Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ultimate World Cup thread 22:40 - Jun 11 with 258626 viewsLogman

Think we need a designated thread for general World Cup 2026 chat. There only seem to be the England and sweepstake ones so far.

Well that opening game got me nodding off nicely. VAR/the laws of the game the talking points as always. Well done FIFA. Not long before the highlights are just a reel of refereeing/VAR decisions.

When does the EFL start ?

[Post edited 11 Jun 22:41]
1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:42 - Jul 19 with 1509 viewsHunterhoop

The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:22 - Jul 19 by Juzzie

Two yellow cards to Argentina not given


I must have missed when the laws were changed to say Argentina are not allowed to receive any bookings.

At least 3 obvious bookings not given so far, two for MacAllister.
3
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:44 - Jul 19 with 1501 viewscharmr

We anre all experienced football viewers and watching this something doesn’t feel right.

Going to turn it off
0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:46 - Jul 19 with 1468 viewsMick_S

The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:44 - Jul 19 by charmr

We anre all experienced football viewers and watching this something doesn’t feel right.

Going to turn it off


What I’m feeling. This could be very interesting.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:47 - Jul 19 with 1432 viewsJuzzie

We’ll blow me down…. an Argentina yellow card 😮
1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:49 - Jul 19 with 1396 viewsHunterhoop

The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:47 - Jul 19 by Juzzie

We’ll blow me down…. an Argentina yellow card 😮


Had to be. It’s still 1 from 4, so far.
0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:51 - Jul 19 with 1384 viewsJuzzie

The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:49 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

Had to be. It’s still 1 from 4, so far.


Commentators saying ‘no one wants a red card’ (not in defence of Argentina) but this is why they’re getting away with it
1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:53 - Jul 19 with 1368 viewsR_from_afar

I get an awful feeling that Argentina will weather the Spanish storm and nick a goal, somehow .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:57 - Jul 19 with 1332 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boring as...

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Login to get fewer ads

The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:57 - Jul 19 with 1329 viewsMick_S

Very poor use of hair dye in the studio there. Sharing the same bottle?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:02 - Jul 19 with 1299 viewsHunterhoop

The ultimate World Cup thread on 20:51 - Jul 19 by Juzzie

Commentators saying ‘no one wants a red card’ (not in defence of Argentina) but this is why they’re getting away with it


I think the Spanish fans wouldn’t mind an Argentinian red card!

Also, it’s just getting a bit silly with Argentina. They are dirty as sin. It’s all deliberate. It’s an important part of their tactics. You can’t just wave it off because “we don’t want a red card on the occasion).
4
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:06 - Jul 19 with 1267 viewsLogman

The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:02 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

I think the Spanish fans wouldn’t mind an Argentinian red card!

Also, it’s just getting a bit silly with Argentina. They are dirty as sin. It’s all deliberate. It’s an important part of their tactics. You can’t just wave it off because “we don’t want a red card on the occasion).


I actually agree with Rooney. I think the ref was blowing up and giving the fouls but if he started brandishing cards then it ramps up the stop-start/gamesmanship and it effectively ends as a game of football. I think he's done OK (the ref)
0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:07 - Jul 19 with 1263 viewsMick_S

The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:02 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

I think the Spanish fans wouldn’t mind an Argentinian red card!

Also, it’s just getting a bit silly with Argentina. They are dirty as sin. It’s all deliberate. It’s an important part of their tactics. You can’t just wave it off because “we don’t want a red card on the occasion).


It’s ok. Madonna and the muppets are on.

£uck me sideways.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:07 - Jul 19 with 1263 viewsNorthernr

There were three fouls in that first 'quarter' that are yellow cards every minute of every game on every day of every week in every football competition in the world in 2026. Two of them were Mac Allister. He booked nobody, and didn't even award a free kick for one of them.
3
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:08 - Jul 19 with 1234 viewsted_hendrix

What Is that crap going on now? what happened to the football?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:08 - Jul 19 with 1238 viewsGeoff78

Memo to C Nourry:
Subject: Half Time Entertainment

Message: No way!
0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:09 - Jul 19 with 1225 viewsDorse

Half time show.



Just fck off. All the way off. And when you think you've fcked off as far as you can, keep keep going. Cunce.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

2
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:12 - Jul 19 with 1168 viewsted_hendrix

Make It stop

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:13 - Jul 19 with 1160 viewsderbyhoop

I though Mac Allister's tackle on Olmo was far worse than Quansah's

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:13 - Jul 19 with 1150 viewsR_from_afar

If this goes on any longer, they'll need to do a recap.

"Previously, in the World Cup final... ".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:14 - Jul 19 with 1148 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Round the pole any day.....

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

6
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:14 - Jul 19 with 1140 viewsLogman

The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:08 - Jul 19 by Geoff78

Memo to C Nourry:
Subject: Half Time Entertainment

Message: No way!


Nah, give me 3 pissed blokes doing round the pole any day ....
2
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:14 - Jul 19 with 1140 viewsMick_S

The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:12 - Jul 19 by ted_hendrix

Make It stop


Another regret about us not being there - our support would have ripped the 5hit out of that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

1
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:16 - Jul 19 with 1121 viewsted_hendrix

OMG BBC

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:17 - Jul 19 with 1098 viewsMick_S

The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:16 - Jul 19 by ted_hendrix

OMG BBC


I know.

WTF is going on?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
The ultimate World Cup thread on 21:18 - Jul 19 with 1077 viewssoops

I’d rather listen to Rooney at half time than watch that shit. That’s how bad it is.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026