Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Venables dies 12:29 - Nov 26 with 1707 viewsste1

Really sad. Such happy memories of Euro 96

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/26/terry-venables-former-england-s

On a pale blue dot

Terry Venables died today on 12:39 - Nov 26 with 1671 viewsDale4life

R.I.P Terry Venables who passed away today .One of the greatest managers that England has produced . Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time

The real Dale4life
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 12:44]

Up the Dale

Terry Venables dies on 12:43 - Nov 26 with 1655 viewsjudd

RIP. Gave England fans real hope for the first time in 30 years.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Terry Venables dies on 12:43 - Nov 26 with 1654 viewsSuddenLad

80 years old. A larger than life character, who had a great career both as a player and manager. He will leave some terrific memories, especially of his days at Spurs and the Euros. RIP Terry.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Terry Venables dies on 14:50 - Nov 26 with 1507 viewsDorkingDale

He was certainly a character & lived the life. Unfortunately he wasn't very good at paying his bills - when I was in the drinks business in London back in the early 1990s we used to supply his wine bar Scribes in Kensington & it was always a nightmare to get paid. He eventually sold it at a huge profit.
Terry Venables dies on 16:33 - Nov 26 with 1450 viewsste1

Terry Venables dies on 14:50 - Nov 26 by DorkingDale

He was certainly a character & lived the life. Unfortunately he wasn't very good at paying his bills - when I was in the drinks business in London back in the early 1990s we used to supply his wine bar Scribes in Kensington & it was always a nightmare to get paid. He eventually sold it at a huge profit.

Yes, a real character and a fantastic manager. However, think its fair to say, not someone I would want to buy a used car from

On a pale blue dot

Terry Venables dies on 21:29 - Nov 26 with 1345 viewsEllDale

RIP. Such a complex character. Player, coach, manager, Tottenham CEO, Portsmouth owner for a while but also a crooner who had a top 40 record, crime novelist, TV scriptwriter, club owner, entrepreneur of anything that took his fancy.
I was lucky enough to spend an educational afternoon drinking in Scribes West in the 1990’s with a journalist friend from university.
Those were the days when pubs closed in the afternoon and it was full of journos, footballers and Arthur Daley characters with Venables in the middle of it all.
Fascinating stuff but inaccurate financial reporting led to him later being disqualified from being company director after that.
Let’s remember the football teams he produced though, Crystal Palace, QPR, Tottenham and that England team who captured the hearts of the nation in 1996. All down to his coaching and man management of strong individuals in that team.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 21:34]
Terry Venables dies on 22:14 - Nov 26 with 1311 viewsDorkingDale

Ha! You were probably drinking our "beverages" long before they were paid for - Becka/Sol/Tiger/Miller Genuine Draft maybe? Or wine & champagne? He was certainly a player.....
Terry Venables dies on 22:16 - Nov 26 with 1309 viewsD_Alien

Terry Venables dies on 21:29 - Nov 26 by EllDale

RIP. Such a complex character. Player, coach, manager, Tottenham CEO, Portsmouth owner for a while but also a crooner who had a top 40 record, crime novelist, TV scriptwriter, club owner, entrepreneur of anything that took his fancy.
I was lucky enough to spend an educational afternoon drinking in Scribes West in the 1990’s with a journalist friend from university.
Those were the days when pubs closed in the afternoon and it was full of journos, footballers and Arthur Daley characters with Venables in the middle of it all.
Fascinating stuff but inaccurate financial reporting led to him later being disqualified from being company director after that.
Let’s remember the football teams he produced though, Crystal Palace, QPR, Tottenham and that England team who captured the hearts of the nation in 1996. All down to his coaching and man management of strong individuals in that team.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 21:34]

Good tribute

I think that individuals who're capable of doing exceptional things are bound to be capable of breaking the mould; maybe ruffling a few (or many) feathers, being able to be controversial not for the sake of it, but because they don't care for bog standard ways of thinking and doing things, otherwise nothing ever changes

RIP

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Venables dies on 22:37 - Nov 26 with 1271 viewsEllDale

Terry Venables dies on 22:14 - Nov 26 by DorkingDale

Ha! You were probably drinking our "beverages" long before they were paid for - Becka/Sol/Tiger/Miller Genuine Draft maybe? Or wine & champagne? He was certainly a player.....

The drink of choice seemed to be a “whisky Mac” which consisted of whisky and Crabbies ginger wine. The afternoon became more hazy as it wore on….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024