Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After match thread: York. Our football club 18:55 - Dec 16 with 12008 views442Dale

Firstly, credit to the players and the staff for getting a point when we have so few players available at present. We can break down the tactics, style of play and other such things for forever, but we’re in the top half with about 14/15 first teamers available.

The biggest issue is the overall state of the club and where we stand. The lack of clarity around this and the way we waste weeks and months as supporters continue to seek answers on what the situation is and what we can do to help is, quite obviously, unacceptable.

It’s extremely disappointing that, despite an obvious commitment from many fans and constant requests for that clarity, we now need to focus on this week’s AGM to try and move forward. The time that has been wasted could prove critical, far too many let it pass, however we hope that there’s still some light at the end of what seems a very long tunnel of uncertainty and apathy.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 19:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 2426 viewsRAFCBLUE

After match thread: York. Our football club on 08:43 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

How did that impact the club’s finances?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/august/statement_26.08.22/

Perhaps saving the club, from the botched sale which landed a former club CEO a two year ban from football to Morton House, meant the money destined to go into the club by new Directors was not able too?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

We know that Alexander Jarvis was bouyant when in August 2021 he said in the MEN "we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs".

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/221014---efl-

We know from the EFL's written reason and Companies House confirmation statements that the sellers included former Board Directors David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson (EFL Written Reasons Paragraph 32) and Andrew Kilpatrick (Companies House) sold.

If Jarvis was right then those parties and other who sold walked off with over £1m between them.

If my maths is right, the new Board then pay circa £0.5m and their own legal costs to buy the shares from Morton House. The Trust also pay their own legal costs but I think they raised about £150k crowd funding.

Let's estimate that cost individuals and the Trust collectively £750k to see off Morton House.

The winners are the selling shareholders including former Directors who walk off with a £1m
Morton House lose about £0.5m (bought for £1.0m; sold for £0.5m)
The current Board and Trust spend £0.75m to save the club.

None of this factors in the reputational harm done to the club, it's brand, it's academy and commercial standing. All of those have a economic impact.

Imagine if the current Board and Trust had put that £0.75m straight into the club rather than solving Morton House in either 2021/22 or 2022/23. We'd probably still be a League club.

Bottomley, Rawlinson and Andrew Kilpatrick all made good money on selling their shares based on Jarvo's blatherings. Not sure where they are now but the six (EFL written reasons paragraph 32) but individuals with that sort of money probably living well whilst Dale fans deal with the long term fall out.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 11:14]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:16 - Dec 17 with 2365 viewsDorkingDale

After match thread: York. Our football club on 20:24 - Dec 16 by RAFCBLUE

We aren't the only club in the National League short of money and numbers at this time of the season. There are a number.

For example, Southend today lost at home to Bromley with 11 plus one sub. The one sub came on for the goalkeeper in the 63rd minute and they played their right back in goal for the remainder of the game.

In purely sporting terms, Maher's Southend are two points better off then us from two fewer games.

In the EFL, West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield Wednesday, Morecambe, Derby, Reading and Wigan are all on the brink.

We're not alone, though I can see why we might think we are.

... and I'm pretty sure that Southend have had a points deduction.
After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:22 - Dec 17 with 2352 viewsDorkingDale

After match thread: York. Our football club on 20:52 - Dec 16 by RAFCBLUE

That statement is probably true for half of the National League DA.

I think we will end up selling George Nevett and that sale will bring in money and reinforcements to get us through to May. What it won't bring is the numbers that McNulty is seeking because why would you burn cash now to finish mid-table in the National League?

We'd be better off writing off this season and spending early 2024 planning for 2024/25 on a different basis. Next year the EFL funding reduces, Chesterfield look like they will be gone and in infrastructure terms we will be one of the bigger clubs in the National League depending on who comes down from League 2.

Could the Trust raise £250,000 and take their stake to 25%? That would be a shift.

We will also need another Director appointing to replace Jamie Sarsfield from the AGM given the Articles of Association state there are to be 7. Who will that be?

I think that reference was to Southend's 10 point deduction earlier in the season rather than to a potential deduction for us....
After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:24 - Dec 17 with 2334 viewsDorkingDale

After match thread: York. Our football club on 23:02 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

“the club has a stable financial platform and cash reserves to be well positioned for next season.”

Ahead of 2022/23 where we were “ planning for a significantly increased playing budget”.

Yes - but we probably weren't planning for relegation.
After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:25 - Dec 17 with 2329 views442Dale

“Perhaps”

We can only go off what we have been told by the club.

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:31 - Dec 17 with 2309 views442Dale

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:24 - Dec 17 by DorkingDale

Yes - but we probably weren't planning for relegation.

The share issue and the subsequent decision to seek outside investment came before we were relegated and within months of the information posted above about our financial position.

And if a football club wasn’t planning for different scenarios, they should have been.

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:41 - Dec 17 with 2281 viewsjudd

After match thread: York. Our football club on 20:28 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

It is indeed an opportunity for the BoD to provide some clarity, but there's absolutely nothing to stop them doing so today, tomorrow, last week following the collapse of JNG, three months ago...

There's nothing on the agenda that suggests the required clarity is willing to be addressed, so where is it going to come from? The floor? There appears to be no effort to mobilise to that effect, either by the Trust or any other party

The right thing to do would be to set out those financial requirements you specify ahead of the meeting. The Trust, tbf, asked for clarity in terms of financial updates on a monthly basis. That doesn't appear to have happened, but when i referred to a lack of communication this is precisely the type of thing i had in mind. If the BoD has turned down the Trust's request, nothing has been updated to the membership (unless i've missed it again) and therefore the only conclusion is that the Trust is prepared to acquiesce in being knocked back
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 20:58]

Please see point 3 in the attached meeting report.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/11/trust-meeting-with-the-club-23-11-2023-repor

Poll: What is it to be then?

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:50 - Dec 17 with 2245 viewsRAFCBLUE

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:25 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

“Perhaps”

We can only go off what we have been told by the club.

To be fair 442, there's no perhaps. I'm quoting the EFL, Companies House and the Manchester Evening News.

It's undeniable that the events of April to July 2021 severely damaged the club.

That all starts with Andrew Kelly's statement of June 2020:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/statement--andrew-kelly/

After returning, 2019 proved to be a very difficult year. The Accounts showed losses in excess of £1.2m in the last year of CD’s stewardship. The Board in an effort to steady the ship reverted to the well worn path of player sales. I was personally very worried up until our cup run and the Craig Dawson deal, which between them in view of the previous losses, steadied the ship.

The Board decided in early 2019 that the cycle of cup runs and player sales, although historically had been a system that worked, was not a route we should continue to rely on, and so we started to look at potential investments.

When Champagne corks are popped when you're relegated from League 1 having given the manager a secret contract extension and before a secret sale by select shareholders circa10 months after that statement by Andrew Kelly there is no "perhaps"

The rebuilding of the club will take a number of years IMO; there's going to be no quick fix.

We were told by the club 4 years ago the Board were looking for an investor.

49thseason makes the point that 4 years in that hasn't worked. We need to explore the Trust taking a bigger economic stake and thus a bigger role in owning the club IMO.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Login to get fewer ads

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:57 - Dec 17 with 2217 views442Dale

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:50 - Dec 17 by RAFCBLUE

To be fair 442, there's no perhaps. I'm quoting the EFL, Companies House and the Manchester Evening News.

It's undeniable that the events of April to July 2021 severely damaged the club.

That all starts with Andrew Kelly's statement of June 2020:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/statement--andrew-kelly/

After returning, 2019 proved to be a very difficult year. The Accounts showed losses in excess of £1.2m in the last year of CD’s stewardship. The Board in an effort to steady the ship reverted to the well worn path of player sales. I was personally very worried up until our cup run and the Craig Dawson deal, which between them in view of the previous losses, steadied the ship.

The Board decided in early 2019 that the cycle of cup runs and player sales, although historically had been a system that worked, was not a route we should continue to rely on, and so we started to look at potential investments.

When Champagne corks are popped when you're relegated from League 1 having given the manager a secret contract extension and before a secret sale by select shareholders circa10 months after that statement by Andrew Kelly there is no "perhaps"

The rebuilding of the club will take a number of years IMO; there's going to be no quick fix.

We were told by the club 4 years ago the Board were looking for an investor.

49thseason makes the point that 4 years in that hasn't worked. We need to explore the Trust taking a bigger economic stake and thus a bigger role in owning the club IMO.

I didn’t use “Perhaps”.

Merely posted the statements provided by the club in the time period following Chaff’s post about the January ‘22 transfer window.

If anyone wants to talk about prior to then, fine. Predictable, but fine.

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:58 - Dec 17 with 2205 viewsD_Alien

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:41 - Dec 17 by judd

Please see point 3 in the attached meeting report.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/11/trust-meeting-with-the-club-23-11-2023-repor

The meeting took place on the 23rd November

But for scrutiny from without the BoD, the club would very likely have different ownership and a radically altered BoD by now, whereby point 3 would become either irrelevant or a discussion starting from scratch. Perhaps "being knocked back" was a harsh way of describing it, but the phrase "kicking it into the long grass" might've been apt

I take your point that the Trust has made reference to it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

After match thread: York. Our football club on 12:02 - Dec 17 with 2188 viewsjudd

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:58 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

The meeting took place on the 23rd November

But for scrutiny from without the BoD, the club would very likely have different ownership and a radically altered BoD by now, whereby point 3 would become either irrelevant or a discussion starting from scratch. Perhaps "being knocked back" was a harsh way of describing it, but the phrase "kicking it into the long grass" might've been apt

I take your point that the Trust has made reference to it

Trust meetings with the board are scheduled every 2 months or so.

Minutes are then published.

I appreciate your opinion about kicking into the long grass. To continue the analogy, the Trust brought the ball into play in the first place and won't give up on it.

After match thread: York. Our football club on 12:05 - Dec 17 with 2179 viewsD_Alien

After match thread: York. Our football club on 12:02 - Dec 17 by judd

Trust meetings with the board are scheduled every 2 months or so.

Minutes are then published.

I appreciate your opinion about kicking into the long grass. To continue the analogy, the Trust brought the ball into play in the first place and won't give up on it.

That's the kind of statement that should be heard far more often

It's something we've not been able to take for granted

Edit: perhaps the reason for that is minutes, written in minute-ese, don't provide the picture the membership is seeking at this time? Restrictions on comments outside the minutes is too severe a hindrance
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 12:29]

After match thread: York. Our football club on 12:31 - Dec 17 with 2093 viewsDalenet

After match thread: York. Our football club on 21:22 - Dec 16 by 49thseason

I think we could have as many as 15 Directors, so why not bring in 2 or 3 or 4?
Maybe its time to invite Chris Dunphy back with a mate or two. I have been critical in the past but needs must when the devil drives....
Offer Chris a vice-chair position, and use his experience if it is felt it has any relevance.
Maybe Chris could concentrate on finding an investor or buyer whilst others concentrate on running the club.
I don't know what the current headcount is at the club but it must surely be down from the 130+ levels mentioned in the last accounts. Now is the time for the Trust to start compiling the data from the fans about what shares they hold, where they work and what can they do if the event that we don't want to think about has to happen...
At what point would the 10 point deduction happen if we go into Admin? can we delay it long enough to start -10 in this division next season and spend the spring and summer fund raising?

It would be healthy to bring in more directors to both help the club, invest a bit of cash and challenge existing thinking. A strong board is critical for the future. Would you join a board of a company that is haemorrhaging cash at the rate we are, and would you sign-up to the "going concern" statement? You'd have to be pretty confident you could turn it around. So I am not sure who would throw their hat into the ring.

If after 4 years we haven't been able to find suitable new owners/investors, I think we need to stop hoping and focus on the here and now. We have to raise cash from within the fan base - and I mean current fans, potential fans, past fans and the townsfolk that don't want us to die. The ones that have grown up knowing we exist and take some pride that we are still in existence. Unless the debacle on wages last month was just a procedural issue, or whether we really had run out of cash, the future is grim without the people of the town backing us. We need bums on seats pdq and a real push to sell draw tickets etc etc. There needs to be real transparency between the Board and shareholders on Thursday over the size of the monthly deficit and what plan B is to close it. Hoping for a sale of the club as the only solution is foolhardy. This messageboard has said this for a year now, and 442 amongst others continues to beat that drum, and was doing it well at the Trust AGM.

I am not sure that the townsfolk realise how close to the edge we are. There is no plea to get behind the club from the Board, no local media coverage in the way the Observer used to do. The football isn't the best, but the second half yesterday was at least entertaining. A few more games (but for 90 minutes) like that might have people coming back. The Boxing Day game is critical as we will attract lots of first time fans. We have to do it both on and off the pitch. But we need to find a way to close that deficit now.

Team Rochdale is needed more than ever.
After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:14 - Dec 17 with 1971 viewsjonahwhereru

After the Gateshead game it was important to get something out of this match. So credit for being the better side and giving it a go in the second half. I think the team are showing resilience, without having the us against the world attitude that is evident in Southend.
Not great when the most important person at the club is the physio. I do think you can’t go full bore at matches when the squad is so depleted. Fortunately more teams than I expected for this league are ball playing and retention sides.

Curiously on Thursday Southend released a player that had made 41 appearances for them, saying the lad didn’t want to be there. In the circumstances I found that odd. He must have virtually been guaranteed game time given the squad. Plus the club may change hands in January, would have thought they could have persuaded him to stay until then. The legal’s are to being discussed there. The takeover was agreed in principal on the 17/11, and still the I’s Have not been dotted. In the meantime the embargo continues.

UTD
After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:20 - Dec 17 with 1965 viewsjudd

After match thread: York. Our football club on 12:05 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

That's the kind of statement that should be heard far more often

It's something we've not been able to take for granted

Edit: perhaps the reason for that is minutes, written in minute-ese, don't provide the picture the membership is seeking at this time? Restrictions on comments outside the minutes is too severe a hindrance
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 12:29]

The meeting lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes.

To minute that word by word is the only way to put everything into context, but that would be impossible.

Personally, I think it is much more relevant to minute subject, agreed actions, concerns arising and report relevant outcomes.

The published minutes are agreed between club and Trust. In this particular set, the club pointed out a couple of omissions.

After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:31 - Dec 17 with 1941 views49thseason

After match thread: York. Our football club on 11:02 - Dec 17 by RAFCBLUE

Perhaps saving the club, from the botched sale which landed a former club CEO a two year ban from football to Morton House, meant the money destined to go into the club by new Directors was not able too?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

We know that Alexander Jarvis was bouyant when in August 2021 he said in the MEN "we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs".

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/221014---efl-

We know from the EFL's written reason and Companies House confirmation statements that the sellers included former Board Directors David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson (EFL Written Reasons Paragraph 32) and Andrew Kilpatrick (Companies House) sold.

If Jarvis was right then those parties and other who sold walked off with over £1m between them.

If my maths is right, the new Board then pay circa £0.5m and their own legal costs to buy the shares from Morton House. The Trust also pay their own legal costs but I think they raised about £150k crowd funding.

Let's estimate that cost individuals and the Trust collectively £750k to see off Morton House.

The winners are the selling shareholders including former Directors who walk off with a £1m
Morton House lose about £0.5m (bought for £1.0m; sold for £0.5m)
The current Board and Trust spend £0.75m to save the club.

None of this factors in the reputational harm done to the club, it's brand, it's academy and commercial standing. All of those have a economic impact.

Imagine if the current Board and Trust had put that £0.75m straight into the club rather than solving Morton House in either 2021/22 or 2022/23. We'd probably still be a League club.

Bottomley, Rawlinson and Andrew Kilpatrick all made good money on selling their shares based on Jarvo's blatherings. Not sure where they are now but the six (EFL written reasons paragraph 32) but individuals with that sort of money probably living well whilst Dale fans deal with the long term fall out.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 11:14]

Much as we shouldn't forget what happened, it is gone and there is nothing more we can do about it, we have to focus on the here and now. My sense is that we must slash and burn the overhead as quickly as possible, convert stocks to cash at any price and hunker down pending more money arriving for next season. Any cash burning activity which does not make a profit needs to go, close the whole COA for 4 or 5 days a week, have a skeleton staff working from home. Lets stop the photographs and videos and social media which could be taken on by fans if it is essential to anything, close the shop and bars if they are not making weekly profits. The upset caused now will be much less than the upset of going bust. This is a defining point, doing the right things now could re-set the club for decades to come, doing nothing could ruin it within weeks.

One of the main reasons companies fail is that they dont take action early enough and die a lingering death that didnt need to happen. It is unrealistic to expect long- suffering fans to buy more shares unless the Directors can demonstrate that the money will not be poured into the same pit it is disappearing into at the moment.
No company can get away with losing £10s of thousands a week forever.

What I am suggesting is a horrible thing to contemplate but these are the decisions that the board has to take and they have to take them before the situation takes the ultimate decision for them assuming we are not at that point already. The only requirement is to put a team on the pitch every week and allow a couple of thousand people into the ground to watch. Nothing else matters.
These steps may buy us the time to find an investor who is a good fit for this club, or to develop the off field activities that would allow us to paddle our own canoe. It must be easier to find an investor if the losses have been massively reduced already. I would happily take a few years bobbling about in this division becoming gradually stronger and rebuilding sustainably than the situation I fear we are hurtling towards.
After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:52 - Dec 17 with 1869 viewsD_Alien

After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:20 - Dec 17 by judd

The meeting lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes.

To minute that word by word is the only way to put everything into context, but that would be impossible.

Personally, I think it is much more relevant to minute subject, agreed actions, concerns arising and report relevant outcomes.

The published minutes are agreed between club and Trust. In this particular set, the club pointed out a couple of omissions.

That's the nature of minutes, a summary generally understood by the participants who were party to the wider discussion

My point - very well known by now - is the ability of the Trust to communicate in a more direct manner with its membership & wider fanbase (potential members) is needed at this time. I'm not disagreeing with you here. Having a few bits of flesh added to the bare bones is welcome, but of itself almost certainly insufficient, through no fault of any individual

After match thread: York. Our football club on 15:25 - Dec 17 with 1691 viewsDuckegg

After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:31 - Dec 17 by 49thseason

Much as we shouldn't forget what happened, it is gone and there is nothing more we can do about it, we have to focus on the here and now. My sense is that we must slash and burn the overhead as quickly as possible, convert stocks to cash at any price and hunker down pending more money arriving for next season. Any cash burning activity which does not make a profit needs to go, close the whole COA for 4 or 5 days a week, have a skeleton staff working from home. Lets stop the photographs and videos and social media which could be taken on by fans if it is essential to anything, close the shop and bars if they are not making weekly profits. The upset caused now will be much less than the upset of going bust. This is a defining point, doing the right things now could re-set the club for decades to come, doing nothing could ruin it within weeks.

One of the main reasons companies fail is that they dont take action early enough and die a lingering death that didnt need to happen. It is unrealistic to expect long- suffering fans to buy more shares unless the Directors can demonstrate that the money will not be poured into the same pit it is disappearing into at the moment.
No company can get away with losing £10s of thousands a week forever.

What I am suggesting is a horrible thing to contemplate but these are the decisions that the board has to take and they have to take them before the situation takes the ultimate decision for them assuming we are not at that point already. The only requirement is to put a team on the pitch every week and allow a couple of thousand people into the ground to watch. Nothing else matters.
These steps may buy us the time to find an investor who is a good fit for this club, or to develop the off field activities that would allow us to paddle our own canoe. It must be easier to find an investor if the losses have been massively reduced already. I would happily take a few years bobbling about in this division becoming gradually stronger and rebuilding sustainably than the situation I fear we are hurtling towards.

Cutting the cloth as they say should have started early last season when SG said the club was on course to lose £1.5m...
Do we know if the board has cut anything other than the squad wages budget!

The club had the MH disaster and the BoD seems to have learned nothing since and they go and try to sell the Club to SNG which collasped...
The trust again saved the club but the BIG question why didnt the Chairman and the directors do the justified diligence on these people for me that puts SG as a person I do not trust at all, ok so he put his hand in his pocket the dupporters and the trust have done that for god knows how long...
On a previous topic it was stated that SG sell see to get his cash back and i think that is the sole focus by him otherwise SNG would be a non starter...

Above it was mentioned about inceasing the directors a good idea and i would rather have Chris Dunphy over SG any day of the week..
It is time for the BoD to gdt their heads out of the sand and get CD on board with maybe one or two others as use his vast wealth on running the club..
Also why not approach the owners of Crown Oil to see if any of them would like to join the Board.....

With regards to investors the club and the trust need to get together to move on together now and try and sort this mess....
An investor as been saught for how long now!
Personally I dont think it will happend unless the club reaches the inevitable and goes under that is when the undesirables come crawling out and start rubbing their gruby hands......
After match thread: York. Our football club on 16:09 - Dec 17 with 1580 viewsZac_B

After match thread: York. Our football club on 15:25 - Dec 17 by Duckegg

Cutting the cloth as they say should have started early last season when SG said the club was on course to lose £1.5m...
Do we know if the board has cut anything other than the squad wages budget!

The club had the MH disaster and the BoD seems to have learned nothing since and they go and try to sell the Club to SNG which collasped...
The trust again saved the club but the BIG question why didnt the Chairman and the directors do the justified diligence on these people for me that puts SG as a person I do not trust at all, ok so he put his hand in his pocket the dupporters and the trust have done that for god knows how long...
On a previous topic it was stated that SG sell see to get his cash back and i think that is the sole focus by him otherwise SNG would be a non starter...

Above it was mentioned about inceasing the directors a good idea and i would rather have Chris Dunphy over SG any day of the week..
It is time for the BoD to gdt their heads out of the sand and get CD on board with maybe one or two others as use his vast wealth on running the club..
Also why not approach the owners of Crown Oil to see if any of them would like to join the Board.....

With regards to investors the club and the trust need to get together to move on together now and try and sort this mess....
An investor as been saught for how long now!
Personally I dont think it will happend unless the club reaches the inevitable and goes under that is when the undesirables come crawling out and start rubbing their gruby hands......

CD's vast wealth?

How much do you think he is worth?
After match thread: York. Our football club on 16:33 - Dec 17 with 1525 viewsDuckegg

After match thread: York. Our football club on 16:09 - Dec 17 by Zac_B

CD's vast wealth?

How much do you think he is worth?

Vast wealth on running a football club..
After match thread: York. Our football club on 17:09 - Dec 17 with 1431 viewsjudd

After match thread: York. Our football club on 13:52 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

That's the nature of minutes, a summary generally understood by the participants who were party to the wider discussion

My point - very well known by now - is the ability of the Trust to communicate in a more direct manner with its membership & wider fanbase (potential members) is needed at this time. I'm not disagreeing with you here. Having a few bits of flesh added to the bare bones is welcome, but of itself almost certainly insufficient, through no fault of any individual

Have a look at these minutes.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2023/december/board-minutes---november-2023/

After match thread: York. Our football club on 18:31 - Dec 17 with 1276 viewsblackdogblue

After match thread: York. Our football club on 17:09 - Dec 17 by judd

The Board noted the Financial Statements to 30 June 2023.
The Board noted the Consolidated Balance Sheet position at 30 June 2023.

More upto date than what will be discussed this week Judd…

Where we were 2021-2022 is Fat Pats chips wrapping paper…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

After match thread: York. Our football club on 18:35 - Dec 17 with 1250 viewsRAFCBLUE

Forecasted losses continue to be above £3million and will be covered by share capital purchases.

Even a moderately successful League 1 club can't break even, rely on transfers or a cup run....

After match thread: York. Our football club on 18:38 - Dec 17 with 1245 viewsD_Alien

Pretty standard

I understand the issue with minutes, where "seconds" aren't able to be divulged

It's the balancing act between being represented at board level, therefore having sight of the issues being discussed but unable to exert any actual influence (which must be painful in itself) and having the freedom to act on behalf of the membership, with the required amount of communication between all parties

Is that balance right, or even sustainable in the current circumstances? I just don't think it is, and hasn't been for some time
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 18:38]

After match thread: York. Our football club on 18:58 - Dec 17 with 1182 viewsD_Alien

Following on from this, let's look at a specific issue: the Trust board having sight of monthly financial updates

In the minutes of the meeting between the Trust and BoD, monthly updates are contentious (beyond the Trust rep) due to issues of confidentiality, around which further discussions are due to take place

When just about the most important thing on everyone's minds right now is "can we survive another month" and "will the players and staff get paid for Christmas", what benefit would it be to the Trust board as a whole to have sight of the current financials if, bound by an NDA, the Trust can't communicate with its members in order to try to effect change other than "we need to raise some money" which we all know?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 19:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024