stood by and watched Accrington go under in 1962?
Everton docked ten points on 19:27 - Nov 20 with 882 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 19:23 - Nov 20 by EllDale

Wasn’t it Bob Lord’s Burnley who stood by and watched Accrington go under in 1962?

From Wiki:

In 1962, neighbouring football club Accrington Stanley were bottom of the Fourth Division and facing severe financial difficulties. Lord and Sam Pilkington took control of the club, but following a meeting on 5 March at which debts of £62,000 came to light, Lord withdrew his support.The club resigned from the Football League the following day.

Everton docked ten points on 19:46 - Nov 20 with 845 viewsRodingdale

Everton docked ten points on 19:22 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

The single biggest reason why Burnley were such a big rival for a short time. They wound up a lot of clubs in that era.

What do you mean “short time”, still are in my book - chin chinery etc

We seemed to play them a lot when I was in my teens - good games with good followings from both sides.
Everton docked ten points on 20:28 - Nov 20 with 802 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:46 - Nov 20 by Rodingdale

What do you mean “short time”, still are in my book - chin chinery etc

We seemed to play them a lot when I was in my teens - good games with good followings from both sides.

Relatively it was probably about 6/7 years, but yeah it was a proper derby that, only in my opinion, the Bury and Oldham games have never have been able to reach the levels of.

A lot of it was around the games themselves being full of incident against a backdrop of noise, especially on the Longside at Turf Moor.

Everton docked ten points on 21:12 - Nov 20 with 737 viewsDale69er

Everton docked ten points on 00:54 - Nov 19 by dingdangblue

Everton will be thankful of the 10 point deduction in a season with Burnley,Luton and Sheffield Utd in the Premier League.

Just seen a report suggesting that Everton may suffer a further nine point deduction if they are forced into administration as a result of the legal action by Burnley, Leeds etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024