Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Trust E Mail vote 16:52 - Dec 15 with 3522 viewsblackdogblue

2 Questions Yes or No…

Both will bring some interesting results…

I presume the 2nd one is about involvement previously discussed on other threads..

What if the 1st is a majority No?… What happens then 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 17:26 - Dec 15 with 3418 viewsDaleFan7

I took the second one to be is Murray the right person from the trust to be on the board rather than a question of whether the trust should be on the board at all (though its up for interpretation as both of us have interpreted it differently!)

If the first one is no then I guess the Trust just have to vote no and see where that takes us with their shareholding. I can't see the rest of the directors voting no because someone would have to step up in his place.
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 18:22 - Dec 15 with 3310 viewsfermin

If you give your proxy to the trust should you just send it to the club shares email? Or should you copy in the trust email as well?
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 18:30 - Dec 15 with 3284 views49thseason

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 18:22 - Dec 15 by fermin

If you give your proxy to the trust should you just send it to the club shares email? Or should you copy in the trust email as well?

Send it to the Trust, they will declare the Proxy votes they hold at the meeting maybe you should mention how many shares you have in case it gets down to counting votes not hands.
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:18 - Dec 15 with 3189 viewsblackdogblue

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 17:26 - Dec 15 by DaleFan7

I took the second one to be is Murray the right person from the trust to be on the board rather than a question of whether the trust should be on the board at all (though its up for interpretation as both of us have interpreted it differently!)

If the first one is no then I guess the Trust just have to vote no and see where that takes us with their shareholding. I can't see the rest of the directors voting no because someone would have to step up in his place.

Murray was re-elected as the Trust Board member as no one put in a challenge.. he’s in post for is it 12 months or 2 years?

Tbh… no guidance from the Club nor the Trust on what we are required to vote on…

Yes or No to fookin what 🤷‍♂️… should they remain??

I’m sure someone will clarify before I submit mine

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:37 - Dec 15 with 3116 viewsD_Alien

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:18 - Dec 15 by blackdogblue

Murray was re-elected as the Trust Board member as no one put in a challenge.. he’s in post for is it 12 months or 2 years?

Tbh… no guidance from the Club nor the Trust on what we are required to vote on…

Further to this, there was a meeting of the Trust board in the aftermath of the JNG investment proposal. No information has been made available regarding what was discussed, or any conclusions drawn

The Trust is its membership. Lack of communication with its members can only lead to one thing: disTrust

A badly executed two-point survey/vote is NOT communication
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 19:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:50 - Dec 15 with 3070 viewsblackdogblue

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:37 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Further to this, there was a meeting of the Trust board in the aftermath of the JNG investment proposal. No information has been made available regarding what was discussed, or any conclusions drawn

The Trust is its membership. Lack of communication with its members can only lead to one thing: disTrust

Fully agree with you DA… AGM is next week…

Saying that the letter to shareholders does say the following are up for re-election on the Shareholders bumf they sent & as an example Mrs BDB would not have got that detail.

Let’s be also honest.. what the fook has “accounts” for 2021 - 2022 running June to June got any relevance at all….

We’re in December 2023 for Christ sake…

Reviewing a P&L is fookin pointless from back then… where are 2022-23 accounts & how fooked are we at the moment….

Option 1 - Out for me

Just rechecked… in light of a recent announcement from the Club would have been 3 questions
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 20:02]

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 20:32 - Dec 15 with 2976 viewsDaleFan7

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:50 - Dec 15 by blackdogblue

Fully agree with you DA… AGM is next week…

Saying that the letter to shareholders does say the following are up for re-election on the Shareholders bumf they sent & as an example Mrs BDB would not have got that detail.

Let’s be also honest.. what the fook has “accounts” for 2021 - 2022 running June to June got any relevance at all….

We’re in December 2023 for Christ sake…

Reviewing a P&L is fookin pointless from back then… where are 2022-23 accounts & how fooked are we at the moment….

Option 1 - Out for me

Just rechecked… in light of a recent announcement from the Club would have been 3 questions
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 20:02]

Unless you're a regulated/public interest entity then your accounts don't have to be filed until 9 months after the year end date, so March 24 for us so they probably aren't anywhere near being finalised yet.
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 2909 viewsJames1980

If Mr Gauge is voted off the board does that mean he would no longer be chairman? If that is the case is there a candidate waiting in the wings?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 21:10 - Dec 15 with 2857 viewsD_Alien

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 20:51 - Dec 15 by James1980

If Mr Gauge is voted off the board does that mean he would no longer be chairman? If that is the case is there a candidate waiting in the wings?

It's the entire absence of any context that's missing James, that makes the voting options so utterly useless

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 21:21 - Dec 15 with 2815 viewsDalenet

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:18 - Dec 15 by blackdogblue

Murray was elected by the Trust to be the Board representative. He wasn't elected by the Trust to be a Director - the shareholders need to vote for that. The AGM is where that happens.
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 21:30 - Dec 15 with 2801 viewsJames1980

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 21:10 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

It's the entire absence of any context that's missing James, that makes the voting options so utterly useless

Indeed the uncertainty bothers me.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 23:50 - Dec 15 with 2639 viewsfermin

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 18:30 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

Send it to the Trust, they will declare the Proxy votes they hold at the meeting maybe you should mention how many shares you have in case it gets down to counting votes not hands.

Thanks. I decided to send it to both just to cover all bases.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 2:11]
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 2412 viewsDuckegg

Is this yes - no vote for shareholders or Trust members....!

Also is this an email from the Trust about the yes or no vote...!
Dale Trust E Mail vote on 10:17 - Dec 16 with 2344 viewsjudd

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 19:37 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

The Trust did issue a report of its last board meeting.

There is a thread on this MB that you contributed to.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/304096/trust-update-just-n

With regards the director vote at the AGM, the articled require a twist one third of directors resign on an annual basis and offer themselves up for reelection if they so wish.

As it is a relatively new board, the Directors to resign/retire are drawn by lots.

In this instance, Jamie was also drawn but has decided not to seek reelection.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 10:29 - Dec 16 with 2318 viewsblackdogblue

That said Judd, it is on the AGM agenda.

So does that mean Shareholders get 2 Yea / No votes?

If so and they are Trust Members as well they get 2 votes or is it just Trust Members & being a Shareholder does not count?

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 10:45 - Dec 16 with 2265 viewsjudd

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 10:29 - Dec 16 by blackdogblue

That said Judd, it is on the AGM agenda.

So does that mean Shareholders get 2 Yea / No votes?

If so and they are Trust Members as well they get 2 votes or is it just Trust Members & being a Shareholder does not count?

The Trust is one shareholder in a show of hands, more powerful if its a poll vote whereby number of shares held gives proportionality.
It will represent the majority of members voting, do if we get 52% against Murray, it will vote no.

A shareholder can vote separately.

Hope this helps clarify, otherwise feel free to phone me.

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 11:00 - Dec 16 with 2200 viewsblackdogblue

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 10:45 - Dec 16 by judd

The Trust is one shareholder in a show of hands, more powerful if its a poll vote whereby number of shares held gives proportionality.
It will represent the majority of members voting, do if we get 52% against Murray, it will vote no.

A shareholder can vote separately.

Hope this helps clarify, otherwise feel free to phone me.

Cheers for the offer but no need to.

I understand what you are saying but my final point on this is it’s all a bit last minute.com..

The votes will need to be counted / verified & it may be a very short meeting if both are No.. it would decend into chaos..

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 11:10 - Dec 16 with 2185 viewsjudd

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 11:00 - Dec 16 by blackdogblue

Cheers for the offer but no need to.

I understand what you are saying but my final point on this is it’s all a bit last minute.com..

The votes will need to be counted / verified & it may be a very short meeting if both are No.. it would decend into chaos..

It's quite a quick process.

The club has given the minimum notice period of the meeting required by the Companies Act.

I'm sure it will all work out easily.

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 11:12 - Dec 16 with 2180 viewsRAFCBLUE

On the votes - I understand about the votes for individual directors but what about the other motions?

4. To receive an approve the statement of accounts and report of the Directors and Auditors for the year ended 30 June 2022.

6. To authorise the Directors to appoint the auditors and fix their remuneration.

Presumably the Trust will be voting for both?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 13:25 - Dec 16 with 1980 viewsD_Alien

Dale Trust E Mail vote on 10:17 - Dec 16 by judd

The Trust did issue a report of its last board meeting.

There is a thread on this MB that you contributed to.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/304096/trust-update-just-n

With regards the director vote at the AGM, the articled require a twist one third of directors resign on an annual basis and offer themselves up for reelection if they so wish.

As it is a relatively new board, the Directors to resign/retire are drawn by lots.

In this instance, Jamie was also drawn but has decided not to seek reelection.

Yes, apologies regarding that (surprised no-one else has pointed it out before now?)

I was thinking more in terms of the context of the two votes regarding the AGM i.e. without giving specific direction, the implications of voting either way. Not everyone entitled to vote reads up on all the complexities

It's appreciated the Trust can't cover every angle, but queries have been raised which have significant implications. Thanks for seeking to clarify; it's needed
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 14:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024