Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MEN Now Covering The Story 18:23 - Nov 30 with 8104 viewsdale1968

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/breaking-rochdale-afc-latter-stages

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:37 - Nov 30 with 5557 views442Dale

Another day where supporters are stumbling across information.

We await a statement from the Trust, when appropriate, which acknowledges the concerns and the many questions coming from supporters at such an uncertain time.

Once again, a reminder of some of what has been agreed previously:

June ‘23
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20
<< “In the meantime, work continues to secure outside investment, but, to date, discussions held have not yet developed to the stage of a proposed bid being received. However, should any such proposal/s be received, Trust members, shareholders and the fanbase will be updated.”>>

July ‘23
<<“In doing so, we have reiterated to the Club that before any deal is agreed, we will require a formal meeting with any prospective owner. Following that meeting, as the leading shareholder in the Football Club, we will be asking Trust members for their approval. The Club have agreed to inform any prospective investor that this must happen before any sale of shares will take place.”>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:40 - Nov 30 with 5531 viewswozzrafc

Seems like someone reads the message board in the men offices!!! Tells us nothing we didn’t know. World shite journalism from the Men!! And they can quote that in their next article.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 18:41]
MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:42 - Nov 30 with 5507 viewsJames1980

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:37 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

We await a statement from the Trust, when appropriate, which acknowledges the concerns and the many questions coming from supporters at such an uncertain time.

June ‘23
<< “In the meantime, work continues to secure outside investment, but, to date, discussions held have not yet developed to the stage of a proposed bid being received. However, should any such proposal/s be received, Trust members, shareholders and the fanbase will be updated.”>>

July ‘23
<<“In doing so, we have reiterated to the Club that before any deal is agreed, we will require a formal meeting with any prospective owner. Following that meeting, as the leading shareholder in the Football Club, we will be asking Trust members for their approval. The Club have agreed to inform any prospective investor that this must happen before any sale of shares will take place.”>>

If our 'new owners' have broken rank the why can't all other parties reveal their hand?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:46 - Nov 30 with 5469 viewsSuddenLad

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:40 - Nov 30 by wozzrafc

Seems like someone reads the message board in the men offices!!! Tells us nothing we didn’t know. World shite journalism from the Men!! And they can quote that in their next article.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 18:41]

Journalism at the MEN is long gone. It is now a 'cut and paste' organisation spewing out repeated stories from social media sources and the emergency services.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:51 - Nov 30 with 5436 views442Dale

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:46 - Nov 30 by SuddenLad

Journalism at the MEN is long gone. It is now a 'cut and paste' organisation spewing out repeated stories from social media sources and the emergency services.

Don’t disagree and we all might think it’s a non-story based on what we’ve seen develop on here.

However, there will be Rochdale fans who won’t have heard much reading that for the first time tonight and wondering what’s going on. Much like we all are!

It’s now a story in the media and therefore the public domain. It’s up to others when they believe it’s the right time to comment on it. Even if it’s a “we are aware of rumours circulating, xyz is what we are aware of now. These are our next steps...”

MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:02 - Nov 30 with 5353 viewsD_Alien

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:51 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

Don’t disagree and we all might think it’s a non-story based on what we’ve seen develop on here.

However, there will be Rochdale fans who won’t have heard much reading that for the first time tonight and wondering what’s going on. Much like we all are!

It’s now a story in the media and therefore the public domain. It’s up to others when they believe it’s the right time to comment on it. Even if it’s a “we are aware of rumours circulating, xyz is what we are aware of now. These are our next steps...”

That's how i see it

"Cut & paste" or not, it lays out the bare facts as they stand, and therefore increases the pressure on the club to clarify matters

The one thing that was new - and worth the article in its own right - was the fact that players and staff have been fully paid up for this month. I could be mistaken but my take is the existing board paid the 25% and the remainder is being paid by the incomers. If that turns out to be the case, talks are beyond "advanced"

The input of the Trust in all of this will be interesting to hear about. The Trust/Board meeting was postponed for the Trust to meet with prospective investors via Zoom. Given the timeline, it can only have been JNG

[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 19:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:16 - Nov 30 with 5247 viewsDoddy85

MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:02 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

That's how i see it

"Cut & paste" or not, it lays out the bare facts as they stand, and therefore increases the pressure on the club to clarify matters

The one thing that was new - and worth the article in its own right - was the fact that players and staff have been fully paid up for this month. I could be mistaken but my take is the existing board paid the 25% and the remainder is being paid by the incomers. If that turns out to be the case, talks are beyond "advanced"

The input of the Trust in all of this will be interesting to hear about. The Trust/Board meeting was postponed for the Trust to meet with prospective investors via Zoom. Given the timeline, it can only have been JNG

[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 19:04]

That's how I've read it too. The club has paid 25%, and within 48 hours of the story that we're involved with "advanced talks" with a new investment group, all the salaries have been paid for in full. Where is the sudden influx of cash from? It can only be this JNG group. Which is extremely promising if they're righting the ship before an announcement.
As I said in the other thread, if it's at the stage of lawyers and "advanced talks" and evidence of salaries suddenly being paid, then clearly this JNG are serious, and have satisfied all the NL checks and OADTs. The football league rule 10.1 says that any person proposing to buy a club has to pass OADT, submit proof and source of funding, and submit a budget to the league.

Is there anyway to see if the JNG directors have already had their owners and directors test? I think it's done by the club themselves so that would confirm its them
MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:48 - Nov 30 with 5095 viewsRodingdale

Given the lack of communication from the board, I can only assume (with some irony) their opinion of the various fan groups is something like this….

Fans - Seem to turn up, we’ve no idea why, despite how bad the home form - they turn up. Odd.
Messageboard posters - A small bunch of anorak wearing weirdos and conspiracy theorists.
Twitter/ FB posters - Ungrateful hooligans.
The Trust - Are they still there?
Season Ticket holders - People who forgot to cancel the direct debit.
The people of the town - Eh?
Login to get fewer ads

MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:52 - Nov 30 with 5080 viewsscooby

So, and a bit ignorant that I don’t know this, but do the club HAVE to run it passed the trust? And therefore can the trust stop anything?

The board shares are private sales and nothing to do with anyone but those individuals, the shares unsold are for the board to sell for income. None of that says to me that the club HAVE to involve the trust legally.

Anyone confirm?
MEN Now Covering The Story on 20:03 - Nov 30 with 5005 viewsD_Alien

MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:52 - Nov 30 by scooby

So, and a bit ignorant that I don’t know this, but do the club HAVE to run it passed the trust? And therefore can the trust stop anything?

The board shares are private sales and nothing to do with anyone but those individuals, the shares unsold are for the board to sell for income. None of that says to me that the club HAVE to involve the trust legally.

Anyone confirm?

I'm not acting as a spokesperson for the Trust here, but i'm certain there's no legal requirement to gain the assent of the Trust to a sale of shares, amounting to a change of ownership

This is based on a discussion that took place during the series of meetings the Trust held about six months back, when i put the question of whether the Trust would have any sanction on change of ownership to the Trust board director. What came back was that "assurances had been given" by the BOD that the Trust would be informed & involved

When i pointed out this fell short of a veto, it wasn't taken well but went unchallenged

MEN Now Covering The Story on 20:22 - Nov 30 with 4912 viewsTalkingSutty

MEN Now Covering The Story on 19:48 - Nov 30 by Rodingdale

Given the lack of communication from the board, I can only assume (with some irony) their opinion of the various fan groups is something like this….

Fans - Seem to turn up, we’ve no idea why, despite how bad the home form - they turn up. Odd.
Messageboard posters - A small bunch of anorak wearing weirdos and conspiracy theorists.
Twitter/ FB posters - Ungrateful hooligans.
The Trust - Are they still there?
Season Ticket holders - People who forgot to cancel the direct debit.
The people of the town - Eh?

Brilliant , stereotyping is frowned upon but its not far off the mark that, well done.🤣🤣. We do have one thing in common though, we all love the club and that's what counts. I can't think of a better set of weirdos (I'm one of them) to be associated with, some of the best fans in the land i reckon👍
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 20:28]
MEN Now Covering The Story on 22:48 - Nov 30 with 4528 viewsnordenblue

MEN Now Covering The Story on 18:37 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

June ‘23

July ‘23

I think we've missed the boat on both those "promises", sadly not in the least bit surprising.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 23:23 - Nov 30 with 4465 views442Dale

We’re now starting to enter Bury territory of this tedious farce.

Every day, week, month wasted has led us here. The warning signs and need to determine specifics were obvious, pointed out and subsequently dismissed. It didn’t need to be this way.

More than anything, it’s sad.

MEN Now Covering The Story on 23:37 - Nov 30 with 4436 views49thseason

The only "rules" that Directors have to follow are those that are included in the Articles of Incorporation and the Companies Act of 2006. Everything else is optional in terms of agreements with customers, suppliers and investors.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 23:45 - Nov 30 with 4412 viewsSandyman

MEN Now Covering The Story on 23:23 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

Every day, week, month wasted has led us here. The warning signs and need to determine specifics were obvious, pointed out and subsequently dismissed. It didn’t need to be this way.

Watch from about 15:34...

To those who have influence, watch and learn the lessons. Please. Many Dale fans know the consequences all to well and won't wear it here. It was sold to fans as WOW WOW WOW REVOLUTION, ended up 10th tier and a fan base ripped in two.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 23:50 - Nov 30 with 4385 views442Dale

It’s incredible we’re even at this stage. And yes it all MIGHT turn out to be a glorious golden future, but it still won’t excuse some of what’s already happened/not happened.

There’s a thread with literally hundreds of pages which serves as a handbook of lessons.

History remembers.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 23:50]

MEN Now Covering The Story on 00:22 - Dec 1 with 4335 viewsnordenblue

With all these promises looking increasingly like being at best lip service to/by the Trust, you'd have to question the point in even joining them.

The trust clearly got no real say or even inclusion with all anything that's gone on, you can ask as many questions as you like but if you don't get the answers/promises to follow them up its absolutely pointless having a "voice" when in reality it's worth zero.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 00:28 - Dec 1 with 4327 viewsD_Alien

MEN Now Covering The Story on 00:22 - Dec 1 by nordenblue

With all these promises looking increasingly like being at best lip service to/by the Trust, you'd have to question the point in even joining them.

The trust clearly got no real say or even inclusion with all anything that's gone on, you can ask as many questions as you like but if you don't get the answers/promises to follow them up its absolutely pointless having a "voice" when in reality it's worth zero.

That's the same conclusion i'm drawing

Who would want to take over from Col now?

MEN Now Covering The Story on 01:28 - Dec 1 with 4273 viewsnordenblue

MEN Now Covering The Story on 00:28 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

That's the same conclusion i'm drawing

Who would want to take over from Col now?

Yep, you're seemingly paying to join a "voice" that clearly in reality has no say whatsoever and are kept in the dark as much as the rest of us have been.

No disrespect in any way to either Col or Murray even as they both are as genuine and hard working as they come, whilst clearly trying their very best they can only do as much as the board allow them to do or more importantly even include them in, its just one big shit show, sadly also very preventable.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 06:16 - Dec 1 with 4178 viewsTalkingSutty

Absolutely spot on that. I know some fans contacted the Trust directly ages ago regarding calling a EGM, that's how concerned they were. There have been red flags all over the place for a long time, we saw the same thing during the Bottomley era. Completely ignored again. I'm assuming these fellas now have hold of the club, so yet again we've allowed shysters to infiltrate our club by not being vigilant, there's enough of us, about 500 shareholders and the Trust hold the most shares, so theres no excuse for allowing the fan base to be bypassed.

The vocal ones who voice their concerns are ridiculed by some but at least they speak up, we have a large number of fans and shareholders who sit quietly in the background and refuse to criticise or comment on anything and just accept everything that comes out of the club and the Trust. This will probably be spun as a takeover that is good for the club amd it will all be about damage limitation obviously, but we all now know some of the characters involved. To expect the fans to now start to fight for the club again over a extended period in order to oust a bunch of charlatans is asking too much i think, it's unbelievable that it's actually come to this when we have so many shareholders, a supporters Trust who have recently been involved in a similar fight and a Trust Director in the Boardroom.No lessons learned.

It is Bury territory but its worse if you look at the credentials of those who probably now own their football club. It's no longer ours. If people want to jump in bed with them and aid and abet their aims and objectives and pay them their hard earned money for the privilege that's up to them but I want to support a club that's owned and run by decent people, not one were you're constantly on guard and wondering what's happening from one week to the next. If all of what is suggested is true i'll find another football club to go and watch, i'm not lining the pockets of these type of people with my money.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 6:21]
MEN Now Covering The Story on 06:22 - Dec 1 with 4158 viewspioneer

MEN Now Covering The Story on 06:16 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

Absolutely spot on that. I know some fans contacted the Trust directly ages ago regarding calling a EGM, that's how concerned they were. There have been red flags all over the place for a long time, we saw the same thing during the Bottomley era. Completely ignored again. I'm assuming these fellas now have hold of the club, so yet again we've allowed shysters to infiltrate our club by not being vigilant, there's enough of us, about 500 shareholders and the Trust hold the most shares, so theres no excuse for allowing the fan base to be bypassed.

The vocal ones who voice their concerns are ridiculed by some but at least they speak up, we have a large number of fans and shareholders who sit quietly in the background and refuse to criticise or comment on anything and just accept everything that comes out of the club and the Trust. This will probably be spun as a takeover that is good for the club amd it will all be about damage limitation obviously, but we all now know some of the characters involved. To expect the fans to now start to fight for the club again over a extended period in order to oust a bunch of charlatans is asking too much i think, it's unbelievable that it's actually come to this when we have so many shareholders, a supporters Trust who have recently been involved in a similar fight and a Trust Director in the Boardroom.No lessons learned.

It is Bury territory but its worse if you look at the credentials of those who probably now own their football club. It's no longer ours. If people want to jump in bed with them and aid and abet their aims and objectives and pay them their hard earned money for the privilege that's up to them but I want to support a club that's owned and run by decent people, not one were you're constantly on guard and wondering what's happening from one week to the next. If all of what is suggested is true i'll find another football club to go and watch, i'm not lining the pockets of these type of people with my money.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 6:21]

well said. Two of my mates already switched their allegiance to Bacup Borough…they tell me its much more fun and once you are non league it doesnt really matter what level you are. If I still lived locally Id probably do the same.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 07:03 - Dec 1 with 4108 viewsJames1980

How much more vigilant could supporters have been? The board and trust appear to have been tied up in NDA's that have the air of a super injunction about them.

MEN Now Covering The Story on 07:26 - Dec 1 with 4043 viewsRodingdale

MEN Now Covering The Story on 07:03 - Dec 1 by James1980

How much more vigilant could supporters have been? The board and trust appear to have been tied up in NDA's that have the air of a super injunction about them.

You are joking James?. I and others have been red flagging since SGs infamous new year interview where he casually mentioned we were moving away from fan owned and went on to attack fans on the messageboard for giving up on staying up (following which it very much looked like he did give up on everything to do with running the club). We’ve heard pretty much nothing since apart from him casually (tactically) dropping in words like ‘administration’ and ‘emergency loan’. Yet I and others noting caution have been continually berated and told to get a grip. I have written to the Trust numerous times but it doesn’t shift the dial. A far as he’s concerned we’re all ungrateful and Simon wants his money back. That’s it. In the words of Elon Musk we can all go **** ourselves.
MEN Now Covering The Story on 07:32 - Dec 1 with 4032 viewsnordenblue

MEN Now Covering The Story on 07:03 - Dec 1 by James1980

That much of an NDA its been easily available for everyone to hear about im guessing initially via someone within the club then plastered all over social media for us all to read...I'd be surprised if the trust know much more than the average fan knowing how the board choose to "communicate"

Or have the board kept things quiet for as long as possible intentionally hoping to get their return signed and sealed knowing that the true identities of the new guys would ring massive alarm bells if named any earlier... lots of questions,not many answers but again if details don't become available people will speculate
MEN Now Covering The Story on 08:05 - Dec 1 with 3939 viewsJames1980

MEN Now Covering The Story on 07:26 - Dec 1 by Rodingdale

You are joking James?. I and others have been red flagging since SGs infamous new year interview where he casually mentioned we were moving away from fan owned and went on to attack fans on the messageboard for giving up on staying up (following which it very much looked like he did give up on everything to do with running the club). We’ve heard pretty much nothing since apart from him casually (tactically) dropping in words like ‘administration’ and ‘emergency loan’. Yet I and others noting caution have been continually berated and told to get a grip. I have written to the Trust numerous times but it doesn’t shift the dial. A far as he’s concerned we’re all ungrateful and Simon wants his money back. That’s it. In the words of Elon Musk we can all go **** ourselves.

It's only in the last few days the names have been in the public domain though. And some of the criticism of Gauge et al has bordered on being a vendetta. I think Bottomley was able to stay in position for as long as he did because it appeared there were axes to grind.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 8:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024