Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying 19:03 - Sep 14 with 5049 viewsrobshaker

the Phoenix...she rise

"this famous old club"
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 13:43 - Sep 17 with 1607 viewsDale_4_Life

Its worth stating again that there was NO merger.

The FA for some reason allowed AFC to use the old name (That's it).

The fact they have 2 stars on the pheonix shirts is cringeworthy.

The illusion continues...

As a phoenix club they have done rather well and do have a real chance of getting to the FA cup first round proper for the very first time.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 14:30 - Sep 17 with 1538 viewsheywooddale

Well done Bury on their biggest fa cup win in the club's history. Doing alright for a Sunday league team!
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 14:56 - Sep 17 with 1505 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 13:43 - Sep 17 by Dale_4_Life

Its worth stating again that there was NO merger.

The FA for some reason allowed AFC to use the old name (That's it).

The fact they have 2 stars on the pheonix shirts is cringeworthy.

The illusion continues...

As a phoenix club they have done rather well and do have a real chance of getting to the FA cup first round proper for the very first time.

The 2 stars are there to remind them of why they are where they are...Day and Dale.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 15:39 - Sep 17 with 1465 viewsJames1980

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 14:56 - Sep 17 by TalkingSutty

The 2 stars are there to remind them of why they are where they are...Day and Dale.

Are the stars brown? They should be

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:08 - Sep 18 with 1190 viewsBarryStrange

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 13:10 - Sep 17 by Brierls

It's lovely to see, Rob.

Phoenix club bury create FA Cup shock away at giants Blyth Spartans.

I never thought I'd see the day where you're getting a hardon for that, but life is a journey full of unexpected twists and turns.

You know the funny thing though mate - we played Blyth 29 years ago and lost in the First Round. Had we won that I wouldn't have been that arsed, I'd barely remember it as I don't remember much about FA Cup wins over Witton Albion or Workington. Conversely, with all that is happened it felt immense to beat them on Saturday, 3-0 away win to a team 2 divisions above, it doesn't happen often. And it offset one of the very few unpleasant memories from the mid 90s.

To be honest none of us are arsed about the disparity between what used to be normal v what feels like an achievement now. I can honestly say I don't miss Tuesday night 0-0 draws with Shrewsbury. It is what it is, wouldn't have chosen stuff to pan out as it did, but most of us would recognise this is what starting again looks like.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:50 - Sep 18 with 1108 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:08 - Sep 18 by BarryStrange

You know the funny thing though mate - we played Blyth 29 years ago and lost in the First Round. Had we won that I wouldn't have been that arsed, I'd barely remember it as I don't remember much about FA Cup wins over Witton Albion or Workington. Conversely, with all that is happened it felt immense to beat them on Saturday, 3-0 away win to a team 2 divisions above, it doesn't happen often. And it offset one of the very few unpleasant memories from the mid 90s.

To be honest none of us are arsed about the disparity between what used to be normal v what feels like an achievement now. I can honestly say I don't miss Tuesday night 0-0 draws with Shrewsbury. It is what it is, wouldn't have chosen stuff to pan out as it did, but most of us would recognise this is what starting again looks like.

Great post, making new history with a new club. They don't all embrace it like you
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 15:14 - Sep 18 with 942 viewsDale_4_Life

On the AFC Phoenix website they still have founded 1885.

They are a strange bunch - deluded beyond help.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 15:52 - Sep 18 with 894 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 15:14 - Sep 18 by Dale_4_Life

On the AFC Phoenix website they still have founded 1885.

They are a strange bunch - deluded beyond help.

Constant denial, we shouldn't be surprised really, they thought Stewart Day was the best thing since sliced bread. Despite numerous warnings they chose to walk around with their fingers in their ears, you can't educate stupid and we're seeing it again with this Phoenix Club.
[Post edited 18 Sep 15:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 775 views100notout

Maybe the slump starts here?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:35 - Sep 18 with 546 viewsrobshaker

1995 - Bury 0 Blyth Spartans 2 FA Cup 1st round.. attendance3k+ do remember it.. we never did well in cups my first away game 1990 Chorley 1st round FA cup lost 2-1 with one of the best Bury sides ever (Sam Ellis manager)

very quiet coach on way back!
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:44 - Sep 18 with 534 viewsrobshaker

mind u former winners n all that.....history makers have stars on their shirt thats for sure.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 23:19 - Sep 18 with 358 viewsSuddenLad

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:44 - Sep 18 by robshaker

mind u former winners n all that.....history makers have stars on their shirt thats for sure.

Some fraudulently it seems, but that won't come as a surprise to the majority.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 08:53 - Sep 19 with 218 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 23:19 - Sep 18 by SuddenLad

Some fraudulently it seems, but that won't come as a surprise to the majority.

Two Stars on their Phoenix shirts, one for Day and one for Dale. That's the history that launched their new start up club..and they've chosen to recognise them both on their shirts😀
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 09:18 - Sep 19 with 177 viewsTVOS1907

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 15:52 - Sep 18 by TalkingSutty

Constant denial, we shouldn't be surprised really, they thought Stewart Day was the best thing since sliced bread. Despite numerous warnings they chose to walk around with their fingers in their ears, you can't educate stupid and we're seeing it again with this Phoenix Club.
[Post edited 18 Sep 15:53]

Got to laugh at Radcliffe’s co-manager (“Johnno”) on X, saying how it’s his boyhood dream to manage against the club he’s supported all his life…

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024