Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better analyst than coach 07:08 - Mar 7 with 3415 viewsonehunglow

Last three games have seen a pattern
Discuss ,as they say

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Better analyst than coach on 06:20 - Mar 8 with 1184 viewsjack247

Better analyst than coach on 17:40 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

It's probably worth noting that good first halves followed by poor to horrendous second halves were also a regular occurrence during the Martin era, comparisons to whom Williams still has to do a lot of work to get past.

For me we just about have enough to get points against the poorer teams in the division, but we're still wide open for a proper reaming against the better ones defending the way we do.

In fairness to Williams, if we are (quite fairly) going to to the Russell Martin comparisons, it’s worth noting that the football is a lot closer to that played on the long winning run at the end of last season than the five at the back faff around in our own box we played most of his time here.

We’re also not dropping points in injury time so far.

I agree, the way we play makes us easy meat for the likes of Leicester and Leeds. I don’t see him adopting a different style on the rare occasion we play them though.
Better analyst than coach on 09:31 - Mar 8 with 1103 viewsonehunglow

Thanks.Some good points
Fir me,he speaks “ well” and analyses where we went wrong
His trouble is ,thus far,he has not fixed matters.
We can play, we can be dynamic but three games in a row where we have let teams back into the game isn’t comforting

Better analyst than coach on 12:27 - Mar 8 with 1058 viewsjack247

Better analyst than coach on 09:31 - Mar 8 by onehunglow

Thanks.Some good points
Fir me,he speaks “ well” and analyses where we went wrong
His trouble is ,thus far,he has not fixed matters.
We can play, we can be dynamic but three games in a row where we have let teams back into the game isn’t comforting

If you compare those three games to how we were playing earlier in the season, we played nearly as badly as we did in those second halves for the entire 90 minutes.

I know Duff isn’t a particularly high bar to set, but there’s no doubt we’ve improved. Completely get we haven’t got close to sustaining it all game yet.

Plus we took seven points from them.
Better analyst than coach on 14:15 - Mar 8 with 1031 viewsonehunglow

Big Yorkshire derby tonight

Better analyst than coach on 16:53 - Mar 8 with 967 viewsSullutaCreturned

Better analyst than coach on 06:20 - Mar 8 by jack247

In fairness to Williams, if we are (quite fairly) going to to the Russell Martin comparisons, it’s worth noting that the football is a lot closer to that played on the long winning run at the end of last season than the five at the back faff around in our own box we played most of his time here.

We’re also not dropping points in injury time so far.

I agree, the way we play makes us easy meat for the likes of Leicester and Leeds. I don’t see him adopting a different style on the rare occasion we play them though.

There is the nub of it. When we play the better teams he is supposed to organise the team in the way most likely to get a better result.

Knowing that the top teams with better, faster players will cut through you like a hot knife through butter is a very good reason to adjust tactics, to change the strategy.

Simply throwing them out like lambs to the slaughter isn't good enough.
Better analyst than coach on 17:17 - Mar 8 with 937 viewsjack247

Better analyst than coach on 16:53 - Mar 8 by SullutaCreturned

There is the nub of it. When we play the better teams he is supposed to organise the team in the way most likely to get a better result.

Knowing that the top teams with better, faster players will cut through you like a hot knife through butter is a very good reason to adjust tactics, to change the strategy.

Yes I know. It’s an extreme way of playing. I can’t see anything other than a hiding when we play teams of that calibre.

We’re just as likely to get a tuning if he throws it all out the window and tries to play Duffball for one game though. The top teams are used to opponents who play like that every week.

He needs to get better at adapting his tactics during games though. That’s the one similarity with Matin that sticks out for me. Pre planned substitutions on the hour don’t inspire me with confidence.

On the plus side, the three that got relegated last season are better than usual. I can’t see say Sheffield United or Luton being as dominant. May not be the case if the likes of Forest and Everton come down.
Better analyst than coach on 10:42 - Mar 9 with 841 viewsbluenile

Better analyst than coach on 17:30 - Mar 7 by SullutaCreturned

There are signs of improvement but there are also some things that are puzzling, why are we so poor in the second half? Is it entirely dwn to game plan and the subs he makes, are the players wearing themselves out first half?

It's something I'm struggling with, if he's happy to get a first half lead then go a bit more negative then I',concerned because we invite pressure on ourselves.

Maybe he just needs the 3-4 new players and to get better quality on the bench, to cut away dead wood. That comes down to what the owners do.

Time will tell for sure but I can't see a reason for going all negative on our coach just yet.

The feeling I'm getting about the 2nd halves in recent matches is purely down to Williams for me. I think even he believes that opposition managers don't give their players the proverbial "boot up the 'arris" after a shite 1st half. If he said "look lads, they're going to be wound up for this next half, let's hit them really hard, with a high tempo for at least 10 minutes" it would stop their plan before it starts. I think Williams probably says "more of the same". I do believe he has the ability to succeed, but needs to realise that Fulton and Grimes together will kill our game plan, and Grimes is great going forward, but utter shite going back.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Better analyst than coach on 22:19 - Mar 9 with 729 viewsswancity

Better analyst than coach on 16:53 - Mar 8 by SullutaCreturned

You need to realise that football is not an exact science.

If you play a team that is better than you from 1 to 11 then in most cases you lose. You can play your way and take them on or you can sit back in a low block it’s called these days and hope to be successful with counter attacking. It’s refreshing that we are sticking to our own way of playing. We are on a good run albeit LW knows that we must play for 90 minutes. His job is to maximise the potential of those players we have and look to recruit well in the summer and that depends on the hierarchy. With our club being on s different stratosphere to what it was a few years ago we seem to have stabilised. Hopefully.

As for “lambs to the slaughter” that’s complete nonsense.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Better analyst than coach on 09:10 - Mar 10 with 604 viewsonehunglow

Better analyst than coach on 22:19 - Mar 9 by swancity

You need to realise that football is not an exact science.

If you play a team that is better than you from 1 to 11 then in most cases you lose. You can play your way and take them on or you can sit back in a low block it’s called these days and hope to be successful with counter attacking. It’s refreshing that we are sticking to our own way of playing. We are on a good run albeit LW knows that we must play for 90 minutes. His job is to maximise the potential of those players we have and look to recruit well in the summer and that depends on the hierarchy. With our club being on s different stratosphere to what it was a few years ago we seem to have stabilised. Hopefully.

As for “lambs to the slaughter” that’s complete nonsense.

And there endeth the lesson.
Pay attention Cat.
We are blessed to have such an educator .

Exact science is rather ironic

Better analyst than coach on 09:45 - Mar 10 with 584 viewsvetchonian

the pattern I see is 3 goals all scored from set pieces nit open play.
We seem to have sorted the defence in that even during those less controlled second halves the teams chances have come from poor defending at set plays hopefully Margetson will sort this out
The last goal we conceded on open-play was against Ipswich in the first half and a dodgy offside decision
we are on a run of 3 games unbeaten..Williams is in only what his 11th league game in charge during which time we played 5 of the top 6and he has had to integrate new players those returning from injury and coach a new way of playing. in those first 10 games he had managed to achieve 1 point more than Martin did in his first 10 games so let's give him a little more time.
For me the football is a better watch than we have had for a long time and the results seem to be coming.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Better analyst than coach on 13:47 - Mar 10 with 529 viewsonehunglow

Better analyst than coach on 09:45 - Mar 10 by vetchonian

the pattern I see is 3 goals all scored from set pieces nit open play.
We seem to have sorted the defence in that even during those less controlled second halves the teams chances have come from poor defending at set plays hopefully Margetson will sort this out
The last goal we conceded on open-play was against Ipswich in the first half and a dodgy offside decision
we are on a run of 3 games unbeaten..Williams is in only what his 11th league game in charge during which time we played 5 of the top 6and he has had to integrate new players those returning from injury and coach a new way of playing. in those first 10 games he had managed to achieve 1 point more than Martin did in his first 10 games so let's give him a little more time.
For me the football is a better watch than we have had for a long time and the results seem to be coming.

This better?
Really

Better analyst than coach on 14:00 - Mar 10 with 524 viewsvetchonian

Better analyst than coach on 13:47 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

This better?
Really

not so much today but other games have been...we need points and a point away today not to he sniffed at.
though we might be lucky to come away with that the way BC are now coming at us and there it is

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Better analyst than coach on 14:02 - Mar 10 with 521 viewsonehunglow

Better analyst than coach on 14:00 - Mar 10 by vetchonian

not so much today but other games have been...we need points and a point away today not to he sniffed at.
though we might be lucky to come away with that the way BC are now coming at us and there it is

No they have not

This is not better

Better analyst than coach on 14:23 - Mar 10 with 488 viewsunion_jack

Better analyst than coach on 14:02 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

No they have not

This is not better

I’m not proud of myself for having a go at KW, I like to give managers time. But he’s no coach. The only innovative thing we saw was that corner routine that worked once but not since. Hasn’t he got anything else up his sleeve?

The movement off the ball is non existent and I thought we’d bought some pace but Ronald has had a day to remember (though he’ll never forget that corner!).

God help us next week.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Better analyst than coach on 14:28 - Mar 10 with 481 viewsonehunglow

Better analyst than coach on 14:23 - Mar 10 by union_jack

I’m not proud of myself for having a go at KW, I like to give managers time. But he’s no coach. The only innovative thing we saw was that corner routine that worked once but not since. Hasn’t he got anything else up his sleeve?

The movement off the ball is non existent and I thought we’d bought some pace but Ronald has had a day to remember (though he’ll never forget that corner!).

God help us next week.

Go easy on yourself
He is appalling
Frankly
He offers nowt,he has improved nobody ,and our club is in deep doodoo.
He talks a fine job ,as have others,but he is clueless .
I am very fearful now
I can’t see how we can avoid the drop now

Mustn’t be a drama queen though

Better analyst than coach on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 473 viewsunion_jack

Better analyst than coach on 14:28 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

Go easy on yourself
He is appalling
Frankly
He offers nowt,he has improved nobody ,and our club is in deep doodoo.
He talks a fine job ,as have others,but he is clueless .
I am very fearful now
I can’t see how we can avoid the drop now

Mustn’t be a drama queen though

By default hopefully, certainly not by merit by the looks of things.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Better analyst than coach on 18:42 - Mar 10 with 388 viewsshingle

Better analyst than coach on 07:22 - Mar 7 by pembsjack

I think the fact that we can perform in the first half and create chances say he is a coach and things will hopefully continue to improve. 7 points out of 3 games shouldn't be sniffed at.
I firmly believe the majority (not all) of the blame sits with the players. Lacklustre and half arsed performances aren't new to the Williams era, they've been there all season. Some of the individual performances make me feel sick, cowards and egos who shouldn't ever wear our shirt.
I hope that he is being fully involved with recruitment for next season, a full clear out is needed,

Do you honestly believe that a full clear out and paying to bring in better players with the owners we have is going to happen, comments like that just cements my belief at just how dumb a percentage of our fan base is.
Better analyst than coach on 18:50 - Mar 10 with 376 viewsDr_Winston

The club is already spending at least £10m a year more than it can afford. The absolute last thing that we want them to do is make that worse.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024