Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK Beer. Shift to Lower ABV% . 10:26 - Jul 29 with 9900 viewsDiscodroids

Up until recently I was able to buy 5 star red Mahou beer  at the original ABV 5.1% . I've noticed that i can now only purchase a lower strength 4.5% version brewed for the UK . The bottles have these cheap labels stuck on them,  not the embossed logo on the original brew. It tastes completely different.

Also i've  noticed Cruzcampo, which is sunk to the nuts everywhere in every bar and club across the land,  is a knock off UK brewed lower ABV of the original.  It's nothing like the original In Spain.  Same with Japanese Kirin Ichiban,  can't get the original brew anymore, just a lower ABV UK fugazi. Rosa Blanca that ambrosial Lager from Mallorca, we get a 3.4% version of the 5% original. 3. 4% ! that's top deck shandy levels. 

Moretti,  Leffe , Stella and Brewdog lost and IPA punk have also dropped the ABV% of their brews in the last 6 or so months. 

I understand that Madri is a uk brewed product but I can no longer buy Portuguese Superbock or Sagres , Spanish Moritz, or German Warsteiner and Paulaner from any main supermarket that  were  freely available just 3 months ago.  Even Those  harry monk  brews carlsberg , Carling and fosters are dropping their ABV to risible 3.4% and 3.6% respectively.

Why?, Can't the regular sociable drinking public be responsible for ourselves?? Can't we be trusted to consume beers as they were created in their original format??. Is it to do with tax laws/import duty on beers over a certain ABV percentage making it economically unviable for brewers to export beer to the UK?. Even stuff thats brewed in the UK is being reduced to baxter soup thin gruel.

We are  left with the world knowing the UK has the weakest mainstream beer in the world, at the highest prices.

The last government through total incompetence will end up destroying the great British beer heritage.

Rant over, i'm off to stick me finger in my ear playing the Bodhrán to steeleyespan.

[Post edited 29 Jul 10:31]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

UK Beer. Shift to Lower ABV% . on 18:35 - Aug 1 with 652 viewsPunteR

UK Beer. Shift to Lower ABV% . on 18:11 - Aug 1 by Mick_S

The Odds Couple
1991 no Dennis Waterman boooo
I was doing some ironing. George said I was a natural. I’m not joking.

I bet you creased up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

UK Beer. Shift to Lower ABV% . on 18:45 - Aug 1 with 628 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I made one of these two years ago, glorious it were and I didn't give myself the squits.
Have any of you found similar? I cannot find anything like this, just stuff that needs equipment and I hated Chemistry.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/61902/muntons-brewery-in-a-bag-craft-beer-brewing-kit

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

UK Beer. Shift to Lower ABV% . on 22:29 - Aug 1 with 498 viewsSimonJames

UK Beer. Shift to Lower ABV% . on 18:11 - Aug 1 by Mick_S

The Odds Couple
1991 no Dennis Waterman boooo
I was doing some ironing. George said I was a natural. I’m not joking.

Were you Joe, Eric or Billy?

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024