Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odoh 20:51 - May 21 with 2830 viewsseasidedale

I see odoh has joined Peterborough from Harrogate for an undisclosed fee, wonder if we had a sell on clause
Odoh on 20:59 - May 21 with 2794 viewsSuddenLad

We didn't sell him did we? The club had an option to trigger an extension, but he declined and left as a free agent, at the end of his contract, then he signed for Harrogate.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Odoh on 21:11 - May 21 with 2764 viewsseasidedale

I think looking back we sold him for the usual undisclosed fee, don’t forget he was under 24 so we could demand a fee, so rather than go to tribunal they paid a fee,
According to Harrogate official site they paid an undisclosed fee.
[Post edited 21 May 21:20]
Odoh on 21:27 - May 21 with 2701 viewsSuddenLad

Odoh on 21:11 - May 21 by seasidedale

I think looking back we sold him for the usual undisclosed fee, don’t forget he was under 24 so we could demand a fee, so rather than go to tribunal they paid a fee,
According to Harrogate official site they paid an undisclosed fee.
[Post edited 21 May 21:20]

OK. Maybe we are due a few quid then. He's clearly developed his game since he left here. He always lacked a final product or blindly ran into touch. He got some unfair stick here, but I think he was given a fair chance. Just never reached the standard needed.

Odoh on 22:35 - May 21 with 2580 viewsD_Alien

Odoh on 21:27 - May 21 by SuddenLad

OK. Maybe we are due a few quid then. He's clearly developed his game since he left here. He always lacked a final product or blindly ran into touch. He got some unfair stick here, but I think he was given a fair chance. Just never reached the standard needed.

Has he developed, or has he been developed by better coaching?

There's a bit of a pattern here, with Kelly instrumental in getting Crawley promoted. Tbf, i didn't rate him but if he wasn't being utilised correctly that can create the wrong impression. By correctly, i mean further up the field

[Post edited 21 May 22:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Odoh on 22:39 - May 21 with 2563 viewsjudd

Darragh McAnthony posted on X it's a six figure fee

Poll: What is it to be then?

Odoh on 22:43 - May 21 with 2549 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Odoh on 22:39 - May 21 by judd

Darragh McAnthony posted on X it's a six figure fee

Gosh, he must have progressed well, I hope Dale get a small taste of that fee.

Always though he had summat about him. Good luck there.
Odoh on 10:20 - May 22 with 2144 viewsSuddenLad

Odoh on 22:35 - May 21 by D_Alien

Has he developed, or has he been developed by better coaching?

There's a bit of a pattern here, with Kelly instrumental in getting Crawley promoted. Tbf, i didn't rate him but if he wasn't being utilised correctly that can create the wrong impression. By correctly, i mean further up the field

[Post edited 21 May 22:37]

I always thought Odoh had the ability, but he tried to overdo it and played himself into bother or lost control. He's bagged quite a few for Harrogate and clearly improved his output. Is it because he's had better coaching? No idea really, but obviously a change of scenery and different voices have helped.

Similarly with Kelly. Great talent, great skills and scored some lovely goals for Dale, but sometimes seemed unhappy in the role he was asked to play. His body language wasn't always the best, so again, change of environment, different coach(es) and Crawley now have a hell of an asset on their hands. He ran the show at Wembley on Sunday. Provider, goalscorer and a joy to watch. He thoroughly deserved his Man of the Match award, but some of his after-match pictures would have looked better without James Ball on them.

I think Kelly will do well in League One. He's definitely 'one that got away. Maybe better handling might have made the difference, but with a threadbare squad, you can't always get round pegs in round holes. Hopefully, that will change this season.

Odoh on 11:02 - May 22 with 2056 viewsD_Alien

Odoh on 10:20 - May 22 by SuddenLad

I always thought Odoh had the ability, but he tried to overdo it and played himself into bother or lost control. He's bagged quite a few for Harrogate and clearly improved his output. Is it because he's had better coaching? No idea really, but obviously a change of scenery and different voices have helped.

Similarly with Kelly. Great talent, great skills and scored some lovely goals for Dale, but sometimes seemed unhappy in the role he was asked to play. His body language wasn't always the best, so again, change of environment, different coach(es) and Crawley now have a hell of an asset on their hands. He ran the show at Wembley on Sunday. Provider, goalscorer and a joy to watch. He thoroughly deserved his Man of the Match award, but some of his after-match pictures would have looked better without James Ball on them.

I think Kelly will do well in League One. He's definitely 'one that got away. Maybe better handling might have made the difference, but with a threadbare squad, you can't always get round pegs in round holes. Hopefully, that will change this season.

Agree with much of that

I keep reading "Hopefully that will change this season" in various contexts. I'm pretty sure things will be changing off the field whilst remaining sceptical about on the field

All i've seen is a too-rigid system with in-game lack of thought and flexibility. Slight increase to the playing budget or not, i see little or no improvement in individual players which is what the Odoh/Kelly points highlight - rather, the opposite

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Odoh on 11:42 - May 22 with 1978 viewsSuddenLad

Odoh on 11:02 - May 22 by D_Alien

Agree with much of that

I keep reading "Hopefully that will change this season" in various contexts. I'm pretty sure things will be changing off the field whilst remaining sceptical about on the field

All i've seen is a too-rigid system with in-game lack of thought and flexibility. Slight increase to the playing budget or not, i see little or no improvement in individual players which is what the Odoh/Kelly points highlight - rather, the opposite

I was hoping that we may have a (slightly) larger squad for 24/25 which would allow greater flexibility and allow players to be more settled in their primary positions, rather than a regular 'shape shift' using players in improvised roles. We need additions, but more importantly, experience in key areas.

The budget for 24/25 has been described as 'competitive' whatever that means, but it does suggest that we (as a club) have the intention and expectation of finishing higher up the table. The play-offs will rightly be seen as a minimum target.

I wouldn't say I'm sceptical - more hopeful, but as ever we will have to wait and see. There has to be a change in approach if we are to achieve what is expected, so let's see how it pans out. We definitely need to hit the ground running.

Odoh on 11:46 - May 22 with 1970 viewsEdindale

Frustrating to see our 'failures' capitalised by other clubs and turned into valuable assets. There are many examples and even Newby was instrumental in Altringham's good run at end of the season.

All of the retained players need to improve by a discernible %.
Odoh on 12:01 - May 22 with 1949 viewsRodingdale

My fear is that yet again we give a pre-season to a manager who is subsequently relieved of his duties in Dec/Jan. I hope I’m wrong but nothing I’ve seen and heard from McNulty gives any reassurance that he understands it’s a results business. Seeing how Odoh and Kelly and to a lesser extent Campbell have done since leaving indicates the coaching g ethos is part of the problem. Maybe the renewed Team Rochdale spirit, a single training facility will be the change necessary- but until I hear NcNulty say he’ll be judged by results I don’t think much will change.

To build support in the stands the home form has to improve- last season I set off for a match be it against top bottom or mid table opposition- there was was no sense of expectation of what sort of performance we might get. That performance v Oxford City…..

Has to change Jim. Or we have to change Jim.
Odoh on 16:00 - May 22 with 1605 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Odoh on 12:01 - May 22 by Rodingdale

My fear is that yet again we give a pre-season to a manager who is subsequently relieved of his duties in Dec/Jan. I hope I’m wrong but nothing I’ve seen and heard from McNulty gives any reassurance that he understands it’s a results business. Seeing how Odoh and Kelly and to a lesser extent Campbell have done since leaving indicates the coaching g ethos is part of the problem. Maybe the renewed Team Rochdale spirit, a single training facility will be the change necessary- but until I hear NcNulty say he’ll be judged by results I don’t think much will change.

To build support in the stands the home form has to improve- last season I set off for a match be it against top bottom or mid table opposition- there was was no sense of expectation of what sort of performance we might get. That performance v Oxford City…..

Has to change Jim. Or we have to change Jim.

I wonder if the budget would stretch to getting McNulty some much needed expert help.
(Some mentioned Kevin Phillips as a suggestion to support our strikers,if we can afford)

McNulty traded as a stable mediocre defender, job done if we don't get beat.....is this his same modus operandi and mindset? Agree things have to change.
Odoh on 18:33 - May 22 with 1391 viewsseasidedale

Odoh on 11:42 - May 22 by SuddenLad

I was hoping that we may have a (slightly) larger squad for 24/25 which would allow greater flexibility and allow players to be more settled in their primary positions, rather than a regular 'shape shift' using players in improvised roles. We need additions, but more importantly, experience in key areas.

The budget for 24/25 has been described as 'competitive' whatever that means, but it does suggest that we (as a club) have the intention and expectation of finishing higher up the table. The play-offs will rightly be seen as a minimum target.

I wouldn't say I'm sceptical - more hopeful, but as ever we will have to wait and see. There has to be a change in approach if we are to achieve what is expected, so let's see how it pans out. We definitely need to hit the ground running.

Ruler change in national league next season, 7 subs can be named and think you are allowed to use 5, not sure of circumstances, but the sub windows during games has gone
Odoh on 18:51 - May 22 with 1352 viewsnordenblue

Odoh on 11:46 - May 22 by Edindale

Frustrating to see our 'failures' capitalised by other clubs and turned into valuable assets. There are many examples and even Newby was instrumental in Altringham's good run at end of the season.

All of the retained players need to improve by a discernible %.

I'm thinking that might be more down to the "guidance" they're being issued with rather than their individual talents coupled with a ridiculous tunnel visioned obsession with possession.and stats
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024