Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aldershot match thread 14:50 - Nov 18 with 8862 views442Dale

White socks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Aldershot match thread on 11:47 - Nov 20 with 1127 viewsEllDale

I obviously enjoyed Mitchell's winner but, having seen the highlights, I suspect that there would have been a real commotion on here if Dale had conceded that goal.
Not so much because of the way in which Clayton's cross was defended but rather due to the fact that he was left totally unmarked as the corner routine was worked.
And, going back to the start of the thread, I thought we looked better with white socks.....
Aldershot match thread on 12:54 - Nov 20 with 992 views49thseason

Aldershot match thread on 11:47 - Nov 20 by EllDale

I obviously enjoyed Mitchell's winner but, having seen the highlights, I suspect that there would have been a real commotion on here if Dale had conceded that goal.
Not so much because of the way in which Clayton's cross was defended but rather due to the fact that he was left totally unmarked as the corner routine was worked.
And, going back to the start of the thread, I thought we looked better with white socks.....

Maybe tomorrow night, we will go the whole hog and wear white shorts as well as white socks....you know the saying .. " wear something white at night" .. its so that you can easily be seen in poor lighting conditions...and maybe make it easier to pick out a pass....?
Aldershot match thread on 13:22 - Nov 20 with 913 viewsD_Alien

Aldershot match thread on 09:28 - Nov 20 by AtThePeake

Wouldn't that be more to do with the instructions on how we defend out of possession in those areas than how we play in possession though?

I don't think anyone's denying there's an issue with the instructions, it's the idea that the instructions to play a possession-based style is inadvertently leading to us conceding from corners that I'm struggling to understand personally.

It's absolutely to do with how we defend out of possession, the instructions for which are linked to our possession-based style in terms of positioning. It'd be wrong if they weren't!

All previous references have related to "crosses" in general (especially your longer post in another thread) rather than conceding from corners - of course that's an issue
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 13:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Aldershot match thread on 13:42 - Nov 20 with 870 views442Dale

Aldershot match thread on 12:54 - Nov 20 by 49thseason

Maybe tomorrow night, we will go the whole hog and wear white shorts as well as white socks....you know the saying .. " wear something white at night" .. its so that you can easily be seen in poor lighting conditions...and maybe make it easier to pick out a pass....?

The white socks were already available after their necessity for the game at Solihull Moors. There’s also a long history of randomly wearing white socks being successful. But that’s a whole new thread.

I’d keep the white socks too, it looks better. The club have been previously informed that having too much black on the kit is a mistake.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Aldershot match thread on 14:34 - Nov 20 with 795 viewsAtThePeake

Aldershot match thread on 13:22 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

It's absolutely to do with how we defend out of possession, the instructions for which are linked to our possession-based style in terms of positioning. It'd be wrong if they weren't!

All previous references have related to "crosses" in general (especially your longer post in another thread) rather than conceding from corners - of course that's an issue
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 13:24]

Yep sorry, I meant crosses not corners.

Tangled up in blue.

Aldershot match thread on 14:41 - Nov 20 with 787 viewsD_Alien

Aldershot match thread on 14:34 - Nov 20 by AtThePeake

Yep sorry, I meant crosses not corners.

Fair enough

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024