Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall Reflection 14:58 - Sep 21 with 2206 viewsbluenwhite10

Found it a real struggle to create anything against a well organised difficult team to breakdown today.

Lots of side to side passing across the back but without really creating any openings or going anywhere.

Saito did get past his man twice in the 1st half but most things went down the right and I think that was mainly due to when the ball went to Clarke-Salter there was a reluctance to drive forward instead always choosing to go back to Cook.

Did not create many chances too ( really evident we are missing Chair) and rode our luck a fair few times, but we come away with a point.

A really strange call to take off Saito off and put Anderson on the left who was by far the weak link in the Rangers side as he was so horribly off the pace against an energetic Millwall. One stand out player for the Rangers today Frey as he battled non stop and took his chance well. In summary not the best performance got away with a point and the unbeaten run continues.

Up the R’s
Millwall Reflection on 15:15 - Sep 21 with 2027 viewsBklynRanger

Definitely agree on it being one of those days when the lack of Chair was clear.

Not that we should need to rely on him to that extent, but the only one showing for it at throw ins seemed to be Frey, who deserves his recent plaudits for effort let alone goals.

Plenty of other things to work on, like getting Lucas to somehow remember he's actually quite good at football, and getting Varane to be a bit braver. Not to mention Madsen.

We need to get Chair, Saito and Dembele on the pitch at once as a functioning 3 behind Big Michi, and spend the game just giving it to them while not fcuking up elsewhere - it doesn't seem too much more complicated than that, to me at least.
Millwall Reflection on 15:32 - Sep 21 with 1886 viewsbluenwhite10

Forgot to mention the Ref obviously go away for the weekend after the game and didn’t want any paperwork to do..!
Millwall Reflection on 15:36 - Sep 21 with 1847 viewsbongo_king

For the first time in ages we might have too many "options" in some areas and be trying too hard to shoehorn them in. There are things to like about Madsen, but I'm really not sure how he fits in a 4-2-3-1; and trying to accommodate him in it seems to be messing up the midfield balance - I'm not yet convinced he can play in the two (we become defensively too weak). Bearing in mind the price paid, he may actually be a signing too far (personally I'd rather we'd tied up dembele permanently now). Agree we are largely looking at accomodating a 3 of chair, dembele and one of saito/smyth/andersen behind Frey (also favour Saito at the mo on form, but hard to see where he plays if Chair stays AML). The two holding behind that would probably ideally come from Field, Collback and Varane with EDB (who is a bit like Madsen light) as backup. Madsen to me so far looks more like the 8/10 in a 4-3-3 and its hard to justify moving to 4-3-3 with the other players we have.
Millwall Reflection on 15:48 - Sep 21 with 1600 viewsRangers67

Very lazy lacklustre performance today. I thought Millwall shaded it and we were a bit lucky to get a point. Madden and Andersen on the pitch together doesn’t work . The ref well what can you say, about the same standard as that clown on Tuesday night
Millwall Reflection on 15:49 - Sep 21 with 1580 viewsSimonJames

We nicked a point. That, and Frey's effort, are the only good things to say about that game.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Millwall Reflection on 15:56 - Sep 21 with 1487 viewsLogman

I thought we phoned ourselves in also today. Gave them too much respect. They had very little but, because we seemed to keep a bit in reserve they were able to play much more than they should have been able to. That was very much a game of two bottom half teams today.
Millwall Reflection on 17:22 - Sep 21 with 1092 views1JD

Millwall Reflection on 15:36 - Sep 21 by bongo_king

For the first time in ages we might have too many "options" in some areas and be trying too hard to shoehorn them in. There are things to like about Madsen, but I'm really not sure how he fits in a 4-2-3-1; and trying to accommodate him in it seems to be messing up the midfield balance - I'm not yet convinced he can play in the two (we become defensively too weak). Bearing in mind the price paid, he may actually be a signing too far (personally I'd rather we'd tied up dembele permanently now). Agree we are largely looking at accomodating a 3 of chair, dembele and one of saito/smyth/andersen behind Frey (also favour Saito at the mo on form, but hard to see where he plays if Chair stays AML). The two holding behind that would probably ideally come from Field, Collback and Varane with EDB (who is a bit like Madsen light) as backup. Madsen to me so far looks more like the 8/10 in a 4-3-3 and its hard to justify moving to 4-3-3 with the other players we have.

The problem with Madsen is that he is a CM without a position. He’s neither a deep lying 6 DCM who can dictate, he isn’t an energetic box to box 8, and no chance he’s a number 10. On early showings he is a weird CM profile that doesn’t fit anywhere - see Andre Dozzell. Who he plays like - couple of nice touches here and there. Disappears for the rest of the game. You can’t do that in CM. Shouldn’t be starting currently and the balance is all wrong in there currently.
[Post edited 21 Sep 17:23]
Millwall Reflection on 19:59 - Sep 21 with 744 viewsstainrods_elbow

Millwall Reflection on 17:22 - Sep 21 by 1JD

The problem with Madsen is that he is a CM without a position. He’s neither a deep lying 6 DCM who can dictate, he isn’t an energetic box to box 8, and no chance he’s a number 10. On early showings he is a weird CM profile that doesn’t fit anywhere - see Andre Dozzell. Who he plays like - couple of nice touches here and there. Disappears for the rest of the game. You can’t do that in CM. Shouldn’t be starting currently and the balance is all wrong in there currently.
[Post edited 21 Sep 17:23]

While what you say may be true, there are a lot of midfielders who aren't obvious 6s, 8s, or 10s, like the Dozzells of this world - I guess a lot of them are called journeymen. Wasn't he asked the question in his arrival interview as to his best position - and what did he say again? Let's hope the scouting process had a role for him and so does Marti. I get Simon Osborn vibes off him (who went on to play nearly 200 games for Wolves after his abortive short spell with us) which will be with any luck misleading, so fingers crossed things turn out better for him and us.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024