Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money generating 13:06 - Dec 16 with 9815 viewssomdale

What about picking a game where everybody puts away their season ticket and buys a full priced one instead?
Maybe we could pick three from now till the end of the season.
I know we shouldn't have to, but at the same time the club needs money but nobody outside the club is going to help.
Money generating on 13:42 - Dec 19 with 1222 viewsD_Alien

Money generating on 13:04 - Dec 19 by 49thseason

Everyone should read this..

https://theathletic.com/2841896/2021/09/23/what-happens-when-a-club-enters-admin

Copy the URL and paste in into the box at 12ft.io

Thanks 49th, that's really useful

The more genned up we all are about the various potential outcomes the better, hence my initial questions

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Money generating on 14:02 - Dec 19 with 1158 viewsBrierls

Money generating on 22:36 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

I think Briels message has a typo in it. He didn't mean to create a double negative.

Correct. I've edited.
Money generating on 14:35 - Dec 19 with 1062 viewsBrierls

Money generating on 21:36 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Of course it is, not sure why you might think otherwise?

The immediate concern is for the players and staff to be paid their wages this month, which i've referred to several times and is essential for morale going into the Xmas/NY fixtures

If it's in the interests of the BoD to avoid admin, so much the better since the club is being bumped along with no planning for the future beyond the relinquishing of ownership, with the interests of the fanbase - despite what you might think - very much a secondary consideration, if that

[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 21:40]

I think otherwise because all you seem to be concerned with is getting into the head of SG and building a narrative that everything at this point is about recouping (some of) his outlay.

If the club is as screwed financially as some discussions on here would suggest, Administration is inevitable. It wouldn't be in the best interests of SG and Family to put more money into the club. But they did. Perhaps it's naivety on my part, but that demonstrates SG is looking after the best interests of the club as a going concern, above his own family wealth. That's a thankless task.

I offer nothing on how we as a club get out of this mess. I don't know and I'm not going to pretend to know. I'd even go as far as agreeing with what you said about the club being bumped along the road with no real planning for the future. Rightly or wrongly, I think the focus is on the short term and ensuring there is a future.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 14:47]
Money generating on 15:14 - Dec 19 with 968 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 14:35 - Dec 19 by Brierls

I think otherwise because all you seem to be concerned with is getting into the head of SG and building a narrative that everything at this point is about recouping (some of) his outlay.

If the club is as screwed financially as some discussions on here would suggest, Administration is inevitable. It wouldn't be in the best interests of SG and Family to put more money into the club. But they did. Perhaps it's naivety on my part, but that demonstrates SG is looking after the best interests of the club as a going concern, above his own family wealth. That's a thankless task.

I offer nothing on how we as a club get out of this mess. I don't know and I'm not going to pretend to know. I'd even go as far as agreeing with what you said about the club being bumped along the road with no real planning for the future. Rightly or wrongly, I think the focus is on the short term and ensuring there is a future.

I also don't know how we are going to get out of this mess. I think SG has backed himself into a corner and it has to be considered, contrary to what you are suggesting, that he is still throwing money at the club because he believes that will give him the best chance of recouping his previous outlay, throwing good money after bad. He is clinging on to the hope that a investor will turn up and monies will be recouped, buying time?

Maybe that explained the desperation to get the deal with JNG over the line a couple of weeks ago and the obvious lack of due diligence, he quickly expressed his frustration in the thinly veiled criticism of the fans who effectively scuppered the deal. People are too quick to suggest that a boardroom full of intelligent businessmen and the clubs solicitors made a error when it came to not doing the correct due dilligence in respect of SNG. Personally I find that very hard to believe, i think they knew exactly who they were dealing with. As a collective they can't have all been that thick not to have known surely? The hope would have been that the fans wouldn't have put their nose in, unfortunately for them they did and will continue to do so. No gratitude shown towards the fans from the Chairman for saving the club again is another red flag, its not a normal reaction. Then we had Swindlehurst and the Black Dog didn't we, one of the biggest shysters in football. Is anybody beginning to see a picture developing here or is it just me? Yet again the fans had to intervene and poke their noses in.

SG has repeatedly ignored offers of help over the last 12 months or so and has fostered a 'us and them' between those in the Boardroom and the fan base, that's not just my opinion but also the opinion of others. It's resulted in a lot of fans questioning his motives, especially when you look at how quickly the club has regressed under his stewardship. The lack of communication and engagement with the fans, shareholders and at times with the Trust have done him and his Directors no favours.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 16:57]
Money generating on 15:17 - Dec 19 with 956 viewsD_Alien

Money generating on 14:35 - Dec 19 by Brierls

Erm... i was replying to your original post, which you've since edited...

I'm concerned about one thing, the fate of the football club

I hope SG gets a good chunk of his money back

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024