Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix 08:58 - May 22 with 17860 viewsFrankRightguard

Anyone seen this? Shocking even by the pitifully low standards society seems to operate at these days.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:31 - May 25 with 2829 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:22 - May 25 by stowmarketrange

It was hardly a few.The reports say that 6,000 managed or tried to get into the game.

Is 6,000 a lot? In a stadium with 90,000 capacity, and 25,000 empty seats? In a country of 50m, largely obsessed with football, that hasn't been to a major final since 1966?

I disagree

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:42 - May 25 with 2816 viewsstowmarketrange

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:31 - May 25 by SheffieldHoop

Is 6,000 a lot? In a stadium with 90,000 capacity, and 25,000 empty seats? In a country of 50m, largely obsessed with football, that hasn't been to a major final since 1966?

I disagree

We’ll have to agree to disagree then.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:47 - May 25 with 2762 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:21 - May 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

You've been very consistent for years on here insisting white men (and 'heteronormative' men) get a bad deal from liberal and left bodies including the media.

Did I misunderstand what demographic you were referring to when you say legacy fans?

If I think you are racist i'll say so. I won't tread on eggshells around it. I'm not famed for my tact.

You said in as many words that the media gave the perpetrators at the Euro final at Wembley a harder time because they were white working class men and gave the Brixton Asake perpetrators an easy time, I assume from your previous posts, because they weren't.

I gave you an example of similar sized sporting event where similar things happened, and where the main demographic (arab and african) were attacked for it.

Here is a documentary about it, on Panorama the national broadcaster no less.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001d84s

Here is a quote from it, from a french copper

"At the start the ones jumping through the turnstiles were mainly locals, but very quickly other profiles emerged. Minors or pseudo-minors, foreigners, ultra-violent types from God knows where. Then everything changed,"

I'm not going to post on this anymore, as it will only result in you publishing my photo or personal details, but I hope you get my point.

"You've been very consistent for years on here insisting white men (and 'heteronormative' men) get a bad deal from liberal and left bodies including the media."
Because it's demonstrably true.

Panorama? Discredited numerous times, is untrustworthy, and hardly anybody watches the BBC these days anyway. So nah, I've never seen that documentary, nor will I. And nor will most people.

You'll all watch the Netflix one tho, and a lot will go along with their conclusion, which is sad.
[Post edited 25 May 12:53]

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:03 - May 25 with 2681 viewsSydneyRs

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:47 - May 25 by SheffieldHoop

"You've been very consistent for years on here insisting white men (and 'heteronormative' men) get a bad deal from liberal and left bodies including the media."
Because it's demonstrably true.

Panorama? Discredited numerous times, is untrustworthy, and hardly anybody watches the BBC these days anyway. So nah, I've never seen that documentary, nor will I. And nor will most people.

You'll all watch the Netflix one tho, and a lot will go along with their conclusion, which is sad.
[Post edited 25 May 12:53]

Siri, show me an admission of defeat.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:07 - May 25 with 2676 viewsSydneyRs

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 04:03 - May 25 by FredManRave

Just watched it.

Just another case of Netflix giv¡ng it the big'un yet delivering nothing of any reail, deep and incisve investigatons.

We're all being brainwashed.

The one they made about the Ashley Madison website hack is a load of shite too. They could and should have done so much better.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:24 - May 27 with 2372 viewsQPunkR

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:31 - May 25 by SheffieldHoop

I disagree

Like I said before, there was many more than 6k inside the stadium without tickets. That's just the number they ended up deciding on arbitrarily

QPR - "shit but local"

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:31 - May 27 with 2306 viewsPindarus

What was exhibited is a prime example of "British values" that Farage and other guttersnipes are banging on about.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:57 - May 27 with 2260 viewsLblock

There were plenty round me who had jibbed in and I witnessed plenty of others trying

Sorry to disappoint but the vast majority of those were clearly local to Wembley and the NW London area.
None of it seemed planned to me, just opportunism.

Sorry if that doesn’t suit the bash the fans stance or and fuel to the selectively morally outraged

As England fans of long standing age can all testify; we’d often amass outside foreign grounds and the local police would find space to allow us inside. For free. The theory was you’re better a container problem than a problem on the loose.
That simply doesn’t happen now.

What does happen quite regularly these days though is that certain concerts will have an element who violently play the numbers and aggression game. I’ve seen and heard of proper horrific events going on.
This rarely gets reported for various reasons and certainly wouldn’t get the hyperbole of this documentary (which I shall watch this evening with lots of snorty noises from my nose)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 20:09 - May 27 with 2136 viewsthame_hoops

Finally got round to watching it, thoroughly depressing and brought back some bad memories. I’ve never heard of the term jibbed before this.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:35 - May 28 with 1954 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:03 - May 25 by SydneyRs

Siri, show me an admission of defeat.

Siri, show me an out-of-date expat who still believes the legacy media

Panorama is pure UK establishment hyperbole - And has become shrouded in controversy in recent years - I like to think this is now common knowledge in the UK, as fewer and fewer people are watching it. I suppose the viewership must be down to the last few boomers who haven't yet cottoned on to the fact they're being lied to.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:38 - May 28 with 1938 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:24 - May 27 by QPunkR

Like I said before, there was many more than 6k inside the stadium without tickets. That's just the number they ended up deciding on arbitrarily

No one died or got seriously hurt. If they did, I would agree with you, but they didn't so I don't and it really is just a case of posh dads being upset because Little Hugo's first football match was a little bit too vibrant for a 6 year old posh kid to cope with.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:54 - May 28 with 1838 viewsNewYorkRanger

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:07 - May 25 by SydneyRs

The one they made about the Ashley Madison website hack is a load of shite too. They could and should have done so much better.

That's a strong agree from me on the Ashley Madison one. I remember that happening at the time really well and it could've been a really interesting documentary. Turned out to be nothing of the sort. Altho the bloke who did his Mrs' pregnancy test without her knowing, video'd it and then posted it on social media......I have no words

Glory hunter, me

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:57 - May 28 with 1814 viewsNewYorkRanger

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 09:21 - May 22 by QPunkR

I got there about 5 hours before ko and it was already like a scene from a war zone. The utterly ridiculous thing is that throughout the worst of the disorder, riot police were stationed on the other side of the stadium but not called in until way too late

I was there, and was also at the Germany game and the semi vs Denmark. Me and my mates followed exactly the same routine for the final as we did for the semi and it was immediately obvious, >3hrs before kick off that there were far too many people there. As soon as we got off the train at Wembley Stadium you could sense a very different, quite unpleasant atmosphere.

I had been in 2 minds about going but decided to as i thought i may never get another chance to see England in a major final. I really wish I hadn't gone, and not because we lost. It was just a really unpleasant experience all round

Glory hunter, me

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 10:09 - May 29 with 1576 viewsBklynRanger

Hopefully this opinion isn't a spackman, but we also have to remember it's only Netflix.

I'd class their various documentaries as infotainment mainly, and as long I manage that expectation I do generally enjoy them. I watched a Spanish one about The King of Cachopo at the weekend which was a good laugh - what a nutter. And I've started to watch that Ashley Madison guff after multiple requests from the wife (no idea why...).

Stating the obvious, but even the more respected
documentaries need to be looked at as the director's view on it. Capturing the Friedman's is one example where you definitely need a good read around afterwards to get a bit more of the picture.

I'll probably give in and watch the Wembley one, and probably regret it. As I get older I find it increasingly difficult to keep those very real wider contextual factors in mind when confronted by arsehole behaviour.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:49 - May 29 with 1438 viewsMedwayR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cd11glv6dm7o

Poll: Who’s better?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:02 - May 29 with 1387 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 12:49 - May 29 by MedwayR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cd11glv6dm7o

Weird how this is necessary for Madrid v Dortmund but wasn't for Leeds v Southampton or Man Utd v Man City.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:09 - May 29 with 1370 viewsHoopsie

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:02 - May 29 by SheffieldHoop

Weird how this is necessary for Madrid v Dortmund but wasn't for Leeds v Southampton or Man Utd v Man City.

Same

Can’t see how fans will likely gate crash the champion league final with two non-English clubs competing more than the recent championship playoff which drew a crowd of 85,000 and with more than 150k Lids fans without tickets outside the stadium

But Seriously, how so?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:11 - May 29 with 1367 views1MoreBrightonR

Dortmund had 400,000 applications for tickets to the game (mental, i know), so that would suggest there is a lot more potential for ticketless fans to show up. Not saying they will at all, but for that game, they know demand massively outstrips availability.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:15 - May 29 with 1356 viewsMedwayR

I think it's called putting on a show for UEFA so they get future finals & tournaments.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:10 - Jun 3 with 950 viewsRangersw12

Surprised nobody has mentioned this .
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:25 - Jun 3 with 871 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:10 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

Surprised nobody has mentioned this .

Was on the BBC and Sky news this morning.
[Post edited 3 Jun 11:33]
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:29 - Jun 3 with 844 viewsTheChef

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:25 - Jun 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Was on the BBC and Sky news this morning.
[Post edited 3 Jun 11:33]

Again surprised about the onus on low-paid stewards in these situations rather than the police being in situ to deal with this kind of stuff (it does look like the police turn up in the end? hard to tell from the video).

Clearly not learnt lessons from the Euro final.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:15 - Jun 3 with 668 viewsPBLOCK

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:38 - May 28 by SheffieldHoop

No one died or got seriously hurt. If they did, I would agree with you, but they didn't so I don't and it really is just a case of posh dads being upset because Little Hugo's first football match was a little bit too vibrant for a 6 year old posh kid to cope with.

Possibly the biggest amount of Sh!t ever posted

I watched it the other night after reading this thread and I’ll be honest it was thoroughly depressing

I’ve been home and away with England before went to Euro 2000 away for the Germany game and have never been away with England since. Was in Charleroi Water cannons, tear gas the whole lot and I have no interest in that rubbish I’m there for a few beers and to watch the football supporting my team

Most England fans are fairly sound but there is a decent amount who are complete loons who are only interested in behaving like complete morons, shoving as much gear up their nose as they can and generally behaving in a totally inappropriate way. Reputation does proceed England and unfortunately the decent fans get tarred with the same brush

I’ve taken my 8 year old (who isn’t named Hugo and im certainly not posh) to a couple of the recent friendlies Brazil being the last one) tickets are reasonably priced and he gets to see some top players.Whether he is posh or not as a kid do you think he should have to walk through bottles being lobbed in the air and smashing, or maybe traffic cones coming down with a thud as he is talking about who might be playing, perhaps watching people generally behaving like f@cking tw@ts and sniffing gear all over the shop is maybe a good thing in your eyes?

I’ve done 100’s of Rangers games down the years my boy comes in the pub he knows there’s gonna be bad language and he’s not to repeat it and I would never want football to be sanitized to the point of you may as well watch it at home,it’s the atmosphere the thrill of a Jimmy Dunne last minute winner etc but you are seriously condoning that behavior as some posh people moaning?

Give your head a wobble
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:20 - Jun 3 with 654 viewsNorthernr

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:29 - Jun 3 by TheChef

Again surprised about the onus on low-paid stewards in these situations rather than the police being in situ to deal with this kind of stuff (it does look like the police turn up in the end? hard to tell from the video).

Clearly not learnt lessons from the Euro final.

Doesn't it just come back to the point about how the outside of Wembley is really poorly designed for these sort of games these days?

Perhaps similar with the Stade de France, although I haven't been and am not familiar.

The place they have the final in Turkey is in the middle of butt fck nowhere, huge exclusion zones all around it, multiple physical barriers and ticket checks. Wembley have sold off all their surrounding land to hotels, flats and box park, right up to the gate. So now you've got a set of concrete stairs, temporary railings and a third party stewarding company employing people on mimimum wage standing in the way.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:30 - Jun 3 with 615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:20 - Jun 3 by Northernr

Doesn't it just come back to the point about how the outside of Wembley is really poorly designed for these sort of games these days?

Perhaps similar with the Stade de France, although I haven't been and am not familiar.

The place they have the final in Turkey is in the middle of butt fck nowhere, huge exclusion zones all around it, multiple physical barriers and ticket checks. Wembley have sold off all their surrounding land to hotels, flats and box park, right up to the gate. So now you've got a set of concrete stairs, temporary railings and a third party stewarding company employing people on mimimum wage standing in the way.

Apparently they spending £5m on new external security infrastructure.

I‘ve no idea why this hasn’t been put in place already.

Edit: this was already in place!
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:32]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024